Where did it go wrong? I first noticed a decline in quality with the Won Lei vs Unko Tintin asspull...

Where did it go wrong? I first noticed a decline in quality with the Won Lei vs Unko Tintin asspull, and then it went back to normal until Gash vs Zeon.

It's garbage from the start

Its a great gag manga, but a shit battle manga. More cute, funny slice of life chapters would have greatly improved it.

whenever it stopped being a slice of life/villain of the week and it started being a "super srs" royale

its great all the way down

The very premise set it up to end up being that way, you dunce. That said, it's a pretty nice manga if you approach it with no expectations of being a extremely well-thought-out and meticulously planned epic. Everyone having their own story was a nice touch and added some depth to characters that would have otherwise ended up being flat, (although it meant that a good deal of them were sob stories, even the enemies that were being extremely ruthless and brutal dickheads beforehand)

It didn't take itself too seriously, I mean just what in the fuck was this chapter

I like how Raiku seemed to draw whatever the fuck he wanted (that dream chapter especially). It felt like he had a lot of creative control in the manga's direction.

Gash and Zeon was the best arc

>The very premise set it up to end up being that way, you dunce
Cool? It was still uninteresting

so who won the mc bowl the retard or the idol?

Didn't he also injured his hand?

Best battle shonen right there. Although to be honest the good battles arent that many, but it still wins just because of the characters and their interactions.

Posting best design.

It was perfect and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.
It even coined THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP as a standard mechanic.

Clear Note happened.

Also the whole resolution between Gash and his brother.

I was fine with it up until Kiyomaro's revival. And I'm not even talking about answer talker, which I didn't have a problem with. I just hated how he got like 5 new spells, and now I don't really have a great grip on what they do anymore.

A much bigger problem was the upgraded Baou Zakeruga. Leaving aside how nonsensical Zeon having "the other half" was, destroying Faudo with a huge attack just felt like a complete reversal of what had made that arc so good. That attack is also what forced the massive powercreep that made the clear arc so subpar. And don't even get me started on the forced Brago rivalry. You used up all your heart power making Faudo trip, and now all of a sudden you're stronger than upgraded Gash? Fuck off.

When Zophis was defeated by EARRINGS, Koko was re-brainwashed by her own friend and so-called savior for deus ex and everything beyond that was shitty.

Such a great character design.
Shame the author shit on her so badly without any realization.

I still remember on manga forums where people speculated Zeon/Zeno was his brother and they were called idiots.
Good times.

>Leaving aside how nonsensical Zeon having "the other half" was
gonna reread one day, but I don't think he had a"other half" he just trained to make a spell to compete if not beat baou zakeruga, and it did, the first time.

Posting best girl.

its weird how this series felt like it had romance but looking back, it didn't everybody just went back to thier normal lives.

Posting real best girl. Victoreem

my nigga. damn you guys now im itching to reread/watch zatch bell

it was pretty good though

I have never seen a person so wrong before.
Have I been baited?

I remember thinking Clear's character was dumb, but I still enjoyed the ride.

>Clear's character
literally Kolulu the villain

Never forget the impeccable taste of Sup Forums

Dufaux's story is cheesy as hell but I like him. And Belmont. A fine addition to the Belmonts.

It's only good arc is the faudo arc. After that it goes from boring to ridiculous. Clear who had to be defeated by an asspull (two if you count mega bao) was a mary sue. He was wayyyyyy to hax and just felt out of nowhere. At least zophise and zeon had buildup. Not to mention when he drops the cool dude act and transforms into some 1D villain tier monster. Before that storytime faggot came and polluted the board with his threads the general consensu of gashbell was the same as digimon or shaman king.

It was alright

Noone talked about it in great detail and noone sucked it's dick ferociously like
Mt favorite character was the ice kid. Wish they showed his ultimate attack

Won Lee vs Unko TinTin was the worst the series ever got, a literal joke character took out one of the main cast.

Entire Clear arc was pretty bad, it was so fast there was no time for any characters (especially gash) to show off the results of their training so it sort of feels like asspull spells over and over. But there were many great moments in that arc.

Apart from that I'd say it's a pretty good execution of shounen.

>Clear

Wasnt the guy technically a spell possessing a non-fighter mamodo? That concept was kinda cool but the execution felt a bit lacking. However ill give you that until his defeat he was pretty threatening.

i dont know, the whole plane scene was amazing imo

Filler