Christianity kept medieval europe stro

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel#Early_history_and_Middle_Ages

The Roman Catholic Church was critical of dueling throughout medieval history, frowning both on the traditions of judicial combat and on the duel on points of honor among the nobility. Judicial duels were deprecated by the Lateran Council of 1215, but the judicial duel persisted in the Holy Roman Empire into the 15th century

>TLDR Medieval europeans told the church to fuck off with that weak ass christian shit

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_combat
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_duello
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spolia_opima
yuki.la/pol/159511619
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicut_Judaeis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gottgläubig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

More time spent on dueling and jousting meant less time on training for real war tactics and leadership

900-1300 sound like fun times

Daily reminder Charlaminge commited genocides and ruined the roman empire.

before jousting, the Normans would have giant mock battles over a giant area. like modern military games

The coping is strong isnt it christcuck?

>ruined the roman empire
it was already in ruins

The pagan romans also frowned upon dueling and saw it as something barbaric that only wild germans or celts would do. They, like the church, would settle disputes in a civil way.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_combat

You mean late christcuck rome frowned upon dueling. You know the same rome that was BTFO by the dueling barbarians.

yea they just have big civil wars that weaken the empire

Not arguing single combat didn't ever happen. But none of the exaples from your link are comparable to the sort of formal duels the church disliked. I mean, give me an example where a roman senator, in the middle of the steet draws his sword (which was illegal to bear inside the city btw) and says:
I, MAXIMVS GAIVS BRVTVS CHALLANGE SENATOR X TO A DUEL TO THE DEATH FOR HAVING DISHONORED MY NAME
And then having the other guy actually go though with it.

This just didn't happen. It happened frequently in germanic society however. The romans used to joke and laugh at those customs because they found them strange.

Also one of the main reasons the church didn't like it was because it caused nobles to die off because of stupid reasons that can be settled in better ways. In the 17th century this was a big problem in France in particular, with large portions of the nobility just vanishing at the point of a rapier

you a real party pooper

this. civilized men duel with armies

Did you bump your own post, you baby-eating faggot?

well I was thinking the big civil wars were bad

Maybe because early rome was not a senate but a kingdom?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_duello
Also what are gladiators?

>Le if you are not a christian then you are a satanist.

Im too red pilled for these cheap tricks you kike worshiper.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases

gladiators were slaves & criminals so no one really care about them.

Also I love how I never mentioned pagans yet you jumped to the conclusion all by yourself. Its almost as if real medieval history was pagan and the christcuck is so desperate to cover that he exposes himself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spolia_opima

Are the generals slaves and criminals too?

Also trying to subvert the thread which is about how medieval europeans told the church to fuck off. Around speaking christians never relax!

>the romans of the kingdom were the strong ones and not the ones of the republic
nope they were a weak militia who got raped by celts
also
>They ensure that non-violent means of reaching agreement be exhausted and that harm be reduced, both by limiting the terms of engagement and by providing medical care.

And gladiators were not fighting to settle disputes of honor. It was more like staged combat entertainment with real death. Again, not comparable.
The church did however ban it, so I'll give you half a point for it

I dunno why you acting like its a big revaluation that monarchs didn't like the pope telling them what to do & acting like they were the big boss. Most of the time it was no better than feuding families putting their guy in the position.

>wiccan and new-ageists in charge of history and logics

Duel was between two persons from the nobility, therefore lead to the death of real aristocrats that had very good genes.
If duel can be of use at some extent in history, but having it uncondemned would lead (and in France it led to that problem) the killing of aristocrats i.e. to less good genes being spread i.e. dysgenism.

Aristocrats had no good genes, they just had a title and privilige.

You didn't answer my question, I am not a Catholic, and atheism is the belief system of our enemies. If Christianity was so terrible, why would (((they))) spend so much time and so many resources trying to replace my faith with yours? Why do they hate Christ more than Hitler?
Modern western atheism is a degenerate and empty ideology that preaches pleasure and fun over duty and honor.

