Why didn't Light just kill off the rest of the Task Force after his dad died? Not like anybody else would figure it out

Why didn't Light just kill off the rest of the Task Force after his dad died? Not like anybody else would figure it out

Also why didn't Light tell Mikami to keep a clipping of the notebook with him at all times? Could have easily won since Mikami wouldn't have gone to the bank.

For a smart guy, Light was pretty stupid

Cause it's totally not suspicious to kill them all off and make him the sole survivor.

Okay but the only ones who could piece it together would be Near or Mello, and if Light had more freedom to act ala no task force watching his every move, they would have never figured it all out

Just saiyan

Killing a whole task force like that would have turned eyes and attention of far too many people.

>Not like anybody else would figure it out
Did you just forget the SPK exist?
>why didn't Light tell Mikami to keep a clipping of the notebook with him at all times
Fucking Takada was smart enough to do that, he probably assumed Mikami would too.

Reminder that Near cheated to beat Kira

He did, on the manga.

PIS is what beat Light.
He should have won but several characters were made dumber than they actually were to stack things in Near's favor.
Light uncharacteristically couldn't hold in the taunting until he confirmed they were dying like he did with L. He had to blurt out "it's my win" and other incriminating shit.

Animeonly-fag. What did the manga do differently than the anime?

There are a few more scenes after Light's death. Near becomes the next L, criminals are on the rise again, a Kira cult prays for his return, and Matsuda suggests that Near wrote Mikami's name in the Death Note to help him expose Light.

Because the anime left out that Near used the Death Note on Mikami and had the entire last event staged and controlled from the start.

The anime basically left everything out in the second half, which some can argue is better, but after having to read this same fucking thread for 10 years now, it's gotten annoying.

Just accept they wanted Light to lose and be at peace.

Basically this . Matsuda suggest that Near wrote Mikami's name on the Death Note because days after Light's Death, He died, on strange circumstances.
He obviously used it. Misa is the leader of the cult btw.

Unlike L, Near never claimed to be super into moralfaggotry. He's pragmatic enough to get the right result, rather than feel smug like L (who died and lost like a bitch due to his scruples)

Lolwhat

L had very little scruples. He let a guy die just to find Kira, and then was about to have another one potentially die to test the 13 day rule.

He just simply let personal feelings get in the way.

He got cocky and reckless after he beat L. He underestimates Near multiple times, he says multiple times that he is nothing like L, and that eventually leads to his downfall. Remember how thorough he was when he first killed an innocent, Ray Penbar, he gets too cocky after killing L. Or the business arc memory trick. He SHOULD have known that Near would suspect a fake notebook. And he should have known to have everyone carry pages of the notebook. And he also trusted Mikami too much.

I wish that Near / L used the rules the notebook against Light, would have been a more clever ending in my opinion. Would have been interesting to see.

So Mikami is dumb? I used to think he is smart back then. But, I honestly forgot.

pretty sure he was a sheep and only looked smart. I don't know if its a thing but In my opinion I don't think serial killers like to partner up with people who might as smart if not smarter than them.

What he should have done is slowly phased out the task force one at a time after L died.

Putting on a show of being the 'new L' probably cost him a lot of valuable time he could have spent more productively.

It wouldn't be too difficult to control them with the Death Note in order to phase them out in a non-suspicious manner. Maybe Aizawa comes into work with the Task Force one day and says he's been promoted and is leaving for another city. Or Matsuda says he met a girl and is going to visit America with her but he never actually comes back.

hack writer

Once he knew another member besides his dad, he should have just written down that this other member kills L and then himself. There was never a need to know L's name.

Yes there was you stupid nigger you can't kill people indirectly. If he was to write x kills lawliet, and THEN write lawliet gets killed by x, it would work
He needs to know the name

He could have just killed L by traditional means. With a gun or a bomb. He was too focused on the death note rules.

True kill everyone in the task force and specify that one of them will drop their gun next to the guy wearing whatever color shit light had on today. Then take the gun and shoot L and Watari

Mikami has the same train of though as Light, so he should be smater than most but he also worships Kira so much he does stupid shit if it's for him.

