What does Sup Forums think of Yukio Mishima?

He basically larped as a masculine role model while going out to indulge in faggotry behind his wife's back. Not only this, but he was basically the epitome of 'le wrong generation', trying to act like a most honaraburu samurai to the point where he staged a coup (which he knew would likely fail) just so he could commit seppuku when it collapsed. Don't get me wrong, he was right about rejecting the obsession of academics with abstract pontificating as opposed to action, but the only actions this guy ever took were self-defeating endeavors.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DPAZQ6mhRcU
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm a few pages into Sun and Steel. It's a hard read but I hope its enjoyable. The guy's life story is incredible.

better die free than live as a slave

he was a good writer, i agree very much with his politics and philosophy

also he was right about women, he wasnt gay

youtube.com/watch?v=DPAZQ6mhRcU

he was pretty based

He saw how based Japan was in the fascist and samurai era and couldnt bare to live in the wagecucked work til you die culture of Japan

he knew he coulndt bare it and tried to wake up the sheeple. It was a noble even if futile effort

Sounds like he would fit right in on this website if he were alive today

At least he beleived in something

>better die free

In the sense that he died in the way he desired, the yes. However, he was not free from one thing, his delusional obsessions; it was ultimately his belief that he needed to fulfill some nonsense role of a honorable samurai which led to his death. He knew full well that his coup would fail which he would use as an excuse to commit seppuku. He wrote about stuff like this so much in his work that people decades before were worried that he would inevitably kill himself in the way he did.

That's actually a fair and accurate assessment of Mishima. You get a gold star!

>he wasnt gay

lolwut He was a three-dollar bill.

"Mishima came to view human intimacy as basically sentimental and fatuous - he came to disdain women on grounds that coveting female beauty was a source of spiritual and moral malaise. As when lust for a woman was consummated, it simply led to the imposition of boring, pointless, and dreary obligations and expectations that robbed a man of his youthful and vital ambitions."

He was bisexual and could tell the difference from aestheticism and eroticism

trust me.
The new hydewars is worth the $5

>One night Mishima flew over to America just for sex. He came up and had dinner with me and described quite bluntly what he wanted and asked could I steer him to the right place. I should have been the hospitable hose and taken him on a tour of the gay bars downtown, but I didn’t, and didn’t want to, and really didn’t feel qualified. Maybe I was flat broke or something of the sort. At any rate I took him around the neighborhood, introduced him to anyone we ran into, straight, gay, or in-between. But it was one of those nights. Nothing happened. Nobody around here was interested in “Japan’s greatest novelist.” Even his meticulously expensive suit and tie didn’t impress anyone. Finally, I put him in a taxi and I felt both stupid and remiss that I hadn’t helped a friend in need. His need for a white man that night was very great, and his specifications were detailed. Afterward, it flashed into my mind that Mishima was impotent.

A man so in love with literature and theatre that he could only consider a theatrical death as a proper ending.

Damn, that's depressing.

He was right.
It is a problem that Japan's constitution made by American(GHQ) is contradictory
Even now the Japanese are suffering from it, we don't know what is patriotism

Japanese are different from us.
He was a great Japanese.

He was a cool dude despite all the faggotry and Japanese shit...

>when lust for a woman was consummated, it simply led to the imposition of boring, pointless, and dreary obligations and expectations that robbed a man of his youthful and vital ambitions.

This is only true for two kinds of men:

1) The Gays;
2) The Lazy.

You're right

I think highly of him. I’ve been reading much of him lately. I recommend.

Japanese are actually very nationalist, just in a nonmilitaristic way

He also admired the ancient Greeks, who held a similar view.