J.J. Abrams "Your Name" Adaptation in The Works

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jj-abrams-paramount-team-up-sci-fi-love-story-your-name-1043907

What the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Gyip4bzL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pastebin that shit nigger.

Here faggot
pastebin.com/Gyip4bzL

Its also being written by the fag who did Arrival

>*Insert SJW bullshit here*

And yet we have to wait until the 20's minimum for an adaptation of Macross

I'm pretty sure they already did this premise in western media. Something about a mailbox at a cabin.

Can anime finally die?

not until we get a Code Geass tv series by Amazon

Well, its J.J. Abrams so surely it won't be so awful right?

They want to corrupt everything

Good or bad is not the point.
Abrams types + anime = say goodbye to this culture and what makes it unique

>the 20s are three years from now instead of 80 years ago

This time the "roaring 20s" will be something entirely different.

What, the dude has literally never made a single good movie.

LOST is the best anime of all time, and everything he makes is above good, so I don't know why would anyone worry about it, is a completely different story from Death Notflix.

staring stupid sexy keanu

Can we not.
Can we please just not.

Wait this isn't a joke?

Wait what.
It's not a joke

What the fuck.

Better do well, I've waited too long for my live action Madoka movie.

Great another Sup Forums crossboarder meme.

ALL they have to do is cut out the meteor garbage and make it a rom com of body swapping.

Then it's 10 times better than that forced drama movie

Well, it looks like it's suicide again for me.

>It's real

LOST was the only decent thing he was involved with, and even that eventually turned to shit.

All he does now is plop out the safest, most boring movies possinle. Your Name will be stripped of all It's color and turned into an easily consumable mass market cracker.

>again

eh, armageddon is a guilty pleasure of mine

I don't understand, don't you normally do live action remakes right as the original is being forgotten to renew interest? It only came out like a year ago, what the fuck.

I mean, we're already there though. Sao, SnO,etc anime is mainstream

Just fuck my shit up senpai.

>western take on a gender bender story
>75% chance to be turned into political mouthpiece for transgender activism
>even in the 25% it won't be, it'll still cause a huge transgender controversy
>100% chance to be a feminist mouthpiece where the guy is miserable being a woman and learns a lesson about how women have to face oppression every day of their lives while the woman loves getting to experience all that wonderful male privilege

Just kill me now.

That already happened in the Jaden Smith anime.

>caring about a garbage movie

>JJ Abrams
It will have a diverse and progressive casting, judging by Star Wars and the black star trooper controversy.

WHY WON'T THEY FUCK OFF

Fourth Reich best reich

Talk about lack of artistic integrity.

Ghibli must get offers every month, and it's never happened.

FUCK YOUR NAME

Who FUCKING CARES about western garbage productions

Who are they even planning to sell this to? The anime community routinely snubs pretty much every live action adaptation in favor of the original and overall sales for live action adaptations are always complete crap, even for popular and well-regarded movies with well-known actors like Ghost in the Shell.

Does anyone actually want this?

Abrams was a compotent TV director, but he has no cinematic sensibilities. Why is he getting so much work?

>Jews

Yeah, but are more talented jews with better connections in Hollywood, so why him?

Sup Forums please leave

maybe this will be the final nail in the coffin and hollywood will realize that anime adaptions dont work?
who am I kidding theres no fucking chance of that happening

You will when Sup Forums comes.

Because he makes money without generating controversy.

>yfw you realize Shinkai was the one to allow this

Why are journalists such retards

Brazil did it a while ago
It's called "Se eu fosse vocĂȘ"

It will tank just like the rest of the shitty adaptions. The west should leave Japan to anime/video games, they are far fucking better than everyone else combined. Has there been a single good or very successful western anime adaption in the last 10 years?

Edge of tomorrow

Keit-ai has gone too far this time.

Nice we have literally one (1)!

Nice boogeyman.

They just glanced the plot synopsis on wikipedia, cut 'em some slack

I just answered your question man, I hate all this shit too.

