This is what the world's best anime studio looks like

>This is what the world's best anime studio looks like

You scared?

Other urls found in this thread:

anitay.kinja.com/p-a-works-charges-it-s-staff-for-working-for-them-ani-1788636111
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Doesn't look like Bones

>This is what the world's most overrated anime studio looks like
fixed

Why would I be scared? They're good, hardworking people.

Memes aside, you have to admit even KyoAni's best movie quality cuts don't stand up to typical Sunrise studio 8 TV animation.

I go to Japan next week. If this is in the city I'm in I'll spray paint a dick on it.

Right? It looks like concrete and other materials, but not bones.

REPORTED

Screencapped. You better do it.

You can't even compare Sunrise with Kyoani its unfair for Kyoani.

But kyoani's better in terms of sakuga right?
It's all about how you compare one with the other

That can't be their only building, right? It's fucking tiny. How many people work there?

These plants look like they could use some water.

they're otaku

It ls, actually they built this one quite recently because their business is going pretty well

It doesn't look big enough to house a staff capable of creating their shows

Is this in Kyoto?

Chicago.

>comparing Lord Sunrise with a meme studio that only spics love.

That building looks pretty big to me. Besides, I don't think that's just an office building or something not where the animation happens but I've done basically zero research.

Yes, it's in Uji, the outskirts of Kyoto

If people want to pretend they're the best you may as well compare them to the actual best

>You scared?

Of a bunch of internet losers hiding behind a studio to hide their inferiority complex? No.

why do kyoani fans have the lamest humor

KyoAni's distance shots look like other studios' close up shots.

You don't need that big of a space when all your frames are either drawn by Korean slave labor or done on computers.

They have KyoAni store, a big studio where they animate and an administration building if my senses aren't leaving me. So no, it's not their only building, or their studio.

They integrated everything into this one building tbqh

So that's where the masterpieces are born

Correction, THIS is what the world's best anime studio looks like.

What are those, tomatoes or something?

Some weird looking apples

Studio 8? None of the TV shows they've made were really that heavy on the animation. Love Live is their most famous show and the musical scenes were mostly in 3D.

Sunrise movie quality is in fact better than KyoAni's but not their TV stuff (excluding OVAs).

Do you have some proof of this wild claim.

Yeah, well, the Japanese are not as fond of gigantic Modernist buildings as everyone else in 20th and 21st century, and can keep everything at human scale. And that's great.

Yeah, nothing like working your hard ass off in order to pay Anno that money.

Are you fucking me, my man?

based PA WORKS

Kimochi Warui

I-I'm sure those Leiji Matsumoto adaptations will save them ;_;

>Make flop after flop
>Will never go bankrupt because they're a government lapdog in charge of making blatant tourism commercials.

The epitome of a studio with no drive nor vision, wait no that's SHAFT, PA Flops is second.

Besides you have to pay for a desk you use at work

Love this meme.

But if you land in a random place in Osaka you'll find narrow streets and 1 or 2-storey buildings.

It's actually real

anitay.kinja.com/p-a-works-charges-it-s-staff-for-working-for-them-ani-1788636111

PA Flops can't keep getting away with this.

Looks more like a small airport.

Depends on where you go. Japan has a lot of really cool architecture in both traditional and modern styles.

WOAH DUDE, a city isn't only tall modern buildings? Who knew? I guess since there are small narrow streets in Japanese cities, just like in every country on the planet, Japanese people really don't subscribe to "gigantic Modernist buildings".

>be 50% qualified but don't have any work
>want to get employed
>okay it's cool if you work here but we can't really make space for people that aren't on the same level as everyone else so please pay for your desk
>"wah PA works forces animators to pay for their workspace"
I fucking hate this board.

From what I remember: They think the lowest-level positions like tweeners should be temporary positions and after steadily mastering animation skills, should "graduate" to key frames and other more advanced positions. If they don't, but they're still proficient enough as tweeners, the bosses start charging them for their desks rather than risk the potential humiliation of firing them.

Something like that, anyway.

That's not how jobs work, mate. You don't pay them to work, if she wasn't qualified they shouldn't have hired her.

all studioposts are submitted by teens who are actively attempting to destroy this board

>That's not how jobs work, mate.
>I am the be-all and end-all and decide how everything works
Yeah yeah I get it. For your information, paying for work related items isn't unheard of in any first world country. It happens.

You're right, they can be as scummy as they want, there was a shitstorm about it and now most people view PA Flops as a shitty studio.

based A-1 pictures

No, looks comfy.

No you won't, pussy.

How would SJWani have handled the situation? Put her on janitor duty?

That's the new building they built to consolidate. They used to have a small building right across from the local rail station and a few floors in a building about a block away, which included their tiny shop.

But they decided they wanted to consolidate, so they built this building as a replacement. The small size isn't surprising given the relatively slim staffing levels and the fact that all of the buildings in Uji are pretty small.

The new building is the same color as the old one by the train station though so they look pretty similar.

