43 states in the USA use common core math education

>43 states in the USA use common core math education

Americans are less intelligent and more corrupt than Russia.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=16Tu3kR77NE
corestandards.org/Math/
insidehighered.com/news/2016/08/24/average-act-scores-drop-more-people-take-test
mathsisfun.com/operation-order-pemdas.html
cut-the-knot.org/manifesto/thinking.shtml
purplemath.com/modules/orderops.htm
math.berkeley.edu/~gbergman/misc/numbers/ord_ops.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>43 states
name them
or name the ones that don't. i remmber my math class stupid teacher told us to write out all that dumb hsit, i said i get mixed up. fucking not doing this ill miss everyone. no blacks in our class, he said fuck that shit. we didnt do it. also my cousin

This is the most retarded math quiz I've ever seen, no wonder an average math student in France feels like a genius in the US

US education is bringing everyone down to the level of niggers.

The dad in that pic is not the sharpest tool in the shed though, it's a retarded system but it's pretty easy to figure out.

>They're both correct until the compound has 16x's more Nitrogen than it should
This is why teachers get paid a fucking fast-food worker's shift manager wage, they do less and retard the future generations

Sup Forums knows that there are female roasties teaching young White boys that are feeding off their frustration when trying to learn common core. What an absolute mindfuck placed on children. And we have faggots that come to Sup Forums "are you guys really that mean?" They fucking target young White children without remorse and expect us to treat them with mercy.

its a faggot system. why the fuck would you want a far more complex way to solve a simple math problem. oh wait its a maple syrup dog bj leaf bitch. neck yourself while prepping jamal to cum in your whore wife

I rage every fucking time I see this.
You guys realize this system is literally designed to make your kids as dumb as the dumbest kid in class.

Teachers in modern America are an embarrassment focused more on virtual signaling to get into a major ivy league teaching positions because these idiots were not only taught everything is equal but then despite having experienced RL they believe it to be true. This is exactly why you have so many 300 pound fat and confused women who cannot put together why they are "unattractive" but will freely admit fat men are disgusting, yet cannot add 200+200= 400 ibs that no one wants to touch.

Because what the fuck is PEMDAS

>need more nogs to graduate
>make retarded the new norm
>everybody wins

they learned from king nigger:
youtube.com/watch?v=16Tu3kR77NE

Fuck order of operations apparently.

Yep, both are correct but one of them is discovered through the mindset of someone with critical thinking skills and the other being a trained monkey

Schools are only this bad because kids can't vote

stop

>implying kids wouldn't choose softer standards for themselves or just veto education entirely

Common Core exists to annihilate what's left of education for Whites. "equality" amongst the non-whites.

>20/5(2*2)
>2*2=4
>20/5*4
>20/5=4
>4*4=16
Is it really that complicated?
PEMDAS is the old way.
Multiply and divide as seen left to right unless brackets signify importance.

> why the fuck would you want a far more complex way to solve a simple math problem.

this literally promotes critical and outside-the-box thinking

Yeah BEDMAS is what we learned. Brackets, Exponentials, Division, Mult, Addition, Subtraction.

Is BEDMAS common core?

There's other ways of learning critical thinking you fucking sperg. Trying to teach 6 year olds to be the next Socrates via fucking multiplication tables isn't the way you do it. It also promotes the thinking of "let's make shit super complicated when we don't have to."

Get fucked

Is this actually real? I have a hard time believing that even burgerland would fall this far

thank god I graduated years before this shit was put into place

No it doesn't, it waste time.
The point of all logic systems is to simply them as much as possible. When we do this it allows time to get to more complicated problems that do promote outside the box thinking.
If you're wasting time on shit people solved 3k+ years ago, you'll never develop skills to be an above average student.

No it isn't.
A fraction describes a ratio of two values, not an absolute value. More data is required to determine the actual amount eaten.
The """"teacher"""" clearly interprets it as an absolute and is therefore fundamentally wrong.

I'm confused. 16 is the right answer even with pemdas. Parenthesis first and then from left to right since mult/div share priority.

>multiplication tables is hard
t. brainlet retard

Common core isn't inherently flawed. It tries to teach what the more intelligent kids learn on their own, or even do subconsciously when solving problems.

Teachers get paid less because school board kikes suck up all the money and hire unqualified daycare faggots to read out of a book to kids.

Well we call it PEDMAS for parentheses instead of brackets, but it's not common core.
The retard US mutt was trying to imply it was.
Common core didn't become a widespread thing until the late 2000s, it had been implemented since the 90s, but it wasn't the foundation of education like it is now.
Anyone that thinks PEDMAS is common core is obviously underaged b&.
It's been the foundation for equations for a long fucking time.