>Practicing combat makes you less better at war, just talk about war and you'll get better

Fuck off christcuck

this is why uneducated people shouldnt talk about topics like these. they dont know what they are talking about.

>Le atheist plan B

I told you Im too red pilled for this slimy shit you weasely kike worshiper.

Fuck off Christcuck, give your ass to the chosen Jews.

Maybe because christcucks promote le 200% pure christian strong europe.

>le neo pagan hippies.

Funny how many people would pagans under normal paganism (instead of goverment planted paganism) and how many people are christian only because le christian stats and they never went to church.

The joust, in particular during the high middle ages, was training for war. Back then, the joust would not end when one of the opponents has broken a lance or was unhorsed, but it would continue on the ground and would end when one of the opponent's gave up. The equipment they used was regular field armour and weapons of war.

But even during the late middle ages, when the joust became more sportive, people still distinguished between the joust of peace ("Gestech") and the joust of war ("Rennen"). The joust of peace was done with safety tips on the spears and safety equipment ("Stechzeug"). The goal here was to break the lance on the opponent's armour.
The joust of war was generally done in regular field armour to which a wooden jousting targe was attached while the lances had regular war tips. The goal was to unhorse the opponent.
The joust of war was popular among poorer knights who couldn't afford the expensive equipment that the joust of peace required.
Later, the joust of war also involved special equipment ("Rennzeug") though and different variants were introduced.

> with that weak ass Christian shit
> were still Christians
telling the vatican to fuck off doesn't mean you deny Christianity you fucking pleb

you sound like a teenager that just figure it all out

Don't spend your time with kike shills repeating kike on a stick user

Since I have first hand experience on what counts as "christian" (le 99.9999% of population is christian according to church but never went to church) you need to find some other slimy bluff you christcuck.

well you sort of reveal yourself by spouting "christcuck" in every post
also memeflags shouldn't be allowed to make personal attacks

The subversive christcuck weasel is getting desperate: First its trying to change the subject to pagans, then its haha nothing new here you satanistic atheist, then its haha teenager no u.

Bump did not know that

>You reveal how you think of christcucks as christcucks if you call them christcucks

wew lad

>le meme flag
Because le meme flag hides my country in case you want to drop by and challenge me to a duel for the personal attacks.

Exactly

I remember from Ottoman History that Orthodox from Belgrade opened the doors to the Turks because they didn't want Catholics having the city (?)

So yes. Jew religion is inherently wrong.

orthodoxcucks have pride in their le pure christian byzantine fortress when in fact they were importing pagan snow niggers to keep the muslims out and when the pagans stopped coming to energize the place the byzantine empire was begging for someone to put it out of its misery (happened to be ottoman empire).

Catholics arent better. They abandoned a valuable ally because it was Orthodox.

t. weak genes

funny how many pagans would be ardent Catholics if the Church went on with its Tradition and rejected the Vatican II heresies

>funny how many pagans would be ardent Catholics if the Church went on with its Tradition and rejected the Vatican II heresies
>wiccan and new-ageists in charge of history and logics

Nice bluffing.. no

le christcuckery unites us after all lmao

The Roman Catholic Church was corrupt, nonetheless Europe converted into Christianity, also it's natural for krautcucks to ruin stuff. It's in their blood. Charlemagne was the father of Europe and a Christian, now shush little pagancuck.

>t.cuck who ran away to Nippon land

>thread about how christianity didnt have influence in medieval europeans
>le medieval europeans converted to christianity hurr durr

This is why I do posts against the 100% medieval christian europe meme if anyone is still asking why.
yuki.la/pol/159511619

Fuck xcucknity

It's good to see weeb faggots called out, they are part of the same problem for the Japanese people that shitskins are for us

>Nice bluffing

>le token barely non-beta moment in christianity
Yea I know and the guy who was crusified by the merchants has beat them with a stick before that lol.

>meme flag
I didn't even read your post but sage.

Europe was EXTREMELY vulnerable after the roman empire fell with all them different factions, countries and alliances.

Christianity never helped Europe.

