Other urls found in this thread:

dic.pixiv.net/a/結婚式が来い
desuarchive.org/a/thread/147689647/
desuarchive.org/a/thread/157778233
desuarchive.org/a/thread/160092432
desuarchive.org/a/thread/156812908
desuarchive.org/a/thread/147689647/#q147689738
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How should I go about getting better at redrawing? This (imgur.com/a/Mj6Rb) edit blew my fucking mind. All of my redraws are covered with text, yet this guy just casually redrew a third of a panel with nothing over it and it looks great, and this was apparently done in like 3 hours at most, assuming he started working on .it as soon as the page was posted.

Donations were a mistake.

>What are you working on?
A way to quit without causing too much butthurt.

Learn how to use pen and clone stamp tool effectively.

This, plus paintbrush, dodge and burn and blur and sharpen.

>blur and sharpen.
I rarely do these two unless doing color pages. Could an user who did this please make a recording of himself making edits next time?

Just do a crappier job than usual that's more late every chapter and wait to be kicked

This is NOT okay.

Just tell them you quit, that's it. What's the big deal?

Just stop replying all together, that's how most people quit online "commitments"

>What are you working on?
Ebj ripper when

The guilt, it hurts my kokoro so much.

Best thing you could do would be to find a replacement, what's your part? If you're a translator it might be hard for them but meh give them a last gift of an extra chapter or so in that case?

How useful is Topaz tools?
Should I start using it?

Unless it's gotten much better only use it on bad raw or speed scans

Only if you're working with terrible magazine scans. But if you're translating eromanga/doujin, or digital manga then you don't want to use it.

You shouldn't use anything but Topaz. If you Topaz enough, you won't even need to redraw.

When I want to drop stuff I make sure to tell the others exactly after a chapter has been done. That way they have a full month to find a replacement.

>when you boke at at a person from Kansai, they can't help but tsukkomi

If it was just text without a bubble, you could just clean it up as you can partly see whats below but here you have no idea what is below that bubble.
The answer is: Just pull out your imagination combined with your artistry talent and start cloning/penning/drawing.
P.S. I don't have those.

How do you translate things that don't have english equivalents?

The bottom is something of a meme said when you see a couple so cute you want them to marry
dic.pixiv.net/a/結婚式が来い
There's no english equivalent other than 'get married you two', but that would make the next text bubble confusing as that person talking don't know that meme.

Whoops my bad, it's just said when you a ridiculously cute couple.
Still I feel like the marriadge aspect might be lost 'literally' in translation

>the english language has devolved to the point where people put quotes around "literally" when it's actually used correctly

Your best bet would probably be to transliterate it, and add a note explaining the phrase's meaning.

>Your best bet would probably be to transliterate it, and add a note explaining the phrase's meaning.

I assumed as much thank you

>find love lab translations
>the g/a/y team did it

>P.S. I don't have those.
Me neither. But I can mostly guess what a thing is and what it's supposed to look like even with pretty hard redraws, but no way I'd be comfortable with no text over it. This guy must have done some magic. I keep looking at it and thinking that, as I am, I literally wouldn't be able to it no matter how long I tried.

>gay team translating het
what has this world come to

memes

I'm a bit afraid someone has been doing this to me.

How is the raw holocaust treating you

Good cause I buy the volumes

Is anyone scanning Dark Horse releases?

That's actually a shitty redraw. Not only did he add unnecessary blurring to his edited portions, but his lines are also far too thick in comparison to the rest of the image. For manga redraws, all you need is the magnetic lasso and clone tools.

Go ahead and post your hard redraws without text covering it. The two things you mentioned stand, but no way I'd ever call this shitty. It's still very good.

It's not a hard redraw and if your lines look out of place, it's shit.

Where are new chapters of Hibiki - autistic genius writer and Mizukami's wacky siblings?

Will scanlators of these ever continue?
desuarchive.org/a/thread/147689647/
desuarchive.org/a/thread/157778233
desuarchive.org/a/thread/160092432
desuarchive.org/a/thread/156812908
and/or upload it on batoto/etc?

check madokami

>desuarchive.org/a/thread/157778233
Does mangabox simply delete the links to past chapters visually or does they make them unresolvable (even if I try to access every url by incrementing the chapter id value)? Or does a mangabox ripper exist? Way too busy to make one atm.

And why exactly would you do this? Just to draw a tit? What about the text in that bubble?

>desuarchive.org/a/thread/157778233
This isn't even listed on goddess

Topaz is roughly the equivalent to digital raws if you have a competent person who can level properly and also not be afraid of using the midtone slider.

Sometimes you can get really close to digital raws.

>Topaz is roughly the equivalent to digital raws
Stop scanlating immediately. Spreading the digital of equivalent of vaseline over everything, obliterating the linework and turning every screentone into a gradient does not make something as good as digital raws.

Topaz Denoise/Clean is a bunch of algorithms that destroys detail if used incorrectly. It can be a godsend as well.

It's only used really on magazine raws where it's basically toilet paper, or used on tank raws sparingly to clean the dirt/grime under screentones.

Most popular mangas that are released weekly most definitely use Topaz Denoise/Clean. If the manga was originally made in digital to begin with anyways, Topaz probably makes it look close to as if it were digitally to begin with. Of course, this doesn't work with manga that have a clear aesthetic to look more traditional and it will completely ruin everything.

almost every scan group uses Topaz because it's not like your hard manual work is any different when you scale it down to 1000-1200p anyways.

