18if

>18if - 13 [720p]
Last episode, time to fuck with eve.

Char getting extra hyped on eve awakening.

>muh purity
Pottery.

This is how you defeat evie-chan.

Fucking Gonzo.

I'll miss it

Sasuga.

This is one weird final battle.I'm already missing this stuff.

Yooooo.

Great finale,laughed my way all through the episode.Whoever wrote this should do more.

> Twincest ending
I mean. Technically. If you consider the origin story it's the very first brother/sister relationship.

>Eve
>pure
What about Cain and Abel?

Gonzo went maximum overquality on that first scene, holy shit. It was like the show was shifting art styles before my eyes.

He really looks like him

>the final boss was an angry feminist
>the world is saved by girls' talk
>yuri is killed
Holy fuck what an insane ride. AOTS, not a shred of doubt about it.
I was worried that the finale would be disappointing, but 18if avoided the bane of most episodic shows: it managed to keep the plot part completely in line with the episodic stuff and even made fun of its own plot.

When I heard his voice in the first scene he appeared, I thought "this is motherfucking char", same seiyuu?

> Hey. What are you doing, Eve?
> Practicing Zeon *drops colony ship of Lillies on humanity*
> SUBARASHI!

I was expecting to be thoroughly underwhelmed by the finale. I should have known better than to doubt Gonzo.

I'll miss it.

>>yuri is killed
Based Gonzo

Nice collage, I dont think I could find another series with interconnected plot between the episodes but with this diverse art styles and vibe, maybe there are around but probably in short story format with no relation to each other.

>averting the destruction of the world by talking the god-like being out of it

His face, this whole episode. What a ride this was.

He turned into Hurr-to in that scene.

>hold the fuck up

>What do you mean?

So who the fuck was he? Adam?

>adam

"play the mobage".

???
You mean in history?

Adam and Eve were both created directly by God. Then there's the thing about one of Adam's ribs being used as a basis for Eve

So what is behind the white doors?

Ok I can't read properly.
But are they related in the show?

Haven't watched it yet. Did they explain Lily's actual role and ?

>Did they explain Lily's actual role
Yes.
>and ?
No.

Heaven. ;_;

Should be. Lily (who was a manifestation of Eve before eating the fruit of knowledge) constantly called him onii-chan (Fused Eve also did that)
And they seem to be saying the book of Genesis happened in the show, so why wouldn't they be related here too?
That dude isn't explained. Lily is a manifestation of Eve as she was on the Garden of Eden before eating the Fruit of Knowledge

I just finished this, I'm so happy I watched this series. Wild ride of the season and an unexpectedly brilliant finale:
>throws Church of Char out as soon as the episode begins
>expecting the final boss to do final boss things
>turns out to be a very angry and ancient tumblrina
>turns the climax on it's head to do some meta-commentary on the expectations of virtue placed on women
>girls do grilly talk to save the fucking world
>twincest/masturbation followed by End of Yuri
>rotten lilies litter Tokyo
>Dr. Zetsubo never appears again (God?)
>sleepy man dies (expulsion from the Garden of Eden?)
>witchy witch throws a casual "hey was sleepy man Adam lol?"

Was this the best episode of the series? I wasn't expecting this to be so good.

> Girl talk saves the world
I spat out my coffee at the final boss fight.
>"Boys ruined everything."
>"No wait eevee, boys are actually pretty great. See?"
>"Hmmph I GUESS"

>I will liberate wymin with my stronk independence
>umm, sweetie Eve, that already happened?
Based Gonzo.

It felt kind of awkward to have the CG witch from episode 7 talking about how Haruto personally saved her when he basically did jack shit for her in that episode. He was mostly just along for the ride as far as I remember.

Well I didn't expect to like that last episode but I did.
Most people would probably be disappointed because of the lack of a final fight but I prefer an unusual end over the generic final battle unless it is an action shounen in the first place.

I kinda want more experimental series like this one.

>He was mostly just along for the ride as far as I remember.
I feel you, user. Also ice skating witch and mute weren't exactly part of MC's harem.

Group therapy will save the world.

>So what is behind the white doors?
Individuation and happiness just in time before death.

>The individuation process begins with becoming conscious of the Persona, the mask we take on in our every day life. After this we become conscious of the Shadow, the repressed characteristics of the ego. Then we become conscious of the Anima, the inner woman in each man, or the Animus, the inner man in each woman. Then the image of the old wise man, or the old wise mother appears, after which the experience of the Self happens. These phases are not necessarily chronological in order or separated from each other. They can overlap each other or run parallel.

