ME!ME!ME!'s third anniversary is closing in. Yes almost three fucking years have passed

ME!ME!ME!'s third anniversary is closing in. Yes almost three fucking years have passed.
Why did it go as big as it did?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BEOfqJh8GvA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qttCHzsKx5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ironic weebs

Tied in to Khara and the Eva IP, high production quality, and

Its over the top nature and grim message

It was sexual, the other videos didn't get as popular and

Funny I kind of saw it as a fantasy made by someone who wasn't getting any.

It's became a meme.

And only 2 short. Oh, what a world, what a world.

Because it's full of tits

>Enjoyed the music
>They released the music later on
>Thought it was going to be 5 singles
>It was only one

I think this video really did bring on an entire new wave of ironic weebs.

Sage is not a downvote you fucking retarded redditard, and you didn't even actually sage you stupid motherfucker, holy shit.

It fit neatly into the "WTF JAPAN" meme to pull in normalfags while having a dark underlying message to appeal to anime fans.

I think your phone autocorrected "dork".

You could say it became a MEMEme

>and grim message
Is there really even a message? Do you just mean it's a cautionary against escapism?

Or cautionary against jacking off on drugs.

>Do you just mean it's a cautionary against escapism?

In the same sense that reefer madness was a cautionary against marijuana, yes.

Don't we have real problems to worry about? I mean, half of this site doesn't have permanent jobs, and those that do can't afford their own apartments.
Oh and reefer madness was awesome.

Because it looped it was DEEP, so normies had a reason to watch and like it without the normal stigma attached to anime.
They wanted to see some big anime titties, but had to pretend what they were watching had some other artistic merit before recommending it to others.

I don't think anyone became a degenerate because of reefer madness. Me! Me! Me! is genuine entertainment for the very faggots it seeks to warn.

Is that the bloodborne girl?

>normies

This shit died as fast as fidget spinners.

>normies
Come the fuck on, user.

>try to look up Me! Me! Me! on youtube
>it's 50% normalfags react to videos and 50% low quality altered pitch ed versions of the original to avoid copyright
the future is disgusting

*tips fedor/a/*
Ummmm, sorry sweetie but we use normalfag on these parts :)

Normalfags almost ruined it with their deluded theories to fuel their agenda

I used to think it was amazing but now I'll readily say it wasn't even the best short at the expo and is 2deep4u trash since it became too popular

Since when is preventing the rampant spread of /r9k/ on all of the other boards a bad thing?

Literally the entire internet besides other more obscure imageboards use normie

Read the post again, carefully, feel ashamed and stop posting for the day.

Because they're afraid to say faggot.

>Why did it go as big as it did?
No idea, I haven't heard a single explanation about what's so deep or meaningful about its message.

Ass and titties are nice though. I listened to the audio for like a week straight after the release and remember cringing a bit mentally everytime the barf scene played.

Well animated, entertaining, actual message behind it, and lots of T&A shoved in our faces somehow without being trashy.
Basically it went far above and beyond any tv anime airing at the time, why wouldn't it go as big as it did?

>the rest of the internet does it, that means that Sup Forums (and Sup Forums in general) should do it too
Might as well start using nigger slang and obsess over Miley Cyrus.
In reality, there are rules which probably punish people who say "nigger", "faggot", "cunt" and other words in that vein. Would one really want to have these words attached to your real name and face? I'm not a first-worlder so I could care less, but I can see the concerns of people. They're afraid of losing face and being branded "homophobes", "racists" and whatnot.
Anonymity gets rid of that. People can't lose face in anonimity; there's no real or perceived threat. What people say in anonymity is more or less how they really feel about things.

I'm not even racist. I'm simply jealous how blacks get to keep and openly flaunt their identity, while I have to pretend to be american in most social situations. Essentially, even when using my own fucking language.

I want to say TeddyLoid+anime tiddies, but sadly this is more accurate

Pretty much this.

Still a jam though

>half of this site doesn't have permanent jobs, and those that do can't afford their own apartments
Got anything to back that assumption up? From what I've seen, most people here are doing fine monetarily (at least, those that leave any hints of their financial situations).

Wow, who knew youtube wasn't a good place to experience your animoos, if only there were an alternative that let you play the files locally on your computer rather than by streaming the video on a website that's beholden to copyright takedowns.

