/gg/ - Gnosis General

Gnosticism is a word to sum up the beliefs of certain early Christians and pre-Christian people who taught the world is controlled by evil forces, head of them “God” aka the demiurge. This thread is for the discussion of such thoughts.
>Nag Hammadi Library
>Bruce Codex
>Naassenes
>Ophites
>Sethites
>Valentinians

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kek_(mythology)&diff=prev&oldid=748251358
near-death.com/reincarnation/history/early-christianity.html#a04
thegreatcoursesplus.com/gnosticism-from-nag-hammadi-to-the-gospel-of-judas
youtu.be/wOzQnDRIp7s
gospel-thomas.net/noman.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Very good source: “Nag Hammadi library” book as pdf file to be found online

can i get a quick rundown?

Bumping for truth. Gnosticism is the true religion. All modern Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the demi-urge, most through subversion, but their leadership does so knowingly.

>Demiurge head of archons
>archons responsible for arguably everything in this world related to suffering and matter
>real god has emanated several other aeons in the pleroma, arguably nobody knows for sure
>matter is evil and entraps our spirits in darkness
>ancient groups who discovered this were hunted down everywhere they were found

There are also man deans who are the only surviving gnostic group, who don’t accept converts though, so fuck em

I'll add:
>the True God has sent emissaries of light to us repeatedly, to show us how to escape the Black Cube (material world)
>Jesus was an emissary to the Hebrews
>Buddha was an emissary to the Hindus
>Zoroaster was an emissary to the Persians
>Kek is an emissary to us
>these emissaries bear the title "Lightbringer"

Just a gay heretic sect from the early ADs.
Don't waste your time with this shit.

Nobody knows if Buddha is really sent by him, although it is likely
Also lightbringer links them to Lucifer who is also called Satan the lord of this world, source for this designation?

Sources? The templars are also a “gay heretic sect” if you believe the Vatican

Lucifer has nothing to do with 'Satan'. 'Satan' is just a Hebrew word or title meaning adversary, opponent, accuser, or enemy. Therefore, the being designated by the TITLE 'Satan' changes based on who is speaking. To the the servants of Yaldabaoth, the Jews, Jesus is Satan. To a follower of Jesus, Yahweh is Satan.

Lucifer is also just a title meaning lightbearer or lightbringer. The title is applied to varies beings, including Jesus, in the bible. The idea that there is a monolithic evil entity with the NAMES Satan and Lucifer is false, and is the result of intentionally-(((subverted))) Christian fiction and mythology. Specifically, that identification traces back to the NOVEL Paradise Lost, and has NO sciptural basis. You can verify this yourself easily.

It's fucking late dude.
I ain't debating shit with the likes of you
I came here to troll and have a laugh before I go to bed.
My wine is almost to the end now.
So you can masturbate to your *true G'd* who'll eventually release you from the "material imprisonment" even though it doesn't make sense that God would get swindled by "betrayal siddhas" into letting his own creation fall into material decadence.

Paradise lost? The 17th century novel?

You don't understand the position you're trying to refute. The demiurge is the creator of the material world, not the True God. And the demiurge trapped our souls or divine sparks, which come from the True God's realm, here in the material world.

I thought it was earlier than that, but yes. Much of what Christians believe can be traced to that novel, instead of actual scripture. So far as I can tell, it's the origin of the name 'Lucifer' (which as I said is not a name but a title) being attached to a fallen angel amidst a war in heaven.

Lucifer is just a title, NOT a name. Satan is just a title, NOT a name. Research this for yourself. It can be easily verified in 5 minutes or less. Start just by looking at a list of the occurrences of the words Satan and Lucifer in the bible. You will easily see that the words are applied to multiple and various beings, some good and some evil. As I said, popular culture has been intentionally subverted by the Jews to disguise these FACTS. Kek also bore the title Lightbringer, though in Egyptian instead of latin. Here's proof:

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kek_(mythology)&diff=prev&oldid=748251358

As you can see, the title was (((edited out))) around Trump's election when Kek was really gaining steam.

wait so why does lucifer mean "light bringer"?

WOW, interesting! This novel for example invented the idea of hell and heaven being below and above us.
You speak the truth American.