Reminder that the ending was a complete asspull and Light should have won, but stupid fucking nips can't stand realistic endings so the author pussied out like a little bitch.

>lost like a bitch
The whole point of the second arc was a display of L's superiorty over Light because L recognized himself as capable of failure, and created a back up plan to carry out the case should he fail. It's why Light describes the plots by Near as being chained by L.

>For a smart guy, Light was pretty stupid
Light was an insane ego maniac. Light did an enormous number of dumb things, which had no purpose simply to satisfy his ego. The first of which was instantly deciding the execute Lind L. Taylor on live T.V. While Light created some bullshit excuse about manipulating the investigation from within, the real reason is that he got a giant ego trip hunting himself.

Both of those guys he let die were on death row anyway, speedwatcher.

I always assumed Misa killed herself at the end of death note. Do they show her ontop of a tower in the manga also?

That scene was pretty retard, I don't know why they did it. Away... No, as I said, she starts a cult of Kira Worshippers, she immortalise Light as a God, not exactly the way he wanted to be, but at the end a God.
Pic related.

Aren't you 25-30 by now OP ?
You should've realized Light is the bad guy and him dying in the end is fitting for such a psychopathic power-hungry maniac such as him.

Here, look.

Anyway*

That's not Misa, just some random girl.

Reminder that Light was inferior to L despite defeating him as he had the overwhelming advantage from day one. He knew all the rules of the notebook and constantly used that to his advantage while L had no way of knowing a lot of them.

Fuck, All these years I thought she was Misa, Never doubt it, so never bother looking.
Fuck.

He also exploited Rem's feeling to get L killed. Wouldn't have happened in literally any other cases.

I don't understand why this part was never explored more thoroughly
It's such a huge plot hole and missed opportunity
Kira had access to a huge legion of followers, they could have been used much better

Better question is, does that girl have Shinigami eyes? Her eyes look weird.

Speaking of Misa post Light's death. It always annoys me whenever people talk about her dying post Death Note they talk like her halving her life twice actually means anything in her life span being a lot shorter.
The first halving doesn't matter cause she got all her life she gave to Rem as part of the deal right back ontop of what Rem had gathered up.

[(M + G)/4] + [(M + G)/2 + R]
In fact she only lost 1 fourth of life for two shinigami eye deals and depending on how much life Rem had gathered up she probably ended up with MORE life than before.

Misa's lifespan:
- when that stalker tries to kill her: 0
- Gelus dies for her: Gelus' entire lifespan (G)
- gets eyes for the 1st time: G/2
- gets eyes for the 2nd time: G/4
- Rem dies for her: G/4 + R
L died pretty young, so I'd say Misa had a normal human lifespan at the very least.

Well, duh. If L couldn't find a way to catch Light despite his anonimity and a magic murder weapon, there wouldn't be a story.

Oh yeah. I wasn't taking into account L and Watari's life spans that we know Rem took.
So, around 10 to 20 for the old man and at least 40 for L. Or 20 to 30 if you want his love of sweets to be a downfall.
I can't imagine that one fourth of her life span minus those 30 to 60 years we know for a fact that Rem at least had would be a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.
Still had a life extended well beyond the human range.

>the good guy must win and the bad guy must lose every time
how old are you

He thoroughly reveled in getting to see the realization and horror on victims' faces if the situation allowed the kind of leeway for him to witness it. It's why he admitted he's Kira to the FBI woman before 40 seconds had passed. Makes for some really good tv but it's a part of his arrogance.

This.
Light got cocky cause he killed L and didn't take Near seriously.
No matter what Near did Light didn't see him as anything other than an annoyance not an advisory that needed to be dealt with seriously.
He built L too much in his mind and no one else was a threat to him.

Light Turner's dad never dies in the movie, wtf are you talking about?

Why not just kill off everyone in the high ranks of the government, you'll get a crime reduction by 90% in a day.

Indeed, author-san confirmed it's just a random girl, and said that what probably happened to Misa is that Matsuda told her Light had died a year later and she killed herself.