If that's what you got from my post then you are one dumb fucking retard. Fuck off 56%er,

I see, thanks for clearing it up

wrong

Look, I am a mathematics PhD and I can assure you that the old system was complete trash. Remember 'drill and kill'? That was not the way to go. Common core is far from perfect as a result of the wretched curriculum and poor teachers. The actual standards are well written, and I urge you to consider reading them.
corestandards.org/Math/

Forcing the more intelligent kids to abandon their established and superior thought processes so the retards don't look as bad will eliminate intelligent kids entirely.
Who's going to run shit while your all licking windows?
Nevermind, that was the whole point, wasn't it?

we dont have this method and at first i though it was good...POL said it was not... i read about it and you were right POL, this method is PURE GARBAGE

>flag
Checks out.

We need to mandate LaTeX for any primary schooling. Without it, absolute trash like this happens daily.
If teachers knew how to properly typeset their problems, we would not have these issues.

>20/5(2*2)
>2*2=4
>20/5(4)
>(5)4 = 20
>20/20 = 1
You deleted the parentheses for no other reason than to add additional spacing, and a * symbol with the goal to justify division before multiplication.

>have already intelligent child because you worked hard to teach your child not to be a retarded shit
>be forced to send your child to school
>teachers undo years of education you have instilled
>spend more time with other students who are too retarded to understand basic logic
>you have to pay taxes for this bullshit

Public school was a mistake.
Common core was created because supposedly it was easier to teach a large group of children.
The average students IQ in The U.S.A. have dropped noticeably since its implementation
insidehighered.com/news/2016/08/24/average-act-scores-drop-more-people-take-test
People need to face the facts, not everyone needs to go to college. Not everyone needs a high school education even.
A lot of people would actually do better learning a trade around 16 years old and mastering it by the time they are 26.
Instead of this bullshit race to college just to start a career at 26, that isn't much better than the job you would of gotten at 16.

Why are people so butt-blasted by a visually-based method for understanding addition? That's how I came to understand it.

>"electronics engineering"
>not electrical engineering

These are not the same and one is for smarter people

?????
Wasn't implying that it was common core at all. Method I was taught was:
>20/5(2*2)
>20/5(4)
>20/[5(4)]
>20/[20]
>1
The brackets were for myself, I had to take Cal I-III/Differentials and it's how I keep shit organized. Yes, they're both *correct* but common practice argues against that in anything beyond elementary math

The short of it is, one will produce a stable compound, the other will cause another Waco, Texas scenario

THE PARENTHESES IS REMOVED WHEN THE PRIORITY IS SOLVED YOU RETARDED SHIT.
The equation did not become
20/(5*4)
It is
20/5*4
From left to right.
Twenty divided by five multiplied by four.
Fucking retard mutts I swear I hate Mexican kids.

Yes that is how I got 16 as well. This thread has too many Mexicans that can't read.

is a literal Miguel with a drug sack on his back travelling through New Mexico right now. He's using satellite wi-fi FYI

More intelligent kids were already using what common core attempts to teach you, just in their mind instead of writing it down/visually expressing it. You memorize a dozen shortcuts to quickly calculate things. Problems seem to be it doesn't allow experimentation, the less intelligent kids will have to use this way and won't get room to grow.

One of these shortcuts is things like remembering what number the *5 is so you can work from there. A kid needs to do 7*7, instead of counting up in multiples of seven, they just remember 7*5=35, it's two more than that and in less than half a second in their mind they can crunch 35+(2*7) to 49. Or work backwards for *9 and such, going to 70-7=63.

The entire problem here is they're not experimenting and finding it out themselves, common core should cover multiple methods after they've had time (a month or two I suppose) to play with the basics. Showing your work is important, but I'm not sure how well you can do that with how at the simplest end.

Well you're wrong.
mathsisfun.com/operation-order-pemdas.html
Even a kid's website for learning match knows you are wrong.
You literally just killed the entire lab with your retard results.

Why are you posting like 4 year old shit. Leafs are seriously the most annoying fucking faggot posters

What the fuck is your problem, Juan?

>PEDMAS
>Never heard of PEDMAS a day in my life
>Google PEDMAS
>Everything that comes up is PEMDAS
You're either retarded or pulling shit out of your ass. Multiplication priority was not resolved until the last multiplicative variable was executed you fucking disassociative dunce

its what happens your leader is a literal faggot

You do realize the point of this is so that your Kid doesn't learn Math right?

Thank god I'm out of school now already. I would've failed that shit.

>I am a huge retard pls rape my face
Multiplication and division have equal priority.
PEMDAS or PEDMAS it is left to right.
Once the parentheses is solved it vanishes.
Stop trying to troll people because it isn't working.

Brainlets this is basic base 10 number system. He’s missing the one jump in the tens place and confused it with the six jumps for the ones place. Fucking children figure this out.

