5 episodes into the first season and I am falling asleep because of how unengaging this is...

5 episodes into the first season and I am falling asleep because of how unengaging this is. The jokes and comedy are bad, the art is generic as hell and the folklore fairly lackluster for the most part. What exactly is the appeal of this show? Does this get any better with time? I mean Ive accepted that the art will probably never be interesting enough to watch, but are the storylines at least improving or does it forever stay at the level of the first episodes of season 1? And no, before someone goes there: I dont have a problem with slow shows or suffer from ADHD.

The manga's better.

Not your type of show I guess

I thought it was a little boring and lacklust at first too. It comes into its own though. Don't regret sticking with it at all.

You just don't have a soul OP, you need to have a soul to enjoy Natsume

if you didn't like the very first episode the show has nothing to offer you

Shame to hear. I thought this would fill a day of time, but it appears that it simply isnt for me then, I guess.

>I am falling asleep because of how engaging this is
This. It's the same shit as Mushishit.

Thats the thing. Mushishi is one of my favourite shows. So are slower paced character driven ones like Hyouge Mono, C/BotS and Legend of the Galactic Heroes, so I was expecting to love this, but its so much less interesting. I think it might be the setting and the lackluster art.

I disagree

Go back to naruto

I want to fug Touko.

Ghost living in a three is fine to.

The anime is prime comfy material though.

I watched all 6 seasons, it's literally same shit with virtually 0 plot development. What a shame, it had potential to be good.

Its about the connections between people and youkai, painted in a very comfy, sometimes melancholic light. Its one of the gentle, yet heavy-hitting shows.
If you don't find that interesting, then maybe its just not the show for you.

>plotfags

i kind of agree in a way, the atmosphere lacks some of the magic of mushishi. but the modern setting has its own ups, but it does feel like its lacking a little in that department compared to some of its peers. for me i still really like it but i havent finished it, hard to say why cause i think positively of the show but i'd guess it's probably that.

> i get 8 episodes in
>tell my girlfriend she might like it
>she makes me finish season 1
>she finishes all season
>she broke up with me because i didn't watch the other season, what

What does the manga do better?

I bet you hate Molester man as well

Your gf did the right thing

>5 episodes
>Still haven't figured out the whole point of the show is just bishounen voiced by Kamiya and fujo pandering

>If you didn't enjoy this show that I liked, then you're a shounenshitter
Woah.

Can't like everything. Just watch something else. You should never force yourself to watch an anime. I personally love Natsume Yuujinchou, but I would never recommend getting into a show that long if you're genuinely not enjoying it.