Why the fuck do anime characters have such a low tolerance for alcohol

why the fuck do anime characters have such a low tolerance for alcohol
>inb4 PUHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_flush_reaction
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rephrase your question like an adult and you'll get an answer.

Many East Asian populations have a low capacity for alcohol tolerance.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_flush_reaction

weirdly some sub populations have a remarkably high tolerance.

PUHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>weirdly some sub populations have a remarkably high tolerance.
They're sub-humans for a reason.

but she doesn't drink alcohol.
kawakami water is nonalcoholic drink!

A lot of them are tiny Japanese women. East asians can't handle alcohol as well as Europeans, women need less alcohol to become intoxicated across the board and the smaller you are the quicker you'll get drunk.

Not all of them do

I am an adult East Asian male and I can only tolerate one beer. At three, I'm at risk of vomiting. Pretty sure I not only have the shitty Asian flush gene but a pair of them that makes it twice as shitty. Well at least I can consume large amounts of dairy. Dairy > alcohol

I wish I was you
>tfw have to consume about half 375ml of liquor before I finally start getting drunk
So much money, so little fun. The heartburn sucks too.

It's pretty well known that asian people have unfortunately for them avaragely a low alcohol tolerance due to them often missing an important gene in their genetic setup. People normally have a set of enzyms that helps breaking down alcohol and eventually getting it out of the blood stream.

Because of the missing enzyms, their faces often blush up way more quickly too. (a sign of alcohol poisoning.)

Asians are bad with alcohol by default.
Also, it's a easy hook to make characters tell things that they normally wouldn't or act like their true selves without making the character look like an alcoholic.

It's not great around alcoholic retards that insist everyone take the same number of shots.

I don't understand where this "asians can't hold their alcohol" meme comes from. Me and a bunch of guys I know can handle our drinks pretty well. Although I do agree that women in general are lightweight as shit.

shut the fuck up loser

I never actually looked into it, but everytime this topic is mentioned people talk about something genetic. It's not like ALL asians are going to be lightweights, but on average, they are worse with drinks than euros/americans.

Because every anime character is like barely 50kg?

Because Asians really can't deal with alcohol that good. It's why their native american cousins were so easily duped by colonists. Just give them truckloads of vodka and steal their shit while they're passed out, then take the rest of it once they've become alcoholics.

They can be allergic too, some asians turn lobster red whenever they drink. It's a genetic thing afaik.

I'm also an adult East Asian male but my genes are unaffected by whatever genetic factor determines this. So my alcohol tolerance can keep up with westerners. During an alcoholic period in my life i drank whiskey and everclear just to feel a buzz. Like 1/2 a 1.75L bottle of whiskey a day for several months, close to 1/3 of a 1.75L bottle of everclear (pure alcohol) during the worst times, in addition to beers and cigarettes with friends. And i still held my full time job and drove my car and tended to my daily life the entire time.

So as you said it's probably not a terrible loss if you have a low tolerance.

I'm an eastern european male and my goal is to drink a gallon of sake to impress japanese clochard cuties

Japaneses can't handle a drink. Ever seen a drunk salaryman? They're retarded as fuck. Even more when there's a bunch of them.

iirc, there are two ways to metabolize the ethanal that's produced when your body deals with alcohol. one is slow, one is fast. Asians generally don't have the fast one, which fucks them up

Their traditional drinks have a relatively low to medium-ish alcoholic content and tend to be drunk in small portions, while foreign drinks tend to be more alcoholic and are drunk in bigger portions.

Compare a mug of beer or a glass of wine to a normal serving of sake.

Because Japs DO have low alcohol tolerance.
As opposed to the Koreans, who literally have the highest alcohol tolerance in the world for some reason.

>be Korean
>get drunk off of one pint of double IPA
Yeah. High tolerance alright.

You're kidding right? Koreans can't handle real liquor just like all other Asians, they can only drink piss-thin Asian wine.

>t. never been to south korea
You have no fucking idea.

From what I can tell, most asians never developed genetic alcohol tolerance due to not having a history of drinking it early on.

I was born and raised in Korea.

North Korea doesn't count user.

You don't realize how much stuff has dairy in it until you can't eat it. It's fucking hell.
The you run out of lactaid caplets and think "Oh one donut won't hurt" and then you shit yourself to death an hour later.

>posts the one character in the series that CAN hold their liquor

What did he mean by this?

>stationed in Korea
>decide to go out drinking with the KN's
>youngest one of them is 54
>oldest soldier is 25
>6 hours, an Indian restaurant, 3 bars, and a Yakuza owned karaoke joint later, 2 of the soldiers are still awake and all of the KN's are still okay
I guess it all just depends.