/gg/ - Gnosticism General

Gnosticism is a word to sum up the beliefs of certain early Christians and pre-Christian people who taught the world is controlled by evil forces, head of them “God” aka the demiurge. This thread is for the discussion of such thoughts.
>Nag Hammadi Library
>Bruce Codex
>Naassenes
>Ophites
>Sethites
>Valentinians

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?&v=qns_QrdQE94
gnosis.org/library.html
kontur.au.dk/fileadmin/www.kontur.au.dk/OLD_ISSUES/pdf/kontur_14/ewa_weiling_feldthusen.pdf
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ogw6BJRL_rQ
gnosis.org/library/cathtx.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transubstantiation
youtube.com/watch?v=tIeEotdOVew
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God I hope Bodhi fucks off and doesn't come into this thread.

Got any valuable info about Gnostics or ancient Christianity? Judaism?

We need Gnostic sources, just so that this thread doesn't go off on the standard Sup Forums diversion, and people can read and understand , and not use some le* HAHAHA, Nazi neo-paganism best ism*

I was z9ThvRG+ in the other thread, posted what I know there. Just here to continue conversation when that one dies, and hoping Bodhi will die with it.

Who's Bodhi?

Remember Sup Forums, Gnostics are a Jewish inversion of Neo-Platonism.

>Anti-Life

>Anti-Nature

>Anti-Material

>Anti-Reality

>Anti-Demiurge

>A Jewish-Christian perversion of Plato and Pythagorean teachings

PART 1

"Gnosticism refers to a collection of religious groups originating in Jewish religiosity in Alexandria in the first few centuries CE.[1] Neoplatonism was a school of Hellenistic philosophy that took shape in the 3rd century, based on the teachings of Plato and some of his early followers. While Gnosticism was influenced by Middle Platonism, neo-Platonists from the third century onward rejected Gnosticism. Gnosticism originated in the late first century CE in nonrabbinical Jewish sects and early Christian sects,[2][3] and many of the Nag Hammadi texts make reference to Judaism, in some cases with a violent rejection of the Jewish God."

"Sethianism may have started as a pre-Christian tradition, possibly a syncretic Hebrew[4] Mediterranean baptismal movement from the Jordan Valley, with Babylonian and Egyptian pagan elements, and elements from Hellenic philosophy. Both Sethian Gnostics and the Valentinian Gnostics incorporated elements of Christianity and Hellenic philosophy as it grew, including elements from Plato, Middle Platonism and Neo-Pythagoreanism."

"In the third century CE both Christianity and neo-Platonism reject and turn against Gnosticism, with neo-Platonists as Plotinus, Porphyry and Amelius attacking the Sethians. John D. Turner believes that this double attack led to Sethianism fragmentation into numerous smaller groups (Audians, Borborites, Archontics and perhaps Phibionites, Stratiotici, and Secundians).

Last few times I posted something on x I got bugmen answers, is sorcery and woo all they care about?

Any connection with the Cathars?

>tongue mark
>lip mark
she must be biting herself. poor girl, maybe she's stressed because her music isn't what it used to be.

Kinda. The Paul oceans is where the connection begins, they lived in Armenia and were gnostic rebels, spread gnostic ideas towards Bulgaria and the Kievan Rus(?) from Bulgaria it came to Italy and southern france

PART 2

Plotinus considered his Gnostic opponents "heretics", "imbeciles" and "blasphemers" erroneously arriving at misotheism as the solution to the problem of evil, taking all their truths over from Plato. Plotinus' main objection to the Gnostic teachings he encountered was to their rejection of the goodness of the demiurge and of the material world. He attacked the Gnostics for their vilification of Plato's ontology of the universe as contained in the Timaeus. Plotinus accused Gnosticism of vilifying the demiurge or craftsman that shaped the material world, and so ultimately for perceiving the material world as evil, or as a prison. Plotinus set forth that the demiurge is the nous (as an emanation of the One), which is the ordering principle or mind, also reason. Plotinus was critical of the gnostic derivation of the Demiurge from Wisdom as Sophia, the anthropomorphic personification of wisdom as a feminine spirit deity not unlike the goddess Athena or the Christian Holy Spirit. These objections seem applicable to some of the Nag Hammadi texts, although others such as the Valentinians, or the Tripartite Tractate, appear to insist on the goodness of the world and the Demiurge."

>.........

FUCK YOU SMILEY
AND FUCK YOUR GOD DAMN ESOTERIC, GNOSTIC, BLACK SUN "GENERALS"

AND YOUR PATHETIC BODI YOUTUBE CHANNEL BULLSHIT!

YOU WILL
NEVER
BE
A
CULT
LEADER!

Take your meds and be nicer to your poor parents, you Jewish tranny Canadian IP hoping 8ch freak. Your board /fringe/ is dead because you suck at research and are a pathological liar and a sick fuck!

