So recently Toonami just aired the episode of Dragonball Z Kai where Goku goes SS3!

So recently Toonami just aired the episode of Dragonball Z Kai where Goku goes SS3!

Unfortunately. Kai fucking ruined the scene completely.

Original version:

youtu.be/9F20IeFnG8w

Kai version:

youtu.be/X_FMibSdpIU

As you can obviously see, the Kai version is shit. Is it because Faulconer isn't present or is this purely nostalgia?

Give me your honest opinion Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/SSJ3_Power_Up
itunes.apple.com/us/album/ssj3-power-up/id92991980?i=92991549
youtube.com/watch?v=SAQDeU1uNh4
youtube.com/watch?v=vlLI02pvQIU&index=36&list=PLc3DLEM7wBTDR2xNL_3KRydkWxzyg01bT
youtube.com/watch?v=30Ksj4wtCRw
youtu.be/Z2Zmo4ZhIs4?t=24m57s
youtu.be/2cjbSgy3vSw
youtu.be/R8ef9Bj_0Ig
youtu.be/0PlFk6WeDHw
youtu.be/Vqu-V1jXLMU?t=3m44s
youtu.be/HYMtOwBSi9A
youtu.be/d7IvsW9xHnU?t=1m2s
youtu.be/TY-Erk1zWpw
youtube.com/watch?v=Mh4LJq3kGs0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

even cutting out 3 minutes of screaming and it's still SHIT

>Faulconer

? The Faulconer soundtrack is the best.

>SS
>not SSJ

As expected of Falcounerfags

He didn't do the ss3 theme.
And his soundtrack was mediocre as a whole, only some stick out and are actually better than the sub and kai.

The Kai version is just an embarrassment.

It's not only that. There's almost nothing going on in terms of sound effects. Whether Faulconer or not, having an energetic song in there helps tie together Goku's transformation and all the reactions to it.

I bet you say "Supah Saiya Jin" when talking about dbz too, fag.

>Faulconer
>original

It's pretty perfect. The music is on point and the voice acting is better. The dialogue is weird but not bad. Kai really did justice to that god awful 2002 American dub

In fact I do. I also wield a katana, wear a kimono and use honorifics, user-kun.

WRONG

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/SSJ3_Power_Up

Kai had superior Dialogue and Delivery.

Plus Super's music improved this. Faulconer NEVER knows how to stop playing and let some silence in. Kai improved all that shit.

You sound like one of those retards that think kai has no blood or cursing. Or probably just found out.

>help I can't read

What can't I read moron?

The original post said Faulconer didn't compose the SS3 theme, the Wikia says otherwise.

>trusting a wikia with absolute certainty
Search it for more than two minutes and you'll find something.

Eh. I at least have to give Funi credit for making Magetta's voice infinitely better in Super.

>Faulconer
Disgusting

Is this bait?

>not ssj

come on senpai

>itunes.apple.com/us/album/ssj3-power-up/id92991980?i=92991549

Is itunes a valid source?

Nope. I'll believe the wikia over some autist on a korean knitting board.

christ the Kai version is so fucking weak

like I seriously doubt this version would've been impactful to me as a kid

>Toonami
Not Sup Forums, newfag. Fuck off.

You must be a Gohan fag.

Fuck Jobhan, I'm a vegetafag

It's at least better than the French version.
youtube.com/watch?v=SAQDeU1uNh4

it's both nostalgia and the kai is also shit, the kai version cut the original music from DBZ and added some generic anime music while DBZ had a distinct good one.

As someone who didn't grew with falconer music it isn't as bad as many non americans say it is but it isn't remotely half as good as american make it, it can bve cringy but it's bearable.

SSJ3 was a horrible transformation, both designwise and in the a actual plot.

Only really annoyed that they changed
>and this is to go even further beyond

Worst transformation anyways and it was immediately abandoned because nobody liked animating it, oh wait, I mean "it gives a big boost in power but it also energy inefficient and therefore impractical to use."

