Thoughts? Image is not made to offend anyone, so if you fell offended on part of your nation...

Thoughts? Image is not made to offend anyone, so if you fell offended on part of your nation, the spirit animal obviously doesn't represent you. Please suggest a different animal that you feel suit your nation better.

And not a post-subversion spirit animal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yIU78KvMNOE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peijaiset
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asena
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eglė_the_Queen_of_Serpents
lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Žaltys_(mitologija)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

jävla horunge u are wrong about sweden

England should be a beautiful swan, France should be a plucked cockerel trying to fight its way out of a pot

shill, kys

sage

>cockroach in turkey
>assad in syria
Iraq should have an UAV as animal

>Proud, Aggressive, Protective, Beautiful
I think the Swan fits the French better.

While the Eagle represents your dominance

The bear is the real spirit animal of Finns. The ancient European bear cult was once everywhere in Europe, but it survived for the longest here. In a way it never died and it was revived in the internet age (pic related).

It's not politically used because ''the Russian bear'' meme was already a thing pre-independence, and for political reasons Finland wanted to distance itself from Russia.

youtube.com/watch?v=yIU78KvMNOE

You underestimate the Englishman's love of a good swan, Morten

Germany should be the golden eagle.

Romania is the wolf(dacic memery) or the aquila.

Well Finland touches an Elk, a Wolf and a Bear if you count Karelia. Maybe I should have placed the bear further up and to the left, but I think it is a Novgorodian spirit animal too.

Maybe both

This we still respect bear. In fact when we hunt bears, it's traditional practice for hunters to share a drink after the kill.
Shooter has the second drink. First one goes to the bear.

I agree, pic related suits better Swedish YES spirit.

Surely Italy’s would be a wolf, and Spain’s a bull?

Northwestern Russians are genetically slavicized Finns, so it'd not be too incorrect.

I don't imagine the Spanish people identify as emotionally violent with brute force that the Bull represents, I think they mock the Bull for it in their games.

>Surely Italy’s would be a wolf
"Italian stallion" I think Italians view the nobility, beauty, elegance and strenght of the stallion.

What a shitty post

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peijaiset
>Karhunpeijaiset is a celebration after a bear hunt. A bear was never "hunted"; it was merely brought down. A single man could claim to have hunted and killed a bear, but in a community effort, the bear simply died. The ceremony was always a much more elaborate affair than the most influential member of the community would have merited. In eastern Finland it would have copious mourners and wailers, and the people would address the bear as a relative or as the son of a god. Its flesh was not eaten — that would have been cannibalism — or, if it was, an elaborate show was made to symbolically render the meat into that of another animal, e.g. venison. The bear's head was usually mounted on the top of a young tree, or on a pike. Carrion-eaters would then eat it, leaving only the skull, which would then become an object of veneration. A courtyard would also be cleared around the skull. Traditionally, only bears were sanctified thus

Why? I would think a wolf or a horse for Romania. The problem with the wolf it's that I think it's THE European spirit animal so it fits pretty much everywhere, as you see various nationalist movements drawn to the animal.

>suits better Swedish YES spirit.
That would be post subversion

jävla kines, ska knulla din gula mamma o skapa halv finländare

If instead of memes this image was based on animals used to represent that country in history:

Turkey would either be a grey wolf (from their ancient myths) or well, the bird turkey.

Germany would be an eagle obviously.

France would be a rooster.

Britain: British bulldog

Romania: Lynx

etc etc.

It wouldn't be filled with rats and roaches if it wasn't made to offend and get (you)s.

The rat isn't directed towards Belgians, but Brussel and the EU rats.

Pic related for Belgium/Parts of the Netherlands maybe? Intelligent, ellegant

turkey should have horses cuz they are mongols, wolves are a european mythnot shitskin lol

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asena

This isn't based on memes though, but more about the behavior of the nations and what they value themselves and strive for.

"Their ancient myts", then you mean the pre-Islamic, pre-Turk pre-Semitic admixture into Anatolia.

>It wouldn't be filled with rats and roaches if it wasn't made to offend and get (you)s.
I was talking about Europeans. I don't care about the opinions of non-Europeans in relation to this.

kek mongols stealing european myth now lmao

Norway sweden and iceland should be honey bees. Eagles are all about imperial authority and your places weren't really imperial. Also eagle represents pride, power and ambition and you never had any of that. You're simple hard working down to earth people so I say A HONEY BEE. Rest is fine except Italy must be an eagle.

The Iberian wolf is my favourite

>If instead of memes this image was based on animals used to represent that country in history:
Turkey would still be a roach memes stick for a reason.
>turkey should have horses cuz they are mongols
No, they're full shitskins. More arabic than turkic.