*pauliceans
No connection to the apostle btw

>be catholic church
>declare apostolic poverty to be heresy

He's an insane schizophrenic who shits up every religious, esoteric, and nazi thread with Black Sun bullshit and directions to his crappy JewTube channel. claims that pic related is him. Posting in hopes he just fucks off.

No idea. I only go there for the innawoods stories.
Cathars were a gnostic revival sect wiped out by Catholics. Catholics have been trying to destroy the true teachings of Christ for a very long time.

What’s that? Explain please

>This person disagreed with something that's easily viewed when observing the world so you are BTFO

You know anything about bogomils?

Thoughts on Manichaeism? Seems like one of the more interesting sects that rarely comes up. Pretty amazing it had reach throughout the known world once and then faded to nothing.

I SWEAR TO GOD IF THIS TURNS TO ANOTHER JEW ZOG BULLSHIT CONSPIRACY, I'LL MAKE THE FIRE ON THIS THREAD WORSE. I JUST WANT A NORMAL THEOLOGICAL THREAD WITHOUT THE GENERIC Sup Forums BS

No, but I came across them when I was reading about the Cathars a few weeks ago. If you know anything, please share.

>eat watermelon
>now fart and burp
>and you go to heaven

Yeah but they teach some weird shit about eating? You can be enlightened by your diet? It’s very strange stuff

He would be a shit one at best, like Heavens Gate

Lmao

All I know is that unlike Cathars they weren't that ascetic

They apparently survived in Bosnia until some time before or the time when ottomans conquered it

youtube.com/watch?&v=qns_QrdQE94

What about the Bogomils, and the Donatists?

Weren' they that group that was brutally repressed by the Church?

>on Sup Forums
>I JUST WANT A NORMAL THEOLOGICAL THREAD WITHOUT THE GENERIC Sup Forums BS

>"Like the original Christians, the Cathars were vegetarians, believed in reincarnation and considered the Old Testament god Jehovah to be a tyrant."

>"The Cathars were respected for their goodness, even by their opponents. The Catholic Bernard of Clairveaux writes: 'If you interrogate them, no one could be more Christian. As to their conversation, nothing can be less reprehensible, and what they speak they prove by deeds. As for the morals of the heretics, they cheat no one, they oppress no one, they strike no one.'"

- From Jesus And The Lost Goddess

>He would be a shit one at best, like Heavens Gate
lol

I could see him getting some 'slow adults' who were vampires in highschool to take LCD and die in a fire. His parents are wealthy so he could afford the free drugs.

>I'LL MAKE THE FIRE ON THIS THREAD WORSE.
Do it! I don't know what that means but do it!

Fuck I forgot, let's just slow the tide

Bogomils invented a creation story and theology hundreds of years after Christ lived, but they are similar to early Gnostics
Donatism is flawed in thinking clergy must be perfect, literally.

Add something about Jews being good, and boom, but please.

Wait, I mean the Docetists.

I know the Cathars were, and they were finally crushed in the siege at Montsegur, where hundreds of Cathar Perfects chose to be burned alive rather than to renounce gnosticism. Don't know anything about the Bogomils though. Would be interested to learn if anyone has the run down.

I’m still thinking about it, read the texts and decide for yourself

Meant for

No, what I mean is that I don't want to start shit

Then Gnosticism is not the way for you, you literally can’t get around this, I tried.

No, no, what wait? I mean is that I don't want the thread to descend to a typical /pol thread. I'm confused on what you mean.

That is the belief that you cannot be saved unless you give away all your possessions. Word for word the message of Jesus.
Declared heresy.

This pdf talks about bogomilism and Zoroastrianism didn’t read any of it yet but sounds interesting

>"In the Balkans, from the tenth to fifteen centuries the Paulicians flourished as 'Bogomils', meaning 'Friends of God'-the traditional name for Gnostics first used by the Pythagoreans. The Bogomils even had their own Gnostic Pope. At the anti-Bogomil council of 1211 they were accused of performing 'unholy mysteries like the Hellenic Pagan rites'."

>"One of their Literalist opponents writes with disgust: 'They denounce wealth, they have a horror of the Tsar, they ridicule their superiors, condemn the nobles and forbid all slaves to obey their masters.'"

>In the twelfth century the Bogomils developed into the Cathars or 'Purified Ones'."

I got a Gnostic website on sources.

gnosis.org/library.html

Docetism, the nature of Christ. Real person, body and flesh, or spiritual nature with illusion of corporal existence?

kontur.au.dk/fileadmin/www.kontur.au.dk/OLD_ISSUES/pdf/kontur_14/ewa_weiling_feldthusen.pdf

Man this thread is so commie it’s hard to believe anyone on /pol is paying any attention to it.

