This movie is BULLSHIT

This is the last fucking time I watch an anime from Sup Forums recommendations. You mean to tell me that the MC's best friend gets to get away with ruining fucking EVERYTHING? Way to destroy everything that made the TV show good. Fuck you people, you told me this shit was good. When are they fixing this garbage?

>didn't get it

Why is the bad guy winning awful?

It's yuri pandering. Nothing more, nothing less.

>brainlet can't comprehend the beauty of rebellion

b-because mama and papa told me good side always wins....

How many posts until the madoka tripfags appear?

You know, even now, I'm not sure whether Homura did a good thing or a bad thing. Like, sure, stripping Madoka of her powers is a bad thing.

But is Homura's new world really that awful? Everyone appears to be fairly happy. More, they're alive!

I've read you post almost ten times and still don't get what you're trying to say. It's bad because someone "ruins" everything and gets away with it? How is that bad? What did she even ruin?

Does anyone know where I can buy Homura's outfit? I don't need the shield and guns, but I want the exact dress and everything.

The side he was cheering for.

Fuck you, I understood everything just fine. Homura shits on Madoka's wish and makes her a slave, destroys the Law of Cycles and thus ruining heaven for all the innocent magical girls who had been saved by Madoka, and then tells Sayaka that she's going to blow up everything and kill everyone when she gets bored. Ending fucking sucks, the movie should have stopped at Homura being taken away by Madoka, which would have been the most thematically consistent ending for Homura's character and a perfect resolution to the series. But noooooo we've got to have ebin forced drama out the ass.

Ask /cgl/

#resist
#she_will_not_divide_us

Homura doesn't destroy the law of cycles, she only removes madoka's conciousness from the process
From homura pov madoka didn't want to become god but sacrifice herself to stop others from suffering, horura went against her wishes by sacrificing herself for madoka

>You know, even now, I'm not sure whether Homura did a good thing or a bad thing.
That, in itself, is a good thing.

You realize it was all just a dream, right?

>thematically consistent
Hahahahaha.
>it's another Rebellion hater who didn't even understand the flower fields scene

You already fell for it when you watched Madoka.

Madoka is unironically an excellent anime

Is Homura doomed for eternal suffering, or is there a way to make it so both her and Madoka's wishes are satisfied?

Madoka is unironically not an excellent anime.

Finally someone thinks the same.

Guys, ruin your character development for gay reason and only for shock the people it isn´t good write faggots.

>b-but Homura did nothing wrong

Because that the universe dominated by a crazy, egoist and lunatic demond that wants Madoka only for her is a good idea right?

Rebellion fixed Homura's character

>bad guy
Wrong.

>Madoka NO
I'm sorry, what character development?

>Rebellion fixed Homura's character
Yeah no.
Destroying her developmet transforming her from being a girl that loves Madoka, gave her a "good" friendship and respect her wish for a lunatic that inrespected the wish of Madoka, stole her powers, and reconstructed the entire universe only for posses her because "she loves her" is fixed the character right?

Of Homura, but it was a ok development, not a greates development. Until Rebellion came and destroying her and make it evil for gay reasons

Yes, it did. Homura's whole gimmick was being an obsessive stalker who wanted to trap Madoka in a gilded cage, for her own happiness. Forcibly preventing her from contracting over the tv series should have clued you into this. Her being accepting of getting BTFO at the finale of the show was out of character. Her refusing to accept Madoka sacrificing herself, and condemning herself in Madoka's place at the end of Rebellion, is 100% consistent with her actions and motivations thus far. She had just spent 100 timelines trying to get Madoka to stop fucking herself over, Rebellion is her attempt number 101.

>forgetting about Homura's wish

its just a thing that yuri ruins everything good

>doesn't understand homer's obsession
>doesn't understand that homer's wish was never fulfilled
>doesn't understand the balance of the universe or japanese philosophy.
homura did nothing wrong, it's western fans who know nothing of other cultures and then try to slap their world view onto everything that is.

What's so hard to understand?

This. Why is it not OK for Homura to disrespect Madoka's wish, but OK for Madoka to do the same to Homura?

