Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2016/04/15/millennials-are-killing-the-movie-business/
youtube.com/watch?v=kKK7LmywKOQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Is hollywood that bankrupt?
yes

Yep. Good riddance

>tfw western media will die in your lifetime

Live action Akira, Death Note, SAO, Edge of Tomorrow... soon we will see a live action Yotsuba too

We also have One Piece on the way.

Also Gunnm next year.

You have it in reverse.
Western media won't die, it will consume Japanese media to stay alive.

Will we see live action Yahari?

i can't wait personally!

Doubt it, no one will watch their shit even if they ripoff others. Especially if they shove leftist propaganda into it.

well atleast she looks new-german

They're going to try as hard as they can to make "live-action anime" a thing now that YA book adaptations have died off.

It's not gonna work, but they're gonna try

It's finally happening, buddies.
You don't have to be afraid any more, because it's happening. There will be a little pain then you'll be free. You can move on then.

I wonder who could be behind all this..

>tv going on in the background
>anti soros ad comes on
I just want to watch my anime in peace.

Fake and gay.

so this is how anime will die

that was amazing 12 years with you Sup Forums, time to bid farewell

This.
But Hollywood really is creatively bankrupt. They've seen capeshit sells like nothing else so that's what they'll do. No reason to try anything much riskier, but they also need another moneymaker, so they try with concepts from anime because they can't come up with anything themselves.
Even Disney has given up all pretense of being original, they're just making live-action versions of previous films now.

The paranoid part of my mind thinks that they're doing these adaptations to try and gain some sort of foothold or influence with Japanese media groups, so that they can impose their political values on the largest form of media that exists completely outside their control.

But it's more likely that it's just a cash grab based on name recognition.

But It sold.

anime is dead

>abloobloo da joos come take muh cartoons vol. 9000

maybe if you guys bought more blu rays, they wouldn't have to sell their ips to hollywood!

KIM PLEASE
Nuke America and save us from this nightmare!

god I wish hollywood got all the rights to sao and they wouldn't make any more anime about it

normalfaggots will eat up anything if you throw enough marketing money

The paranoid part of your mind is stupid.

Cash grab is where it's at. SAO is popular as hell. If they would make death note and edge of tomorrow and GITS they would be stupid not to make SAO.

>Disney
>Original
Literally built it's success on animating old fairy tales.

appearently not

nypost.com/2016/04/15/millennials-are-killing-the-movie-business/

e.
Every dollar of western money that's paid for anime-related goods gets filed away in the 'This is the size of the gaijin market' data vault. You're communicating western interest in anime with your money. You're hastening the arrival of made-for-gaijin western-funded Westernized no-fanservice gay-protagonist anime like Little Witch Academia.

Tying some red balloons to sewers doesn't cost much money.

Well the Death note had some fun gore, The two years worth of semem scene will be fun

>3% less tickets sold
>MOVIES ARE DYING!!!!!!!!!!!111

capitalism everybody

I'm pretty damn sure Akko was straight.

When will Putin nuke Hollywood pedophiles?
Americans keep ruining everything for everyone.

I think falling from 8 million to 5 million is not the sign of a good business

>Hollywood so desperate for a concept it's turning to anime
Make it stop bros.

if you die in the game you die in real life

>if

They're never going learn, are they? Fans of the original work won't care to watch when they have the original and won't enjoy the Japanese influence being scrubbed out, domestic audiences are turned off because it's still too foreign, and the Chinese will simply prefer to watch the anime over the burgerized version. The smart thing would be to do what the Wachowski brothers did and refit Japanese influences into an original IP. Unfortunately, that would require a modicum of creativity.

is water wet?

They just ran out of ideas. Nowadays Hollywood is either doing reboots, or getting source material from comic books. Of course anime and manga was next.

Anything that gets ((them))
>THE YOUTH AUDIENCE

Fatass teen Americans loooove anime, they get to distract themselves from their alcoholic, pain medicine addicted, high school educated parents. Then they buy lots of dumb high-margin merch bullshit like $50 anime T-shirts and injection molded figurines.

they actually did fairly bad this year by having a bunch of big movies underperform

> we HAVE to get millenials into the movie theaters

Or how about you try selling it in a different format? What happened to adapting and the whole supply/demand concept?