Isn't the real studio in Vietnam or something?

Yeah let's not talk about the companies which produce anime on the anime board, surely that would destroy it

Good, now I know where to park my U-Haul truck filled with C-4 and ferti...I mean toys for cancer patient kids.

That's an unusually nice building for an anime studio.

Un most countries narrow streets are purely historical. Japanese keep building them.

Probably share it with a hedge fund agency.

Yeah, like they keep building those tall ass modern buildings that they allegedly aren't very fond of. Your point?

A-1 is just a shell company used by Aniplex for their money laundering schemes.

based diomedea

Okay but you said "They integrated everything into this one building" which I think is wrong. As far as I know they still animate in the same place as before.

This. I've been to Tokyo. Madoka actually isn't that far off.

It's not Tokyo though, it's in general. Any city/metropolitan area of economic worth is going to have a big population, one that isn't going to live in wooden shacks with one floor. Same thing for every country on the planet that is relevant and especially for a fairly small island nation with 120m people. Of course the self hating westerners on this board would rather continue to jerk off to their retarded pipe dream of MUH NATIONALIST NIPPON PRIDE.

Anyways, off-topic.

Well, assuming the city was built before cars, anyway. Cities like Los Angeles spread out, not up.

>Same thing for every country on the planet that is relevant
Have you actually been to a big city? Even the most modern and the largest still have several residential areas with single family homes.

I demand seeing your proofs.

Land is not cheap so of course they have to build up. My point is, they also keep making cosy lowrise urban neighborhoods whereas in certain other countries it's either huge-ass highrises or suburban smudge.
And relatively prestigious buisnesses such as anime studios don't find it below them to have their offices located in those neighborhoods, integrated into urban fabric.

Gods guide you;

It's that sweet, sweet Sony money.

Bad comparison, LA is a planned city and Tokyo spreads out like crazy considering that it's the most populous metropolitan area on the planet but there is limit. One that LA doesn't have because space.

And where did I say otherwise?

Because it's a big place in a small country, once again 120 million people are living in Japan, 13 or so in Tokyo alone and then you have to consider the metropol. area which has 40 or so million. You can't expect all of those cities to look like the most popular skyline but generally speaking thr argument "Japanese are not as fond of gigantic Modernist buildings as everyone else in 20th and 21st century" is incredibly ignorant and dumb because they HAVE to go up due to the lack of space. The Tokyo metro area is already fuck huge.

When has Shaft made tourism commercials?

>And where did I say otherwise?
>> Any city/metropolitan area of economic worth is going to have a big population, one that isn't going to live in wooden shacks with one floor
right there. The most thriving cities have a poor class that live in single family homes. It is almost a necessity for the city to exist.

It's not exactly healthy when most of the threads devolve into flinging the same stale memes, exaggerations, strawmen, 6th grade-tier insults, conspiracy theories, and blatant lies every single time. At least Sup Forums puts some effort into their console wars.

That does not imply that large cities don't have "several residential areas with single family homes".

How could living in a single family house mean they're poor?
It's the other way around isn't it?

Some places go up despite the abundance of space, for no other reason than "the hell of it". Think Russia, China etc. Many countries did the same in 20th century.

This is Los Feliz, Los Angeles. (That's the Griffith Observatory in the background.)

Forgot pic

Well in your example case it is due to an extremely high population mixed with a communist government. Those blocks exist in almost all ex-communists countries. Of course China is also a good example for both the keeping of tradition in architecture and the increase in modern buildings.

My man, NO ONE claimed these residential areas do not exist in modern cities. You can seriously drop this point, there is no disargreement. Once again, the original argument is about the ignorance of the statement in

I didn't mean to imply that living in a house means someone is poor, it is common for poor families who are based in a large city to do. Renting a small shitty house is cheaper than a small shitty apartment. People who are better off that choose to live in their own house usually live outside of the city

why is japan so comfy

I want to live in a place like this

Narrow streets and small building footprints. I've also noticed they put a lot of pot plants out the front of their homes.

This is not just communism, it's a worldwide urban design fad that continues in its purest form in countries with communist legacy. In capitalist countries it survives in some aspects of building codes.
Japanese building codes are different: urbankchoze.blogspot.com/2014/04/japanese-zoning.html
Also, I'd hazard a guess that japanese urban design is the reason behind the appeal of SOL anime. Those environments are INTERESTING to look at, even if nothing remarkable happens in them.

Any pics of current Gainax (dead)?

They have those in Japan. Where do you think the "commieblocks" in Monogatari came from?

>I've also noticed they put a lot of pot plants out the front of their homes.
I thought that shit was illegal over there

They're the NEET apartments.

I thought that was just SHAFT being lazy and copy/pasting patterns of apartments.

Japan has shitty "danchi" social housing as well. It looks shit everywhere because the government doesn't want to spend any money on it.

I dunno; would you watch a show about 3-4 cute girls doing cute things here?

Or even here?

Don't most seiyuus (and animators) probably live in these?