Better put this on /his/ or /x/ or it may descend into a discussion on how Gnosticism is a philosophy of nationalist Aryan values.

Not that I believe in Egyptian mythology but good info

Aren’t those two just reddit with a spin?

k nvm

well yeah /his/ has a bit more tankies/commies and /x/ has more schizos, but they're both basically reddit

That's literally the meaning of the term in latin. It's just what the words mean. But if you're asking why I applied that title to Jesus and others, I'll try to explain.

Our conscience is our INNER LIGHT. It is how we know the difference between good and evil. It is our connection to the TRUE GOD, who is above Yahweh, the demiurge. The conscience is often associated with the pineal gland, which is a PHOTOSENSITIVE gland in the middle of the brain. In other words, it can detect LIGHT, despite never being exposed to it. It was most famously associated with this gland by Rene Descartes, who you might know as the origin of the phrase 'cogito ergo sum', or "I think, therefore I am".

The origin of our conscience is the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, either literally or symbolically. It was Jesus who induced Adam to eat that fruit, thus Jesus is the origin of our INNER LIGHT or conscience. Thus, he is the lightbringer. This claim is presented explicitly in the 3rd-4th century book the Apocryphon of John, a text intended only for initiated gnostics that was nearly wiped out completely by Catholics, and only recovered relatively recently.

It does, and the “final war in heaven” is from revelations, a book that was meant as an allegory and not literally
Example 666 stands for neron Caesar and 616 for Nero caesar

Don't know about /x/ although it's probably the best board for it but /his/ is more like where stormtards complain about getting pwned, can't be more detrimental than rampant stormfaggery.

You are correct.
The world is controlled by ancient famillies that descend from the archons who were also trapped on the material world two upper entities clashed in order to decide how the human race would ascend to the upper planes,

/x/ is just containment board for over the top conspiracy shit and sorcery and faggy esoteric woo

False.

My personal belief is that the True God has sent emissaries to most major cultures to show each of them how to escape the cycle of rebirth here. It is described to each culture in that culture's language and with a context they can understand, but the core teaching is the same. For example, imitating the life of Jesus and walking the eightfold path are the same thing. As are gnosis/moksha/nirvana/heaven. Just different words for the same thing, just as each language calls a 'chair' something different.

You wanna see real mod rigidity try heading over to infinite chan.

>/x/ is just containment board for over the top conspiracy shit and sorcery and faggy ESOTERIC woo
I guess but wouldn't that stuff be kind of relative.

It's true. Weather you believe it or not isn't my problem though.

Possible of course, but falsehood reigns in this world, don’t forget that. Even when we look for gnostic truth we encounter/uncover mountains of lies.

Budha was to Budhists, Krishna was sent to Hindus.

I think the most compelling reason to believe the gnostics were right is the enormous lengths went to completely eradicate in the most brutal way possible all remnants of a nonviolent, non interventionist pacifist movement. The knowledge they had terrified those running the world at the time. You could be killed just for seeing a gnostic text and certainly for having a copy.

>take favorite flavor of Neoplatonism/hermeticism
>shoehorn Jesus into it
>"Christianity is false guys, gnosis is truth."
>Doesn't tell anybody that the eponymous knowledge is a serious of passwords to get passed planetary archons into hyperuranian heaven in the afterlife

There's no denying what you've said. But do you think the True God would leave entire cultures without access to knowledge of the path to liberation, for thousands of years? Seems unlikely to me.

>Budha was to Budhists, Krishna was sent to Hindus.
This is completely nonsensical. There was no Buddhism before Buddha. Buddha was sent to a culture of Hindus to correct the errors their 'sages' were teaching.

But I agree with the rest of what you said.

>ophites
That’s fucking faggy, should have not mentioned them in this thread

Also to add, the closest thing to God for humanity is Sophia. Sophia is the soul/essence of our planet, the living energy directing life on our planet, we are energy beings connected to and part of Sophia.

Nonsense. Sophia is the female, wisdom. But god the father is identified with the monad, not with Sophia. She is the caring mother, don’t make a goddess-cult out of this.

she is the Holy Spirit or comparable to it

what do gnostics think of death?
is death the true god's way of saying fuck you to the demiurge, who tried to create order out of chaos?
is the true god chaos?
is death the alpha and the omega?
these are all conclusions i came to when coming down from ego death while on mescaline.
any books you guys can recommend?