>Not the post subversion spirit animal
The Sea eagle for Coastal Norway represents the people living off and dominating the coast, and the aspiration to do so. The bear in Eastern-Norway and in Sweden represents the independent man, living and dominating isolated cold, winter forests.

>Also eagle represents pride, power and ambition and you never had any of that.
That's completely false.

>except Italy must be an eagle.
"Italian stallion" I have said why I thought the horse fit in Italy.

Yeah, could have placed a wolf in Iberia too, but that is true for all of Europe.

>The Sea eagle for Coastal Norway represents the people living off and dominating the coast, and the aspiration to do so.
That's a seagull.
>The bear in Eastern-Norway and in Sweden represents the independent man, living and dominating isolated cold, winter forests.
That's a squirrel.

You guys are small time in history after 1066.

>That's a seagull
Not independent, rats in the air
>squirrel
Weak prey

>You guys are small time in history after 1066.
False

Put a simple working horse on Lithuania.

A horse was the most important utility any household had. Horse theft was concidered the most harsh criminal activity. Horse thieves were literally murdered on the spot.
You take away my horse i take away your life.
Horses are treated with the most respect of any animal.

Says the guy who speaks half russian and uses their alphabet.

You and your central asian neighbors got russified, Turkey and Azerbaijan got Persified.

Turks have a history of racemixing because they thought race passed down from father, you aren't pure Turkic either.

And I did hear that genetically Turkish people ressemble Balkan and Caucasus people the most, but they are pretty distinct from arabs. They are mostly Anatolians.

Is the working horse something you hold higher than other animals?

The wolf is mostly true for all Europeans, which is why I have placed it in the centre so to speak.

Fukcing moors also have coast don't they get to get an eagle too? Oh right they're dirty shitskins small fries, completely irrelevant. Well guess what? You too. If you ruled the oceans like Britain or Spain you'd deserve an eagle but you were just fishing if that's all your "domination of the coast" then you're a seagull at best.

Similar arguments with sweden. They're squirrels because they're cowardly.
>squirrel
>Weak prey

Exactly. They're weak prey past the age of vikings and especially now.

wrong bear is a spirit animal in finland

what the fuck dude

They're shitskins both in appearance and mentality.

What is that Balkan one. Some sort of wild goat?

>completely irrelevant. Well guess what? You too.
False

>then you're a seagull at best.
The seagull is a rat in the air, Norwegians do not behave like rats, or aspire to be like them. Independent, strong, noble, opposites of the seagull.

>Similar arguments with sweden. They're squirrels because they're cowardly.
Didn't you read my OP? NOT post-subversion spirit animals.

>Exactly. They're weak prey past the age of vikings and especially now.
False though. Per capita, relavtive to the environment, we have been strong and arguably still are as nations. Today we are weak, so are all Europeans because of subversion. However this is not something we aspire to be, only some urban soyboys do.

"but you were just fishing"
Discovering America
North Pole exploration
South Pole exploration
Sea trade
Sea warfare (relative to our size)

The bear touches Karelia, but I agree, Finland and Novgorod is the bear. The wolf is for all Europeans and the Elk represents the Nordics living in peace.

Wild goat yes
Strenght, protective, aggressive

What?

>"but you were just fishing"
>Discovering America
>North Pole exploration
>South Pole exploration
>Sea trade
>Sea warfare (relative to our size)
Russia did all of that and then some. Including the ACTUAL discovery of America (Alaska) instead of viking fairy tales about the end of the map. So why don't they get two sea eagles in addition to their bear? That's right because other nations ruled the seas 'more' like Britain and Spain. So if they don't get two eagles you don't deserve a one. Put the fucking seagull up there mother fucker god damn it. Vikings were LITERALLY rats of the sea.

the traditional rooster is better suited to France
an animal proud to sing while at the top of a pile of shit
rly, it accurately as fuck represents most people here

Yes, horse was the most important animal for lithuanians.
Although you made me think. A grass snake is probably the most important animal mythologically speaking. Grass snakes are held high in our paganistic belief system. Its even on the official pagan flag.
We even have fairy tales about how people can transmorph themselves in to grass snakes (and trees).

So i dont care, pick a simple horse or a simple grass snake on Lithuania, both are important. You pick whatever you like more.

Hmm, you are just showing your anti-Scandinavian sentiment here. Where does it come from?

>So why don't they get two sea eagles in addition to their bear?
Because Russia is very diverse and I think most Northern-Russians at least hold the bear much higher than the sea eagles. You come off as a less intelligent, and paranoid, person not able to read between lines or understand what other people are trying to communicate. As the paranoid dumb person you are, you think I made this thread as some kind of contest or measurement between countries, it's not.

>That's right because other nations ruled the seas 'more' like Britain and Spain.
Britain and Iberia both has eagles.

>Put the fucking seagull up there mother fucker god damn it.
Have you literally worked up anger? God you must be autistic or something.

