Your Name was overrated anyway

J J Abrams doesn't have that high a hill to climb to make the live action version better. The original was just a slice of life rip off version of Remember11.

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/9/28/16378002/j-j-abrams-anime-your-name-live-action-film-paramount
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fucking Jew-Jew Binks is at it again

Is this real?

Yes, J J Abrams is making a remake of Your Name, use google.

Yes. I love it. Fuck Your Name.

I doubt this will ever actually make it to production, the backlash is pretty wide spread, not just on Sup Forums

why do people still care about Your Name at all??

>yfw J.J. Abrams discards the Your Name plot and turns it into Keit-Ai.

>JJ actually makes it
>Regardless of if it's progressive bullshit or not, it becomes one of the best performing movies of the year and one of the highest rated movies of the year
>It wins oscar for best picture, Abrams best director
>Abrams on stage at the ceremony
>"Thank you thank you, but really this isn't my story. Without the genius of Makoto Shinkai this movie wouldn't have existed. Shinkai-san, would you come down?"
>Shinkai walks to the stage nervous as fuck, shaking with fear
>extremely quiet speech and so heavily accented no one knows what he's saying
>he's actually saying he can't take things now being acclaimed and famous
>pulls out a knife and commits sudoku

>J.J. is going to adapt Keit-Ai to make up for the Oscar snub and for it to finally get an Oscar

FINDS

Okay so stick with me Sup Forums

So a young prodigy African American man communicates with a darling beautiful white girl and are constantly trying to meet and find out who each other is, however the evil racist white man is keeping them apart and it is only through the eventual end of racism that the two are able to meet as the MC "Isaac" gives a rousing speech ending racism then meets the girl in the crowd

There was no snub, Shinkai actually liked the asses of the committee to ensure he didn't get the nomination

I genuinely did love this film and it made my outlook on life a lot brighter, but I really would have not wanted it to be best-selling popular just to avoid this live-action predicament. Though to be fair, it mainly was a best-seller largely because of the Asian community and it would have been live-adapted by someone there, most like into a J-drama/K-drama, long before the West gets their adaptation out.

I really am sad though that the threads are forever ruined because of this. Everyone who watched it at he theaters had a good time discussing it and stayed civil within the threads, but keit-ai posters and contrarians who know of the popularity of this film (or really are just after the keit-ai posters) are going to keep coming at this point.

Hollywood can just market it as a Lake House ripoff

How can we somehow make this about race?

She's no longer deaf, but black, and he learns gangsigns to communicate, the rest of the plot stays entirely unchanged.

This is no KnK.

theverge.com/2017/9/28/16378002/j-j-abrams-anime-your-name-live-action-film-paramount

This news is what actually made me sit down and watch it. 7.5/10 movie, some moments destroyed me. Most likely this American adaptation going to be in development hell like the American Akira.

Oh, my bad, this garbage just all seems the same to me.

The only thing he can make is remakes anyway.

A literal hack.

No matter how much attention it gets, there's a very likely chance that it will do mediocre, if not flop. Abrams' name and credit is largely inflated, and his mindset is geared more towards popular franchises rather than his success with said franchises. There's been no news with the other anime remakes since the announcements, too.

PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo

And he can't even do them properly.

He should suck a hell lot to fail on this one.
It is not an too-fucked-up-for-movie-plot mechanism like death note and it was originally an live action.
Movies about body swapping is not new.

Also I do not expect fidelity on character because accurate mental representation of the characters in manga or anime in movies is 120% impossible.

This is embarrassing. Why is the west mainstream so obsessed with making live action anime all of a sudden? Fucking weeks..

I just found out about this movie 2 days ago (mainly because of this news), and watched it yesterday out of curiosity. Completely loved it. Pretty amazing, specially the story.

...But of course, Sup Forums is always here to shit on what's good and call it overrated.

what are the changes you expect to see if hollyjew decides to get it done?
>taki is now trayvon
>mitsuha is a wannabe bohemian
>mitsuha's father is a texas republican who vehemently opposes her daughter’s emancipation
>spitsake is now bukkake
>instead of diaries we get emails
>the abrupt deletion of emails is explained as the result of a virus created as an act of cyber-terrorism
>instead of a comet, we get a nuke launched by malfunction silo due to the virus
>it’s a Russian plot
>during the katawaredoki, instead of writing names they took a photo for snapchat
>mitsuha saves the day by exposing to his father proofs of Russian hacking
>timeskip
>they meet again but mitsuha is now a single mother
>both were riding trains headed to the welfare department
>trayvon disappears after the reunion sex, leaving mitsuha with a mulatto baby
>the film closes with an ig post by a fat mitsuha that gets a million likes

Stop bringing shitty western movies into an anime board faggot.

The original was shit.
The murrican remake will be more shit.

My sides would be obliterated if this is true.

Ah yes the common Sup Forums pass time of not actually watching anime but still commenting on it like their opinion matters.

Already a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Not your army newfag.

Abrams, Del Toro and all these Hollywood weebs need to fuck off.

with this /trash/.

If it doesn't have all asians in it, I won't watch it.

>Asians
All Korean/ Chinese cast incoming.

Ken Jeong lead.

Are americans phisically incapable of NOT ruining everything that is good in the world?

I loved it when I watched it but all the plot holes regarding the time travel stuff brought it down a lot. Still nearly cried like a bitch three or four times and by god what the ending implies is diabetes inducing.

Not anime. Back to Sup Forums, Sup Forumsermin.

>pulls out a knife and commits sudoku
Don't forget how then there's an immediate cut to a awkward j-pop montage scene

>Montage of all his films that nobody in the audience has seen.