Other than "THE GUBMINT", are there any actual reasons to own a gun, opposed to calling the police?

Other than "THE GUBMINT", are there any actual reasons to own a gun, opposed to calling the police?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pkWgp2abM2w
ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/home
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The gubmint, deal with it

Because the police doesn't get to your home in 8 seconds

Shooting OPs.

This is the correct answer.

Also recall that the police are under ZERO legal obligation to protect you from harm.

>criminal breaks into house
>call police
>get killed
>police arrives
>criminal already left

Reminder that the police does not have an obligation to protect you, nor are they even around most of the time to protect you when you need it. You should take your own safety in your hands.

I would shoot your children if you had any for how fucking stupid you are

ITT: pol keeps falling for this faggot's bait

Yes, some people live in healthy, beautiful places called "the countryside" and there may be distances of multiple miles/Km between individual domiciles, hard as it is to believe for urban hipsters. Sometimes remote places get broken into too. Only it might take the county sherrif an hour to arrive even if called immediately.

They are the revolutionary means.

>have a chance to defend myself
Vs
>have to somehow dial the police and then survive long enough for them to get there

?????????? Are you this stupid?

BANISH THIS FAGGOT

Because I'm no a child and I'm capable of playing with dangerous toys without supervision.

Anyone who is in favor of ANY government, is a mental infant.

When my ballot comes in the mail, where's the box that says "I don't need to be led. I am not livestock."?

Police can only stop crime. They won't be there in your house the instant a gang of armed home invaders break down your door. The average response time nationally is around 20 minutes. If you're willing to rely on either the ineptitude or the mercy of armed and dangerous criminals for your family's safety you've got a few screws loose

only cucks call the police

I live outside of the city limits in a rural area. There are only 2 sheriff's deputies on duty at nights to cover the whole county. Depending on where they are when they get the call it could take them 40 minutes or more to reach my property.

Came here to post this. Good work user.

*blocks your path*

This.
And this.

Grow up faggot. At some point you will have to be an adult. Make your own doctor appointments. Do your own laundry. Protect yourself and ensure your own safety. Or just keep being a god damn leech.

Communists, Nignogs, and Ragheads. They want to kill you regardless of how much they force you to appease them, so why not make it difficult?

I don't own a bunch of firearms because I have a tiny penis. I own a bunch of firearms because I have a gigantic penis. There's no possible way I could fend off the rampaging mob of whores with a musket.

Sage nigger

>1 post by this ID

Now it's real communism.

Don't need any beyond "the gubmint," but the police take much longer to reach my home than it takes me to reach my gun.

To shoot niggers

This post took longer to make than your country
A bullet is faster than a cop

People think twice about Robbing you when they aren’t sure if you can fight back with a gun or not.

I would think a catalonian of all people would understand the issue with the government being unwilling or unable to help you in a timely fashion.

I don't expect to ever fight the government. I think it's VERY likely that I will have to hold my own until they actually show up.

Stop defiling my frogfu with these shitposts thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=pkWgp2abM2w

>looks at south africa

I think I'll keep my guns.

>handguns: 6371

>shitskins

>rips shit straight out of Art of War
>gets preached as military genius
Stop

The right to gun ownership, given by the second amendment. Is to prevent the rise of tyranny from our own Government first and foremost. I.e. the people ARE the militia. With that being the main reason, other follow on reasons are:
>right to self preservation
>right of defending what is ours/yours
(Family, land, things that you own)
The police are the internal force the gives the rule of law power. They are there to enforce the law and arrest those who break the law. They have NO legal obligation to protect you, this is not there job. You are responsible for yourself.
>inb4 da pooleece
Average police response time in Detroit Michigan is 58 minutes...avg police response time across the country is 11. Entire battles could be fought, one, and lost in that time.
Most gun deaths(60-70%) are self inflicted. And those that are homicide; 80% are drug related(gang). You can break down the numbers yourself.
ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2015/crime-in-the-u.s.-2015/home

No one posted it yet?

That one's going off of arrests made, don't a relatively large percentage of murders never get solved or lead to an arrest?

Yes, the police don't always respond.

For example, I live in the northeast U.S., this past Friday we were pummeled with a strong winter storm. Literal blizzard conditions - +/- 2 feet of snow, 60 mph wind gusts, downed trees, power outages across several counties, and Verizon cellular service went down for about 8 hours.

During that time, police were prioritizing calls and not responding to most. Even when they did respond, their arrival was delayed due to the road conditions and the thousands of vehicles stranded along all major roadways due to the storm. The emergency dispatch center in my county actually stopped dispatching EMS to calls because the ambulances simply couldn't get through the clogged roadways.

Times like that underscore the need to be prepared and self-sufficient. Not only in handling any medical needs that arise, but also in defending yourself and your family. And this was only a 24 hour issue. Imagine what it would be like in a long-term disaster.

tl;dr - sometimes that police can't or won't come when you call. That's reason enough to own a gun.

Are there any actual reasons for you to have a say in what I choose to own?
Didn't think so

Too many niggers. America is almost “minority-majority” now.

Sage