This is dumb logic. Being a normie is entirely different from being a faggot.

That video was one of the first point where I realized normies were all watching anime now.

>normie

>normie

That's precisely why you and them get offended.

Thanks for correcting me, I forgot /r9k/.
I'm commenting on their usage of the word and told them to leave, I'm not using it myself you dip.

yeah but you're on Sup Forums, we're all faggots here

but that's just it
if it's so easy to circumvent why even bother

Not him but I would be pretty inclined to agree with the other user that, maybe not half, but definitely a large amount of the userbase are either NEET, temp, or underachievers/from pretty poor backgrounds. I'd love to be proven wrong but video games and anime tends not to attract the most socially adjusted or stable people.

Not that guy; I know that you're more or less correct - I've seen anons talk about their finances and whatnot before; but where did you get the 'anime tends not to attract the most socially adjusted or stable people" bit out of? I mean, I won't deny it; but could you back that up in some way?

Am him.
Whenever people mention their problems, they are always the specific problems of the unemployed, precarious workers and the lower class in general.
It's always depression, anxiety, bad parenting, lack of self-esteem, loneliness and social exclusion. Things symptomatic to the Erased. You will very rarely if ever hear an user complaining about the problems of priviledged people. No one will make a sad thread about not getting into Stanford or whatever's considered the elite school in their area. Anons never complain about the government taking their mercedes and driving licence, or about being forced to go into rehab. You will never hear about the sugar daddy buying the wrong color of plugsuit. When people blogpost, they don't blogpost about being disappointed after an enviromental protest or a major concert aimed at upper class kids. If you go into a redline or tokyo drift thread, you may or may not notice most people here don't even drive.

Catchy song, attractive anime girls

Perhaps these anons have some in-built filter; blogposting is usually looked down upon, but there are somewhat acceptable things you can blog about, and there's things that make you sound like a whiney bitch. Most anons have enough common sense to avoid doing the latter.

Its funny this was supposed to make you think about the plain sexualization in anime and turned out to be a meme video that made people realize the dangerous quantity of normies watching anime unironically

It's still a more or less random sample from people who aren't related to one another. When people here lose their NERV, they lose it because of something specific to the underclass.

Oh, I see... We truly are MEMEMEā„¢

Fair enough. I'd reckon that the majority are upper lower class; not exactly hovering right above the poverty line. Just enough to sustain oneself and perhaps spend some money on "luxuries", but not exactly throwing money around. Lower-middle class would follow closely; I had plenty of opportunities to see people's homes on Sup Forums years ago (I hate using anecdotes for this, but I've looked at them for years), and it more or less backed your opinion. There's a majority of people who are above poverty - people that can just take care of themselves and themselves only, followed by people who still live alone, but have more money they can spend on "luxury items", such as higher quality desks and furniture, followed by a few richfags.
I don't really think that NEETs on present-day Sup Forums are in such big numbers as they were in the past so I'm leaving them out of this.

Because the most socially adjusted or stable people are normalfags and normalfags aren't allowed to like anime. There are certainly individuals who are successful in life who don't give a shit about how others perceive them (I can think of musicians, actors and other artists who actually like anime and stuff), but usually those are a little bit mutually exclusive.

I don't have statistics but come on man. Just look at people who hang at conventions, young teenagers into anime or the rare few adults who make it out in public and you *know* they are into it.

It, like certain occupations, attracts certain personalities. Just so happens a lot of those personalities are poorly adjusted. There are of course exceptions and it's not quite as definitive as others. But to be into anime to begin with, you got to be a bit of a nerd. Some hide it well but most don't.

carlos, please. Dont.

Were there any other lewd as fuck videos in the series? I know there's that one where Japan becomes a dictatorship and has some lady fucking her way up.

Personally I always liked Girl more. The song was better.
youtube.com/watch?v=BEOfqJh8GvA

From what I've seen at times when I had work, the only people who care about perception and normality are those that are close to the poverty line or active seeking a better job.
People who are socially secure do not care about either acting or looking professional. It applies to both talking about chinese cartoons and acting out of line.

Not him, but check out Casette Girl. It's from the next year's Anime Expo.
It's not as lewd, but it's rather fanservicey in nature, and there's a nude shot from the back at the end - her breasts are visible, but there are no nipples, though.
It's not animated as well as MeMeMe, too.

