Why the hate towards Crunchyroll? I'm genuinely curious, it's been nothing but convenient for me

Why the hate towards Crunchyroll? I'm genuinely curious, it's been nothing but convenient for me.

yeah the horriblesubs torrents are a godsend

Mostly over how it started. They used to steal fansubs, run dodgy ads over them - much like any other run of the mill dodgy streaming site.

Crunchy simply had the audacity to go legit. "riding on the success of fansubs"

As someone putting together a Halloween stream, I just want to note that there is no format that makes it easy to find old releases. I'm having a tough time getting a specific episode of Doraemon, for fuck's sake.

Shit video player.
SJW owners and moderators.
Commie subs.
Ironic weebs are 95% of its userbase
Does not actually support the industry. You're better off importing merchant or even just one volume if you want to support the industry

>$10 have been added to your Crunchyroll™ Premium™ account

I thin the 'supporting the industry' part might have turned around a little bit, with more competition for streaming, i think crunchy is having to offer studios better compensation.

>can watch after a short buffer period
>there are most likely people watching anime right now who spend more time in a buffer than it takes me to download an entire episode

Everyone is just mad about their successful business practices while japanese studios go bankrupt left and right because "muh honor".

Buy a banner and fuck off.

> I'll start a thread like this unironically.

Sup Forums is now kindergarten tier board.

It's called private trackers.

You got an invite?

I signed up for AB and BakaBT when they had open sign ups, so I didn't get an invite.

Below average subs that are just "good enough" for the average animefag.
Still some shows are even worse with complete rewrites.
Bad video quality and typesetting.

fansubs were better.

Because their service is garbage unless you are watching on a PC or your phone, both of which you can use illegal stream sites easily on.

I paid for a month of Crunchyroll one time to marathon FMA:B and One Piece, and every day during peak hours I would get buffering on their shit apps (Xbox, Chromecast) unwatchable

Some fansubs were better. CR is a piece of shit, but they're consistent, and we actually get subs for pretty much everything. All told, I wouldn't go back to the way it was before.

Its pirate history. Then popularity (along with mainstream fanbase). Pay model

Its a pirate 2 legit site, some people hate it for its betrayal. I don't have a particular interest as its been largely a net positive thing.

Its popularity and subsequent mainstream opinions are something I hate mainly because they are the lowest common denominator. Still not much hate, but loathing/dislike.

Pay model. Not much hate here either from me, but some people genuinely believe anime should be free because its "always" been free.

Only main legitimate concern is the popularity and its subsequent catering/amassing of low quality community.

Private anime trackers are shit, at least bakabt is. There's only ONE fucking batch release per show/resolution. Some of the releases they choose are trash and/or incomplete and/or with glitches in some episodes.

Thankfully Animebytes doesn't have that issue. Regardless they offer a great place to get older shows as that user was complaining about.

shit video quality and getting shittier by the season because they are jews, their hordes of PR monkeys do nothing but spend their day crying about muh meanie pirates on twatter even though they stole fansubs and charged for them when they started out, shitty translations by epic memers who think that scriptwriting is clever and witty or who barely understand japanese at n3 level, obnoxious consumer base basically brainwashed to shill

Kadokawa.

Piss poor subs and even with a subscription you can get the same streaming quality and service with ad block and gogoanime if you really need to stream.

>shit subs
>money goes to hiring e-celebs instead of paying studios
>streaming in general

/thread

Somebody needs to add OPM season 2 and the Kemono friends debacle to this list.

not yet. can someone post the list of Daiz' wrongdoings before concluding the thread?

They dare sell streamed shit on Steam.
They could at least have Japanese subtitles to offer something of value for once.

Read the thread.

/thread

pls gib ab invite

what's e-celebs?

Crunchyroll has this thing where they pay """famous "" ""people"" for reaction videos and for reading Wikipedia articles about the studios they should be using the money to pay.

You can watch your torrent after a short buffer period, you just need to download it sequentially and not use a shit format.

Reported, I hope Amazon and Netflix kill these niggers.

>humiliating mitsuhiro ichiki

literally who?

Torrents:
easy to find old releases : check
Easy to find seeders for old releases : fucking no

By trying to assasinate Sup Forums do you mean how they started banning every fucking one on here that slightly went off topic?

If this was the asshole that thought it was a good idea to ban shitposts I will go and fucking kick him in his bald head.

Imagine paying for a product that doesn't support the creators and which quality is inferior to the free version
Imagine being this much of a retarded pleb faggot

I'm glad your kind is unhappy

my bad, I will show myself out

It's like asking why people pirate games/movies/whatever.
Don't bother.

You know pretty well how fucking shit this board was during that week that janitors and mods went full autismo mode.

Sup Forums is best with active moderation, it keeps the third worlders on their shit-covered toes

The "free" version surely supports the creators :^)
Also, how does licencing work

>he doesn't know
Newfag

Sup Forums is objectively more enjoyable with shitposts and you know it faggot, stop being in denial.

Well, since they both don't really support the creators why not go with the better quality and free?

I come to this board for pretentious elitism, not the screeching of literal monkeys.

No, it's the best with a medium amount of moderation. But with board quality getting closer and closer to Sup Forums each day mods decided they needed to pull some shit.

You are clueless. Licensing doesn't help the creators for shit. You don't know how fucking hard is to actually support them. In fact, buying figures is the best thing you can do.

