So Sup Forums, after the anime industry finishes taking its short break from isekai anime adaptions next cour...

So Sup Forums, after the anime industry finishes taking its short break from isekai anime adaptions next cour, which anime will dethrone Konosuba and become the new king of isekai anime?

Shield Hero, or Death March?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=glUBcN22t9s
twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/914561384632999937
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does every isekai protagonist look like Kirito.

Because it's a soulless and shitty trend and they're trying to make a quick buck off of retards who will consume anything, by and large.

You know, like all seasonal anime.

>Naofumi
>look like Kirito
Hahaha fuck off, he's about as far as you can get from the Kirito design while still being an average-looking black-haired Japanese MC. If anything he looks more like Touma.

Now Suzuki on the other hand is actually a shameless blatant Kirito clone.

>upper: man drowning in lolis
>lower: man drowning in BETRAYAL and DESPAIR
Hmm, I wonder which one will be the better story.
Really activates the almonds.

Certainly not Death March, I can say that for sure

How fucking new are you? Someone clearly hasn't watched Escaflowne.

I'm looking forward to the Tate no Yuusha anime.

>shieldbabbies thinking their shitty LN is any better than the rest of the isekai trash
Oh I'm laffin'

Shield Hero looks like Kadokawa actually put a budget behind it, unlike Death March, which looks more low budget than fucking Smartphone.

Shield bro anime is gonna be lit

I expected that they'd hand it over to A-1 but Kinema Citrus is an interesting choice.

Man I legit can't wait for death march, people got got so Butthurt from the asspulls from smartphone and death march is so much more sheer bullshit and every volume points oy more and more how Satou is the single most broke ass retarded plot addled bullshit MC.

>So Sup Forums, after the anime industry finishes taking its short break from isekai anime adaptions next cour, which anime will dethrone Konosuba and become the new king of isekai anime?

Flying Witches 4000

>mfw the dozens upon dozens of butthurt feminist articles that the weeaboo blogosphere will churn out the moment Shieldbro airs
Shit's gonna be great.

Destruction flag Otome whatever. Bakarina is a fun MC and doesn't look like Kirito.

M8 that's the most kino yes, but normal fags will salivate in the sheer grimderp that is shieldbro.

i hope death march is good since i haven't read it yet. shield hero kind of sucks since naofumi, as edgy as he is written, never follows through with any of his intents and the end result is he is just another pussy like everyone else in the story. not only that but there's also the plot armor which makes him stronger because he just so happens to discover game mechanics earlier than the rest. the other heroes are also just one dimensional retards that are only there to make naofumi appear better than he is in comparison.

Blame the industry for being more interested in shitty male idol adaptions than otome isekai.

>suddenly party hats

I think SH will be a more successfull one because of how it starts.
I'm having more fun with DM though because of the cast.

That picture of Archer summarises how I feel about this. I know it's going to be fun seeing people cry out,and complain, but I can't help but feel anxious about the whole situation.
How is Naofumi edgy? He behaves just like anyone who is falsely accused. He mellows out later on.
He could understand the mechanics better than everyone because he had himself to rely on, and because he had to work for his money. He had a month's time to discover how his shield worked.
What did the three heroes do in the meanwhile? Nothing of worth; they were basically unmentioned in the WN.

To be honest, I'm not a feminist and I don't have a vagina and I still felt embarrassed by the forced drama.

It'd have been more interesting if he actually tried to rape her.

I dropped Shield Hero when the loli had an instant growth spurt because she "leveled up". Why would you do that? Fuck rpg mechanics.

teenagers are more marketable

Not in Japan they aren't.
As a certain 18 year old German homunculus once said, "all Japanese are lolicons!".

This. Story would be better with loli Raphalia

>still being an average-looking black-haired Japanese MC
Arr rook same

I can't wait to see this animated.

Kindergarten tier story

>T. Brainlet
How's life treating you, bitchboi?