Convention crowd is like a whole seperate fandom or group of people compared to this one.
Oh, the cringe.

>Three years
Stop lying user. There's no way that's possible.

>Why did it go as big as it did?
The girl singing had an sexy as fuck voice, made the song work. The animation was pretty cool too.

Boobs and youtubers posting about that weird lewd anime short called Mememe.

>see Me! Me! Me!
>feel it as a strong urging against my ever worsening lifestyle where recreation takes the place of personal growth and development
>realize I'm on a downward of spiral of negativity and that I've been retreating into myself with distractions that will cause more negativity and the need for more distractions
>years later remember it fondly as another means of entertainment

Basically this, the mix of a good song, anime, d33pness and titties attracted normalfags like fishes.

I couldn't help but notice that Hibiki Yoshizaki's other short, "GIRL", didn't attract much nearly as much attention.

The "sequel" is unironically better.

The chronic remix? It's miles worse.

This one you baffoon

Oh "sequel" not sequel. Right, right.

Is Output the sauce, or just output?

Stop posting and watch more anime

Okay nevermind, i found it.

>3 years
how
how

I don't think i ever watched all of the complimentary music videos after Gurren Lagann. And I watched TTGL centuries ago.

Yeah. He should have used normiefag like every cool and new hip user. It's the perfect synthesis of normalfag and normie, triggering both sides.

What a newfag

This anime short was really good and I enjoyed shelter as well but I kinda came here at the right time because I've been looking for an anime short for about two months now and I'm not joking. I've asked everywhere I could possibly think of after endlessly searching the internet with no results and nobody will even acknowledge it existed ever and I know it does but can't prove it to anybody. I know you guys would most likely have the answers but there's never been a thread where it was appropriate to ask. The anime short is about a grim reaper anime girl who kills people but doesn't enjoy it and she saves somebody I think it was an old man from commiting suicide in front of a train or subway or something and essentially kills herself. It could be classified as an anime short or music video because I think there was music playing. I'm actually pretty desperate here guys. It kinda sucks because you can't look for anime shorts with music without hundreds of shelter videos popping up.

Also the quality was so good in the short that it had to be very popular. It's not something just a couple of people could do if I remember right. It's about the same quality as shelter and me!me!me!. I just don't understand why I can't find this damn thing considering how good it was.

>grim message
What's grim about asking weebs to stop being weebs or else their hot girlfriends will leave them?
It doesn't even fucking apply to any sort of real life situation.

>weebs
>having hot girlfriends
biggest problem with the video is how unrealistic it was

I came here to post exactly this.

That anime short actually made me tear up. I don't remember the name though.

All hope is lost.

there was some yandere killing and the killer was 2d so the message is don't drugs kids

There was definitely music and I remember it was actually pretty damn good. Also I think she actually looked nothing like a grim reaper from what I recall even though she sort of had the same job.

No, the issue is that they're using "normie" as an abbreviation to avoid the proper term, "normalfag," which would get them called offensive.

I think she was wearing like a green hoodie or sweater or something maybe. I just don't remember. My brain is fried from video games and anime. There might have been rain in the video. She was jumping around on buildings and stuff pretty happily at the start of the video I'm pretty sure of that.

Wasn't it implied that the MC was a more or less completely average before and had managed to score a cute girlfriend, but he discovered anime/manga/vn/lns later on, became an anime otaku and his life changed (for the worse) because of it?
In some way, they're trying to guilt-trip the viewer - "You could've had a girlfriend too, had you not gone down this path"

I liked the hitchhiking robot one

Yes I found it! I just remembered she made people commit suicide instead of killing them herself so I literally had to type in suicide anime as a fucking long shot and found it! Turns out I overestimated the quality. It's not as good as shelter and mememe but it was actually pretty damn good in my opinion and still deserves a mention.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qttCHzsKx5I

dumb phoneposter
thanks

>message is don't drugs kids
I hate it whenever I drugs.

>Wasn't it implied that the MC was a more or less completely average before and had managed to score a cute girlfriend, but he discovered anime/manga/vn/lns later on, became an anime otaku and his life changed (for the worse) because of it?
That's one possibility. The more reasonable one is the cute girl he 'loses' isn't a literal past acquaintance but his idea or representation of what a successful future would look like. In that sense it's very realistic, maybe too much so, as often very high expectations are what cause people to go down 'that path'.