“The Nag Hammadi library” you can even get it for free, pdf
Death is the way out if you found gnosis in life, the secret book of John mentions that un-enlightened people will be liberated in the afterlife.

Names for the demi-urge include Saturn and Cronos. Cronos meaning time, the cause of a mortal's death, and thus he is the god of death as well.

Our souls are eternal and come from the world of forms or ideas, but our bodies are temporary and come from the material world. They are prisons for the soul. At death, if our soul has failed to realize the illusory nature of the material world, if it still CLINGS to this world, it is reborn here in another body with no memory, bound until it realizes these things and ceases clinging. When it does achieve gnosis/moksha/nirvana/heaven, it is liberated and returns to the world it came from, above the demi-urge. The realm of the True God.

Where you got this from, are you taking this from Buddhism? The secret book of John contradicts this by saying some humans will find gnosis after death.

Reincarnation was a fundamental teaching of the early gnostics. If you know a specific passage in the Secret Book of John that you think contradicts this, please post it.

John of Zebedee talking with Jesus: And I said, "Lord, those, however, who have not known to whom they belong, where will their souls be?" And he said to me, "In those, the despicable spirit has gained strength when they went astray. And he burdens the soul and draws it to the works of evil, and he casts it down into forgetfulness. And after it comes out of (the body), it is handed over to the authorities, who came into being through the archon, and they bind it with chains and cast it into prison, and consort with it until it is liberated from the forgetfulness and acquires knowledge. And if thus it becomes perfect, it is saved."

What is the gnostic way of achieving enlightenment?
What methods do they teach?
Did they use psychedelics?

Also cite your source for earthly rebirth please

If you ask me, the chances for us today to achieve gnosis are slim, because many texts have been lost. But, after death, is another question.
Psychedelics are catalysts for the supernatural. Use them a few times if you want but if that doesn’t work don’t go on.

i'll definitely look into it.
thanks

The prison described is the body. The liberation described is exactly what I stated. Your quote supports what I've said.

Here's a good explanation, even drawing from the Apocryphon of John:
near-death.com/reincarnation/history/early-christianity.html#a04
As I said, it's a fundamental teaching of gnosticism.

Gnosis means knowledge. So according to gnostics there is specific knowledge that will lead to liberation, but what this knowledge is is no longer known and may have varied between sects.

I tend to think that what is required is to recognize the difference between the higher and lower self, to recognize the nature of this world as a prison, to consciously choose to feed the higher self, and then the path to liberation is living here while feeding your highest self.

Many ancient people’s, including Hebrews, used drugs for spiritual purposes.

thegreatcoursesplus.com/gnosticism-from-nag-hammadi-to-the-gospel-of-judas

>to recognize the nature of this world as a prison, to consciously choose to feed the higher self, and then the path to liberation is living here while feeding your highest self.
this is pretty correct

Thanks for the info. Yes even Kabbalah teaches reincarnation and they probably took it from Gnostics.

What does this say? Can you sum up the things we didn’t talk about yet itt?

Abraxas is the one true God, being the union of all opposites of existence. Similar to the Yin Yang of Taoism. Ienjoyed the seven sermons to the dead. Can we chat about Abraxas now?

Give me some intel, sources, something.

It's evil. These people put light and dark, truth and falsehood, good and evil on the same level. It's anti-gnostic, as they do not recognize falsehood and evil as lesser and corrupted.

A more rational evaluation would be to consider what has been said about the Romans being strongly opposed to superstition which is said to be the reason why they were initially so opposed to Christians. It should be considered that the faction which gained imperial approval was a more reactionist and literalist faction. Even after they achieved the expulsion of Gnostics it then became a battle to outdo eachother in visible piety through the formulation of doctrine and creeds.

For all the flack the Alexandrian texts get namely from KJOers it should be taken into account that the Nag Hammadi texts were found hidden away to begin with which shows the circumstances of the time in which there would be a need to do so and some of the most ardent opponents of Gnosticism have been Alexandrians.

Who is abrasax even?

I think it's another name for Baphomet. Evil devil-worshiping crap.

Is there a Gnosticism book chart? I need to know some good titles.