>Light kills off the entire team after L dies
>L's data transfer giving the names of everyone on the team to Near and Mello happens
>Light is the only person left alive
gee user, I fucking wonder

But L writes his name in the end.

> Gelus' entire lifespan (G)
Where was it ever stated that if a shinigami sacrifices their own life for a human, that human gets that shinigami's remaining lifespan? I always figured that in this situation, Misa's lifespan would change from 0 to the lifespan she would have had if the murder never happened. And in Rem's case, the lifespan Misa would have if she didn't get caught by L because that would mean a death sentence. Afaik only shinigami are capable of gaining life through human deaths, not the other way around.

Ryuk stated himself that in the shinigami world, you get mocked if you write human names in your death note. That likely means that in general, shinigami have such a long lifespan (let's say hundreds or maybe even thousands of years) that they don't need to bother with writing down human names, or at least not that often.

It wouldn't make sense for Misa to gain a lifespan of hundreds of years. Rem wouldn't have been as shocked by her making the eye deal twice either if that was the case.

How do you even track him down?
Light fakes his and Misa's death and they go underground while leading the cult

How would Light even know to go into hiding?

Because it's the smart thing to do

Rem literally says it is the case when she explains to Misa why she gave her Gelus' Death Note.
Rem was just shocked because she cares about Misa and halve is a lot to an immortal creature of death who will out live her anyway and doesn't want to see her die.
That or the writer forgot about that detail of the sacrifice.

> The only people competent enough to suspect the sole survivor of the Kira task force are in the Kira task force
lol

I assumed your second point as well. I doubt that shimigami have lots of years stacked up.

>being a dirty cultist in a sewer is the rightful place for the god of the new world
nah

it'd be stupid to incriminate himself and give up his real name and ability to live as a regular citizen

>Why didn't Light just kill off the rest of the Task Force after his dad died? Not like anybody else would figure it out
Because he is a just God, not evil. They were just wrong, that's not a sin.

>Also why didn't Light tell Mikami to keep a clipping of the notebook with him at all times? Could have easily won since Mikami wouldn't have gone to the bank.
He probably thought he already did that.

His single worst mistake was fucking with Penber and his waifu. That basically told the FBI they were on the right track.

>in a sewer
The guy was charismatic and had supernatural powers, he could create an independent state if he wanted

Couldn't he write "dies in a manner that casts no suspicion on Kira"? Nigga should've better tested the limits of his magical talisman.

It can't control other people whose names are not written.
Suspicion is an action or feeling undertaken by others in response to a death, death itself has no power in that regard.

How about "dies of a heart attack after killing L" or "dies after acquiring Near's real name and telling it to Kira"

Ah, this makes it ok.

No can do, the DN won't recognize Near
Think of it like a program, you need specific instructions, Near isn't accepted
However you can make a guy take a picture of everyone in the room, meaning also Near, and then upload it online
That should work

This.
>Light is meant to be a genius
>Kira is understood by the police to be able to manipulate criminals
>Light uses a criminal to murder the officer observing him

>Dies in a manner that casts no suspicion on Kira
That would almost assuredly cause them all to die of heart attacks.

How about making a guy set off a bomb in a building where Light knows Near will be at the time? There are other variables in that case but if it fails, you can keep sending suicide bombers after targets unless they're completely hidden.

Nope, nobody can die because of a direct action from the DN
Which means that airplane pilots are immortal when on the job
Author fucked up on this part

That's gay as heck

In the final showdown, why didn't Light just schedule everyone's deaths beforehand, so they die once the meeting starts (Except for Near's, since he doesn't know his name), and then just shot Near?

He could have written something like 'At the time of the meeting, [SPK guy] checks Light for weapons, but doesn't find any, then dies of a heart attack', and just killed everyone else from a heart attack.

The main problem was that killing "that guy who may or may not be Near" was easy, but his mere presence after L confirms the idea that L had come from an organization and that sub-Ls could replace him, in groups if necessary. Light needed to be completely sure of winning. In that sense, he may have had it harder than the detectives.