Sage and report garbage threads.

>In fact, buying figures is the best thing you can do.
Sometimes, yeah. The problem is that we have no idea how any given creator or group of creators negotiated their contract.

We have no info regarding the details of agreement between CR and "content creators". But the HAVE TO pay them something to get the show on stream (otherwise the wouldn't let themę it). It could be a one time fee (most likely) or something else. People paying for it show them that there is an incentive to get more licences.
Saying that buying a sub doesn't support creators is stupid.

Donating to Japanese crowdfunding projects is the best way to support them.

I've always thought it's not just Crunchy itself, but the idea of streaming over just downloading your episodes. Most streaming sites have bullshit quality, and Sup Forums mixes those with Crunchy (who, yes, do not have the best quality ever, but at least look decent enough). Added to that is their history of "betraying" anime fans by becoming legit.

As for myself, I use Crunchy because It is just that much easier to use a Chromecast on my TV than watching in a monitor. Hell, I even stream to my TV the episodes I do download.

Probably the guy from the Kokoro Connect incident.

CR fund some anime though
They're a part of production committee of 3 summer anime.

>Can't turn subtitles off on Streaming
But that's wrong.

fansubs > official subs. why?
>it's free
>more faithful to the original japanese script
>keeps in untranslated weeaboo shit for the community to put on a pedestal. all according to keikaku
until you get shit like this because you realize 90% of subbers back in the day were full of shit, google translating, or self-proclaimed "self-taught" pedros trying to look cool on the internet.

not related to the thread but can you give me some tips on doing my own anime stream?
I plan on running a gundam 00 marathon stream starting next week, and as this is my first, I really feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.

>private trackers

:^)

>Have to rely on CR getting good shows now since Amazon/Netflix is a pile of fucking garbage.

I used to use Crunchyroll once in a blue moon back in the day on my phone for when I didn't want to get up and go to the computer because the ads didn't bother me that much. I used it the other day for the same reason after not touching it for many years, I watched one episode of YrYr, there were 4 or 5 ad breaks, the one before the OP had the same ad play back 3 times, the couple in the middle had 6 ads, a lot of which were the same ad playing over again. Crunchyroll can eat my chode.

BakaBT hasn't had an opportunity to join, and AnimeTorrent sucks.

But hey, guys, at least the sakugabooru gets money from crunchyroll. Isn't that good for all you sakugafans?

shit subs and shit video quality, I'd consider subsribing if the service was better quality
I'll just keep pirating and buying a couple blu ray a year for now.

Is this the state of neo-Sup Forums now?

AnimeBytes

We're all in mezzo-Sup Forumsnimerica, hombre.

Literal pirates that became so fucking rich when they were just a leech website, one has to wonder how they went legit at all instead of getting arrested like other e-celebs such a Kim Dot Con who lost his fortune when Megaupload got razed by the FBI (then again he got out and made MEGA and then sold off to the chinese)

Crunchyroll went on record to make 2 million dollars on profit in 2007, shit was so insane that Anime News Network actually wanted to interview them, trying to investigate how a leech website shamelessly stole stuff and were banking that much money from stolen content.

agorism shall win

Sup Forums - Anime & Manga brought to you by Crunchyroll™

It's weird they don't have adds here yet (do they? I don't know with add blockers on), I'm sure Hiroshima would love those shekels, or is Crunchyroll afraid of Sup Forums since its past is known around here.

>Why the hate towards Crunchyroll?
Maybe you are too young to klnow about how Crunchyroll was a leech website just like shit such as KissAnime nowadays, they got big by stealing fansubs, went legit without repercutions and now have successfuly killed fansubs, the very thing that got Shinji (administrator) rich in the first place.

>CR shills shit on pirates despite their site being a pirate site before
>also some CR shills are taking down anime livestreams
fuck CR and anyone who supports them
fucking hypocrites

>Amazon
Double Paywall
>Netflix
Only releases the episodes for the show all at once at the end of the season/beginning of the next season.

Why is this thread still up? Shills aren't allowed here.

>Megavideo
How old is this thing?

>mfw I'm just now finding out that Crunchyroll used to be a pirate site
Now I feel like a fucking newfag, but that's hilarious. I don't know how I avoided that knowledge for this many years here. Can you guys tell me more about their story?

>Streaming
>Ads
who is the retard who put this together? Never seen a single ad in 5 years :^)

Private trackers are a bunch of elites pricks, you should never recommend AB if someone is gunna have to go through the application process to get accepted. If they have invites to bypass human review, go for it, but fuck those elitist.

It obliterated the anime fandom and made it just another arm of American culture.

This chart looks old, as a stream homosexual I must say that
>video and audio has been increasing over time
>you can turn off aubtitles on most streaming players
>it does not longer use flash, since HTML5 was implemented
>you can hide ads with many add-ons or use AdNauseam and make Google lose money at the same time
>limited viewing time
>to clear cache is a good practice and its very easy to do

Posting big tiddied girl to catch attention

And by "it", I mean anime as a whole, not just the fanbase.

>Being so technologically retarded that you don't know what stream compression is

You all know that Daiz™ (now a recognized brand by the United States of America) is saving anime AND manga, just accept. by the way do you guys should add OPM dropped by MadHouse and picked up by JC staff

Enjoy your garbage video player and inferior image quality.