"show takes 20 episodes before it gets good"

>"show takes 20 episodes before it gets good"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J5mqA__bjHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It didn't even get good by episode 80.

>OP won't stop sucking dicks.

I bet the first 20 are actually funny if you or any of your parents is asian. I still wouldn't skip them, comedy gold comes up once or twice per episode.

>longform storytelling doesn't reveal all it's cards at the beginning

This isn't a bad thing.

Stop watching media like its a bag of chips.

ah, a food analogy. i guess i love gintama now.

It was good from episode 3, you guys are just cunts about any anime that gets any sort of hype anymore.

20 eps is nothing for some shows.
It's like saying Eromanga Sensei gets good after the A part of ep 1. Though that's an obvious lie.

>food analogy
alright then. imagine being served up a four course meal, but the first two courses are awful. by the time the good courses come out your appetite has already been spoiled.

Good thing that's not the case here, then.

we're not talking about sports anime you fucktard

The first episode I would say a normalfag would enjoy is the mosquito lady one. I think that's episode 14 or something.

Yes we are.

I think I read like 25 chapters of the manga before I dropped it for being nonsense trash.

>Be a fifthy anime only fag

>Impying the problem isn't it beijg shit but "not revealing all it's cards right away"

A good show would do that without being shit. You're literally in the level of 2deep4u fags.

Shiki took a lot of time for it to build up. It took precisely 18 episodes for it to get good.

But good god when it does it's beyond worth it.

Shiki was good since the start.

I hate that the "if it isn't my thing it's shit" mentality has become the norm for people nowadays. I don't get it.

>20 eps
One piece prologue takes 11 volume and based on experience introducing it to myself and my friends it took 9 volume (arlong arc) before it gets you or get good.
Thankfully the anime is actually plenty charming from beginning and kinda get suck later especially after thriller bark and it get that 1 chapter per episode thing

forgot my pic

Tbh Gintama was really hard for me to get into. Then something happened and suddenly it became comedy gold. Followed by another dosage of blandness which made me drop it. I'll pick it up eventually tho.

Most people think that about Gintama too. It gets better as it goes on, but it's still pretty entertaining from the start.

>when strawhats formed

Nah, Gintama is trash from start to finish.

>double quoting
Fuck off

>finish

This is bait

You're not even trying to have a discussion anymore are you?

Yeah agree

Only the final arc is shit. It was a mistake

>pretty entertaining from the start.
The manga? not so much
The anime? if you have enough "powerlevel", yes.
It's something that being used as a test in my old circle, if you understand gintama anime enough to laugh at it, you're an otaku.

Clearly a trap. For as we all know anime never gets good.

What if you're not 13 years old anymore?

>being otaku
more on this realization really

Well, yeah. Most anime are geared towards otaku, and Gintama doesn't have many really obscure references so you just need to have been semi-active in watching anime some time in the past decade.

Ep 1: 2d 4h 29m

The sixth season of Gintama.

dis gun be good

I don't like your "he doesn't like what I like, obviously he can't have any valid critisicm and must be a cynical idiot" mentality

Shitama was never good

You didn't criticize anything, you just said it was shit. And I didn't think you were a cynical idiot, but I'm starting to.

well back then we haven't have that many "otaku geared anime" that is otaku geared because it contain shitloads of reference. Ever since hayate there are shitsloads of them now
Gintama is the baseline we use backthen since like you said, it shows that you have semi active on consuming japanese anime, manga, and agems.

>anime main theme : comedy
>the serious arcs are unironically the best in the series

I was responding to presumably (you) implying that not liking the first 20 episodes must be because the viewer doesn't get the show, not because of bad pacing. I didn't critize anything because I didn't even talk about the fucking show, I was talking about people like you instantaneously thinking that every criticism of what they like is a result of the viewer not getting that, incapable of acknowledging valid critisicm. Same goes for acknowledging good parts of shows one doesn't like.

That wasn't me.

20 out of over 300, so over 90% is good-great, that's an A

Then at least read what I was replying to before answering, faggot.

>any episode without pic related
>its shit

>awful
that is incredibly subjective
You can give the same menu to the same people and get a different reaction.

>Using the highschool grading system

I did. I made a general statement based off your post. It's not fucking rocket science.

Too bad it was specifically directed at what I wrote and didn't make any sense. Better luck next time.

It's great from ep. 3 itself. A lot of great moments within 25 episodes.
The people saying that should go watch something on their own level, like SAO or fucking Trashmanga-sensei.

It was directed at a larger topic that was present in your post. Are you retarded or just trolling?

I could ask you the same thing. It wasn't present in my post because I wasn't even fucking talking about the show; how the fuck is there a connection to failing to give criticism ? Learn hoe to read.

>Learn hoe to read
Yep. I'm done here.

episode 40.