I wish every group just used physical scans instead of freeloading on some public digital raws and asking for donations

Physical scans look like shit in general, even for tanks.

I use digital for the color pages and physical scans for the b&w pages.

>b-but m-muh dirty newspaper detail in anything that isn't pure black or white must be kept in
nothing about this looks good.

This came up in the last Jitsu thread and I promised them I'd ask so here I am.

If you haven't been following, Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa is quickly coming to an end. We'll be done in November. If anyone wants to step on for the short time between now and then to help redraw, we could stop releasing un-redrawn chapters for the last 8 chapters.

If anyone's interested let me know.

Digital raws tend to be pretty shitty and blurry so I agree with this post.

Good ts

>take shitty scan
>do shitty job leveling it
wow it's shit

i dont get it. this is the equivalent of using post-processing anti-aliasing on your vidya. it just blurs the fuck out of things.
enjoy your artwork the way it was created you autist

>Wild Words
Actually...

What does physical vs digital have to do with topaz?

>no solid black
>dust
>blurry
>jpg artifacts
Nice.

>scale it down to 1000-1200p anyways
>tfw you release shit at 3000 px
If you niggers want to hold back quality by releasing at sub 2000 px, go ahead, but I will keep fighting as hard as I can for as long as I can to offer something better.
I don't even care that normies use mangafox or other leech sites. As long as there's places like Batoto, I will keep releasing at 3000 px.

That's a digital raw and the people behind the digital release couldn't even be bothered to have solid blacks.

That's a thing I've been noticing in America and Japan. Do they do this shit on purpose or is it because their printers will automatically assume Black because the range is close enough?

I've never seen 3000px releases before. Mind throwing a link over to me, kind user?

Would you release 2000p+ using shitty magazine raws? If the answer is yes, you're retarded.

The link is some private dropbox/google drive with 1200px scans

Imo all this effort is better spent on tankoubon instead of shitty magazines

>is it because their printers will automatically assume Black because the range is close enough?
Who the fuck is supposed to be printing digital raws? The entire point is to read them on your phone, they're not doing it to give you better quality shit to translate from.

very small chance it could be a colour space conversion issue or they might just be trying to save ink.

Any scanned doujin/tank at sadpanda

This

Honestly it all comes down to the raws' quality.
If you have to deal with pic related, you absolutely want to downscale the shit out of it so it won't look like complete shit.

I'm neglecting my releases and spend all my time doing commissions instead because I'm poorfag and need the money.
Also because I'm tired of having to look for new staff all the time.

Newbie here. When I downscale my magazine raws from 300dpi to something like 200dpi (around 2000px), I get this weird lines that I assume is happening because it isn't an even scale for screentones which fucks it all up.

What do I do then? I see that online guides recommend 1200p to 1400p because the resolution is small enough that it completely makes it disappear, but what if I run into these issues again with Tank raws but want to release at high resolutions? Do I just bite the bullet and accept that that is what will happen?

as someone who's not into chinese cartoons and just stumbled on this thread

>digital halftoning
like, why?

>Imo all this effort is better spent on tankoubon instead of shitty magazines
This is it right here. Magazine scans are for speedscan epeen donations.

Why would halftones being digital or physical change their purpose in greyscale comics? Keep moving, pardner.

This is why all early raws should all be limited in resolution
Remember what happened to 10thmystery

i read digital RAWs here and assume that they're direct-from-publisher files - why wouldn't those be halftoned?

>yfw the publisher is clearly screaming to you to buy the tank

>why would* those be halftoned

How can they get away with this?

I think i'll help upload these to Batoto, they're nowhere to be found.
Also, did any other chapters of Write Sisters get done or just these?

anyone?

desuarchive.org/a/thread/147689647/#q147689738

Fuck, this sucks, I can't rip this page because it's image server is down. How long is that usually?

Oh right those're my manga. Uhhh, new chapter or mizukami isn't out yet and I have to edit the scripts for ch 23 and 24

Been able to work on Sentou Hakai Gakuen more or no?

I don't work on that. Already have a Yoko series under my belt I should be finishing

Oh, that dancing manga?
Ok, my bad I mixed you up for my typesetter that helps me.
I think he works on Hibiki which you translate.

Are you cleaning the image, or just resizing it raw?

Hm. My typesetter died for sesuji anyways, so not like that's going anywhere either.

You should post the translations for those last 3 (4?) chapters anyway.
I'm sure someone could help you with that.

Only 2 proper chapters left. I really should finish that shit.

Yeah man, get it done with.
Maybe the guy that helps scanlate Yoko's new soccer manga in Batoto could help you out.

Need to go find my raws. I hope they're still around

Fingers crossed, man.

Batoto died again.

I had always thought that they had a hell of a lot of anti-DDoS protection. Do they not?

good

That's an issue with the scanner, I have the same problem.

yuri stuff

So what do we do to fix that? Scan at higher resolutions or what?

I don't see that issue on the original scan, though.

Take a closer look.

Friend lives in Japan and he just bought the Japanese equivalent to an Epson v39 scanner a week ago to scan this.

So should he return his scanner, then?

Nope, a ton of scanners have this issue. That's why people use Topaz, fixes the issue and you never see it.