>Vikings were LITERALLY rats of the sea.
Nope. Most were traders and I don't consider raiding the Monastries of the Christian Church bad, that seeks to subvert them, like it did with their neighbors.

forgot the tale:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eglė_the_Queen_of_Serpents
>The tale features not only human–reptile shapeshifting, but an irreversible human–tree shapeshifting as well

Oh and we literally dont care about wolves, wolves are fags.

kek

"Not post-subversion spirit animals"

I'd say the Bison is for Poland

A gypsy moth would be more appropriate

Nah mate, that's actualy how french people behave. it's in their very native to be cocky as fuck even in the face of utter humiliation and embarrassment, its like jews and being parasites, they just can't help it

The snake represents deceit and cowardice to me, but to the Old Lithuanians it probably represented independence, master of the surroundings, mythical and dangerous etc.

I agree with the horse. But most Europeans have that relationship to it though.

>france isnt a rooster

> I would think a wolf or a horse for Romania.
the horse no, there is no "cult" of the horse. That's more of the magyar as they were nomadic warriors.
It's either the auroch, the wolf or the eagle.

Why? I think I agree. The wolf is basically "The European" animal, so it fits everywhere which is Why I put it in the middle/where I couldn't think of a distinct animal that strike me as suiting.

we had the fourth largest fleet at one point and there is archeological proof of us reaching america. a white-tailed eagle is perfect cause it's large like norway is, considering our arctic territory, hunts near the sea like us, commonly found in norway and is related to the folklore of old norwegian territories in the british isles

also vikings technically founded russia (see: rurik, oleg of novgorod, sineus and truvor, askild and dir)

Why the Auroch? And why the Eagle?
I think the Auroch is suitable. And what about the Wild Boar? It's seen as a shitty bothersome animal, but I think it has some high values as an animal not in relation to us.

>spurdo and gondola are a continuation of the bear cult

holy shit

>French people that isn't subverted wants to be a dumb, annoying Rooster
National animals aren't always relevant to what I want to communicate.

>it's in their very native to be cocky as fuck
The Swan

>in the face of utter humiliation and embarrassment,
But do they like humiliation and embarassment? Do they hold the Rooster as some higher animal? I don't think so.

I'd rather be cocky than gay as a swan

>You come off as a less intelligent, and paranoid, person not able to read between lines or understand what other people are trying to communicate. As the paranoid dumb person you are, you think I made this thread as some kind of contest or measurement between countries, it's not.
You dumb mother fucker I'm just trying to make you accept the objective truth, don't feel bad, the seagull also has its place in the natural hierarchy.

>Vikings were LITERALLY rats of the sea.
>Nope.
>Most were traders
Traders huh? Why then the anglo saxon word viking means bandit? Roaches and arabs are roaches and rats now, you were the rats then.
>I don't consider raiding the Monastries of the Christian Church bad
Well the shitskins also don't consider beheading the infidels and raping their women bad but that doesn't make them eagles dominating Europe now does it? Petty thieves is what you were and you became completely and UTTERLY historically irrelevant after the saxons handed the last viking his ass. You get to be seagull as recognition of your ability to fish. Now put the fucking seagull up there in place of the eagle. And put a fish (very small, non predatory) next to Iceland.

>Hmm, you are just showing your anti-Scandinavian sentiment here.
I don't like people who think they're something bigger than they're actually are. Turkroaches do that, don't be like turkroaches, you wuz not.

the auroch is a big part of the legend of how Moldova the region came to be. It was after an auroch hunt that the romanians from transylvania decided to make moldova a separate principality.
The eagle was the roman symbol and also wallachia's.

>what about the Wild Boar
no one likes pigs. They're not elegant animals

How are the Swan gay? You confuse beauty with gay I think.

The Swan is as I have written, proud, elegant, beautiful (french arts and cusine), but also aggressive and protective.

>The snake represents deceit and cowardice to me
Yeah? but no one asked about your opinion.
Grass snakes are harmless and cute, put a grass sanke on Lithuania, if you think a horse is too generic.

>flamboyant men
must be a nordic concept...

A shepherd fits a lot, seeing as how they are often leading Europe's way.

I fucking love poodles, they're very friendly, smart and have a lot of integrity

>I'm just trying to make you accept the objective truth,
No, you have an agenda. What is it that you dislike so much about Scandinavia? You don't bother, or you are not able, to understand what I am trying to communicate. The seagull or a bea doesn't fit at all. Maybe in some aspects, but they are not animals that these people have looked up to or valued or seen themselves in.

>Why then the anglo saxon word viking means bandit?
Because the Anglo-Saxons were at war with the Vikings. They came out stronger in the end though, which is why modern day Anglo-Saxons aren't crying about it.

