Do you drop anime, or do you force yourself to finish every single thing that you started?

Do you drop anime, or do you force yourself to finish every single thing that you started?

for anime i usually stick it out to the end cos its only 12 episodes, 24 at worst
with manga i will drop if its absolute garbage

depends
if its really bad I'll drop it immediately, if its bad but still watchable i'll save it for a rainy day when I have nothing else to watch

I drop a show between 1-3 episodes, if I feel that it is not my kind of show. Pic related is every anime I ever dropped.

I drop it and shitpost about it while pretending I've watched it.

hmm, have a (You) I guess.

I drop shows unless they're short OVAs

I am not a quitter. I stick with it til the end.

I drop everything I start halfway through.

I used to stick with it, until I found out that shitty Youkai Apartment thing had more than 12 episodes. I can't fucking do it anymore.

I drop most of what I start. My attention span is fucking horrendous when it comes to watching things but with manga I always force myself to finish everything.

I always finish it, even if it takes me 4 years just to slog through 12 episodes.

>Cyber City Oedo 808
It's three (3) episodes

I'm not autistic enough to finish something I don't enjoy

Normally I finish everything but I still haven't finished sao season 2

/thread

Honestly, I watched episode 1 and then forgot about it for a few years. Added it to the dropped list, because I dont see myself picking it back up to finish it.

how did you drop something thats only 1 episode long

Depends on what you mean. If it is a movie, then I didnt like it and didnt go more than 30 min into it. I add those only so I could remember that I gave that thing a try.

I drop it when it just feels like a fucking drag watching it. This season I dropped 3piece when the shrine maiden loli was just causing unnecessary drama with everyone. Maybe it got better but I just got annoyed with her.

Anime is supposed to be a fun thing I do for entertainment. If I'm not enjoying something I have no qualms about dropping it and moving on to something different.

I watched every anime and read every manga in existence
I only shitpost

If it's bad i just watch it in 4x speed in case it ends up being good the last episode.

Depends if it's watchable, i'll finish it, however if it's really really bad, or i cant stomach it i'll drop it, same applies for manga. For anime, i think about 2~3 episodes in.

For manga, up to 10th chapters. I'm gonna be dropping Talentless Nana manga.

fpbp
Anything longer than the common 2 cour than I'm probably gonna drop. Such as serials.

>Aria
>Excel saga
>Lucky star
>Ippo
>Hidamari
>Hyouka
>Jojo part 4
>Love live
>Mushishi
>Non non Byori
>PSG
>Spice and wolf
>Shinsekai yori
>Space Dandy
>Toradora
>All dropped
Are you trying to piss off Sup Forums?

The only anime I have ever dropped is that Mahoujin Guru Guru remake that's currently airing.

i frocemyselftofinish everything,even if its physically painfull to watch,i will never be deeated by a chinese cartoon

1100+ completed, ~10 dropped. if i drop something i go back and watch it a few months/years later other than some irredeemable garbage

Gintama is the only show i've ever dropped. I honestly don't know why people like the show.

it gets good 70 episodes in, give it another try.

Imagine having taste this bad.

I skipped around and watched a few arcs athrogh and its garbage. The Saturday Night Live of anime.

through*

I drop, but not as much seasonal shit as I should. If I drop 4, I'll still finish 1 or 2 that feel like a chore every season.

Drop it then usually end picking it back up later

I drop what I don't like.

Drop
Usually 1/3's of the way through if I hate it.
If I enjoyed the start and reached around 2/3's or more, might as well finish it

I drop a series the second it rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure everyone else does too, they just don't call it being dropped. It's "under consideration" or whatever. By that logic, anything you stop watching shouldn't be classified that way, because you'll never know how your tastes will evolve. There's just no time to watch stuff you don't like. Watching all the anime would take about half of it.

My empty life forces me to finish anime.
It's never planned, it just happens. Even after i drop a show i just run out of content.
Sometimes i just que the whole series up and just let it run on the laptop next to my desktop work screen.
i dunno man
;_; help

This made my physically ill.

I never said I didn't like it, I just lost motivation to watch it.