Always drop a show if it doesn't get your attention by episode 3

>THAT'S RIGHT I AM AN IMBECILE

Pic unrelated

It's good from episode 3

It is not god-tier, but I enjoyed it from ep 3. That's all that matters

>only get interesting 70 episodes in

Wrong. Current serious arcs are bad

Too good for Sup Forumsnos

Gintama is trash when it tries to be serious

See, it was decent but mostly refreshing since episode 1. Then you watched two more chapters and find it that compared to other anime this was worth it. Suddenly, despite not being that good, you already watched 20 episodes and it feels comfy. And then you reach the first serious arc and the quality got so good you are happy you keep watching it without expecting too much.
I don’t mind people who drops it but calling the first episodes bad is stupid. The first episodes are bad compared to the second half of first season and yet those are endearing for what they meant to be.

His live action actor got such a facial bone structure.

Eh, it's better than the first two episodes, but it's still painfully mediocre. It does some decent world building, but the humor which is the main attraction at that point is very constrained and different from what it would be later.

Nah. There are references even in the early episodes, like the ending of the first two parter where the guest becomes a singer and the time machine joke, but they aren't very good jokes in the first place.

>Show takes 82 episodes before it gets good

>Show takes two guidebooks to get better, and still the manga is shit.

>painfully mediocre
Compared to what?
I know some people don’t like that type of comedy but the humor is the same, but they got more freedom to show it when the anime turned real popular.

why are you so butthurt about it?
I know a lot of fags need to have some perfect system using some three ep rule or whatever but unfortunately Gintama is just the case where you have to watch some shit to get to 200+ episodes of the best comedy in anime.

Considering 99% of Jap comedy is shit, I'm willing to rough it through the beginning.

it actually took me 201 episode to realize it's the best and after rewatching the first season i realized it was good from the beginning but i didn't understand most of the jokes

the last series arc was the worst arc in the sow

wrong pic

You mean Courtesan of a nation? Or after Farewell Shinsengumi?

currently at 38 and it's already good but not a masterpiece for sure

i meant Battle on Rakuyo Arc

>show gets good after the best character dies

What did he mean by this

How in the actual fuck this guy doesn't rank above that faggot Takasugi, Okita and Hijikata in the popularity poll is beyond me

>manga takes 80 volumes before it gets good

I don’t get why Takasugi and Kamui are always in the top 10, they are the most boring and plain shonen characters.

it gets good after 25 eps.
It gets GREAT after 70.

>everyone says show takes a while to get good
>it's actually good from the start

Gintama never got good.
Only MALtards enjoy it.

It encapsulates the permacancer quality of LOLRSORANDUMB summershits of the late 00s perfectly.

actually the start pretty plain, to me it gets better around episode 40 onward

Nah.

The drama is mostly formulaic tearjerker bullshit where somebody is tragically misunderstood and Gintoki is the only person who understands. Gintama is a good comedy, but when serious it's meh.

SKET Dance is a better series unironically.

Hijikata is too good to bully. I agree with you and love Katsura more but this guy just strokes my sadism too much.

>Considering 99% of Jap comedy is shit
I like how it's always americans saying this

japan loves edgy bad boys

Japanese "comedy" whether it's in their cultural context or as simple of a fart joke, they love ANNOUNCING that it's a joke.

West:
>fart
>the fuck

East
>fart
>Oh god this so embarssing how am I ever gonna recover it's going to smell and cause an awkward situation, this is awkward someone please kill me blah blah blah.

Stop browsing LoGH threads user

Somehow I like the later more.
You can take this much of watching sassy poker faced sarcastic pricks. I prefer when people are loosing their shit.

That doujin was hot

>Missing the point

I'm not talking about reactions, I'm talking about the lovely fact they LOVE to explain why the situation is humorous in the dialogue itself like the auidence was a bunch of idiots... which is probably true.

Its just a fact on the basis of demographics.
Blacks are just funny fucking people and the blacks + entertainment focus of America just makes it the funniest culture as the present moment.

Even if you think black stand up is repetitive as fuck, the fact that they are so popular just raises the competition and forces other comedians to try harder.
In Japan your competition is literally just "WHY JAPANESE PEOPLE???!!!"

People who go through hardships are the funniest comedians, such as Louis CK or Bill Burr. Sure we can talk all day how they are "cucks" or have dumb politics, but me being far from their politic views laugh my ass off at their jokes.

I don't think Japan has that really, even Tomoko felt like some normie's perspective on what an emo girl acts like.

Louis CK? Went through hardships? Don't exaggerate

It's obvious he has been JUSTED during parts of his life, maybe not as bad as Bill Burr, cause Jesus I have literally cried a bit from learning about that man.

youtube.com/watch?v=J5mqA__bjHI

>it actually does

>People are ready for new season

Nice

Then Americans are right about something for once. Asian humor is just less developed, it's a cultural thing. Too much reliance on puns.