It's something incredibly unexpected and out of leftfield for a "serious" story, but it's something some people can connect with. It was handled nicely.

Shieldbro
Cuz most anime fans are cucks.

>How is Naofumi edgy? He behaves just like anyone who is falsely accused.
there's all different ways to react to being falsely accused. his reaction involved sperging out in anger and plotting revenge which, while amusing, doesn't deny that he painted himself as an illogical and evil character. he mellows out because circumstances started to turn in his favor, yet he still looks upon everyone with disdain and he'd still be the same if it weren't for that.
>He could understand the mechanics better than everyone because he had himself to rely on, and because he had to work for his money. He had a month's time to discover how his shield worked.
so did everyone else? rather, the shield hero is least independent since he relies on other/vice versa. the only reason he had the advantage was because everyone else not in the main story was poorly characterized. in short, the other heroes were one-dimensional retards that didn't have enough backstory to exist beyond the world that revolved around naofumi. they all knew they were summoned in a different world as heroes yet didn't bother to sate their curiosity with what they were capable of. yet they still jumped on the chance to get stronger once they see their differences.
>What did the three heroes do in the meanwhile? Nothing of worth; they were basically unmentioned in the WN.
and that's one of the reasons why i believe the story was poorly written. everyone is an incompetent nincompoop except for naofumi and co. i expected something more than a simple wish fulfillment fantasy but that was a mistake.

>unrepentant remorseless murderous villain
>punished by slap on a wrist and stern talk
>something some people can connect with. It was handled nicely.

>threadonlyfag thinks he knows what he's talking about
Read the WN, faggot.

I read manga, and dropped that that chapter. It was final straw.

Hold the fuck up, is that girl on the right wearing a choker?

Naufumi tortured+executed bitch and her friends and their(friend's) families. Happy now?

>Onii-chan hel-
>ded
That was erection inducing

Careful not to cut yourself on that edge.

Does anyone know who Naofumi's seiyuu will be?

Matsuoka

YAMERO

>black spiky hair

Only half of all male protagonists look like that, fuck off.

Fag

>Memesuba
>King of anything
You should go BACK

So what is the best isekai amimo if you had to choose?

There was a moment in the TnY teaser where the background track sounded like a bit like OM, I'd actually shit myself if they played an incredibly loud and overpowering riff that's slightly muffled as he loses himself in his anger.

What do you want? A blonde blue-eyed aryan saying "Me nihonese"?

This series would be better without rpg mechanics.
Status boxes are cancer.

So every """half"""-British girl that shows up in harem anime ever?

It's fine, a new loli was added soon after that.

I really hate this growing trend in harems where instead of the protagonist being a dense-ass motherfucker to justify him not banging any of the girls they just fill his harem with lolis instead to stop him from laying his hands on them (despite often being a closet lolicon).

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari.

This is kind of the first time i see this kind of reply.

raph looked better as a loli

Raph looked better with my dick inside her.

In what chapter does the WN pick up after volume 8 of the LN of shield hero?

She reverted into that from in volume 8 before meeting with naofumi again. Dont worry, she can still be a loli of she loses enough levels for some reason. Same with firo.
I think demihumans and monstersdo also kind of grow up with age but it's to the extent of being the lower limit they can be when they get back to lvl 1. Firo became a chick again when she got back to lvl1 as she was still practically a newborn.

What's different from the LN and WN?

This particular arc has not ended yet. But after vol 9, we have an arc with sadina at zeltbur and then the slave village. Kizuna and her kizuna doesn't appear again until vol 17

Illya in Carnival Phantasm, but she was more than a little bit biased.

I want him to look as cool as Necromancer dude

shield hero got spammed so much by CR that it's gonna be the most popular show in the west that season

I dont go to CR but, really?

Shield hero. Heard that it is quite popular around here.

I won't go to that website; could you provide some links and/or screencaps?