Everything looked good but fuck u for dropping Non Non Biyori

>do you force yourself to finish every single thing that you started?
That was me when I was still in school. Anime was fresh to me, I haven't watched 1000 titles yet, and I had all the time in the world.

Nowadays I end up with only 1 or 2 shows per season after dropping everything else by the first episode.

I am always forcing myself to continue watching

It was so fucking boring. What the fuck is the point of that show? To show that country life is boring? Yeah, I know that. No reason at all to waste my time on Boring: The animation.

>point of that show?
Appreciating lolis and their moe cuteness

I used to do the "three episode rule", but after a while I think you learn to sense shitty ideas from the word go. Or maybe I'm just sick of anime tropes as a whole. In either case I'll drop after one episode usually, now.

>missing out on the most objectively comfy show in entertainment history
>didn't watch it with Sup Forums
NNB is mandatory viewing on this board.

>Appreciating lolis and their moe cuteness
If I wanted to do that, I would go open the private browser and read a god damn doujin,

>>missing out on the most objectively comfy show in entertainment history
I dont give a fuck about ''comfy''.
>>didn't watch it with Sup Forums
Didn't care enough to watch it.
>NNB is mandatory viewing on this board.
Says who?

>doujin,
Why settle for abstract unmoving black and white characters? that shit doesn't even have a voice or colour

he's baiting, stop replying

I dropped it because banal rural areas just don't do it for me. The girls weren't anything special except for that one autist. I figured it's just something for people who fantasise about the countryside.

I am not baiting. Just because I disliked NNB, doesn't mean that I am baiting.

I live in a countryside, and I feel the same way. It's an escapist show for people who live in the middle of detroit or tokyo.

that would be wrong
i live in a somewhat countryside too and i liked NNB
i don't think the target audience is for people who live in the middle of detroit or tokyo

Has to be pretty bad for me to drop it. They tend to be only a couple of hours long so normally by the time I've decided that I don't like it that much there's only ~2 more hours to go so I might as well just finish it and see if it redeems itself.

>SAO
Dropped at ep 6
>Youjo Senki
Around 4 or 5
>Aijin
Push myself to go through all s1 but couldn't bear to continiue with s2
>Ergo Proxy
Ep 10 zzzzzzz
>Umaru
Ep 9, wtf
>Tokyo Ghoul
Ep 3

There's sure more that i can't remember now

I think I've only dropped Tamako Market, coming off of the Chuunibyou high into TM was a real letdown, it might be good, I don't think I gave it a fair shot, but my experience with it was already marred so I'll likely never touch it again.

100% drop

Your dropped list could fill most of Sup Forums's 3x3 pics. Shame on you.

Drop

Do you also stay in abusive relationships?

I droped naruto and buritto. Tha manga is better.

>Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Around episode 6
>Lovely Complex
I was reading the manga. Dropped it when she confessed to him and he thought she was joking at the roof
>Aldnoah Zero
~ep. 19
>Steins;Gate
>But he's a boy
>Shingeki no Kyojin
ep. 1.
>WataMote
Got bored ~5 ep. in
>Jitsu wa watashi wa
Genderbender wolf
>Tokyo Ghoul:re
Chapter 39. Fucking terrible
>Onizuka
Was great in the beginning but got repetitive
>New Game!! Season 2
too much drama.

>Steins;Gate
>But he's a boy
He turns into a girl later so it's ok.

Traps are gay, disgusting and unfunny. Also a man turning into a woman is also gay. I dislike it.

They change history so he was always a woman so not gay.

>>Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
>Around episode 6
What was wrong with Parasyte?

Only thing I ever dropped was Sword Art Online S2.
I didn't know this at the time but it was the point before literal AIDS, so lucky me.

It depends really. I hated the first three episodes of Chuunibyou, but finished the whole series and I'm glad I did so. On the other hand, I dropped No Game No Life three minutes into the first episode.

At the park when MC and his GF got ganged up and he was held on the ground and the bad guys were fucking around with his GF, even though MC could fuck them up with his alien, he told the alien to not do anything and he got saved by his friends. I mean if the MC doesn't snap at that moment, then I don't care at all about how much of a psycopath he becomes later on.

