Evangelion

The fuck were these last two episodes? this show was great and then I wanted to kill myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hf1DkBQRQj4
youtube.com/watch?v=4JuK1Yr35Io
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Watch EoE. It will give you closure.

Also, Rei is best girl.

/thread

I guess that wraps that up, cheers lad

> this show was great and then I wanted to kill myself.
How do a ending of introspection, character analyses and desire to change for better can possibly make you want to kill yourself.
I will never understand how people feel depressed with the ends of Eva, which all have really uplifting conclusions.

watch EoE

Umm... sir? Actually the last three or four episodes are the only reason most people cared about the Eva series. The entire show otherwise is a basic bitch monster of the week series with a sad boy instead of somebody worthwhile guiding the series.

Just watch Madoka instead.

No one understand omedetou...
>Maybe I could love myself.
The message is be yourself and love yourself.
>To every children, congratulations.
youtube.com/watch?v=hf1DkBQRQj4

If you didn't want to kill yourself earlier in the show then you are watching it wrong.
And I agree with user, the last two episodes actually cheered me up.

But the last 4 episodes are still sad boy instead of somebody worthwhile leading the series.

>Maybe I could love myself.
Self love is asuka-tier garbage and both you and anno are faggots.

Just finished eva this month and the ending made me feel real nice and fuzzy inside. fuck you talking about?

what the fuck is it with under-25 millennials and the phrase "sad boy"
fucking literally kill your self

This is you

I don't understand this meme, Madoka is EVA for the magical girl genre

I guess the series wasnt what people expected, but being unable to understand the basic message of the ending shows how fucking retard the average nip otaku is.

Oh, well, thank you user.

The self love referenced in the series is that which serves as a foundation to let you go on to pursue relationships with others, without it you won't feel worthy of any affection. It's not the narcissistic horseshit you're mistaking it for.

>implying Americans are any better at understanding it
Shit, nigger, you can ask a hundred Sup Forumsnons and a hundred /m/anchildren and you'll get a dozen different answers. Because they just start copying each other's homework after the first few.

Look at episode 24 preview.

>Because they just start copying each other's homework after the first Jew.

Fixed that for ya

Yeah, that's about right.
May as well post the entire interview he did that is from

>Asuka and Misato
>Strong women

Being a screaming brat with daddy issues does not make you 'strong'.
...Actually it does make you tumblr-strong

Today I learned Anno is trigglypuff.

Asuka is a pilot but strong isn't really what I'd use to describe Misato

He could mean that they have strong, forward personalities and aren't the yamato nadesico ideal of meekness that Japs adore and projected onto Rei.
Neither Asuka, Misato or Rei are particularly strong mentally.

Rei singlehandedly throws down a world domination conspiracy while also proving she's completely independent of her manipulative guardian and has been merely biding her time throughout the years waiting for the perfect opportunity to betray him.

Her demure meekness does not make her 'weak'.

EoTV >>>> EoE

Correct.

I think anno meant strong as in "intense".
Asuka has a very intense personality, for the better or the worse.

But she wasn't culminating some grand keikaku when she did that. She realized, by way of Shinji, that she could be her own person and need not let herself just be Gendo's puppet.
So she put the fate of the world in Shinji's mentally deranged hands and he promptly screwed the pooch.

>even the creator of Evangelinoon inspires heated debate and discussion
Pottery

You can only really enjoy EoTV if you analyze the shit out of it, I doubt very many people preferred it over EoE on the first go.

Autism

I can't wait for 4.0!

Butthurt

>You can only really enjoy EoTV if you analyze the shit out of it
No? Just a basic ability to pay attention for a few minutes and reflect briefly on the previous eps.
> I doubt very many people preferred it over EoE on the first go.
Probably right, most people lack the aforementioned skills.
2deep4u, brainlet.

Imagine if it turns out that 4.0 is just one final ruse, and it's just a black screen with the following text:
>Why did you waste your life waiting for something you knew would be garbage?

It's for the worse.

It's not Rei's fault that Shinji botched his one chance to be the good guy. Maybe if she'd given him a blowjob in Ep 5 or something he'd behave differently, but Rei isn't responsible for Shinji being a jobber.

youtube.com/watch?v=4JuK1Yr35Io

At this point, I know it can't possibly tie up all the plot threads left dangling by 3.0, nor could it ever live up to the hype the fans created for it.
But I want to be there because Sup Forums shitting itself inside out for each installment of the Rebuilds is always just so much fucking fun to be around.

Faggots would worship it even more than they worship EOE.

> The fuck were these last two episodes?
>2017

It was explained and discussed 1000 times before you were born.

16 > 24 > 19 > 26 (EoE) > 25 (EoE) > 26 > 25

Prove me wrong, fuckbois.

>26 (EoE) > 25 (EoE) > 26 > 25

>trigglypuff
Thanks for the hearty kek.

Anno is just a butthurt asukafag. That's why he brings in Asuka and Rei suddenly when they're talking about Misato.

Truth is, otaku always loved intense girls, and they have been the bread and butter of otaku anime. He's saying Japan as in the entire nation, and they're not different from other nations. The more reserved and honest girls are always the most popular with the normal people of the nation. It's the otaku who fetishize tsundere and comedic slapstick behavior in girls.

Essentially this is Anno REEEING about "fukken normies" in the 90's. Truly a pioneer.

There's no hype for 3.0+1.0. Discussion of it is virtually dead in every community there is, and this is because 3.33 sucked ass.

15 episodes into a re watch and I have to say: Once you know what everyone's back stories and are and what the conspiracy going on behind the scenes is, the show loses a lot of what makes it interesting. Edgy vague pieces of dialogue are not as fun when I'm not trying to construct them together to figure out what everyone's deal is and what is going on behind the veil. And having so much of Shinji's characterization come from Misato and Ritsuko talking about him is irritating when we see Anno doing a great job characterizing Misato and Asuka without so much boring exposition, often using actions and even facial expressions to do all the work instead.

The best part about Eva is the setting though, NERV and Tokyo 3 just feel so desolate and lonely, you hardly ever find crowds and everything is always quiet. It really ties into those themes of isolation that Eva is all about and does a great job helping to reduce what is de facto a huge conflict into a very personal and small story.

It's unfortunate that everyone seems to think that either Eva is a masterpeice or is total shit. I think it is just a really good anime with flaws like most others. Anno's visual directing, due to his experience as an animator, really shines through , but the writing itself does'nt quite keep up.

I felt like I enjoyed the writing a lot more on a rewatch. Knowing that Shinji's repressed memories is a big part of his character allowed me to appreciate him much more. Gendo in particular also really shines on a rewatch; him being just a bigger Shinji becomes a lot more apparent.

Get back to work, Anno.

/thread

Fuck you, I retire now!