People on this board actually read LN's

>people on this board actually read LN's

>the haremshit kind too

What are you going to do about it? Make more meme arrows threads?

>missing out on Utsomaria
>not liking Rakuin no Monshou
>not reading Hikaru ga Chikyuu
>disliking zashiki warashi
Shit taste fampai.

Is this the power of crossboarding cancer?

>people say manga is better than anime
>every fucking manga I read is awful
Only a handful of manga are worth a damn. LNs are probably much better than that

Can you kill yourself now?

Why? Because I didn't like boredom saga?

LN's are good if you actually have an imagination brainlet.

Because you're a blight and it would make Sup Forums a slightly better place.

Not your safespace. Boredom saga is not a good manga.

You're right, reading VNs is much better.

ye

Nothing's a good manga to you from the looks of it, so you're either:

1. Extremely new
2. A faggot

Neither is good, I recommend suicide.

>first greentext arrow
>second greentext arrow
my format is designed to make you reply to me angrily

Manga translations are dogshit.

>stop having standards
I already said a handful of them are good. Boredome saga isn't one of them

You got a problem with that, punk?

If only.
They only look at spoilers and summaries. Reading is unamerican.

A handful out of what? 10 manga? 100 manga? 1000 manga?
Handful of currently ongoing manga? Handful of classic manga?

All I get from you is a tiny sample size of under 200 manga read, which is pathetic and makes your opinion on the subject wholly irrelevant.

At least they're reading?

>pdfs

Fun things are fun

>a handful out of what
A handful out of the entire medium.
>you've only read 200 of them
Define 'reading'

Ah, okay, so you haven't actually read anything at all, got it.

Your hot opinion can be safely discarded.

Not him but what do you mean by "200 manga"? Chapters, panels, volumes, series?

I find LNs more entertaining than manga at least

200 finished series, no oneshots or 1-3 volumers.

Still waiting till you respond to >So 4 volumes counts but 3 doesn't? Does a series with 40 volumes count as 10 or just 1? Why don't 3 volumes count? Why does a series needs to be finished before it counts? Does a series with over 3 volumes count if I haven't finished it but have read over more than 3 volumes of it? You're an idiot. Btw.

See? The exact same question but he did reply to you.

That's a lot my man

That's the point.

If a series is 40 volumes it's still one series, 4 volumes are about the minimum in my opinion because there's a lot of 1/2 volume short serializations you can read in some 40 minutes tops, and if I counted them I'd end up with over 2000 manga read which is silly.

>So 4 volumes counts but 3 doesn't?
Yep, it is 1 title for Azumanga of 4 volumes and 1 title for Bleach (of 74 volumes).

fuk u >:(

is there something wrong with PDFs?

You have a lot more time on your hands then me because I cannot fathom somebody reading that much

Why not get physical copies? Are you poor?

The point is that you've read a lot of fucking manga, and at that stage the number doesn't matter if you read 500 series or 550 series, you've still read a fucking lot and have at least some kind of opinion to give instead of spewing garbage about the whole medium after reading a grand total of 50 tanks in your life.

You don't get to tell us how to read our manga/LN. Shit taste or not as long as we're enjoying it,it's not wasting time.Pic related

My job is sitting around for 12 hours, so there's plenty of time for reading everything from manga, LNs and VNs

>and have at least some kind of opinion
Doesn't mean it.

Not that user,but for someone who lives on third world country/is a poorfag.I just resort to those things

>physical copies of fan translations
some of us are too lazy to learn moon

You unironically do not need to read a lot of manga to know they're shit. You're only concerned about finishing them just so you can say that someone with less than 200 titles (arbitrary, not even true I suppose) isn't allowed to call Vinland Saga boring. Manga is just an extremely primitive, immature medium. And no amount of finishing poorly written series for some sort of internet epeen will change this fact.

See? You're simply wrong, I can use the excuse of reading far more than you for this, while calling out your relative inexperience with the medium, it's simple, a elementary schooler doesn't lecture a college professor.

>you are wrong
Considering at least one of those things is a fact. I'm just going to assume you didn't read my post. I'll give you another chance. Respond to it. Tell me which parts are wrong or don't bother making vague assessments. IF you don't want to put in the effort don't respond

>it's simple, a elementary schooler doesn't lecture a college professor.
get a load of this guy.