Haruto was not the Jungian psychotherapist, he was the patient.

Keep in mind this is exactly what the Church of the Thorn Cross was promising: Eve did take Haruto out of this mess.

Yuri shall conquer the Earth!

I doubt they knew the plot of those episodes too well when they were writing the ending, given that they seem to have been written by other people with the basic premise given to them.

/u/ BTFO again

B-but the sluts won, user. It's a pyrrhic victory.

>lack of a final fight
What lack? It was the best boss fight ever animated.

>Dies

dropped

Well, not really, I mean, And Haruto didn't take her purity either, because they're siblings for fuck's sake and this isn't Oreimo.

>not really
Lilyeve just undivided herself.

>they're siblings for fuck's sake
But they're husband and wife for GOD's sake.

While some might take a piss on the possibility of deep (or pseudo intellectual) stuff that might be or not in an anime series but this extra information is what I like when joining a thread or watching a series, just some probably not useful stuff to read and go "huh,that exist".

God can go fuck himself (I hope he's a little girl though) for outcasting them. They can decide for themselves. Plus it seems like in this particular universe they didn't have to procreate to create humanity since it's all their dream or something.

I admit I didn't give this enough thought, but oh well.

>church of char
Its nice to see the crazy one got it first, instead of enjoying the suffering of others and be the last one.

I don't think the authors necessarily thought it out that far, but the theory sounds plausible.

>the_city_of_/u/.jpg

Based as fuck. GODNZO does it again.

>God can go fuck himself (I hope he's a little girl though) for outcasting them.

>Be god
>Make some things, call them hoomans or whatever
>Tell them "You can do whatever the FUCK you want, just don't eat this apple"
>Man follows suit pretty easily
>Woman though falls for the stupidest trick in the book
>She eats it like a dumbass
>Uses her new found power of pussy to convince the man to eat it
>Alright, well this is all your fault, so I'm kicking you out, and because you were the one who did this, I'm gonna make it so you're more subservient to man to help him not fall for that shit again
>Woman: "This is bullshit! All men are pigs! I dindu nuffin! I'll just kill everyone then! God sucks! I hate you God!"
This is probably the most realistic depiction of women I've ever seen to be honest.

>the final boss was an angry feminist
I found her motivations really amusing. She doesn't actually care about women's rights or anything, she just sees women being equal to or above men as a massive fuck you to God.

His ghost waifu.

Selfcest is the best. I wish she'd kept the Lily form, though.

So now there's only 1 question left
OST WHEN
S
T

W
H
E
N

>mfw onii-chan
>Haruto was Adam all along
Holy fuck what an ending. AOTS for me.

For me it was Guru Guru, it's just the better show with some clever structuring that elevates the source material. But 18if is certainly the hidden gem of the season, solid recommendation from me now that it's over. Hell, even shows like PriPri try to be episodic and try to have a plot yet fail miserably, this just nailed the conclusive finale without feeling rushed or stupid. I didn't believe this was possible but holy shit Gonzo did it.

So, eh, what happened to the doctor? The one voiced by Kamiyan that looked evil and was "taking care" of Haruto?

>TOP 10 anime battles
Fucking AOTS, no contest here.

Either a red herring (like Char) was, an anthropomorphised symbol of the expectations placed on women (like Char) or literally God (like Char Aznable in the Gundam franchise).

SUBARASHI

user, it's not particularly deep and not pseudo-intellectual either, it's just that the psychoanalysis of Freud, as well as Jung's, are huge influences on anime, well anime writers and directors that is. GAINAX created a character named after both for crying out loud.

The people with animalistic, "dark" desires in a hugely repressive society, and who can't have nice things described in Civilization and its Discontents is a perfect account of the Japan you've seen denounced and satirized endless times in your Sup Forums experience, and not just in Shimoneta. No wonder anime writers would relate to it.

But will there be lewds?

>666
Fuck off snake, also he's dead.

No wonder she has a church devoted to her.

>varying degrees of WAT

The greatest thing isn’t destroying the world, it’s showing the God that I did.

Needs a fedora half slipping down her face and that quote in the same image.

So what was the accident that caused Haruto's coma?

You do it.

C-can the witch of spoon feeding get me a transparent background of cat-sensei?

Truck-kun as usual.

>The Annunciation painting
I-I don't get it.

I just rewatched episode 7. God this show is so criminally underrated. It will also not be successful at all, it has sold next to nothing. Finding gems like this is the reason that I watch the trash known as anime.

Same here. It's the reason why I am not completely against Amazon or Netflix anime shows since these types of original anime can't be done unless someone has money to waste since they'll never sell any BDs.