Why do japan love using words from Norse mythology so much?

Why do japan love using words from Norse mythology so much?

they use everything because it's a market oversatured with not very talented writers

Who doesn't love mythology in general?

Because western mythology is mysterious and cool but common enough plebs can think "I understood that reference! I'm well read!"
The same doesn't apply to westerners because we are ignorant and don't give a shit.

the shit are you talking about, westerners are the worst offenders of being pseudo intellectual faggots who think they know literally everything, especially about asia because they saw a jacke chan movie

probably because any kind of norse mythology is new to japs and their isolationist schools where you literally learn nothing of the outside world

>westerners are the worst offenders of being pseudo intellectual faggots who think they know literally everything
How often do you see specific western names, characters, and weapons used in eastern media?
How often do you see specific eastern names, characters, and weapons in western media? You usually just get generic katanas or some shit.

all the fucking time?

a handful of movies in the west vs...
Just about every single fucking videogame, a shitton of anime, probably in their normal media too but I don't understand japanese.

It's funny that you had to post literally asian references and chinese box office bait: the movie to try to diprove my point because you know how rare random miscellaneous eastern references are compared to random miscellaneous western referees are in the east.

Because, western mythology sounds so exotic and cool to them. So writers namedrop the same tired mythological names without intending to do anything deeper with it.

does, not do, ESL-kun.

because Japanese mythology and its related bestiary are unepic and shit

who gives a fuck about kappa when you have wyverns?

who gives a fuck about karakasa when you have manticora?

who gives a fuck about red-skinned puffy-cheeked silly-horned oni when you have hellish fire demons fighting against archangels?

>westerners never do it
>okay they do it but not as much
while we're at it can I point out that as a european I don't want american lardpigs stealing my culture in their shows and video games
they should go and make stuff based solely on american culture

Quote where I said westerners never do it?
I actually feel sorry for you, you made a reading comprehension mistake and got asshurt over it.

>as a European
Why do eurofags do this?
You don't even agree with each other on small issues, stop acting like you're all of a sudden a cohesive entity as soon as you want to talk down to America.

While you're at it, stop fucking copying our trends you impressionable little shits.

>western mythology is mysterious and cool but common enough plebs can think "I understood that reference! I'm well read!"
>The same doesn't apply to westerners because we are ignorant and don't give a shit.
there it is little nigger boy, now if you mind stop stealing my culture just to appear well read among your other pleb lardasses
and america is supposed to be cohesive now? I'm pretty sure you're all still sperging out about the some fat dude with an anime haircut
what trends? the cultural marxism and racemixing? yeah I'd love if we dropped those american trends to be fair

All that means is that eastern culture knowledge isn't common enough to understand most eastern references so it's done nearly as much as the reverse.
You must be ESL

>that backpedaling
just deal with lardass, you're the worst offenders of taking other cultures and reducing them into pleb level pseudointellectual shit

They use greek/roman myths all the time too.

Also persian religion is very popular, buddhist stuff I won't mention because it's just a norm for them.

>They use greek/roman myths all the time too
Everyone uses greek myths all the time.
They're like the second most overused mythology to celtic

any kind of mythology that's on an epic scale with lots of cool monsters, legendary weapons and beautiful people appeal to chunnis

It's not backpedaling when I clarify that you misinterpreted what I posted you fucking idiot.
>Snakes are poisonous
>HURR DURR NOT ALL SNAKES ARE POISONOUS!
>Relax nigger I didn't mean all of them
>HAHA BACKPEDALLING BTFO!
Practice your english before trying to beat people with semantics.

"snakes are poisonous" does imply that all snakes are poisonous, otherwise you'd say "some snakes are poisonous"
so you just can't speak english, just as expected from some amerifat nigger

Because they love Skyrim and the Thor movies.

Snakes aren't even poisonous, they're venomous.

>muh semantics
Like I said, learn more english

calling semantics isn't really an insult when you actually can't speak properly
another prime example of amerifats trying to act uppity when they're being retards, it must feel really awful if your only achievement is speaking your native and you can't even do that one right

This nigger hasn't used capitalization this entire thread and he thinks he can say anything about english

hey you might not be able to form coherent thoughts in your native but at least you use grammar, more or less
I guess you can be proud of that

It sounds cool

Style

Because of an extensive PR effort in the 19th century to be seen as and (to a certain extent) see themselves as honorary Europeans