ITT: What was on Sup Forums when you first came here

Happy 14th, Sup Forums. How long have you guys been here, and what was popular when you first came here?

I remember when the shitposting was about Haruhi and gentlemen of good taste watched Musashi Gundoh, which google tells me aired 2006. I might have been here earlier, but the Haruhi/Gundoh/Lucky Star/Gurren Lagann threads are what I can remember.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rn_usUIX2Bg
youtube.com/watch?v=mCFgGZPrtE4
youtube.com/watch?v=HfJJ_0FjCUI
youtube.com/watch?v=5Xx4tszZ-DE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

when lucky star fags rampaged the catalog. Trips are let run free like headless chickens

lol, yes. Also before /jp/, when Touhou threads were on Sup Forums and would get sagebombed over arguments about whether it belonged here.

When one piece was still relevant

the first time I came here was when 5D's got announced and it got a sticky, which half of it was people bitching about it getting a sticky in the first place

Fate/Stay Night anime, which flooded the boards so bad that for a while T-M discussion was banished to /jp/ and really only came back with Zero's anime release.

I miss Gundoh posting. To this day there's still newfags in threads who've never seen it before and act shocked when the OP is posted

They were discussing who is best girl between rei and Asuka

I think it was saimoe. I forget if it was rozen maiden or higurashi that year.

First thread I remember was some guy asking for a picture off the wrist watch from some Hyouka episode.

Animu and mango, and a whole lot of K-ON

Lucky star and gurren lagann

The neverending Red Vs Blue threads were on Sup Forums back then, but really it was more everything else in creation in a combined effort Vs Best Girl before the rebuilds

I'll never relive S1 Symphogear hype again.

I have been on 4chins for years, but started watching anime just about year and a half ago. Back then I thought i was too cool for SoLs, but people were saying then airing Flying Witch is good and I have been dreaming for S2 since then

Watamote

2008, part of the Code Geass R2 newfag cancer that ruined Sup Forums.

It was the time of my life though, and part of the reason why I'm still around, even if it wont ever be as fun.

[a / was the best at being the worst

Desu a- is that Fates ass?

>what was popular when you first came here?
Azumanga Daioh, Gundam Seed Destiny, Mai-HiME, Shingetsutan Tsukihime (the anime), Nanoha, Rozen Maiden.

I think this was probably the best period in the history of the web sight, at least if you extend it to mid-2007.

I think Madoka and Medaka Box were the hot shit when I started coming to Sup Forums oh and the Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency parts of the JoJo anime was wrapping up.

I have been here since 2004 and popular things here were Azumanga Daioh, naruto and bleach. That was before Naruto was banned wich was in 2006 i think.

There wasn't anything really memorable in the last couple of years, I feel sad for the people who found Sup Forums in 2014 and later.

I mean, I am here since 2008/9; I was just in time to witness the Endless Eight. Keion was a thing, too.
But are there any really memorable events in the last year that are on such a scale?

BREAKING YOUR FACE

GHOST BUSTERZ

Only Samurai Flamenco comes to mind.

Me too, it was the best and worst of times

Fun like this is not allowed anymore.

Yes it is, you guys just don't have it anymore because of all the sexual shitposting and cries of foreign invaders when someone is positive

Was that the one with Spinzaku? That was quite the meme for a while, and IIRC the board got flooded almost entirely with Spinzaku threads the day after that episode

>tfw half of Sup Forums is probably younger than Sup Forums itself

>cries of foreign invaders when someone is positive
Except most of the time, if not all of the time, it's actual crossboarders forcing their retarded "hype trains" with no fun or actual OC/content behind it. It's usually just either aping old Sup Forums threads, spamming smug reaction images or seasonal waifufagging.

The reason we can't have fun anymore is because those very crossboarders and newfags try too hard to fit in and everything ends up being unnatural. And then we the other newfags who shit on everything that doesn't abide by their idea of what Sup Forums should like and also the ones who don't even try to be part of the community and just stick to their generals.

OP here, I honestly stopped paying much attention to Sup Forums years ago since it got too fast to keep up with and the board was so limited compared to twitter and such.

The last thing I really got involved involved in was the buying up of the Watamote manga when it was released, and apparently that was in 2012? Since then I just pop in to see any interesting pic dumps are happening. Oh yeah, I looked at the 10th anniversary and moot retirement threads.

>no more Saimoe
>Hina never got her chance

>What was on Sup Forums when you first came here
moot

/jp/ was created long after deen/stay night though

Code Geass wouldn't have been nearly as fun if I didn't watch it with Sup Forums

The first anime I watched with Sup Forums was rokka no yuusha

But I came to shit on bleach for several years before that

People wanted to imitate Haruhi's dance in the ED of her first season.

They didn't just want to, they did, pretty much every con had people doing that dance.

Anime Expo
youtube.com/watch?v=rn_usUIX2Bg

Anime Central
youtube.com/watch?v=mCFgGZPrtE4

London Expo
youtube.com/watch?v=HfJJ_0FjCUI

Even, for some reason, a prison in the Philippines

youtube.com/watch?v=5Xx4tszZ-DE

It's gone now

The entire board was over-run with Chode Goose threads. It was pretty chaotic, fuck that anime. It will be interesting to see what the new season brings out in Sup Forums more than a decade later.

It'll live on in our hearts

Oh fuck off. People said the samething about code geass and that wasnt forced to you? Kill La Kill threads were fun but like always there is gonna be "no fun allowed" people like you who claim that everything is forced and it is nothing like in gool old days

Gundam SEED Destiny was airing, I've been here way too long

I remember Geass Sundays fondly, but that was when I was a cancerous Narutofag/Inuyashafag who came to Sup Forums for the first time, got told my taste was shit, and randomly stumbled into a Code Geass thread and got roped into watching it and posting on Sup Forums after every episode. At the time I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

It is amazing how just one show can make containment board.

Yeah and T-M powerlevel wank was partially responsible for that.

>That image
It's wierd thinking how shiggy diggy is now a more innocent time than now.

Accel spammer and infinite get threads.

Softest

Since before the split

The board was almost entirely full of threads about either Code Geass, Gurren Lagann, Lucky Star or Haruhi. There were always a handful of seasonal show threads thrown into the mix but it wasn't really like it is today where theres a good balance going on. Sup Forums was a lot more volatile back then too, the current userbase isn't half as outright nasty as the old one. The closest we get now is 'nice blog' comments when someone writes more than two sentences but thats nothing compared to the hostility I saw back in the day. Also loli threads.

>The closest we get now is 'nice blog' comments when someone writes more than two sentences
I dont know about that, i still see people telling saucefags to fuck off and shit like that.

I may have lurked Sup Forums sooner, but the first time I got into it was early April 2006 when the first episode of Haruhi was confusing everyone and we didn't have the second episode for context yet.

Samurai Flamenco is from 2013