When was the last time a western cartoon was at the same tier of greatness and entertainment as anime?

When was the last time a western cartoon was at the same tier of greatness and entertainment as anime?

Serious answer. South Park is the only one that actually has an artistic soul still uncorrupted by nonsensical western ideologies.

And it is a show that just wanted to get canned

now

Get back to Redshit.

South Park has nothing that reddit would love

I don't know, what's the most putrid thing the west made recently?

When I was 6.

>giving tits to flat goddess eriri
Disgusting.

Like 90% of cartoons are pure dogshit but then again so is anime so I guess it's sorta even?

In what context?
There are a lot of great Western animated works like La Planete Sauvage. There are a lot of shit anime. Things are good because they are good, not because of their classification.

I don't know about cartoons, but as far as comics/manga go, Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck has yet to be surpassed.

Reddit & Memey

Not since the early-mid 2000's.

You're too dumb to realize that the situation described in your le ironic question goes in the opposite way in real life.

this is seriously a gem amongst piles of shit

South Park has been trash for ages.

with that S5 ending?

anime sucks fucking huge dick at being funny. Its pretty rare to get any laugh out loud humor out of anime.
That being said you can take pretty much any comedy show and its tiers above anime in the comedy genre. Even trash like brickleberry will give you more laughs than most "comedy" anime will
>comedy anime
>actually just high school or harem based anime all with the same "funny" moments

My nigga

Season 5 was good for like 3 episodes.

Symbionic Titan, on the other hand, was the shit. Mecha show of the decade.

Last Airbender.

every time there's a major Disney release.

Easy.

Spongebob

I knew you came from there.

best anime of the years

mods should stop deleting the threads

3D>>>>>>>D

It's pretty amazing how vividly I still remember Life and Times despite having not read it in almost twenty years.

>anime is great
>its all the same tropes over and over again
>artists refuse to experiment with style
>mainstream shounens have four minutes of exposition and recaps

How about you watch seasonal anime instead of shounen you faggot?

Seasonal anime is all the same. Even worse if it's based on a ln that'll never get a second season.

I know right? 30 different shows all K-On. No variation. It's a wonder why I still like anime at all. Fuck off faggot.

Ed Edd n Eddy is the best sol of all time

Courage the cowardly dog was pretty good iirc

There's anime that can make you laugh out loud suchas Gabriel Dropout, Ghost Stories (Dub) & PSG

Futurama had a shit-ton of great episodes.

Oh and Shimoneta

>no Nichijou

Am I the only one who laughed a lot during SZS?

You need to know some things about Japanese culture to truly "get it"; or else you're just laughing at the overreactions of the characters.

user, please.

I kinda like RWBY more than most anime.

A lot of things they talk about pertain to both cultures, but why would you watch anime and know little to nothing about the culture?

south park is american as fuck what are you talking about

I'll take anime poor but genuine attempts at humor over American "I'm post-ironic yet?" shit any day of the week.
Old Simpson are the only really good comedy cartoon. Keep on watching Rick and Morty.

Some westerners expect the Japanese to know their brand of humour, and call Japanese humour shit for being Japanese.

Terrible examples.

Plenty of funny anime out there. You're just jaded or have shit sense of humour.

Weiss --> anime girls

That's because you are an ironic weeb.

Fpbp

Japanese humor is objectively shit

Prove it

>objectively
Ok, let's see those statistics.

It's not a cartoon, but Top Gear could both made you laugh and tear you up. That's a hard thing to do.

japanese people are too collectivist to have a sense of humor

All Japanese humor boils down to pic related.

>When was the last time a western cartoon was at the same tier of greatness and entertainment as anime?
Cartoon? MLP? I don't know if its still great bc I stopped watching it two years ago.

no. 90% is mc doing something perverted by accident.

90s.

when we had shit like Batman TAS, Rocko's Modern Life, early spongebob, superman TAS, justice league, rugrats, doug, ahhh! real monsters, king of the hill, early south park

AOTS

>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH?
>HENTAI
>*SLAP*

please return to Sup Forums

Enjoyable by everybody around the globe. You don't need to know Russian to understand it.

Never.
Cartoons were always positively waaay out of anime leauge.

I don't watch too many western cartoons, but I thought the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was pretty good. It's too bad it got scrapped and rebooted because they wanted something closer to the MCU. Prior to that, anything JLU and earlier with Bruce Timm's name attached to it.

>ctrl-f gravity falls
Gravity Falls.

If it weren't for the shitty finale i'd give it 10/10

ATLA/Korra
Ornstein and Smough
Powerpuff Girls
Spongebob
Loony Tunes + Baby Loony Tunes

plenty more

If Eriri had a better personality she would be a top tier girl.

Nice attempt at a recommendation thread. Now fuck off.

The Venture Brothers is actually the greatest animated show of all time.

Earlier Asterix movies.