Is these 3 the best in battle shounen genre?

Is these 3 the best in battle shounen genre?

Replace Magi with JoJo and hxh with one piece.

not looking good for the genre

What's up with the all HxH and FA threads lately?

every thread

because the target demographic is young boys and underage infest this board like bugs in my kitchen

Inb4 someone comes in saying FMA isn't a battle shonen.

Magi went to shit tho

FMA isn't a battle shounen.

Replace magi with dbz

Shounen isn't a genre. I fucking hate nu-Sup Forums

And the best 3 in the demographic is probably FMA, One Piece and Promised Neverland.

Objective GOAT is Fist Of The North Star. Runner ups would be Kinnikuman and Dragonball. You could possibly make an arugment for Saint Seiya, Rokudenashi Blues and Ushio and Tora as the next level down from those three.

JoJo isn't shounen anymore

FMA is really good but it's not a battle manga, and it's also not shonen.

Retarded old man.

If you think Hokuto no Ken is better than Fullmetal Alchemist you're ducking wrong. HnK had this awful way of giving every character with a certain jawline a half assed tragic backstory, even when they were enslaving kids and making them work on pyramids. Kenshiro doesn't change ever, Raoh was a mediocre villain, the action scenes are undeniably dumb, and the entire manga did about two or three clever things.

Replace Magi with Medaka Box

>magi
>best anything

here
shit.

Its manga ran in a shonen manga. It's shonen. I don't know how people can't grasp this concept.

Ran in a shonen magazine rather.

Full metal alchemist is overrated horse shit. Only liked by turbo autists that think it's "deep". Fuck you.

>it's not shounen
>ran in Shounen Gangan
When will Sup Forums not be filled with brainlets?

OP sepcified "battle shounen", which is arguably a genre.

Better than FMA which did nothing particularly clever. It made a good attempt at writing a story but went too far trying to make it intellectual and failed. Hokuto no Ken isn't particularly deep but it is incredibly emotional, like nothing that came before or after it, that's what makes it the best. The criticism on art is subjective so whatever but I think Hokuto no Ken has much more detailed art than FMA ever did.

>Raoh was a medicore villain
He wasn't even a villain.

The first 6 parts are battle shounen published in a shounen magazine, part 7 is battle shounen published in a seinen magazine, and part 8 is a battle shounen/mystery published in a seinen magazine.

FMA succeeded in having few flaws and a large cast of interesting, likeable characters with character development across the board. No individual thing about it makes it great, but altogether it's extremely well done.

HnK is emotional at times, but it's often very lazy about being emotional which results in some terrible stuff.

Here’s your (You)

Gash Bell
Sangokushi
Emblem of Roto
Kekkaishi
Trigun
Astro Boy

all better battle shonen than Magi imo

Replace Magi for one of the following:

Dragon Ball
Shaman King
Rurouni Kenshin

Also HxH is 1999 and FMA is brotherhood.

That is all.

Dragon Ball and Mankin >>>>>> these overrated pieces of shit

The very fact that it's in a seinen magazine makes it seinen. You can't be a "battle shonen" published in a seinen magazine because being in a seinen magazine makes you seinen.

"Battle shounen" is a genre, not a demographic. There are no real restrictions on what genres any given demographic can have (maybe except mahou shoujo can only ever be shoujo, no other genres).

Shonen isn't a genre though. You can say "battle manga" but "battle shonen" only applies to shonen manga.

Aren't the most popular ones right now Black Clover and My hero academia?

This is the truth you like the animes or not

Emblem of Roto isnt even the best Dragon Quest manga

>Kekkaishi

A shit

>Astro boy

It was good for it time but it is shitty as fuck now. Osamu has multiple better series

>Gash Bell

Great series, too bad it went full retard at the end

The rest are mediocre shit not worth mentioning

>Promised Neverland

Literally poor man's Death Note. It is above average but that is it. As a matter of fact, all of the new / recent series cant compare with the old ones

>dragon ball
>best anything
Take of the nostalgia blinders user.

>Promised Neverland.

Only if you like asspulls and bad characterization.

He's not wrong. And it's not deep. The most consistent praise given to it, that supposedly makes it a shonen masterpiece, is that it has an ending.

why didnt you say anything about mankin

>Magi
Good choice. Maybe more people will read it because of its good reputation. New chapter threads are empty compared to other battle shounen.

Those are action adventure shounen
Battle shounen, every arc, the characters split up and take on threats according to their level
That doesn't really happen in those three manga
It happens, "sometimes" because that's how action shounen work. But those aren't explicitly about fighting, they are more about exploration and world building
They are really good action adventure shounen, but they don't really follow the battle shounen archetype

Replace Magi with naruto

I'd say that while Dragonball started out better than Saint Seiya, Saint Seiya was better overall.

Replace Magi with My Hero Academia and then that's it. It should be a top 5 though.

FMA, HxH, JoJo, MHA, and One Piece

SBR started in Shounen Jump, so it's both shounen and seinen.

>My Hero Academia
Generic shit

>jojo
>battle shounen
what

How are parts 1-6 and part of 7 not battle shonen?

dbz will always be n1

The best battle shounens are dragon ball,naruto and MHA, the rest are just wannabe seinens

Arr rook same

Dis nigga really take same face to a new level

Where the fuck is Kenshin?

>One Piece

You need to be at least 12 to post in here.

That makes no sense. How are for example OP and Bleach "wannabe seinens"? How can you even want to be a seinen? The only requirement is to be running in a seinen magazine.

>FMA
>battle

When? I remember Edward fighting Greed, that's about it.

In the openings it showed Ed and Al fighting Greed's chimera gang, but those fights never occured.

>replace hxh with one piece

forgot about bleach,but bleach just doesn't cut it.And OP doesn't have good fights even though the worldbuilding and overarching story there is pretty good

I don't care what you think about them quality wise I'm just wondering how you think they're "wannabe seinens" or what that's even supposed to mean. If an author wants their work to be seinen for whatever reason they'd apply to have it run in a seinen magazine.

What I mean by that is their viewer demographic and what they're aiming for.
Naruto,DB and OP are clearly pandering to teens 12-18 and some young adults,shounens like HxH clearly pander to more adults audiences with their darker thematics.

Being darker or more violent isn't a requirement to be seinen. The only requirement is to be in a seinen magazine. HXH is not in a seinen magazine and so is still shonen and if Togashi wanted it to be seinen it would be running in a seinen magazine. Its target audience is the same as any other manga running in Shonen Jump on account of it running in the magazine to begin with. Don't fall for the "but HXH is so deep and mature" bullshit. Or the same arguments for FMA for that matter.

>this post
Generic shit

>magi
fuck off

Magi used to be good

>dubs
the truth has been spoken