The best intel you get from the sources directly, written by the ancient masters

On a side note who is baphomet? Some guy invented by the templars? He is similar to Satan but there’s sources claiming he is hermetic

I understand that, but I'm curious which translations or collections are recommended.

youtu.be/wOzQnDRIp7s

Remember Sup Forums, Gnostics are a Jewish inversion of Neo-Platonism.

>Anti-Life

>Anti-Nature

>Anti-Material

>Anti-Reality

>Anti-Demiurge

>A Jewish-Christian perversion of Plato and Pythagorean teachings

PART 1

"Gnosticism refers to a collection of religious groups originating in Jewish religiosity in Alexandria in the first few centuries CE.[1] Neoplatonism was a school of Hellenistic philosophy that took shape in the 3rd century, based on the teachings of Plato and some of his early followers. While Gnosticism was influenced by Middle Platonism, neo-Platonists from the third century onward rejected Gnosticism. Gnosticism originated in the late first century CE in nonrabbinical Jewish sects and early Christian sects,[2][3] and many of the Nag Hammadi texts make reference to Judaism, in some cases with a violent rejection of the Jewish God."

"Sethianism may have started as a pre-Christian tradition, possibly a syncretic Hebrew[4] Mediterranean baptismal movement from the Jordan Valley, with Babylonian and Egyptian pagan elements, and elements from Hellenic philosophy. Both Sethian Gnostics and the Valentinian Gnostics incorporated elements of Christianity and Hellenic philosophy as it grew, including elements from Plato, Middle Platonism and Neo-Pythagoreanism."

"In the third century CE both Christianity and neo-Platonism reject and turn against Gnosticism, with neo-Platonists as Plotinus, Porphyry and Amelius attacking the Sethians. John D. Turner believes that this double attack led to Sethianism fragmentation into numerous smaller groups (Audians, Borborites, Archontics and perhaps Phibionites, Stratiotici, and Secundians).

Read every codex and scripture you can get your hands on, in these matters you want to be sure. Then read about what groups existed and what scriptures they used, you will stumble upon all the groups that we know of. Watch out when you read the biased sources since they were mostly orthodox church fathers.

I do not personally believe the charge that the Templars worshiped Baphomet. I think they were secret gnostics, bearers of the true teachings, and were smeared and destroyed by the Catholic church intentionally for this reason. Can't trust anything catholics say - they're all self-confessed cannibal-vampires and have spent millennia burning gnostics and their teachings. They'd still do it today to us if they had the influence.

It's the pedophile elites who actually worship Baphomet. As I understand the concept, it's the unification of opposites as described by the demiurge worshiper above. Male and female, good and evil, etc etc. Associated with Aleister Crowley and all the devil worshiping elites today.

And since that Abraxas guy posted I learned that the term was originally used to refer to the Chief Archon (the demiurge). So, as stated, he's a devil-worshiper.

PART 2

Plotinus considered his Gnostic opponents "heretics", "imbeciles" and "blasphemers" erroneously arriving at misotheism as the solution to the problem of evil, taking all their truths over from Plato. Plotinus' main objection to the Gnostic teachings he encountered was to their rejection of the goodness of the demiurge and of the material world. He attacked the Gnostics for their vilification of Plato's ontology of the universe as contained in the Timaeus. Plotinus accused Gnosticism of vilifying the demiurge or craftsman that shaped the material world, and so ultimately for perceiving the material world as evil, or as a prison. Plotinus set forth that the demiurge is the nous (as an emanation of the One), which is the ordering principle or mind, also reason. Plotinus was critical of the gnostic derivation of the Demiurge from Wisdom as Sophia, the anthropomorphic personification of wisdom as a feminine spirit deity not unlike the goddess Athena or the Christian Holy Spirit. These objections seem applicable to some of the Nag Hammadi texts, although others such as the Valentinians, or the Tripartite Tractate, appear to insist on the goodness of the world and the Demiurge."

False.
Modern Judaism evolved from Pharisaic Jews - the synagogue of Satan.

