What's up with these last minute High School confessions in anime?

One thing people will likely have picked up on in mainly school based anime, is how characters tend to act as if life ends after high school, and that they'll come to regret anything that they don't do before either they themselves or someone they're close to graduates.

What makes this trope bad is that it usually involves people who hang around with each other outside of school all the time and know where each other live, but yet you'll still see them acting as if somehow they won't be able to see each other again once one of them graduates, so they need to confess everything to each other on the spot. Like, what is this nonsense?

Like yeah, it's not uncommon to lose touch of people after High School, but those people who you lose touch with are usually those you rarely spent much time with outside of school. People who you hung out with outside at school at each others houses and such, you usually still keep in touch with, even if you live in completely different cities, so I really don't understand why this trope is so overused desu.

Does it have something to do with an aspect of Japanese culture which I'm unaware of?

You didn't act like this was the case with you during high school?

You are probably not very familiar with the idea of working. It's the thing where you go and waste your life away. The Japanese famously do so to a degree where they have no free time at all.
Lurk more.

No, because I still hang out with many of my high school friend several years after graduation.

Even when we were separated during our college years we still kept in touch and hung out during the long summer breaks, something which it seems anime characters aren't allowed to do.

Work isn't that bad my man, sure it's draining but you can still hang out with the boys at the pub afterwards and catch the footy together at the weekend.

Kumiko and Asuka will have nothing to do with each other after Asuka's graduation. Kumiko loves her as a teacher and as a fellow member of the orchestra, they have nothing much beyond that going on. So as soon as they're not able to play in the same orchestra any longer there will be no point in seeing each other.

>Japanese adults
>having a social life

As soon as a Japanese person graduates High School they enter the state of a wageslave, quite literally in thier case. Japan isnt like Europe, whether the unions sue the employers ass if you works 5hours overtime a week. You dont leave the office after 40 hours, but its AN HONOR to work more than you have to.

In japan , life ends after High School. After HS you just work and sleep until you drop dead.

What about Japanese college?

Only thing I've seen covering that is Blue Blazes and K-ON College

Then who hires underage prostitutes?

I remember someone in a similar thread to this saying that getting into university is a bitch in Japan, but once in it's basically a playground for adults.

Nobody. Child labor is against the law. The mutually consensual sex act and the financial transaction are completely unrelated.

Also, people in Anime have to loudly confess their love outside of the school in an area visible from the windows and can't simply ask their love interests out on a date.

>Work isn't that bad my man, sure it's draining but you can still hang out with the boys at the pub afterwards and catch the footy together at the weekend.
You're right, it's not that bad if you're not working the 80+ hour Japanese work week.

Adult life in Japan is so bad due to the extreme work culture that they have, that they look back on High School of all fucking places with nostalgia.

It's the opposite in the west, where you couldn't pay people enough money to become a teenager again. As a European High School was complete trash compared to what came afterwards, the freedom I have as an adult is amazing.

should i watch season 2?

I'm pretty sure a lot of Americans miss their high school days too. There isn't as much media about it, but there's plenty of things related to high school made stateside.

That being said Americans are more fond of college and those memories.

Season 2 is too pure for you, satan.

>Americans are more fond of college and those memories.
This is probably true.

That's Golden Time.

Yeah it always gets me too. Like theres nothing after school. This was in so many animes that every time I watch new anime and they progress to this 3rd year of high school I feel like this is gonna end soon and of course there will be this big farewell like it's the last time they will see each other.
Name of anime from pic ?

I haven't seen Octopus anime, who is she declaring to? Post with a pic.

Sound Euphonium Season 2

Thanks, I hoped it to be romance but I see some Drama, music slice of life.

>spoonfeeding

Such a cute ball of fluff