My biggest problem with rebellion is that it made me dislike Homura after her liking her so much in the original series. Also the mami/homu fight and heavy handed yuri overtones

Wow, brainlets meme is real. I despair for the human race. Because you morons need explanations,

>Incubators are the real enemy of the setting
>Madoka was powerless to stop the Incubators after becoming a universal concept
>Homura trusted the Incubators with the truth and was betrayed by them
>Incubators will stop at nothing to turn humanity into their own personal farm
>Homura realized that Madoka's purity almost doomed humankind and the universe to eternal control by the Incubators
>Only a malicious soul like Homura's could properly deal with the Incubator threat
>Even Homura admits in the end that she will be defeated eventually and Madoka will regain her godhood, but for now will savor in her personal heaven
>Incubators are permanently neutralized as a cosmic threat for now and all time

Homura became an evil being who ultimately committed a cosmic good.

Its not okay, either way. But at least some real, permanent good came out of this. Thats what makes the story tragic and memorable. Homura knows she is damned, but a new hope was born out of her damnation.

But we told you it is shit.

One of the few shows that Sup Forums successfully memed me into watching it, what a fool I was.

There is no cure for shit taste but there it can be treated.

The only thing Homu did wrong was that she made everyone happy except herself.

Maybe you should try watching it.

What would make Homura happy?

Gay sex.

But she can seduce Madoka all she wants now but she's not happy in the slightest

No, Homura had no other choice since all the other characters never listened to her.

Rebellion is a masterpiece.

>yuri
>Homura-chan, you were my very best friend!
>best friend
>best friend
>best friend

>When are they fixing this garbage?
Seriously, when is the 4th movie? Do we know if it's in production or something at least? Or if it's planned at all?

pic related will explain everything for you in under 30 pages

She didn't trust qb, she thought they can't do anything. When she realized they are after Madoka again, she became a bad cop. She's not malicious.

g-10 is incredible

They have concept art

>dude what if charlotte was a cute loli instead
>dude what if homura and mami had an epic fight
>dude what if sayaka and kyouko were actually gay for each other lol

this is rebellion

>not liking devil Homura

I watched Rebellion once while kind of drunk and I didn't get it at all. I need to watch it a second time but I can't never be bothered.

the foot one was bretty good also but the girlie series is top tier to be honest
he said he doesn't know if he's gonna continue the series though

>futa

The Law of Cycles still is in play. She just broke off a tiny piece of it to reincarnate Madoka.

Like, God-Madoka is an infinite being that exists outside of time and space. The Universe can afford to divert an insignificant amount of that to allow a single human life to play out in peace.

There's no evidence to suggest this

Except Homura stating this in no uncertain terms. "I didn't break the law of cycles, I only took the small part of it that stored Madoka's old personality files."

You souldn't have seen the movie.

Read Nietzsche. Rebellion was literally 2deep4u.

>Read Nietzsche
Good bait

The entire movie is one big Nietzsche reference, so yeah, I'd say it's relevant.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rebellion. The plot twist is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the plot will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Homura’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Nietzsche literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the plot, to realise that it’s not just deep- it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rebellion truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Shaft’s genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a devil Homura tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

>MC's best friend gets to get away with ruining fucking EVERYTHING

But Madoka didn't ruin anything?

lol butthurt

she also states that sayaka and nagisa got ripped out as a side effect
which get very well imply that by ripping madoka out she made LoC so unstable, all the meguca souls within it got released just very much like sayaka and nagisa

and without it's agents to enforce it, it can't function

If not for Rebellion, pic related would be a thing.

Sayaka and Nagisa were pulled out because they were literally standing right next to Madoka when Homura did her thing, and were sucked into the explosion. They were the only two law of cycles residents who were "exposed" outside of heaven, in our reality, when it happened. It's reasonable to assume that the girls who were shielded behind the technical nonexistence of Madoka's heaven would be safe from this, and besides if they weren't Sayaka would definitely know about it (due to the huge fucking crowd of former magical girls that dropped into Mitakihara out of the blue), and shit on Homura because of it.