>Remember Sup Forums, Gnostics are a Jewish inversion of Neo-Platonism.
>>Anti-Life
>>Anti-Nature
>>Anti-Material
>>Anti-Reality
>>Anti-Demiurge
>>A Jewish-Christian perversion of Plato and Pythagorean teachings
>PART 1
>"Gnosticism refers to a collection of religious groups originating in Jewish religiosity in Alexandria in the first few centuries CE.[1] Neoplatonism was a school of Hellenistic philosophy that took shape in the 3rd century, based on the teachings of Plato and some of his early followers. While Gnosticism was influenced by Middle Platonism, neo-Platonists from the third century onward rejected Gnosticism. Gnosticism originated in the late first century CE in nonrabbinical Jewish sects and early Christian sects,[2][3] and many of the Nag Hammadi texts make reference to Judaism, in some cases with a violent rejection of the Jewish God."
>"Sethianism may have started as a pre-Christian tradition, possibly a syncretic Hebrew[4] Mediterranean baptismal movement from the Jordan Valley, with Babylonian and Egyptian pagan elements, and elements from Hellenic philosophy. Both Sethian Gnostics and the Valentinian Gnostics incorporated elements of Christianity and Hellenic philosophy as it grew, including elements from Plato, Middle Platonism and Neo-Pythagoreanism."
>"In the third century CE both Christianity and neo-Platonism reject and turn against Gnosticism, with neo-Platonists as Plotinus, Porphyry and Amelius attacking the Sethians. John D. Turner believes that this double attack led to Sethianism fragmentation into numerous smaller groups (Audians, Borborites, Archontics and perhaps Phibionites, Stratiotici, and Secundians).

>PART 2
>Plotinus considered his Gnostic opponents "heretics", "imbeciles" and "blasphemers" erroneously arriving at misotheism as the solution to the problem of evil, taking all their truths over from Plato. Plotinus' main objection to the Gnostic teachings he encountered was to their rejection of the goodness of the demiurge and of the material world. He attacked the Gnostics for their vilification of Plato's ontology of the universe as contained in the Timaeus. Plotinus accused Gnosticism of vilifying the demiurge or craftsman that shaped the material world, and so ultimately for perceiving the material world as evil, or as a prison. Plotinus set forth that the demiurge is the nous (as an emanation of the One), which is the ordering principle or mind, also reason. Plotinus was critical of the gnostic derivation of the Demiurge from Wisdom as Sophia, the anthropomorphic personification of wisdom as a feminine spirit deity not unlike the goddess Athena or the Christian Holy Spirit. These objections seem applicable to some of the Nag Hammadi texts, although others such as the Valentinians, or the Tripartite Tractate, appear to insist on the goodness of the world and the Demiurge."

Okay, thanks for clearing that up and saving me time.

(((They're))) here...

The Utopia promised was taken away. This is the result of an eternal being. The acts of inhumanity and soullessness will be over in due time. The end game remains the same and just shall rule once more. Remaining optimistic is the key to tomorrow being ours.

Have a look at this article and see why older publications like the first edition of the Nag Hammadi Library edited by James Robinson might be better. The more recent version has its perks but overall is a less authentic translation in my opinion. Plus most of its translations are available on gnosis.org or Sacred Texts though the other edition is easily found for free download also.
gospel-thomas.net/noman.htm

The gospel of Thomas is one of the best works. Does someone know what is meant by Jesus “making Maria of magdala male”

>Modern Judaism

Moses books appear AFTER 300BC, not before.

JUDIASM = post Christian Rome. There was no Judah-ism before the Romans started colleting scrolls and created the Old Testement. No Torah. No Tanaka. Just random scrolls and 5 books of moses.

HEBREW = "nomads". They were nomadic groups under Persian Zoroastrian rule when the first scrolls appear.

PHARASIES =PARSIS

SYNAGOG OF SATAN = church of advesary (Rome). Pharasies were in the pocket of Rome. Jesus was a Zealot (Zionist).

DAILY REMINDER:

ALL GNOSTIC, BLACK SUN threads are created by a Jewish tranny from Canada named Smiley who runs a board on 8ch. He's insane. He jumps IPs. He talks to himself to fake conversations in the thread.

Every thread
>Serrano
>Jung
>gnostics
Sometimes he's a Satanist. Sometimes he's a Christian. He is ALWAYS wrong about everything because he's insane and has an agenda. He cannot learn. He will not change. He lives with his wealthy parents.