Whats your job?

>You unironically do not need to read a lot of manga to know they're shit.
Wrong, you can't argue a subject without sufficient knowledge, why do people get degrees for a specific field? Not so that some uneducated ape can tell them where's left and where's right, classic backwoods mentality.

>You're only concerned about finishing them just so you can say that someone with less than 200 titles (arbitrary, not even true I suppose) isn't allowed to call Vinland Saga boring.
Wrong, I finish them because I have enough free time to read at my leisure, you can call Vinland Saga boring as much as you want, it does drag on in the latter bits, I take issue with you calling out the entire medium.

>Manga is just an extremely primitive, immature medium. And no amount of finishing poorly written series for some sort of internet epeen will change this fact.
Opinion

There you have it, other than your opinion about Vinland Saga which I partially agree with, rest are nonsense.

"Nature Preserver"

>without sufficient
Considering your definition of 'read' here. Not the actual definition as found within many a dictionary.

>I finish because I have free time
I disagree. You finish them because you feel pressured to do so. Normal people stop reading/watching something when it loses appeal.

>opinion
No. No amount of epeen can change that fact. That's also a fact. You're having trouble with this I see. As for its immaturity it's a blatant historical fact.

Okay user, you've read 350 chapters of Tomo-chan, that's 350 chapters you know, very much the same thing as 350 Berserk chapters.
Wanna use page count instead? Because obviously my way of counting finished series troubles you in either a mathematical or more personal way.

I've dropped manga after 300 chapters, I read what I like, there's no shortage of manga out there even after 12 years of continuous reading.
Normal people also don't read a LN volume every 2-3 days for an entire year straight, so comparing them to me is pretty pointless.

Lets make this simpler, no amount of inexperienced hot opinion no matter how much you repeat it will make your statement of the immaturity of manga ring true.
If what you say is a fact somewhere, please provide adequate sources.

Low IQs were a mistake

>150
I fully agree.

Your obsession with numbers are all the more proof you're not capable of understanding what makes a good story. You're just insecure.

I see, 150-kun, is a liberal arts major, no wonder numbers are scary.

You're now just talking to yourself. Poor you.

whats wrong reading the source material?

Every LN I've read has horrifically bad prose. This, I'm sure, is a product of translation, but that doesn't make it any more palatable. I'd probably like them more if I wasn't an EOP.

Same way I feel about mangas.

>mangas
>s
Fuck off.

Comics*
Movies
Animation
Music
Mangas

>*
Don't leave me hanging, tell me what that's for.

comics is the word I should've used. Japanese comics to be accurate.

No, you have to say "sequential visual art originating in the island nation to the south of Kamchatka."

I've had the opposite experience. If it's an adaptation from a manga I see little reason to watch the anime and anime that aren't adapted from a manga are extremely hit or miss. And on top of that you have to deal with the generally poor animation quality.

I flunked most classes google earth could ace.

I don't think people actually read them. More so just a quick summary to reveal spoilers for current airing shows.

Anime.
Manga.
Waifu.

These words are not plural.

>He says this while posting a novel adaptation
I'm curious. How are you such a faggot!

Anime is short for animation
Manga is short for comics
I have plenty of waifus. It's weeb for wives.

He didn't say he read the LN. He probably just watched the kyoani version because it's one of the few studios that actually produces art.

See >another example of unironic great visual display in a visual medium

>No Demon King Daimao
At least you got DxD

>Is this the power of
The irony in this post is not lost on me.

not him but yes

>irony
I think you mean satire.

I will sometimes buy physical copies but still read them on my nook. Foremost because I can carry that around in public and still hide my power level. It's also nice to have many books with me at once, since I can start a new one as soon as I finish one. Plus I'm able to read in the dark with the nook, which is more pleasant and makes it easier to fall asleep than reading with a light on before bed.

>people
No, those are underage ESLfags reading machine translations of the absolute worst LNshit aimed at teenage retards so they can shitpost about "secondaries" even though machine translations and animesuki spoilers don't mean you've read the source. Those aren't people.

The best part is when they whine that the anime isn't a 1:1 adaptation of a bunch of out of context spoilers they read.

What about the people that like a show that was produced by Kadokawa as an advertisement for the LN they publish so it only got one or two seasons and is nowhere close to finishing the story? Do you just drop those shows? I read the LN.