Gnostics aka the folllowers of Dionysius are hedonists and the Roman era version of communists

>we’re gnostics
>we’re pre Christian and Christian and we believe in God but God is evil.
>resist the demiurge he is evil: translated: accept the Orwellian superstate, the destruction of the family unit and become cattle for your jewish overlords so the followers of Dionysius can live like pigs as they truly believe that is where spiritual growth comes from. Let boys believe they are girls because we got fucked up on acid and it made sense to us then so it must be right because we are God and the real god is evil yet he brought me here to this fucked up place, where when intoxicated and fucked up I somehow gain knowledge that God doesn’t know( serious lol here)

Im done spamming these threads the Gnostics and commies will be burnt away by the passion of the sun. Sol invictus don’t let them kill your passion comrades

Sounds like Christian anarchism, also weird and unnecessary, explain your viewpoint.

Yes.

No pauliceans originated in Armenia
Different group.

gnosticism is the nihilistic glitch in the human consciousness that was created when the jews encountered greek culture.

the truth behind gnosticism can be found when one takes too much lsd. and can be described by a chapter found in thus spoke zarathustra where he stood between two abysses. infinity behind him, including this same place and moment where he stands. and infinity in front of him with the same.

in a more direct way consider this riddle:
a room without walls is where I live.
I cannot dig.
I cannot fly.
I cannot die.
do I run?

now this at the end of the day really just proves that we really dont know if we are trapped in a false reality, or if we ourselves are the AI per-se that runs the false reality. or if this is the only reality.

this truth was used as a weapon to wipe out the europeans. when they forced christianity on us they were primarily attempting to make us go extinct. they killed all our midwives, all our priests. and 80% of our women, and who knows how many men were killed in the biggest war in europe before the world wars, yet a war that has no name in our modern history books. the dark ages were dark because they were trying to cut our roots, remove our history and we were forced to hide our beliefs in children's stories and within christianity itself. catholicism is 90% pagan values, 10% nihilistic judaism. either way this cookie is poison my broodas.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ogw6BJRL_rQ

Thx

Good shit. Shows the true colors of Catholics even more.

> that one
AhahHAHA
The one thing the church got right was it’s eradication of a billion other trash cults.

This is a text based forum sven

We are discussing an analyzing a series of sects that were purged and arguing in a reasonable way, unlike you Neo-Nazi shitheads/spammers/trolls who have no contributions to society or boards other than to ignit flame wars that contribute nothing but rage and baseless claims *Evil Jews did it har har har they did everything* and any who argue is a . Please, let the big boys discuss and go play with kids your own age.

Only a (materially) poor person can be said to be a follower of Jesus. A rich person doesn't know him. He doesnt know any rich person. Yet people will die for their interpretation that allows for them to be rich and saved.

I'm just quoting a book but I believe the text is saying where the Paulicians were at the time, not where they originated.

Nice. Very well put. Eloquent but straight to the point

I would not equate dionysius with the gnostics. they are opposites imo. and they are not nessesarily hedonists.

But good video, already came across it

>gnosticism is the nihilistic glitch in the human consciousness that was created when the jews encountered greek culture.

This is important to clear up: Gnostics behaved in two polar opposites
1) antinomians without morals (cainites, bornorites, etc)
2) Puritan anti-natalists
3) something in between
While third is the right way obviously, the gnostic worldview doesn’t think in terms of behavior. It is intent that makes the difference. Also gnosis about the divine.

havent seen this movie. can i get a quick elaboration?

They spread because they only allowed one god, and purged the Greek gods. Rome allowed many, but in a monotheistic society, only one can remain. Look at Theodosius, the guy who banned the Olympics, destroyed Hellenic churches and so on, plus Christianity seemed more benevolent and more warm than the cruel, unforgiving gods who made you sacrifice so that you wouldn't be punished, but in the early days, if you were a good person in Christianity then you would be saved

are you the imperial cult fag that

Intent or better yet attitude -> love
Not all thought this, cainites are exceptional because they said Cain was the good guy, the movement died out quickly and had little following

Ok the idea was to show that jewish belief came from egyptions. Egyptions got there religon from trading, and watching the riase and fall of sumerian culture. Sumerians worked closest with "gods" who emparted is with these "entitys" we call gnoetice. They are away for use to gain better mind set at the cost of socail identy. To awaken we must exile.

Cathar sources

gnosis.org/library/cathtx.htm

Are you implying the Sumerian gods were actual beings? If yes, do you think they were Gnostics? Why? One god is reported as being worshipper of the sun or something like that. Anti-gnostic idea.