It has also never won a single fight outside of movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=vlLI02pvQIU&index=36&list=PLc3DLEM7wBTDR2xNL_3KRydkWxzyg01bT
at 13:00
This isn't the only thing he didn't actually do either.

>Faulconer NEVER knows how to stop playing
Thats my one major problem with him. Other than that his music can bring out happiness and hype with ease

>right off the bat, this guy accuses anyone who prefers the Faulconer score of being blinded by nostalgia
Why cant you autists comprehend the possibility that some people might genuinely like his music more? "HURR IT MUST BE NOSTALGIA UR NOT A REAL DBZ FAN LIKE ME YOU PROBABLY LIKE LINKIN PARK ALSO LMAO IN THE END, IT DOESN'T EVEN MAAAAATTER." I like the original score too but I feel the Faulconer score, overall, is just more inspired and creative than the original. I actually like some of the tracks enough to listen to outside of the show. I can't say that about the original OST. Faulconer is a great composer.

We post actual sources, you post some shitty YouTube video with no sources cited whatsoever. Bruce gets the official credit, Bruce made it.

>is just more inspired and creative than the original

hahahaha no. Faulconer's music completely missed the point, just like all the other dub soundtracks that Funimation shat out.

>literally starts off the video with a disclaimer saying it isn't about which score you prefer

>hahahaha no.
Hahahahaha yes, I've heard both, Faulconer's is much more interesting.

There's nothing special about Faulconer, he's objectively no different than the Shuki Levi, Mark Menza, or Nathan Johnson music that Funimation also used. People wank Faulconer because it was the soundtrack used during the peak era of Toonami DBZ in 1999-2002, simple as that.

>a wikia anyone can change
>fucking itunes
>actual sources
I'm not saying youtube is trustworthy, but at the very least, this video had some effort put into it; but wait, you wouldn't know that because you're more interested in being contrarian than having a real discussion.

Fact

Then change the wikia to suite your head cannon.

Literally incapable of excepting that people just like one thing more than the other, iys actually amazing

Blame Funimation for that. They were the ones that demanded having music blare out 24/7.

Shuki Levy/Ron Wasserman was good too, nigga.

youtube.com/watch?v=30Ksj4wtCRw

It's missing that one line. THE MOST MEMORABLE LINE OF THE ENTIRE TRANSFORMATION AND THEY FUCKED IT UP!

>and this...this is to go even further BEYOND!

Chills literally run down my fucking spine when he says that!!

WHAT DOES IT MEAN Sup Forums ???

>is this purely nostalgia?
It is. Otherwise you'd prefer the original one which is better.

The original Japanese version sounds like shit senpai. Just because it's japanese doesn't mean you have to suck it off.

Did you grow up with the US version?

Honestly senpai I gotta go with kai's dub over the original funi dub. The revised lines and delivery give the scenes a lot more impact and really show off how much better these voice actors have gotten over the years. I'll always remember Faulconer's tracks, but the SS3 track felt too hype for what was playing out. Remember that Goku pulling out SS3 was a last resort to just stall Buu, not beat him. The kai track may not be the best, but it fit the scene better.

The Kai music is awful

I really wish a fan out there with professional editing skills would add the old dub soundtrack back in

Those mouth movements in Kai look like shit

Some have made a somewhat decent stab at doing that to the Battle of Gods movie. It's pretty shit at parts, but hearing the SSJ3 Powerup, Majin Buu theme and Super Saiyan Vegeta theme from the Faulconer soundtrack definitely was an improvement.

youtu.be/Z2Zmo4ZhIs4?t=24m57s

DESU Sean Schemell has been phoning it in a lot lately

The music is so overpowering. How do you fuck something that simple once? You're telling me that not once did a single person who worked on this said "Hey maybe we should turn the music down. People might want to actually hear the characters"

Saw the episode. All I think about was how much more amazing the transformation was than SSG and SSGSS. SS3 felt like more of a god than both of those cheap forms.

What is with that retarded gag music when Goku fights Beerus?

It's too bad because he actually tried with Kai but it seems he got bored playing Goku.

Wait what the fuck I didn't say Desu. What the fuck is going on?

are you new?