Most of the time those shows aren't worth finishing either way. Or I started watching them not because the story itself was remotely interesting but because how the anime handled it. See baka to test for example. It also manages to such post what has been adapted. Two seasons is more than enough for most stories. Repetition isn't something I care much for.

>I read the LN.
If I actually like the story and it isn't entirely propped up by voice acting, music and anime art, and the story doens't become annoying generic shit after the part they adapted? Yes, in the few instances that actually happens I read the LN. The difference between you and I is when I say that I read the LN, I mean I actually buy it and read it because I know Japanese, I don't read ESLfag spoilers and pretend to be a source material pro like you do.

Well that's lovely for you but I like closure. See Rokka no Yuusha for example. It will never get another season and the LN is still pretty nice.

Nice projection. I take it you read all other literature in its native language or not at all then?

You're right, because eastern asian languages aren't farther from English than say Spanish or German, and the quality of translator that works on Don Quixote or Faust is totally the same as someone idiot who doesn't know Japanese or English trying to run an LN through a machine translator.

>I like closure
Most LNs won't give you any of that.

>people actually read
wew

Now you're both moving the goal posts and making things up to suit your argument. There are definitely bad translations out there but even then you don't need to be 100% accurate to tell a good story. I'm sure there are plenty of nuances you don't understand unless you're native Japanese, and if that's the case you'd experience the same in English literature.

That really depends. For example Slayers has gotten several anime projects but they generally have fuck all to do with the main story so the only way to find out what is really going on is to read the LN, which goes more in depth on things like the magic system as well.

>Now you're both moving the goal posts
I'm not at all. I've explained that the translation quality of what you read is complete garbage. Pretending that foreign novels are translated the same was as shitty LNs is objectively wrong. There's literally no argument to be made.

>making things up to suit your argument
What did I make up specifically? Give me a concrete answer.

>There are definitely bad translations out there but even then you don't need to be 100% accurate to tell a good story
>As long as I can understand some basic plot points, that's all I need to enjoy the story
No, you're not getting the story from reading a few spoilers that are half mistranslated. Stop pretending you are.

>I'm sure there are plenty of nuances you don't understand unless you're native Japanese
Don't try to pretend that everyone is at your level of completely not understanding what they read.

>going in-depth on the magic system
Lost me there. I'm not saying what you said just now is wrong. I'm saying that I don't personally give a shit about magic and wouldn't read a LN with that concept

>What did I make up
You're either claiming there are no good LN translations or making broad projections about what I'm reading. There are plenty of professionally translated LNs these days. And I'm willing to be those professionally translators have a better grasp of Japanese than you do. It's odd you're willing to accept translations of any language besides Japanese.

I'm not trying to convince you to read it, it was an example of the LN giving something that the anime glosses over.

>professionally translated LIGHT novels
Just like my crunchyroll anime and Viz manga translations!

Or like any other translation really. I suppose you've never read anything translated from a language other than latin-based languages? Since you seem to think they're easy enough to translate. Might want to leave One Thousand and One Nights on the shelf because I bet you can't read Arabic.

Those are rather boring stories. The anime did it better.

How would you know? According to your standards you never read the source material in Arabic so you can't make any claims about it.

>Th-They're professionals and they're good and I don't read any bad translations and you don't know Japanese!
I'm a graduate student in Japan. Those "professionals" you're talking up majored in Japanese at community college and couldn't get a real job. They also don't have any actual English writing skills. On top of all that, let's not pretend that you're not reading trash off of bakatsuki and animesuki.

>I bet you can't read Arabic.
Stop making a fool of yourself, habibi. You're swinging and missing each time.

You're projecting.

Ok, let's look at this from a different angle. Right now you're advocating that people not read any literature if they don't know the native language. And you don't see anything wrong with that?

Not at all, I'm applying statistics. Its incredibly rare that anyone has a native level grasp of three (English, Japanese, and Arabic) category 5 languages.

No, I've repeatedly said that Japanese to English translations of LNs are shit, because most are either done by machine or by people that don't really know Japanese or English, and that people who read these "translations" and then shitpost about muh secondaries are fucking idiots. You've somehow got the idea in your head that this applies to all literature translations, despite me never remotely implying anything of the sort.