The Nameless Problem

We all know that there's something wrong with the world, with the people in it. Something is off, driving everyone to insanity.

Everybody has a different take on what the cause is, but we all agree that whatever "this" is, it's real and it needs to be dealt with.

It's important to note, however, that this is a recent phenomenon. It gestated as the age of mass media began and exploded with the popularization of the internet.

I propose that in order to save the "soul" of the species, the internet needs to go away. But, as anyone with a basic understanding of the technology knows, the internet is not just one single thing; it is a distributed global network that is built to redundancy a hundred times over.

That said, short of a global EMP or thermonuclear war, let's talk about possible ways to accomplish getting rid of the internet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DwCEAdeFXEM
youtube.com/watch?v=tIeEotdOVew
youtube.com/watch?v=7qnd-hdmgfk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't blame the tool, blame the carpenters.

people are talking to algorithms
bots
they don't know these are algorithms, turing test btfo, people are having their opinions and feelings manipulated by machine learning

the tool has become a carpenter of sorts

It isn't the internet that's the problem. It's cell phones. They are literally frying our brains with radiation.

Unfortunately, it seems like we're past the point of social reconstruction. Destroying the internet would return us to a blank slate socially and give us necessity and hardship again.

Nobody actually 'talks' on mobile phones with the device to their heads anymore. This isn't it.

>the internet is the problem

You misspelled jews.

This is dumb as fuck.
Go back to /x/

Sage

the answer is KIKES
KIKES are the fucking problem
KIKES have always been the fucking problem
R E M O V E
B A G E L

This is getting so old. No wonder reddit loves this board.

Enlighten us.

The problem is you folks still haven't read Hoppe.

Just to be clear, the point of the thread was to discuss the hypothetical logistics for how the internet might be shut down.

hahahahahahaha

>wahhh wahhh oy vey de meshuggah
lampshade yourself, hooknose

This desu

It's more than that. People are bombarded with information from every direction with no way to parse any of it. A million perspectives, all potentially valid, bombarding our internal filter for managing it all. The dam in our brains can't hold it all back anymore, metaphorically speaking.

>the truth

Its social media. Social media has completely destroyed our world. I deleted my FB last year, dont use snapchat, twitter, or any of the other ones.

short of a zombie apocalypse, you can't

We all know there's an incredibly vague, impossible to define thing or person or force or something going on. We must stop it or fix it or do some other stuff. Or not. Either way, we're fucked. Maybe.

>Something is off, driving everyone to insanity.

No it's just you because you spend all day reading complete gibberish on here from teenagers competing to see who can post the most alarmist esoteric bullshit.

Simple solution is allow the issue to resolve itself. May not be your desired outcome, but that is life.

That's why it's very crucial that we step away from the internet and not take it so seriously. Every side on the internet is blaming the other side of "FAKE NEWS".

So... who and what is the true fake news? See where i'm getting at? There's so much information now that no one knows the truth anymore.

We're lost in the age of information.

>internet and anonymous discussion sites allow people to speak unfiltered, without threats against their body or career for wrongthink
>this naturally leads to a right-wing swing
>"we gotta get rid of the internet to save our soul guise!"
Jew detected. DOTR soon, Schlomo

the term for this is information apocalypse

>I propose that in order to save the "soul" of the species, the internet needs to go away

Fucking this. 100 times this.

Did somebody say Schlomo?

actually you leave your cellphone on in your pocket and you leave it on beside your bed. i'm not saying it's THE problem, but it is a problem. the cancer link long suspected has been found. put it on airplane mode when it's in your pocket if you want to have kids one day, otherwise enjoy your irradiated balls. cellphones were always a trap in more ways then one. surveillance state tracking devices and testicle irradiaters.

you have been warned

this

Wrong. It provides endless safe spaces for degeneracy and stops families from being the primary socialization agent.

It's not hard. The answer is jews, and the method is that in 2013 Barack Obama made it legal for the US government to enact propaganda on its own citizens again. That's why CNN stopped being world news and started being fuck drumpf.

>So... who and what is the true fake news? See where i'm getting at?
Somebody missed philosophy class, I see. You need to read up on the old greats of western civilization in order to acquire the tools to deconstruct narratives and get at the truth, i.e. logic.
If you're too lazy to read, that's your own damn fault.

