If Haile Selassie's dynasty wasn't overthrown, would Ethiopia actually be a useful nation?

If Haile Selassie's dynasty wasn't overthrown, would Ethiopia actually be a useful nation?

>opposed modernization
>ethnically cleansed Muslim Harari from his country
>hated by Leftist human rights orgs
>OG-tier Orthodox Christianity
>formed Imperial Brass Band by adopting 40 children whose families were murdered by Ottomans & funding their musical education
>Soviets bankrolled a coup against his rule, because Communist Russia feared his international influence/prestige and his anti-Communism

Press F for the Ethiopian Kebab Remover.

Smoke da ganja.

No, that's Jamaican Rastafari. They pretend they're followers of the Ras, but if they were they'd be in Ethiopia.

Perhaps, they stood on their own against Italy and would have unified all those tribes. Look at Morocco just beating dissent and protecting people by just having a monarchy.

The Monotheism Meta-Theory:

>Melchezidek was the very first monotheist
>All subsequent monotheistic faiths are bastardizations of his original teaching
>Melchezidek, according to numerous writings, had his temple to the One God in Salem, long before it became Jerusalem, and Judaism co-opted the location for their own newly-created faith

They did stand up to Italy once (Italo-Abyssinian War) but the second time they didn't stand a chance. They've always had a pretty shitty location to build a good empire, but did pretty well all things considered, and constantly had to deal with Muslims which was a costly nuisance.

interdasting

moar?

According to Molyneux you need 90 IQ to hold a functional democracy, and even then only a shaky form of it.

>they stood on their own against Italy
choked on their own maybe

Yolandi Vissar has the world's stupidist hairdu in that video. I think that was the look she was after though.

I respect him so much, I actually wish Mussolini didn't invade Ethiopia and cause so much trouble there.

The sad thing is that most niggers don't even know who he was, and choose to support Marxism and degeneracy.

Harari weren't persecuted for being Muslims, you retard. Most Muslims in Ethiopia were not persecuted and were not Harari.

The Harari were a different ethnicity and were suspected of breaking off and joining with Somalia which led to their persecutions.

Somalia was actually more developed than Ethiopia and more successful until the 1990s.

Ethnonationalism can only work in Somalia because the vast majority of people in that country are made one of ethnicity (Cushitic group known as Somalis). They have a Bantu minority but that's all. Ethiopia has dozens of ethnic groups, both semitic and cushitic.

Just read up on Melchezidek. He was a figure in the OT/Torah that was already praying to a single God even before Abraham initiated Judaism as a concept/faith. If you read the passages where Abraham meets Melchezidek, you'll notice that Melchezidek was the king-priest of what eventually would become Jerusalem, and Abraham viewed him as a superior religious official. And if you want to get really deep, add on the fact that some scholars believe the passages regarding Melchezidek's priesthood & deity have been retroactively edited by Jewish rabbinical scholars to fit their narrative. If so, that would suggest that Melchezidek was a monotheist to a force predating Jewish concepts of God, & that would mean Abraham (the Jews' founder) saw the same monotheistic deity as his God.

Basically, Melchezidek was praying to God before anyone was, and even the Jewish founder respected him for it, long before there was something called Judaism.

They won the first Italo-Abyssinian War.

They lost the second one.

And then the Soviets came in & fucked it all to pieces.

Yolandi is god-tier Afrikaner genetic stock. She will bear me many tall blonde Dutch sons.

Niggers never respect the right leaders. That's why basically all of Africa's nations have had at least one military coup in the 20th century. They're too suggestible; you can convince them a dictator is great, and also convince them that a great leader is terrible.

Not solely because they were Muslims, maybe, but it was a factor:

>Muslim religion
>Arabic ethnic backgrounds
>Fought against Ethiopians in several historical conflicts
>Culturally incompatible w/ Orthodox Ethiopia
>Persistently attempted armed revolt from Ethiopia to join Somalia

Bumping for Eastern Orthodoxy

WE ARE SHUTTING THIS THREAD DOWN UNTIL THE POSTERS OF Sup Forums ADRESSES THE FOLLOWING

We Want An Immediate End To Police Brutality And the Murder Of Black, Brown & All Oppressed People

Every 28 hours a black person in the United States is killed by someone employed or protected by the government of the United States. Other communities are also criminalized, targeted, attacked and brutalized. We want an immediate end to state sanctioned violence against our communities
We Want Full Employment For Our People

Every individual has the human right to employment and a living wage. Inability to access employment and fair pay continues to marginalize our communities, ready us for imprisonment, and deny us of our right to a life with dignity
We Want Decent Housing Fit For The Shelter Of Human Beings

Our communities have a human right to access quality housing that protects our families and allows for our children to be free from harm.
We Want an End to the School to Prison Pipeline & Quality Education for All

We want an end to policies that criminalize our young people as well as discriminatory discipline practices that bar access to quality education. Furthermore, we want all children to be able to access free, quality education. Including free or affordable public university.
We Want Freedom from Mass Incarceration and an End to the Prison Industrial Complex

We want an end to the over policing and surveillance of our communities. This will hasten an end to the criminalization of black and brown people and hyper incarceration everywhere. Policing in the United States has historically helped to enforce racist laws, policies and norms. The result is a massive prison industrial complex built on the warehousing of black people. We call for the cessation of mass incarceration and the eradication of the prison industrial complex all together. In its place we will address harm and conflict in our communities through community based, restorative solutions

He certainly had prominent positioning for JFKs funeral services. I recall my dad telling me who he was and from where. America sure was different back then.

They're non Chalcedonian orientals, different from the Greeks and Russians.

We'll eithiopia defeated the Somalians because the soviets funded the commie regime in eithiopian during the war. I don't know what would happen if the same war occurred without any type of aid or the soviets supporting Somalia instead.

>just ready up on Melchizedek
>in the bible once
kys

Hell, I just learned of his visit before Dallas.

Sabotaging a thread discussing one of the last dynastic empires in Africa with obscurantist social theory designed to perpetuate social unrest. The irony.

Blacks like this are the reason the Derg could overthrow Selassie.

You're going to hafta' take a number Rastus.
Paco and his dreamers are ahead of you.

>thinking the Bible is the only source you need to study

It's a very telling fact that the Soviets were worried enough about Selassie to fund a coup against him.

Commies don't like nationalists or the religious. Selassie was both.

I want the removal of all non-whites from Europe.

After these demands have been met we will see a bout yours.