NeoPlatonist school in Alexandria is overthrown by the new Christian masses. The women is a philosopher and math teacher who discovers a formula for measuring that the earth is round and revolves around the sun. In the real story she is murdered and raped by the Jew-Christian leadership. I can't remember the ending of the movie.
This is the point where the Christians begin to kill philosophy and burn the book... hence the rise of gnosticism later on. After which gnostics are then attacked by the Vatican so they act like gentle victims to this day (freemasons/templar larping). But they're not.

I dont know what that means

that is a christian interpretation of european paganism and is false.

the question of god or gods in the christian sense never came up in those cultures in the same christian way.

they were not actually polytheistic. most of what we see as greek mythology today is really just like looking at the cover of a book.

the pagans of europe (and argueably all pagans) had their cultures centered around reincarnation.

HERETICS BE GONE

Hello, dear butthurt christian

bQJPxRk

I made a discord for my gnostic christian brothers. and any christian brothers who wish to talk about the scriptures.

Comments on this cap?
How much of a fuckup was christianity to Europeans?

I like the aesthetic of Catholic churches but their history isn't too pretty.

Did that demon always have a face on his butt? Seen this pic many times but never seen that....

Don't you have an image of Jesus dead to bow down to, or an appointment to literally eat his flesh and drink his blood, cannibal-vampire? Leave the actual Christ-lovers in peace, demon.

If they die and can hold there form in the after life. Then yes. They where far more advanced then we where. They biologicaly engneered up becuse they got lazy or where too big. They knew mining technics and came here looking and diging up gold. If You can hold your engery after leaving your body we call that spirts. Thoughs who stay have no idea what to do. Eninoki teach

It's a female power and anti catholic nonsense. as far as the movie goes its ok. judging by historical accuracy its horrible and onlu gets a few names right.

Sadly the United Kingdom has no competent British archaeologists.
No worries I will be Levitating my Heel Stone & Mishkan by Force.

List of last 12 Universal Magnetic Reversals (UMR)
Ages shown in Million years (Ma) before present

UMR - 0.000 Ma - 0.000 Ma - Krishna/Moses reversal
UMR - 0.000 Ma - 0.780 Ma - Brunhes/Matuyama reversal
UMR - 0.990 Ma - 1.070 Ma - Jaramillo reversal
UMR - 1.770 Ma - 1.950 Ma - Olduvai reversal
UMR - 2.140 Ma - 2.150 Ma - Laozi/Buddha reversal
UMR - 2.581 Ma - 3.040 Ma - Matuyama/Gauss reversal
UMR - 3.110 Ma - 3.220 Ma - Jesus/Muhammad reversal
UMR - 3.330 Ma - 3.580 Ma - Gauss/Gilbert reversal
UMR - 4.180 Ma - 4.290 Ma - Cochiti reversal
UMR - 4.480 Ma - 4.620 Ma - Nunivak reversal
UMR - 4.800 Ma - 4.890 Ma - Sidufjall reversal
UMR - 4.980 Ma - 5.230 Ma - Thvera reversal
UMR - 5.894 Ma - 6.137 Ma - Smith/Wally reversal

144,000 earths, 144,000 arks. It's this earth's turn.
Krishna/Moses reversal in fifteen (15) days.
UKSA & NASA's "Mishkan Mission":

1. Levitate Heel Stone
2. Levitate Mishkan
3. Spark the Ark

Levitating Heel Stone & Mishkan
Gravitation * Force = c^4
Sparking the Ark (tabernacle)
Gravitation * Power = c^5

YHWH Allah
(LORD God)

fuck sounds like a good movie thanks for the share!

>Jesus was joking when he said this is my body...

k

>How much of a fuckup was christianity to Europeans?
Picture 2000yrs of Communism.

>forbids child sacrifice
MUH NATURE
Neopagans are braindead

are you the fag that used to post under the name "the imperial cult" and tried to twist the bible to your own interpretation to slander the old testament.

That’s shit made up by some dude who wrote a book about it

>doesn't know shit about his own religion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transubstantiation
Official position of most churches is that it's literally his flesh and blood, cannibal-vampire.

cf 'Hymn of the Pearl', 'Allegory of the Cave'
cf Kundalini / Pneuma / Shaktipat

Archaeology? Alignments? Jews?

That’s absurd, never knew that

Go back to /x/
Eastern woo is not gnosticism

Considering the "gentle pagans in love with nature" hunted animals like the European lion to extinction so they could watch them fight in an arena and they had urbanization levels not seen again until the late 18th century. I'm going call bullshit.

>what is accident and substance

learn basic theology before commenting

wtf

youtube.com/watch?v=tIeEotdOVew

>The women is a philosopher and math teacher who discovers a formula for measuring that the earth is round and revolves around the sun.

>doesn't know plato's model supported geocentric cosmology
>doesn't know about the shield of Achilles
>doesn't know its the vatican jesuits that spread the idea that the earth is a round spinning ball revolving around the sun