We can't acknowledge differences in population here. About half of the niggers in america do not meet the iq requirements to serve as infantry. These people are not smart enough to be bullet sponges, and everything has to be lowered to their level.

I am an engineer with an MS degree, I write code and use math every single day. Common core scares the crap out of me. they make it more complex and can't follow basic rules about performing similar levels operations from left to right. I don't even get what they are trying to show in OP's post. They take really simple math problems that children can do in their head in seconds, and try to make it take most of a page.

I suddenly remember girls I knew in college that were in education, they were always the chicks that wouldn't be able to calculate a tip and laugh that they can't do math well. They should be embarrassed. That shouldn't be socially acceptable. My kids are already smarter than most of their college educated teachers. And probably most of the women I have known.

The one is 7 and I'm already having him solve for x and use sin and cos. Young ages learn this stuff all around the world and with these liberal assholes opening the boarders he'll have to compete with that so he has to learn it early. It's not some mystery why Indians and Chinese are poring in for our STEM jobs. We have an education system designed to make us into fools.

What can we do to stop it?

Homeschool, they use Federal money to bribe schools into using common core.
The point which is to make your children stupider so they are more reliant on them for welfare etc.
People have been trying to vote em out of office for AGES so it looks like home-school is only real option.

You perform math from left to right, like how you read. Multiplication and division are the same level of order. therefore when you have 20/5*4 you divide the 20 first then multiply the result with 4.

This is how it's done. Period. Any other method is incorrect. That's not an opinion. I make jets for a big defense contractor and they actually work so...

The only way to truly get to out of the box thinking is to ditch pendanticism. Common core is designed by idiot lefty bureaucrats and therefore all about pedanticism, just even worse as it's got that horse designed by committee flavor.

cut-the-knot.org/manifesto/thinking.shtml

Leftists love pedanticism because it is a direct result of consensus. Consensus is a direct result of communism.

In short, get fucked commies.

You are a fucking brainlet and got your college degree with fraternity exam repositories and homework pooling. Fuck, it’s place value system without which you wouldn’t even be able to express values larger than the number of symbols you use to represent quantity. Fuck off Piper Herron.

Dude don't even try man, some of the fucks in this thread have no idea how bad common core is.
I had people in college calc that couldn't even do trig when i was in for my Software Engineering Degree.
It's insane how bad things are getting.
Yet they keep bringing in fucking foreigners because our population can't do highschool math due to common core.

The only explanation I can see for those corrections is the teacher wanted the answer solved both ways. It’s the only way to explain the half points. Otherwise the teacher is just a dumb fuck.

im sorry aussie. we're not all colossally retarded

>what is order of operations
>Where it is desired to override the precedence conventions, or even simply to emphasize them, parentheses ( ) (sometimes replaced by brackets [ ] or braces { } for readability) can indicate an alternate order
> I make jets for a big defense contractor
nigger you dont have a job

>David Coleman (born 1969) is the ninth president of the College Board, a not-for-profit corporation that is best known for designing the SAT exam and the Advanced Placement (AP) test.[1] He is frequently described in the media as "the architect" of the Common Core State Standards Initiative.

>Coleman was born in Manhattan to a Jewish family. David Coleman's father is a psychiatrist; his mother, Elizabeth Coleman, was from 1987 to 2013 the president of Bennington College in Vermont. At the time Coleman was growing up, his mother was Dean of The New School in downtown Manhattan.[2] The family moved to Vermont when David was in college.

common core trains the mental gymnastics required to be leftist, you need to look at the obvious truth and say "no thats not correct"

Dumbing down education is the weapon they use to implement their globalist agenda.

They make people dumb that think they're smart because they listen to what they're told, then vote for those that align with such.

They want blind and dumb people. They don't want independent thinkers.

Hide shill post.
Ignore shill posters.

>maybe if I prepare myself with a LARP first post, I can pull off some extra chromosomes
You're not fooling anyone
I'm a Chemical Engineer if you're somehow a Software Engineer

No brainlet the teacher wanted shit from left to right: five times three is taught by putting three things on the working surface “five times” so the arrays are the same. Algorithm: second number first number many times from left to right arranged top to bottom. How do you fucks have jobs? I’d ride you hard in any science or logic based profession to weed you out

Well, sort of. The problem is that 5(2*2) is ambiguous as it's unclear whether the 5 is a separate unit.
It's easier to understand the issue if we replace the (2*2) and instead give the problem as 20 / 5(a + a^2).
It's the same syntax, but now the 5 is clearly a coefficient and not a constant.

So 16 is generally correct, as that interpretation has become de facto convention due to how a computer would solve it, but strictly mathematically it's technically ambiguous.

>can't even solve a basic math equation
>thinks talking shit on the internet makes him seem smart
That's some low quality bait.