>Well the shitskins also don't consider beheading the infidels and raping their women bad
But that's bad because we are better than them. They are lesser and destroy something better. The difference between the Anglo-Saxon and the Viking at time was mosly cultural. They were weakened by Christianity, and the Norse pagans took advantage of that.

>Petty thieves is what you were
Again false.

>UTTERLY historically irrelevant after the saxons handed the last viking his ass
Again false, in the relevant meaning at least. You repeating it doesn't make it true. You accknowledge poor soil and per capita as a relevant factor yes?

>You get to be seagull as recognition of your ability to fish
Again your small brain and paranoia still makes you think that this is some kind of contest or measurement between nations.

>I don't like people who think they're something bigger than they're actually are.
I have not thought that Scandinavians were bigger than they were. But this is clearly not your issue, there must be something else.

>spurdo and gondola are a continuation of the bear cult

It makes sence, lmao

>Not a scottish deerhound or a big ginger highland cow.
Try again.

>Yeah? but no one asked about your opinion.
Why are you offended?

I think that I know Lithuanians enough to say that they don't hold grass snakes, even if they see them as cute and harmless, as some higher animal. What is it about the grass snake that makes you put it higher? Not tradition or history.

Portugal should be a Black Iberian pig.

Your pic related was a non-Norwegian soyboy raped btw. Look him up, not Norwegian at all.

>flamboyant men
I think you are afraid of being seen as Gay so you act hostile towards everything that is "gay" in your mind. Beauty isn't gay or feminine in itself.

You're a scholar Cletus.

"The popularity of the Gallic rooster as a national personification faded away until its resurgence during the French Revolution (1789). The republican historiography completely modified the traditional perception of the origins of France. Until then, the royal historiography dated the origins of France back to the baptism of Clovis I in 496, the "first Christian king of France". The republicans rejected this royalist and Christian origin of the country "

Me too. Among the best dogs, even if they are not the strongest or bravest, they compensate for it with intelligence and personality.

Do you hold the Black Iberian pig in high regards? Do you see your people or nation in it?

>But this is clearly not your issue, there must be something else.
Halfdan Ragnarsson sieged Bamburgh and I can't get there with my army in time so I lose my garrison of 150 angle and saxon nobles that I trained this entire playthrough.

Why?

Viking Conquest lol?

Yes.

>Netherlands and Britain not Lions
>Germany not an Eagle

terrible

i heard someone say that guy was spanish or something

Hm. In our mythology we are connected to wolfs but that way every nation would be wolf/bear/eagle. Goats are too independent and individualistic for Balkans. Maybe some wild sheep? But then people will get insulted.

>Why are you offended?
Im not, just being extra spicy to bring out that extra edgyness in me.
>I think that I know Lithuanians enough
Who are you, if i may ask ? Have any lithuanian relatives/ friends?
>What is it about the grass snake that makes you put it higher? Not tradition or history.
I cant answer this without mentioning history and/or traditions. In your OP you mentioned that we may suggest animals that suit our nations better and thats what im trying to do. A wolf is almost non-existing animal in our history/life/religiog/myths/whatever. A grass snake however is. Some finnish lad mentioned the cult of bear, well, we lithuanians have the cult of grass snakes.
>lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Žaltys_(mitologija)
Im sure you know this but ill say say it anyways, as a reminder Lithuania was the last pagan country in Europe and therefore Christianity did not root itself as strongly as in other countries. Christianity is "demonizing" snakes. Lithuanian paganism does not. Mithologically, a grass snake is a deity of: household, fireplace, deseases relatives, health, fertility overall greatness. A grass snake was concidered a good house spirit.
In lithuanian stories, grass snakes were said to be held as pets. Its said that households with grass snakes in them are never struck by lighning. Overall grass snakes were a symbol of friendlyness, greatness and even justice.

And then christianity came and demonized all snakes.

>Constructed national symbols is what I'm trying to communicate here
Think again.

Mountain Goats live in large packs though

The wolf is the European spirit animal I think.

>Have any lithuanian relatives/ friends?
I know a family that works here.

>we lithuanians have the cult of grass snakes.
We had snake cults here too.

>a grass snake is a deity of:...
interesting, yes I assumed that it was not the traditional associations you have with snakes.

The spirit animal for Israel is on point

>Random ram that is present all over europe
>Glorious ginger cow exclusive to scotland.

Pretty self explanitory

What about the story of Vilnius, wasn't it about a wolf?

Stork

Didn't see your reply, yeah I can definitely see that they fit. But it's not so much national symbol I'm after, more like the nation's spirit animal. What the people hold high, aspire to be like. What animal does a Romanian masculine man want to be like? Do the female counterpart reflect the other?

Even though Belarus has the most bison?

So im assuming that was not enough proof for why grass sankes represent my country better than a wolf?