I just stop downloading episodes. I don't even keep a dropped list anymore since the main cause for me to drop a show is that I forget about it.

>manually downloading episodes every week
>not just using RSS to automatically get the shows you like
Apply yourself

>dropping kill me baby
You monster.

Most of the time if it's bad, I'll save it and then watch it when I inevitably get a fever when the seasons change. Watching Ninja Slayer and Hajimete no Gal while sick is an experience. You're too weak and lazy to get up and grab the remote, so all you can do is scream and wonder how such shit shows ever got produced. Plus you can sleep and not miss anything while the shows act as background noise.

If I'm not interested this week I don't download episodes. Why would I keep things I'm not going to watch? That's why some of you guys end up watching bad anime because since you downloaded it then you must watch it.

If I don't like something after three episodes I just shelve it deeper into my backlog and give it another try once I've watched more animu so I can appreciate it better. Happened to me recently with Habib Renmei.

How stupid are you? He knew that the alien hand would slice those people into pieces, and possibly kill every other witness in the are (his gf for example). That would make him a mass-
murderer, a fuguitive and all that bad shit. What did you expect? for him to turn into to turn into an edgy, ragin monster and kill all of the patheric punks in the area?
TL;DR: It is a good thing that you dropped Parasyte, because you are too stupid to keep watching that show. Go watch something thats for teen edgelords, such as yourself. Tokyo ghoul for example?

>Teenager gets superpowers
>not expecting him to fuck shit up

The countryside life is where you learn to appreciate simple things, and where values, traditions and the sense of community are preserved, whereas life on the big city destroys any identity or sense of group anyone might have.
Non Non Biyori isn't the only anime to explore this theme, but as it has cute girls doing cute things and as a result bunch of scenes which make you feel fluffy inside, it ends being a very enjoyable view to most of Sup Forums.

I think that's a CGDCT show with a nice theme and message, and has enjoyable characters(espcially Ren-chon). The reason people enjoy It has less to do with escapism and more to do with the message being a very truthful one.

I'm almost split down the middle (~210 : ~210) for completed titles and dropped according to mal.

I'm just not gonna waste my time on shit I don;t enjoy or find interesting

I drop things I don't like and finish anime I do like. I watch anime because I want to so I don't really see a reason to stick with anime that I don't enjoy. I would probably drop less if I didn't pick up a handful of anime originals or borderline interesting adaptations each season, but I prefer to try and drop a few shows as opposed to catch up on the one that turned out good later.

Not only I do not drop anything but I also always rewatch everything at least once right after finishing it to make sure I understand it better, even the most iredeemable trash

Some of my worst memories are rewatching Itazura no Kiss, fucking hate that show

rate my autism

I force myself to endure unlike everything else in my life. Though now I find myself to be quite picky which kind of sucks.

Is this bait?

Again, parasyte is a smart show. If you want some random edgy teens fucking shit up, then go watch tokyo ghoul or shit like that.

But it is so fucking boring. Literally nothing ever happens: the anime. Would have been a fucking waste of time to watch it,

Nice recommendations

I always drop an anime just before the last episode, even if I liked it. Don't know why.

Fuck off, like it or not, this is my dropped list.

I only have one life to live, and anime is already a waste of time. I can force myself to sit through movies because that's only an hour or two, but wasting 8+ hours on a shitty series waiting for it to get better really just strikes me as autistic.

You can watch a couple dozen animus, and it'll be basically the same as watching a hundred of them because it's all formulaic garbage.

Its because you fear closure, user.

I don't drop anime, I just put them on indefinite hold.

Either I drop it within the first five minutes, or I watch the whole season.

>5 cm/s

I drop many nowadays because I have almost seen every good anime.

I've dropped like 60 Annie mays

>liking Takagi

Godammit /m/

If its plot driven series and I've gone halfway trough im probably going to continue.
If its some self-contained sol episode like maid dragon I dont mind dropping it the moment it gets boring since theres no reward for watching it as a series. Fucking christmas episode.