>Friday Night Lights producer
>Sword Art Online

Watch Asuna get railed by 25 black football players while Kirito watches jerking off his 2.5 inch penis.

>implying it wasn't already over after the GiTS adaptation
>hollywood literally buying japanese pop culture to appeal to the new weebs and normies who don't know how to get into anime
if you are gonna do a live action of something at least do it of a series i want to watch like full metal jacket or metal gear or something
jesus christ with all the money the jews have they can't buy taste i suppose

>ran out of ideas
They never had ideas.
They've always been doing this.

This is what happens when your budgets become 'too big to fail'.
No studio will ever spend a modern studio budget on a risky concept. It has to be a PROVEN return on investment. Which means a sequel, a remake, or etc.
The same thing happened with video games, they have movie budgets now.

>making live action adaptations of anime by taking out the anime
This is just them being lazy. The Matrix is a good example of a movie that took inspiration from Anime within a western framework. Just adapting shit won't work.

Not for the last 8~ years. It's been nothing but capeshit.

I think there's more to it than that. Namely brand loyalty, the business strategy of hollywood has been producing easily accessible throwaway entertainment for the masses. But that got replaced by phones and social media nowadays, why would a 20 years old watch a movie when he can just post on facebook and hookup on tinder through his phone?
The otaku culture is still among the few things in the world where brand loyalty is strong and otaku will watch anything as long as it's anime. They'll go out of their way to buy blu rays for 300 dollars to support their shows, no other fanbase does this. This is why the anime industry survives as a golden dinosaur and hollywood dies in the sea of modern shallow entertainment.

You could argue that they're actually making a light novel adaptation, without the novel. Which happens all the time.

BEST MOVIE CONFIRMED

>anime get popular in Europe from the 80s to the 2000s
>great collab projects pops up, respecting the original medium

>America catches up
>defile it and no fucks are given

>be hollywood
>churn out rehashed shit constantly with absolutely no original ideas
>charge a small fortune just to buy a ticket to a two hour movie
>gee guys, why aren't we making any money?
>must be those fukken millenials and their cellphones
It's a wonder Hollywood is still kicking.

>movie
So far, it's looking to be a TV series, going by how all the news coverage has been worded.

They've been creatively bankrupt since the 80s and their rolling out of crappy animated movies and horror sequels.

Nowadays they're just selling the fuck out on every and anything they can get their hands on.

>Metal gear
Only if Kurt Russell plays big boss.

>live action Sword Art Online

I can't wait to see Denzel Washington as Kirito and Gal Gadot as Asuna

To be fair the anime industry has been just shitting out sequels, reboots and isekai for a good few years now too.

>twitter screenshot in OP post
Soon Sup Forums will turn into Sup Forums

No more formula in anime than there's ever been. We can go back to mecha clones and mahou shoujo clones if you want.

Would be an improvement. Kirito wouldn't have that stupid nondescript self-insert look.

>Sup Forums never makes threads about twitter announcements
maybe you're just not used it not being in japanese

Why does Hollywood keep picking the wrong series to adapt? Monster and Black Lagoon are perfect for Western adaptations.

You have another source?

>Denzel Washington stuck in a swords and sorcery simulator as the black swordsman.
I know this is supposed to be sarcastic but I would actually watch this.
Man is 62 tho not really quite up to the fight scenes probably.

There's no one in Hollywood with breasts large enough to play Asuna, all the large-breast actors were forced to get breast reductions in order to still get work.

At least there were some great mecha and mahou shoujo shows. What great shows did we have recently? I can't really think of any, the last big splash was Madoka, and that was 6 years ago. I mean I enjoy isekai, as some cheap snack but it's no peking duck.

Yeah, 99% of the time they try to make HW movie from manga/ln/anime/game, it fails horribly.

