youtube.com/watch?v=65LOQWV-UfM
kyotoanimation.co.jp/baja/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>April
Hype

>german title
Into the pretentious garbage bin it goes

I love the art.

This is actually what VEG supposed to be but we got acid-colored painted plastic instead.

Epic shitposts my dudes.

The artstyle looks really good. Is Yamada finally going full arthouse?

>We want Kaguya Hime audience
Looks pretentious.

Nah, actually I fucking bet the real animation will be the usual Kyoani's K-On face.

FALSE ALARM!
It's just Yamada's Eupho movie about Mizore and Nozomi
anime-eupho.com/news/?id=240

Nice one though, KyoAni.
You got me good.

What. Why the fuck? It barely shows anything related to Hibike in its wrbsite except for the fact that it's under the same production committee.

I guess they want to troll a bit.
"Liz to Aoi Tori" is probably a story that Mizore and Nozomi love or something like that.

Oh shit I get it, it's titled after one of the original songs played in Hibike. Is this the start of Kyoani Cinematic Universe?

>woodland scenes
Well they piqued my interest.

>there are people that thinks its new original anime

>Kyoani Cinematic Universe
want

How do we stop Yamada?

Well one might argue that all of their shows are set in the same universe because KyoAni do location scouting in Kyoto for most of their shows.

>finally something interesting!
>lol kidding it's just Eupho spinoff

Fuck you KyoAni.

Looks neat. Does this mean Yamada is going to be more experimental in her Hibike film?

>he doesn't like Eupho
I guess so.

Looks interesting honestly, has been a while since KyoAni made something unique.

>western-ish water color style
>yfw Horiguchi is back
youtube.com/watch?v=fem5y-TtuAM

Don't base the final product with just the promotional poster. You're going to have a bad time.

Horiguchi will never come back ;_;

Did Horiguchi work on the Baja Studio short?

I told myself I wouldn't jerk off today

I really hope so. If there's anyone who can convince her to animate again, it's Kigami.

But KyoAni don't employ people over like 24 years old or whatever.

...but then again, we never got a statement saying Horiguchi officially left.

But I couldn't recognize any of her work in the Baja Studio short

>But KyoAni don't employ people over like 24 years old or whatever
They do.
They just don't hire newbies are older than 25 but had no considerable amount of prior experience in animation.

>Koe no Katachi was a success so Yamada gets even more free reign in her works
>To the point where her Ufo movie is advertised as something else entirely

So Kyoani(Yamada) will go full Shaft on Eupho huh.

Expect it to get advertised properly as well soon.
What does that even mean?

Monogatari

>Liz und ein BlauerVogel is a title of one of the songs KitaUji will perform in the competitions next year. There's a flute and oboe solo, so Mizore/Nozomi!

naruhodo naruhodo

wow, they're fat

sasuga godani

>german title

Is Euphonium going to be KyoAni's Monogatari?

That's Free

There's nothing kino about Free.

You stole my shitpost, fucker

Hopefully it'll have this watercolour feel to it. I love odd artstyles and will watch something even if it's shit for the artstyle. A bit Sup Forums but Loving Vincent looks very interesting to look at the very least.

It's their franchise that got handed off and looks terrible like Monogatari.

No matter how much you dislike Free's artstyle, that's still not fair. There's more animation in one episode of Free than there is in all million seasons of monogatari together.

Takeda piece of works will exclusively animated by kyoAni.
She's so lucky that Hatta likes her works.

???
What?

>There's nothing kino about Fr-

Just use "cinematic" you ingrates, as a slavic person it pains me to see "kino" used like that.
>there is nothing cinema about Free
That's what it sounds like.

Or if you still want to use the "kino" word, use it properly, like "Free is a fine piece of kino".

Hibike is a fine piece of kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=65LOQWV-UfM

I miss her so much

Did it pain you when Vertov used it?

>CG SHIT
>Filtered photographs
Looks nothing like even the concept art of the show

>let Yamada make a Hibike movie
>she goes fall arthouse

so is this a Hibike thread now?
I want to have a 5some with these beauties

Those are all lesbians though

What is "arthouse" about this?

The title is in German and it looks very unconventional

>German movie
So it's literally Kino

That's a lovely aesthetic, picked the fuck up.

This is obviously not what the actual film is going to look like. At the end of the day, this is still a Eupho film. I really doubt it'll be some huge departure from the previous Eupho anime and they're certainly not "arthouse".

Anyone started naming your music instrument? I'm gonna name my new guitar Natsuki

KinoAni confirmed

Your guitar is GAy

This is Natsuki. Say something nice to her!

Yeah, I think most people know that. But a guy can dream.

Eww europoorean culture. Well at least this anime will make a good memorial when german culture is about to die in real life.

Sounds like it might be Nozomi's VA

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Euphonium. The kino is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of art most of the animation will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Kumiko's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these animations, to realise that they're not just pretty- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Hibike's Euphonium truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the kino in Kumiko's existential catchphrase "tch, Shuuichi," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Yamada's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools. how I pity them.

Hibikino Euphoric

Looks like an interactive storybook for the smallest of children OP. Why are you shilling this? Do you spend your time watching Miyazaki movies too or eat baby food? Do you still wear diapers?

is there anything else you want to share about yourself?

Not your safespace

thanks dumblr

not your safespace

fuck the art looks gorgeous
hope it's for the whole movie and not just this PV

>4 movies and Evergarden
how fucking thin is kyoani be stretched out right now?

Get a load of this guy

Sounds rough for you desu.

Sup Forums

A lot of directors have been busy. Not just Ishihara, Yamada and Ishidate but they (temporarily?) promoted Ogawa and Kawanami, not to mention Kigami directed something for the first time in ages although it was just a short.

>it's just hibike
I like the show, but definitely disappointed

What was Kigami's short?

kyotoanimation.co.jp/baja/

Cool, I missed when they used to make shorts like those commercials

it's not just a commercial for KyoAni, it's a commercial for an OVA they are releasing with the discs from their fan event.

read the rules

He's still at it

*quack quack*

Kid, you're a retard. KyoAni invented the Monogatari style long before SHAFT

clearly you weren't here for K-ON

>wants to argue KyoAni did SHAFT's artstyle before SHAFT
>uses an image from a segment that's a direct homage to SZS
Are you baiting or just plain retard?

>direct homage to SZS
Wrong.

Are you blind?

Actually Shinbo is a big influence on Kyoani, specifically Takemoto. See Hyouka, for example. They did subcontract work on Soul Taker. The more ya know!

But Hyouka has more animation than all shaft shows combined, can't be much of an influence

Nice argument.

That may be true, but the conclusion doesn't follow

Didn't he direct only one episode? People are exaggerating the influence Shitbo had on Takemoto, they barely worked together. They make people who don't know better believe as if Shinbo had Takemoto under his wings for years.

>this studio that doesn't animate anything is a big influence on another studio that animates everything

The premise is dubious

And "Shinbo is a big influence on Kyoani" doesn't really follow "They did subcontract work on Soul Taker". Takemoto might have learned a thing or two from Shinbo but it definitely did not have big an impact on KyoAni. First of all because Takemoto doesn't direct that many shows, he mostly directs comedies, and even then there are only a couple scenes where you could see Shinbo's influence.