Blame re zero. It destroyed the industry bumping up the isekai genre

In vol 1&2, a few extra scenes. From 3 and onwards we see characters appearing early, events with different outcomes and more. Vol 5 with adapts Calmira island gets re-done, adding new characters and setting up things along with vol 6 and 7 for the events in 8 and 9.
It's better if you read them, the story improves by a lot compared to the WN.

>still no Kumo anime announced

Re:Zero wasn't the first isekai retard.

One day, though i don't see a good stopping point. Perhaps once she gets out of the cave or something?

Exiting the cave.
Apotheosis is they rush things/make it 2-cour (since apotheosis is delayed by several volumes in the LN adaption).

The latter is probably much better from a marketing standpoint since they can market Kumo's arachne and human forms (as well as D and Ariel).

Would people meme about D as much as we do here?

I want to give D the D.

Why did Death March even get an anime? I still don't understand.

Wouldn't she give you the D instead?

Who knows, how's it's sales data anyway? could be that they are looking forward to selling a lot of volumes with it

>Satou
>Naofumi

I'm happy. Next on my bucket list is Kumo and Slime.

Although, what I really want, is a Daraku no Ou anime.

Arifureta, Magi's Grandson and Overlord S2 are a thing too.

Because Kirito is sexy

Do demihumans age at the same rate as other humans or is their lifespan and maturity proportionately accelerated along with physical changes.

Raph is a fucking raccoon who looks 20 at age 10 thanks to leveling up. She had a horrible torture and murder filled childhood and is now a professional killer but even then she acts much more mature than a little kid should and has the vocabulary and mannerisms of an adult despite being young.

If the raccoons only live to be 40 then her only being 10 would make more sense

I would guess she'll get to live as much as a regular human can. But i would assume it would vary between species. Monster and demihuman bodies and minds seem to develop pretty fast once they level, up to a certain point, and they get to keep their knowledge and mental development even if they get their levels reset. Both Raphtalia and Firo could still use their spells and skills even when their levels got back to lvl 1. However they still have to eat a lot to keep up with how fast their bodies develop.

>She had a horrible torture and murder filled childhood and is now a professional killer
I wouldn't phrase it "horrible torture and murder filled childhood" since all of that happened in the span of a month or two. Though the wave was pretty fucking sudden and the aftermath was too much for a 10yr old kid to handle. And then she finally broke once her BFF died of cold and her dreams of rebuilding her hometown were utterly crushed. Naofumi just picked up the pieces and turned her into what she is now due to the circumstances and happenings.

>Even then she acts much more mature than a little kid should and has the vocabulary and mannerisms of an adult despite being young.
She still acts like a kid sometimes, specially when you bring up kids meals or how much food she ate as she was growing up. Though i really like how she scolds or calls Naofumi out on his shit and tries to set him right. She even turned on him when he got the new seven sins shield and became a megalomaniac.

>Arifureta
I keep seeing this but I can't find an actual news article for this.

youtube.com/watch?v=glUBcN22t9s
It's supposed to be some sort of "project" but most likely an anime at this point.

>implying it isn't a pachinko machine

>isekai-themed Pachinko
Turning this around a bit, was Pachinko isekai a thing before?

There was a vending machine isekai.

is this thread blessed by shieldbro?

I'm here, what difference does it make that i'm here?

wards off newfags most of the time

fuck off, don't bump the thread with your irrelevant shitposting. then again i wouldn't be surprised if you were samefagging just to increase your own e-penis.

i'm a purebreed user, i don't even know how to make a tripcode

Smartphone isekai novels and Infinite Dendrogram are currently on sale on Kindle btw

twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/914561384632999937

Only for Amurrikans and leafs though.

>Daraku no Ou
A man of culture I see. Lets hope the isekai anime train lands on our station

Eliza anime when japan, get on that GoT hype

>wards off newfags most of the time
>i don't even know how to make a tripcode
either you're incredibly retarded or you are indeed samefagging. fuck off.