Maybe tell theatres to stop charging $10 for a ticket and another $10 for some popcorn and a drink. I rarely go to the movies any more because the cost per hour is astronomically bad compared to vidya. Even shit like crunchyroll is a better value, let that sink in. It doesn't help that hollywood is intent on shitting out garbage that you can just wait for. Shit like bad live animu adaptations are just going to drive people away, or have they forgotten dragonball evolution?

>There's no one in Hollywood with breasts large enough to play Asuna
She isn't even that big though. It's the cousin/sister that would be the problem.

>Denzel Washington as Kirito

youtube.com/watch?v=kKK7LmywKOQ

>Denzel Washington
Too old, try John Boyega.

I'm surprised their cape movies are still doing well.

Monster's too slow and cerebral to turn into something that sells a lot, but on the other hand it doesn't need as large a budget either.
Netflix or HBO could feasibly do something with it. I don't watch much tv-series, but I've got the impression that they have much more breathing room on what comes to creativity, compared to blockbuster hollywood productions.

Good. A bottle of water costs 4 fucking dollars at the one near me.

She is ever since her SAO: Progressive redesign that was quietly adapted to the main series

>cashgrab
A really dumb cash grab because anime adpations are normally flops.
I feel like they are just trying to imitate Cameron with Alita.

That'd be better since written work isn't visually cemented and is less accessible than tv or film, but SAO has anime and games already. There's an idea of it in a lot of people's minds. It's also still originally Japanese and made for Japanese audiences. Translating that for an adaptation just seems like a lazy/bad idea to me.

Let's take a good example of this: The Magnificent Seven, an adaptation of Seven Samurai. Going from 1500 samurai to 1800s cowboys is a huge change. While it worked, a lot of what was in the original is lost. This could turn out well, like TMS, but it requires adjusting so much it makes it almost another thing entirely.

The point of getting rights to something for adaptation is to create some sort of clone of it, right? You want SAO in the title, to have similarities, to carry that aura of it with the new version. Otherwise, why not just dump it and make something new? So, it has to be like SAO, but not too much, because too much would make it too Japanese and alien. Except that's why people like things like Anime and Japanese LN. Because of their Japaneseiness.

Why do Americans love black people som much?
I swear they're in every piece of American media I watch.

>Monster's too slow and cerebral to turn into something that sells a lot
I meant as a series.

*adaptions

>Kim finally man's up
>nukes the shit out of Hollywood
>America retaliates, nukes them and North Korea becomes an American police state like Japan
>American film industry never recovers
>there are now two Japans
The best timeline?

This board is more and more like Sup Forums every fucking month

The quality of this site in general has gone to shit over the years, and somehow, SOMEHOW, it keeps getting worse

Where is my Cowboy Bebop live-action movie they promised?!

>but I've got the impression that they have much more breathing room on what comes to creativity, compared to blockbuster hollywood productions.

They may do, but the end result is still Netflix Death Note

Keanu said it would cost too much to make.

America is mostly blacks and spics, whites became a minority when you compare them against these two

>edge of tomorrow
>it was completely random and out of nowhere, and it was a success
>death note, GITS
>big names, big fails
It's too soon to talk about pattern here, but...

thanks for your input

CR is not bad value overall, it's just shit that you can't just download the files and the subs are often shittier than the fansubs. Which I would understand for new shows but watched some saki on cr today because I couldn't find any torrents left. And gods the subs were dogshit, for a 9 years old show.

They just need their next big hit and are grasping at straws trying to find it. Don't know why they keep adapting anime though, people never watch live action anime adaptions, not even anime fans themselves.

A nigger is not an improvement.

Problem with Hollywood adaptations of anime is that there aren't any real people who are as attractive as anime characters.

Beautiful characters is the primary attraction of anime, to the point where an anime with ugly characters physically cannot survive in the market.

Look, plenty of movies suck and plenty more don't make good money what makes you think adaptations are so special.

Watching the whole first season of SAO was one of the biggest waste of times I ever had, and I watch Mayoiga.
I feel shame for thinking the first episodes were good.

>They just need their next big hit and are grasping at straws
I hope they fail