>Le le le le
Shut up reddit.

>s-shut up!
>i-ill beat you with a stick merchant!

Christians are so alpha!

>muh vatican II
>implying the church wasn't fucked before that or consenting with the Rothschild's banking practices

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicut_Judaeis

Trente was the last good catechism anyway.

WILL YOU FUCKING FUCK OFF FROM Sup Forums?
You clearly don't belong here.

You're that same moron samefag spammer who get's BTFO in every butthurt-motivated atheism thread.

>My specific insufferable brand of kike worshiping.
Every fucking time

christians are just jewish slaves

I havent been on pol in 5 weeks christcuck user.

>Gott Mit Uns was worn in the Prussian army belts
>but for some reason the SS, a NSDAP organization, decided to drop it in favour of "Mein Ehre Ist Treue"

Also some SS divisions had about 90% of their recruits leave the church before joining. Really makes you think...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gottgläubig

>implying the church wasn't fucked before that or consenting with the Rothschild's banking practices
What you are underlining is actually true. It has been going downwards for quite a time, especially with the popes trying to push democratic thought since 1880s.
Even the absence of reaction (like a Crusade) when the French Revolution happened and the fact that the pope then tried to have the Frenchmen bowing down to the republican rulers that were anti-Christian is to be criticized.

That is what real trads are actually criticizing, instead of saying that everything before Vatican II was good.
It happened because of a decay.

The Social Doctrine of the Church is the center of these problems, if it is seen as infaillible.
But since there is nothing about several topics, and since it countains errors, it must be criticized in its weaknesses and surpassed with the thomist political philosophy.

But that doesn't mean Catholicism is to be trashed just because the popes (who are not saints everytime) said this or that.

Leadership genes.

It's not just that.

>"In the case of the struggling young Christianity, for example, the Jews, quick as a flash, began hanging onto its coattails. Consider Paul, properly called Schaul, who was a rabbinical student. As a Jew, Paul certainly knew that of all the peoples of the world the Jews, first and foremost, needed their souls saved. 'Go not ... to the Gentiles, ... But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel,' demanded Christ (Matthew 10:56). Paul ignored it. He went to the Greeks and the Romans and brought them his 'Christianity.' A 'Christianity' with which the Roman Empire became unhinged. 'All men are equal! Brotherhood! Pacifism! No more privileges!'… And the Jew triumphed." - Dietrich Eckart, "Bolshevism from Moses to Lenin, a conversation between Hitler and Me" (Eckart was honored in the second book of Mein Kampf)

Hitler also believed many jews filled high-clergy ranks throughout history, as exemplified by things like "selling indulgences". Also, he said "how much would I pay to see a picture of the priest who called for the Childrens Crusade", implying it was a jew using it to subvert Europe...

But that doesn't mean Catholicism is to be trashed just because the popes (who are not saints every time) said this or that.

please explain to me why not without using the 'Western foundations' argument we already probably disagree on.

>there are a bad sheep everywhere goy, let's just ignore how much of my leadership was compromised of pedophiles hehe...

>Empire
What empire? Jesus the ignorance of Pagans and prots is astounding.

If anything he brought at least a semblance of order back to europe

>posts link
>link has nothing to do with the conversation
How can you type if you cant read?

>Sup Forumsack posts facts
>shill with a degenerate (catalan) memeflag gets pissed off and doesn't provide a counter argument
get the fuck back to r/hilary

>No, no ignore your genetic family! Can't you see that their 'believes' differentiate a little bit? THEY USE DIFFERENT! HATS! Goyim. Oh can't you see the horror? Also accept your brown eyed replacements or else you WILL BURN IN THE FIRE, BURN IN THE FIRE OF ETERNITY.

>pope sucks
>makes no changes to doctrine that are untrue
>rots in hell as he should

nothing changes

Better than protestant nu-judaism child mutilators desu.

Are you retarded?

>the religion of peace

No, just clicked the wrong post.

So you are retarded.

It has to do with the conversation I was having with the subversive christcuck. But you are too retarded to read.