IT
HASN'T
EVEN
BEEN
A
YEAR
FUCK
OFF
KIKES

Nice
Will Taki be a nigger? Where in america will they find a big lake? Mississippi?

I wasn't shit talking you I was agreeing with you. They keep throwing darts on a board and releasing garbage and hoping it sticks.
They will both be gay black jews.

>What is Rob Schneider 's The Hot Chick

This is exactly why we can never have nice things.

Ruining two other franchises wasn't enough, right?

Why is this allowed?

we comin' for your anne mays nerds

how can this be stopped

Ugh. I'm sure they'd butcher that near as bad as GitS suffered from Hollywood raping it.

You couldn't even make a good version of Death Note, probably the easiest thing in the world to adapt. Dumb kike.

I can't wait for the inevitable black female and illegal immigrant male characters and their story of love that began amidst a Black Lives Matter protest

They're spoiling the damn twist of the movie.

>Live action keit-ai
We did it boys

They don't know that's the twist, the dumb kikes never watched it.

>sci-fi-love-story-your-name-1043907

Will they be Asian characters? Or will it be set in L.A. with a black couple?

You know the answer to that.

Black male and white female couple*

>black couple?
What era are you from? It'll be BMWF

Luckily the US has a bunch of big ass lakes, I think they're called the "Grand Lakes."

Why are they doing this? Who even asked for this? Can't they just leave us alone? What did we do to deserve this shit? Release me form this hell right now.

>Taki will be black
>Mitsuha will be trans muslim otherkin

Don't forget the adaptation-original straight white male villain.

It is going to be hilarious, can't wait for the sexism+whitewashing+transphobia backlash.

>to save the town, they need to persuade Trump to take climate change seriously

I wanna slap Shinkai for this then go kick the fucking cunts of whoever decided this shit should be made. I really like Kimi no Na wa and I can at least see it getting even further attention after the abortion of an adaptation flusters weebs so bad that they may never recover. Copies of this bastardized adaptation will be burned in piles as rabid weeaboo Gestapo raid homes in search of every trace of shittily adapted animu. Heads will roll, guts will fly, and no amount of masturHATEion for CoMix will be spared. Shinkai's effigy will be burned worldwide and I will completely understand it.

As good as it is I still prefer AYNiK for its bittersweet ending though.

I thought Hollywood would've learned their lesson from DB:E. Will they just not stop until Japan is completely americanized?

You can practically hear the hand-rubbing in that last paragraph.

>JewJew Abrams

10 Cloverfield Lane was tight

Japanese fans are worried about black-washing or Chinese-washing
Gorgeous white actors - We love them
Ugly white actors - What the fuck
Black actors - Here you go again
Chinese actors - Star Japanese actors!

That's all

You expect Hollywood to learn? The industry that gave us THE EMOJI MOVIE

>it's real

>check faggot name
>JEWISH
they really want another holocost dont they

I'm fucking pissed, this western adaptation live action film will fucking taint the image of "your name" for a long time cause it has jewjew abrams working on it. Its definitely going to be filled with SJW politics cause of the bodyswitching. I can see this being another netflix death note situation but on a bigger scale.

The anime industry produces tons of crap too, dude.

Well it can't be any worse than the actual movie

Good point. But hey, why learn from your mistakes if you can brainwash the masses anyways?

>Meet Abby Cohen. She's just your average university student trying to make her dreams come true.
>Meet Jamaal King. A single dad trying his best to make do in a world that's always pushing him down.
>Until one day...

Anymore reactions from them?

>while fucking his 99th white woman this week, Jamaal wonders what it would be like to be a white woman.
>Abby, an avid supporter of BLM and fights against the oppression of POCs, wishes she too can share the pain with the poor poor blacks.
>They both wake up, and realized that thought had come true!
>*some katie perry song starts playing during their montage freakout and trying to cope with being bodyswitched

>Beyonce's "If I Were a Boy" starts playing.