>we didn’t find books of Moses older than 300 bc
>that means they were written 300 bc
Lmao, fuck outta here.

Massive disinfo
Anyone in this thread, do you know about this smiley guy? Is he in this thread?

Gnosticism and the Black Sun aren't related at all. The Black Sun is an Aryanized symbol for Saturn/the Demiurge. Bodhi Mantra, who is always pushing it here, is trying to convince Sup Forums to worship the demi-urge, subverting us just like Christians and Muslims have been subverted.

Always the Synagogue of Satan is trying to subvert other groups to Saturn worship. Take the Black Cube of Saturn at the Kaaba. Take the unfolded Cube of Saturn upon which Jesus is crucified, worshiped by 'Christians'.

Gnosticism and Black Sun are opposed to each other and you're supremely ignorant.

There is ZERO HISTORY FOR:

Israel

Moses

Hebrew Kingdoms

Wealthy Israelite kingdoms

NO
>buildings
>scrolls
>coins
>artifacts

DID NOT EXIST!

The myth was invented after Greece overthrew Persian Zoroastrians by tribes looking for independence. Hence the first books appear from oral myths of YWHW he volcano deity, and El the sky deity around 300BCE.

These 5 books of Moses include:
Zoroastrian myths
Babylonian myths
Egyptian falsified history as Egypt owned the region before Babylonians and still had buildings left behind.

Juda-ism appears after Christian Rome collects the scrolls and created the Old Testement.

THERE WAS NO SINGLE TORAH or TANAKA before Christian Rome started putting scrolls together to support the Messianic mythos.

Pretty sure he's talking about Bodhi Mantra, a Black-Sun-pushing asshole that shills his shitty YouTube channel in pretty much every religious thread. It's not just gnostic threads, he goes into every religious or nazi thread. As I described above he's trying to subvert Sup Forums into worshiping the demiurge. He's literally schizophrenic and very easy to recognize.

Matter isn't evil; it's just a lower form of existence.
You are essentially calling childhood evil because it's lower than adulthood.

this.

Bodhi mantra is the biggest spreader of disinformation I’ve come across on this board although he has some interesting info about numbers

and making the males into females.
it's called balance.

dude's trying to start a cult. 6 months ago he wasn't even talking about black sun.

The Black Sea scrolls debase your claim.

Gnosticism and the Black Sun are made by Smiley. He has 2000000 IPs and will not shut the fuck up ever!

He haunts 8ch and helped destroy its culture. He is a tranny one day, a wizard the next, a cutter of his flesh for attention. He wont take his fucking meds.

And he ALWAYS types the same shit.

But all the apostles were male? Balance in what sense?

Try asking him sometime to explain what the Black Sun even means or represents. He's literally incapable, despite claiming to be part of a secret society. All he'll do is direct you to his channel and start insulting you if you insist he explain. I've tried to get an answer out of him multiple times, and that's how I know that I what I said above is true of his motives.

Are you talking about Bodhi Mantra? The guy with the shitty YouTube channel? If so I agree that he's the origin of this Black Sun shit, as that symbol didn't exist before the 90s. But he has nothing to do with Gnosticism, which has existed for thousands of years before he did. You're confused.

Gnosticism is a penis religion.

Secondly, we have Israelite artifacts way before Christ, although pagan, they show Hebrews lived in the holy land for a long time before Christ. Stop spreading falsehood.

>The Black Sea scrolls debase your claim.
They are no older than Greek Occupation and it's DEAD sea scrolls you dumb nigger. They were random cults hiding from Alexander's army.

Also all those scrolls, like 10% are actually in the (((Bible))) or (((Torah))). The rest are random Semitic cult shit.

A notable example of the bias is with the 4th saying in the Gospel of Thomas.
"Jesus said, "The man old in days will not hesitate to ask a small child seven days old about the place of life, and he will live. For many who are first will become last, and they will become one and the same."
Hippolytus wrote in his Refutation of All Heresies 5.7.20: [The Naassenes] speak...of a nature which is both hidden and revealed at the same time and which they call the thought-for kingdom of heaven which is in a human being. They transmit a tradition concerning this in the Gospel entitled "According to Thomas," which states expressly, "The one who seeks me will find me in children of seven years and older, for there, hidden in the fourteenth aeon, I am revealed."