>muh safe space
You're from japan and you don't even know how to use 2ch much less read text only boards.

When we can no longer produce enough electricity the Internet will shut itself down.

Care to elaborate on what you think the nameless problem is?

the internet is the greatest thing to happen to humanity. i wasn't allowed to say "kill niggers" without it, but now i can with the internet and its anonymity. collective opinion was based off of mainstream media--now it's not. it makes it much harder too control the narrative.

I came to a similar conclusion just this year.

It's a peculiar place to be mentally. But technological advancements clearly are the driving forces behind the seismic changes happening today.

Speak for yourself, plenty of people do that

maybe Rothschilds are feeding a demon off of the world's suffering? :(

>When we can no longer produce enough electricity
will never happen. even if/when we reach a point when there is no more oil, the US produces so much corn we could run the nation on ethanol

The real redpill that no one wants to swallow is not that it's THE JEWS or ITS THE ELITES or whatever spook you want to have to give the true problem an excuse.

The real redpill is that it's your fault the world stays like this. That itching feeling in the back of your head that something isn't right is not the feeling that an external force is out to get you. It's an internal feeling that you aren't doing what you ought to be doing in life. You aren't living up to your own code.

It's as simple as that. You know what your problems are in life, and you know exactly what you should be doing or what you shouldn't be doing, yet too many people have put off doing the responsible and right thing so much that the world is falling apart.

You have to focus on your own life instead of stretching thin your focus on otherworldly events. If you but simply worked at fixing yourself, truly doing what you know you need to do, then that awful feeling that something isn't right will diminish.

Try it. See what happens when you actually live up to your own beliefs. And if you don't know what those beliefs are, then that means you have yet to figure out which beliefs are worth living for.

youtube.com/watch?v=DwCEAdeFXEM

>the internet needs to go away
and you can fuck right off
extroverts need to go away: from the internet...they cant handle immediate access to such wealth of data, nothing more
ive been here since late 90s and everything was fine until you faggots showed up

fossil fuel is a major input in the production of ethanol

you think the advent of the fucking internet is to blame for people not fighting back against things?
you fucking idiot.
does this not happen to people who don't have the internet?
does this not happen to people far away from it?

it's the removal of power from the people you absolute fuckwit.
it's police, it's government, it's the lack of arms.

kill the jews

youtube.com/watch?v=tIeEotdOVew

this is a good point I never really clicked to.
introverts are naturally able to take in multiple opinions as is their lot, extroverts can't handle the constant exchange of information and require a social structure or pecking order to tell them what to believe.

i.e. normie idiots need to leave.
If you can't handle something, don't complain about it, just leave.

You're calling the real issues like it is and nobodys listening. Im here though. So at least there's more than one of us. That said, you need to loose the double spacingm to be taken seriously reddit.....

no, i dont think its unreasonable to write it off as a coincidence - modern media might be the tool that many of the people we perceive as the 'troublemakers' of society and culture use, but it is not necessarily the cause. i think a lot of societies have gone down shitty paths like ours in the past and it has to do with the way the pendulum of philosophical thought swings from nihilism and hedonism to principles and values depending on a ton of different cultural forces. if anything the accessibility and variety of information in my experience has only really contributed to division and polarization and people attaching their egos to their political views to an extent that, if society was so civilized and 'tolerant' as many pretend it is, should be impossible.

who knows though i didnt live 50 years ago and chances are neither did anyone else reading this so maybe we should calm down and not associate the problems of modern society with some coincidental development of society before we look at variables that might not be temporally related but are almost certainly just as important to the issue like for example human nature but hey maybe im just crazy

I've used double spacing longer than reddit's been a swear word

I don't care if I'm not taken seriously. I'm just saying what I know

2 spoopy.