A character can never be smarter than the author.

Because they all had plans in case any of them died. At that point, such measures were obvious, so it's easy to miss it because they mention it briefly.

All the SPK member used fake surnames.

Couldn't Light write something like

>___ suicide bombs the location where the SPK will congregate on $date, leaving Kira unharmed and the rest of those present in permanent comas

Sorry for sperging out, but I've played a lot of D&D so learning how to twist wishes goes back a long way for me.

They would all die at the same time.
He could have written all the names on his way to the meeting, scheduled 5 minutes after the meeting starts. That way, they all die at the same time and the only one left is Near, who you can easily kill since the guys in charge of checking you for weapons have been controlled. Of course, Near could have simply not been an idiot and put off the meeting 24 days just before the meeting started to bait him.

The amount of shit Light could have pulled off to kill the SPK there was pretty much endless, but luckily he decided to be an idiot and have Mikami use a DN he hadn't checked first (The last chapter of the manga suggests Mikami may also have been controlled, but that was 'cheating' by Near's standards, and it doesn't even make sense, since then there would be no reason to create a 100% perfect copy of the DN).

Weren't their faces public before?

Death Note can only harm and kill people's names that are written down. Any controlled actions that will kill another person will default to heart attack death.

>since then there would be no reason to create a 100% perfect copy of the DN).

Well, if he cheated, then Near didn't need to create a 100% perfect copy. He just needed to say he did so he has some kind of excuse.

How about

>____ takes the Shinigami Eyes deal then does anything Kira tells him to until he dies from the time limit

Or

>____ investigates Near's identity as exhaustively as possible and clandestinely sends all the relevant information to Kira

Neither are guaranteed Near-killers, but better than what we actually got.

Why would he even lie about that? His SPK agents would obviously know, since they made the forgery, and no one in the Kira force would have even cared if he killed someone who was confirmed to have the DN... Besides, the DN does look authentic, and we see the pages are actually filled with names. If he was controlled there was no need to do that.

I think only Rester was unknown.
Halle became Takada's bodyguard and appeared in tv, so Mikami could obviously see her real name, and Gevanni too of course.

>then does anything Kira tells him
>sends all the relevant information to Kira

Don't think you can specify other people without their actual names, and if you do include their names, they obviously die.

And even if you can, I don't know if you can control someone to take the eye deal. Once you've written their name down, they're technically already dead, and the eye deal requires half of their lifespan. I'm not sure if it would go through.

naw, light got one of mellow's goons to write down the address of his hideout and mail it to "kira" and it worked.

> Ryuk has over a hundred thousand years stockpiled because of Light
I think we all know who the real winner was.

Just like that one time when he manipulated that criminal to send him a letter with the address of Mello's hideout, Light should have just ordered Mikami to manipulate Gevanni (who was following him) to send him a letter with Near's real name and a video recording of Near's face with a hidden camera.

Why wasn't Misa arrested after Light lost?
He pretty much screamed her involvement when he started crying out for help, and Near and his team didn't seem all that surprised about it either.

Living for so long is boring as fuck.

It isn't addressed to Kira, it's mailed to a certain address attached to a fake name, then Misa picked it up and gave it to light.

The could have been run over by ISIS driver when they were on their way to drink something, so this wouldn't be too suspicious

Wasn't it because she lost her memories about the DN, and never recovered them again? Also there were probably no concrete proofs to incriminate her, Light's confession didn't count since he died and Kira's identity was never publicly revealed. It was like arresting an "innocent".

wrong. light never gained any additional lifetime.

>then does anything Kira tells him to
Light tried something similar. He tried making a criminal write "I know L's identity", and it didn't work.

All deaths caused by the death note give the excess life time to its shinigami. That is literally their food. Light reaped a hell of a harvest for Ryuk.

But Ryuk's personal Death Note is another one. The main one was Sidoh's one, stolen by Ryuk.
In all the years spent with Light he never wrote a name in his own note, only Light's at the end, so he only gained his remaining lifetime.

He could always kill himself by saving a human or killing one without his Death Note.