No I've just never had this happen to me before

No

lurk moar faggot

Prove it.

>aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for several minutes
Holy fucking shit, I watched this as a kid and I had forgotten how much shouting this series has.

How would that help? You can't know this happens without posting. I've never had it happen to me once except now in the whole time I've been here and I've never seen it mentioned

Its called a text filter. The first time I seen one was back in like 2009 when they would change words to Jabroni. I don't remember what the trigger was.

Idk how Sean Schemmel even has a voice anymore

This is the better version anyway
youtu.be/2cjbSgy3vSw

Kai is inferior to the original Dub in every way.

Vegeta's respect speech
youtu.be/R8ef9Bj_0Ig

Vegeta's respect speech in Kai
youtu.be/0PlFk6WeDHw

Vegeta's 'atonement' in the original
youtu.be/Vqu-V1jXLMU?t=3m44s

Vegeta's 'atonement' in Kai
youtu.be/HYMtOwBSi9A

Vegeta's Pride
youtu.be/d7IvsW9xHnU?t=1m2s

Vegeta's Pride Kai
youtu.be/TY-Erk1zWpw

Kai might be more accurate to the original source material, but it doesn't carry the same emotional weight or feeling the original dub does on iconic scenes.

>Failconer

Nobody outside USA cares about that shit.

Christ, the original one is hard to watch. I guess if you're used to it (=you grew up with it) it might be bearable but it's just so cheesy to me

WAAAAAAAAAA

Holy shit I'm dying

Kai has a problem with pacing...everything feels super rushed, even the moments which need more time for build up.

Dubfags should be hanged desu

I could never get into DBZ, even as a kid. It always felt cringey to watch.

I still don't get why people like it so much. Japanese dub may be bearable, but English dub as absolutely haram.

Fuck off and kill yourself, newfag. This was a huge thing not even two years ago.

If you prefer Kai over the original FUNimation dub, you have shit taste.

If you enjoy the Original then your mentally Retarded. The Original Dub was literally dumbed down to americans to understand. Fact.

Kai doesn't insult peoples intelligence with shit dialogue. And overplayed music that never stops. Which might I add was a mask for the shit acting and script. Fact.

In general the original dub was pretty bad until the Cell saga and became fairly acceptable at least in voice actor delivery by Buu saga, but the worst offense it did was every single aspect of Frieza. The casting, the voice direction, and the dialogue changes to him destroyed him making him say stupid shit like cowboy slang or awkward one liners in a monotone wheeze. It's a shame because the same actor did Genkai in YYH and blew it out of the park, it was just a horrible casting for her. They more than made up for it in Kai I'd say the current english Frieza with Chris Ayres is even better than Nakao, but I heard he's recently had some kind major lung disease.

In my opinion. I think the animation of Kai has a more cartoonish style than Z.
Also the music in Kai doesn't fit as well as Z.
I feel the entirety is less impactful in Kai compared to Z

Holy shit actually made me laugh with the pic you posted next to it.

>animation of Kai has a more cartoonish style than Z

What the fuck? Isn't it the same animation? Only the opening/closing sequence changed?

LE SUPER SAIYAN TROIS

This series is such a fucking joke

I think it's because Kai lightened the animation compared to Z which in turn makes the lines work more pronounced which ruins it for me.
Just my opinion.

Wow the Kai version sucks dog dick

what in the fuck

People who like Kai are people who are underage or raised in sheltered '[ray the gay away' christian families that banned 'the devil's cartoon' when DBZ was airing.

Fact.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mh4LJq3kGs0

Youre clearly an american with a 3rd grade reading level that lives with a single parent in an apartment. With marvel and COD Posters on your wall. And a diploma that was printed on the coupon section of the news paper.

Shut the fuck up you khaki shorts wearing retarded mouth breathing faggot.

Was done to fill in time I believe, chewing up 2 minutes with yelling was two more minutes for Toriyama to write

lol u mad

thats the longest yelling in the show

Looks like I struck a nerve. Do you put on your big boy pants when you watch Kai now?