You can't be this stupid. You can search it everywhere. Multiplication and division are the same level operation and performed from left to right. Anything inside a parentheses is done first obviously but I didn't show an equation with any.

purplemath.com/modules/orderops.htm

sweden, you've lost all relevancy somewhere in your "no go" zones.
just stop

I remember having like a 93 average in Algebra 1 and 2 and trig and geo but in once I went into calc this common core shit kicked in and kicked my ass so badly that I failed the class

American education everyone!

TFW we had to do some math in a biochemistry class when I was in college and some girls literally tried to argue that they shouldn't have to do math since it was a chemistry class.

The Japanese professor lost his shit and told them to go back to high school. Wish I had it on video. I don't think a teacher had ever spoken to those girls like that their entire lives. They were stunned.

Ah huh
>math.berkeley.edu/~gbergman/misc/numbers/ord_ops.html
Sure thing, boss.

The niggers cant compete with the whites in the US. I’m sure you’ve heard that not a single district within the US do blacks achieve similar grades as whites. So in order to be equal, why not just make everyone dumb?

this one is a fake you retards

its Mult/Division, they are on the same level so if division appears before multiplications on the read order from left to right then you do that first.

False, that's not how math works, there are no spaces in math so it's always 20/5(2*2)

You do the parentheses first because it's a higher level, then you are left with 2 operations of the same level, so you perform them from left to right.

There is no ambiguity. Just a bunch of idiots.

Division isn’t even its own operation, neither is subtraction. They are syntactic sugar for adding negative numbers and multiplying by the reciprocal, in other words, related through the identity element of their operation. Parenthesis fag is wrong the answer is 16. Fuck that extra bracket as 5(4) is also syntactic sugar for a multiply between the number and the brackets. Get a fucking brain math chimps.

Beware the numeral Jew.

It's because the paper is white. Give niggers a test on black paper with white text and they would outscore whites. Shit's racist yo

The leaf gets it right. The goal here is to make it so that the dumb answers aren't wrong. Then they will have "solved" the education crisis.

>have high reflexes
>have high verbal and spatial intelligence
>have high empathy (not the libtard kind, but the "I can read what you're going to do just looking at your face", "I know what you mean", etc. kind)
>be great at humanities, be a creative writer and thinker, be redpilled and white nationalist
>know 3 languages
>can't for the life of my remember basic math shit other than substraction, addition, multiplication and division
>count with my fingers unironically
>if we are operating with numbers longer than 10 or 20, I need pen and paper
>everything else gets nullified becase OMG U DUM U DUNNO NUMBER HAHA

Don't fall for the mathematical soyjew. Hunter-gatherer master race.

I feel your pain.
>month one, trying to create a script with basic logic
>literally how many apples does each kid have if you input the numbers into your code
>chick can't do it

>6 months in
>data mining variables from over twenty different sets of a fake healthcare database we made as a class
>chick still doesn't get it

I don't know how she graduated. I honestly felt cheated.
Running SQL on african americans from a certain birth year that are cross referenced to a number of pregnancies using blood testing was not simple shit. 4 hours to script and run it, analyze it, write a report, and hand in a list of candidates as a security report was rough.
Yet she somehow always passed.
She had to have been fucking the teacher man.

it's 5 x 3 = (5 times) 3 = 3's done (5 times)
3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3

>>Posts meme
>>Is this real?
Are you the living incarnation of all the Slav jokes I heard a a child?

Actually, there are "spaces" in maths. You might want to look into terms and the difference between a coefficient and a multiplied constant.
But given that the spaces used to make it look neat are what you caught in that explanation, it's probably not going to do you much good.

Probably not, if it’s a girl, they just pass them if they enrolled in STEM. Her academic transcipt would filled with marks of 50-55 and nothing else. Happens all the time.

This literally makes all mathematics from pre-algebra up unsolvable. If you don't have order of operations then factoring polynomials is impossible. Hell even plugging numbers into equations and solving for them is impossible. If I have 3x^2 = y, and the problem tells me x is equal to 3 and I'm supposed to solve for y, I could get two different answers out of that. If I square 3 first and then multiply that's 9*3 = 27. If I multiply first and then square then that's 9^2 = 81. Even this incredibly rudimentary case can have 2 different solutions. Scaling up to trigonometry/calculating derivatives/finding area using integrals/etc. is quite literally impossible if you don't have an established order of operations. The entire system breaks down and math becomes irrelevant because just like the social sciences it would all be objective; there would be no established way of doing things and thus no ultimately correct answer. This is Kike garbage and parents are fucking retarded if they send their kids to public school. Either private school or homeschool, our state indoctrination centers are totally comped.

i thought multi takes priority

I mean, semantics aside, whatever. You’re still sticking a multiply there regardless. The notation is irrelevant, convert to Reverse Polish Notation and compute on the stack. Fucking pleb.