Such shit taste

>makes her a slave
If Homura wanted to enslave Madoka, she would have altered her memories to believe that they were friends all along. Instead, Homura dissolves their friendship because she believes she is unworthy of Madoka. She lets Madoka live free, with the caveat that she's physically alive rather than conceptually alive.
>destroys the Law of Cycles
She splits Madoka from it and contains the rest in her dark orb.
>heaven for all the innocent magical girls
It's not heaven, it's instrumentality. A collective consciousness of dead souls. And there are plenty of not-so-innocent magical girls, as well.
>and then tells Sayaka that she's going to blow up everything and kill everyone when she gets bored
Which you would know was a blatant lie if you weren't an idiot. She's trolling Sayaka as payback for the alley scene. Why would she destroy everything she worked so hard to create?
>thematically consistent ending for Homura's character
Homura's fundamental character trait is to never give up on protecting Madoka no matter how much suffering it brings upon her. If she allowed Madoka to take her, she would not be able to protect her.
The pink spool of thread symbolizing the Law of Cycles is taken inside Homura's dark orb. Homura didn't destroy it, she controls it.

There are people out there that think Homura did everything wrong. They never seen this pic

No, he understood
That's why he knows it sucks

Its possible, but she will need to actually apologize to madoka, its prob the only thing madoka will ask.

The only one butthurt will be Homura when Madoka reawakens.

Rebellion sucks and is a perfect example of a pandering cash grab, people were duped by the pretty visuals and le deep philosophical references into thinking it's good.

>The pink spool of thread symbolizing the Law of Cycles
Thats not what the pink thread meant

Rebellion is the exact opposite of a pandering cash grab. It's got high production values and a story that made people incredibly mad, and an ending that makes it really hard to milk the franchise endlessly.

>Oct. 3, 2017

I propose that two days from now, we all have a drink in meduka's honor.

So... We can concluid that Rebellion is shit right?

>madoka forgot the lube.jpg

Sure, send me money to buy a drink.

>...
>concluid

We can conclude that you're a 12 year old faggot.

I'm not sure how an open-ended, inconclusive ending doesn't allow for more milking. If they didn't want to continue beating a dead horse they would have either not made Rebellion at all, or given it a true ending. And how can you say the movie isn't full of pandering shit?

I don't drink, but I can for this important occasion.

>how do conflicts of ideals???
you must have missed the part where Madoka's wish fucked Homura over at the end of the series by making all of her efforts meaningless.
Oh and the part where Madoka enacted her ideals on the current world which in turn made a net utility change of zero for the rest of the main cast.
Part of the point of the series was that not anyone is objectively right even when truth is substantiated ad populum on a universal scale and Immanuel Kant is a fucking moron.

It's not open-ended or inconclusive. It concluded. There was ending. People just don't like to accept it.

And the movie isn't full of pandering shit. There's nothing in there solely to please fans.

You guys will make me drink.
fuck

If it makes you feel better, the original script had Homura simply go to heaven with Madoka and conclude the saga. Shaft told Urobutcher to make Homura and Madoka enemies and thus the shitty cliffhanger.

Too bad we're never getting another movie so it'll stay an open end

When the fuck is movie 4, user? I want reconciliation god damn it

It's what happens when a psycho lesbian is cuntblocked.

Someday, i hope.

Was Hitomi right?

It is literally impossible for Madoka and Homura to reconcile their desires, user

Hitomi was always right.

Sayaka doesn't deserve happiness

Then she should win Violin-Chan. That guarantees she'll never be happy.

Urobochi already said that any timeline in which Sayaka gets with Kyousuke ends with misery.

You are a good person.
Go ahead.

It's over, that's it. Concept movie was never anything but a concept, there is no continuation, the story's finished. Rebellion completes the yin and yang of the Madoka mythos. There is nothing more to explore in the story of Madoka and Homura.

>There is nothing more to explore in the story of Madoka and Homura.
What happens when Madoka dies of old age in Homura's world, user? Does Homura get her return to being the Law of Cycles, with Madoka having successfully lived a normal, contract-free life?