Alright, I keep seeing people say that Tien should be treated better...

Alright, I keep seeing people say that Tien should be treated better. Some even go as far to say he should be better than Gohan. How would you fags go about this then? What kind of arch could he possibly have years and years after becoming irrelevant and absolutely dwarfend in power? What could you possibly do to make Tien relevant and interesting? He's not that strong, he's not one of Goku's best friends, and he hasn't grown as a character since he got wrecked by Drum. His main goal was to get stronger than Goku, and that can never happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=42HNvl0e26I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he should be stronger than krillin considering krillin gave up fighting twice and tien spent his entire life training nonstop without ever breaking yet he's the weakest character in the series other than yamcha now

He's the technique wizard.

There's no need for that. Tien was never popular enough, but there is a niche group that like him, like every other fucking character. What's gonna be next?
>What can we do to make Oolong stronger guys? He should be as strong and relevant as Goku.
Fuck off. Nobody gives a shit about earthlings.

>>What can we do to make Oolong stronger guys? He should be as strong and relevant as Goku.
Goku should have dragged Oolong to train with him and Krillin. A shapeshifting character is already fun, but in fights it has even more potential. Not to mention that there aren't enough comical relief characters that managed to stay relevant fighters.

I don't even care too much for tien but his downfall is sadder than yamcha's since he was an even match for goku at one point.
> Is put near death against nappa after losing his arm and realizes how serious this new gap is.
> Goes to namek with gohan and krillin while training.
> End result is the same, but potential is unlocked and tien gains enough experience to stay on par with krillin
>trains possibly with krillin or goku and unlocked potential makes him at least strong enough to even out with piccolo pre merging
>still very lacking and weak, but can at least fight 2nd form cell instead of only spamming kikoho
>uses the hyperbolic time chamber and manages to stay even at least with piccolo
and most importantly
>gets with launch, not shitty retcon girl

Well, he has a plethora of techniques. Make him the technique master with brand new moves to astound and confuse. He was the first person to master the Mafuba, Mutaito's final technique, without killing himself. Combine Crane School techniques with various holds, stuff like that.

Don't forget Tien is the only character to achieve enlightenment and open his 3rd eye. Shame being an assassin made him lose the only unique power up he had.

Tien being a character made sense back when dragon ball was about magic and shit, but now he's completely out of place as a character. almost nothing about him translated well to the more sci-fi oriented later half of the series; or at least not as well as other characters. like Piccolo for example, he already looked like an alien thing, so changing his backstory a bit could easily work him into the whole space adventure aspect.

After the Cell arc he became shit along with the rest of the show for no good reason other than shit writing. The Buu arc and FnF should never have happened

He doesn't have a place in the series anymore. He was originally Goku's rival but got replaced by Piccolo, who in turn got replaced by Vegeta. Piccolo managed to escape obscurity by being a mentor figure to Gohan and even Trunks and Goten in the Buu saga.
Ten Shinhan can't be an even be a support character for anyone, nobody besides his gay midget clown gives a fuck about him.

he became shit because the fight became less about technique and strategy, and more about constant power escalation and seeing who can fling the biggest glowing blue energy dildo to blow up the most planets.

you can tell by how in dragon ball every villain had like 50 different powers but in dbz they had like 3, fly, blow shit up, and transform (except buu when he actually remembers to use them)

I went back and reread the piccolo jr saga-cell saga recently
Tien basically gave up on being the strongest the moment he saw Goku fight after training with Kami.
Furthermore, and possibly most importantly, He had little reason to push his training after goku became a super saiyan.
He repeatedly talks about how he can't keep up with the others, how it's no use for him to train like everyone else.
Tien didn't spend "his entire life training non-stop"
quite the opposite.
He makes several bad choices specifically to stick around with choutzu. He has no training partner. He left choutzu in the dust back in the Piccolo Jr saga and only widened the gap during Z. The biggest growth he had afterwards was while training with others under Kami, and others under King Kai.
After that, what did he do? He went off in the mountains and trained, and FARMED.
We saw what happened when Goku went farming.

Krillin, on the other hand, went through all those battles on Namek, and married a woman he could train with that was above his level.
Sure he quit a couple times, but Krillin ALWAYS had more potential than Tien. Tien was the guy who trained so much he got good. Krillin had natural talent like Goku.

Something along the lines of more unique techniques. Taiyoken has basically been stolen by everyone and now Tien is nothing but Kikoho. That split body technique doesn't count either as its fucking worthless.

>seeing who can fling the biggest glowing blue energy dildo to blow up the most planets
This wasn't really the issue in the manga that it was in the show.
Vegeta used the BBA and Final Flash because Vegeta's fighting style has always been extremely blast-heavy
But beam battles? Where one was pitted against another? That was just the cell/gohan fight.
Cell/Goku had a lot of actual fighting going on.

sayans
>ends with chucking a big beam at'em then wishing shit back with dragon balls
freeza
>ends with chucking a big beam at him then wishing shit back with dragon balls
cell
buu
>lol, dragon ball isn't repetitive

People whine about Goku being the strongest but why should he be when, on top of Saiyan genetics, he's the only one who trains diligently, and most of all, smartly?