Not to mention if not a lick of corn went to feed we'd have only enough to produce fuel for just automobiles for about a third of a year per year. Just the fucking cars.
For every unit of energy spent in the process we get ~1.03 back. It's essentially a really cheap method of harnessing solar power, but we by no means could rely on it.

nah its cool. im just memeing. i do agree with you though

I pray to god and ask him to speak to me.
I believe me reading these posts are an indirect way for him to communicate with me.
Thank you.

stop feeding it.
unplug and let it die a slow AI death.
youtube.com/watch?v=7qnd-hdmgfk

>social structure or pecking order
boom
social heirarchy can manifest itself in peculiar ways...i remember the first time i saw one user make fun of another for using an old meme...it was weird...i thought the whole point of memes was that they were timeless, but normals entered and brought with them their sense of the 'fad'...their worldview of 'tempory cool trends' has overwritten the concept of memes which was was once just 'part of the encrypted language we use here that one must learn (lurk) in order to speak'...and it just spins out of control: anons used to call out my ellipses without understanding that its a holdover from chatrooms, today we have 'redditspacing'...whatever it takes to be kewl

also consider how different people view data...introverts like ideas, puzzles and figuring things out, while extroverts love more external stimuli...so what does that mean? it means that while the introvert is searching for ideas they would never consider or experiences they would never face, the extrovert will be searching for more and more ways to get more and more twits on their facespace like a junkie looking for their next fix...and in typical extrovert fashion (with focus on the external) they see problems and say 'internet go away' instead of considering that the issue is not the internet itself, but rather the fact that they dont do anything with it

its not the tool, its not even the user, its the relationship between those things

that shit resonates my dude
this year I am creating a site just for us.
don't know where to host it, but I'm thinking of using freenet and popularizing it.
tried to work out a protocol to beat freenet, but it's taking me ages.

I just don't want fucking DCMA notices for being a lazy admin, I want old Sup Forums back. Or old Sup Forums.

The Internet can literally be brought down with a shovel and a pair of Kevlar snips.

>Sup Forums and reddit being civil

Truly, the end times are upon us

I am doing what I was meant to do. Bringing down the Jews.

And a telephone line and laptop can bring anything back. Try again. No, you know what? SatCom.

Off world.

>Telephone lines...
Most people don't even have landlines. The infrastructure doesn't exist and phone lines are easier to cut than fiber...

As for SatCom... It's a meme. If satellites existed, Zuckerberg wouldnt be using weather balloons to bring internet to third world niggers, he'd be using satellites.

>That said, short of a global EMP or thermonuclear war
>OP doesn't realise these are going to finally occur next month
Enjoy :)

>this is a recent phenomenon. It gestated as the age of mass media began and exploded with the popularization of the internet

False. Every person that has ever lived has felt that there was something wrong with the world. It's a natural part of living in a universe that you aren't the god of. Nobody looks around and thinks things are perfect. Ever.

than how do explain satellite phones?

Radio signals bounce off the ionosphere.

It isn't the internet that is the problem, it's the people who don't possess the mental capability to differentiate between what they see on a screen and the reality around them
Did you know that most people you see around you at any given time live their lives as if they're the main character in a tv series? Dead serious, they make decisions based upon where they see themselves in their 'character arc', they emulate characters they admire in movies and sitcoms, they blend together their real life and the lives they watch on their one eyed jews
I'm not making this up or exaggerating at all, their brains can't tell the difference between real life and jewish fantasy stories, just watch anybody you see on a daily basis and observe how they interect with others or even ask them how they see themselves, let them talk about themself for a few minutes, there are very few people living irl anymore, the modern world is literally like the movie The Matrix and again, I'm not even being hyperbolic
Be safe out there anons

The real problem is overpopulation and we are getting bombarded with psy ops to make us unwittingly take care of the problem ourselves with random acts of violence.

Also, wifi and cell towers are doing a number on people most likely; i recall a story aboutna certain radio frequency or something like that affecting birds in an area and causing them to divebomb into the ground suicidaly, who's to say there aren't certain wave frequencies causing people to lose their grip on sanity
Or all the shit in our food and water
Or the way general socialization has been perverted drastically in the last decade
Or all the drugs people casually consume
Humans are so fucked up for so many reasons nowadays it's honestly shocking we aren't tearing each others throats out with our teeth in the streets right now

I lived forty years ago and can tell you that social media has devalued humanity more than any force in history

I've seen somewhere about a study where bots passed turing tests at a high percentage, 80% and something. The kicker, actual people only passed at 70% and something iirc. Social media and touchscreen devices completely dumbed down society.

inter-dimensional shape shifting child molesters (aka kikes)