Goku always goes to train whenever he gets a chance.
There's a cool useful technique out there? Goku goes and learns it and sometimes even improves it and masters it beyond whoever taught it to him
Someone who can teach him good stuff appears? Goku goes and asks him to teach him.
Someone stronger appears? Goku goes and fights him to test his limits
Trained a lot? Better rest for a bit to retain the let the gains settle on the body

Goku being the strongest makes perfect sense.

>I'll strip everything to it's bare minimum and also make sweeping generalization to try to make appear different things similar to one another!

Wanna hear something? The good guys wins!
Plot-twist! Sometimes they do not and the bad guys are the ones who win!

Congratulations. I guess you don't have a reason to EVER read, watch, listen or involve yourself with any media ever because you now know how it all ends, right? Pretentious cunt.

open his fourth eye

2 things
one, I was just addressing the beam battles
two, it happened rarely
in the saiyan saga, it happens HALFWAY through the Vegeta fight.
After that, we've got Oozaru Vegeta, Genki Dama, Oozaru Gohan, and finally Krillin slicing Vegeta in the back
>frieza saga
what the fuck are you talking about? the frieza saga literally ends with Frieza being beaten, by hand, into the ground until he slices himself into bits by his own attack. Are you talking about the part where Goku gives on last, small blast to "finish" him off?
>cell games
well that's the point I made
>buu saga
>chucking a big beam
wtf are you talking about? Are you calling the Genki Dama a beam? Now I don't understand what you're criticism is at all.
All fights in Dragon Ball end with a singular attack. That's how fights end.

At some point I think it would've been better to write off most of Goku's former rivals then to just have them hang around. Not having them around would be preferable to watching them get figuratively (and sometimes literally) cucked EVERY TIME a new bad guy shows up.

not in a christian manga

He has no talent.

Should have settled down with Launch.

Merged Tenhinshan

I'm working on a fancanon rewrite of Dragonball that makes Bulma the main character, Goku a supporting kind-hearted brute, Yamcha cool throughout, Tien the second strongest villain after King Piccolo who is still a demon and there are no aliens or planet busting ki moves or power levels.

A new tournament and Tien wins!

The moment Trunks came into the scene is literally when the series plummeted.

>I COME FROM THE FUTURE
>Guy who just asspulls SSJ powerup and nothin personells the antagonist that the protaganist had a grueling fight with
>has a sword just because it's cool even though Goku abandoned his staff ages ago
>Born from a relationship that doesn't even make any sense

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post...

>What kind of arch could he possibly have years and years after becoming irrelevant and absolutely dwarfend in power?

Yeah Roshi was able to fight with Frost. That shit doesn't matter anymore

>He makes several bad choices specifically to stick around with choutzu.

Tien and chiaotzu are the only true bros in the entire franchise. Goku goes years without seeing his friends. It's funny that all the way up until Trunks arrives Goku only met Tien three times. Four if you count his rotting corpse after Nappa is done with him

They should have had a joke episode in Super where Goku tries to track down Jackie Chun for the tournament of power

>Tien and chiaotzu are the only true bros in the entire franchise. Goku goes years without seeing his friends.
I don't think anyone comes close to Yamcha and Puar's pure friendship, but Tien and Chiaotzu are a nice pair.

How strong is Chiaotzu anyway? He trained under Kami, then King Kai, and he's probably trained with Tien a lot since then.

Have him show up during the Raditz fight so they can take him down non-lethally. After which he joins the Z-fighters and knocks up Launch.

Isn't the training with King Kai anime only?

>After the Frieza arc everyone became shit along with the rest of the show for no good reason other than shit writing. The Cell arc, Buu arc and DBS should never have happened
FTFY

>How strong is Chiaotzu anyway? He trained under Kami, then King Kai, and he's probably trained with Tien a lot since then.
I think they just said he can't improve because fuck you.

No.

because he was over powered from the get go so they had to make it that his powers don't work anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=42HNvl0e26I
He makes a good point.

How come the robots in Super look like shit?

He could've master techniques just witnessing them once. They just needed to make Tien to be some master physic/ki caster with shit load of various techniques. Imagine him being able to use every technique he saw so far and even ones Cell, Frieza, Dabura or Buu used?

>he's the only one who trains diligently, and most of all, smartly

That's because it's written that way though, not because it's logical. It makes no sense that none of the human tried to learn kai-oken, instant transmission, or spirit bomb in preparation for killer, genocidal andorids. The third of these is a technique that took out Kid Buu and the first is exactly up Tien's self-sacrificial alley.

But shonen isn't written to be self-coherent but to appeal to 10 year old Japanese boys and those 10 year old Japanese boys wanted more super saiyans so that's what we ended up with.

>But shonen isn't written to be self-coherent but to appeal to 10 year old Japanese boys and those 10 year old Japanese boys wanted more super saiyans so that's what we ended up with.
Much less DB, a story that is the poster child for "fly by writing"

How come EVERYTHING in Super looks like shit?

WHY WOULD YOU RUN TOWARDS THE SNIPER WHEN YOU COULD JUST MAKE YOUR CLONES DO LITERALLY ALL OF THE WORK?
I swear the people making Super just sit in a fucking room thinking of ways to write absolutely nothing for old characters to do.

It makes me appreciate Bio Broly.

this

How come EVERYTHING in Super is shit?

If you honestly give that much of a shit about anything DB related you're way too young to be here.