The Canadian Dream

Being a fresh college dropout I turned my head to Mister Trudeau's homeland. Having family living in Ottawa for almost 2 decades now I contacted them with the idea of flying there to work for a couple months with the intent of finding work and saving up a bit. I know it isn't as simple as just going to a McDonald's and asking for work. No matter what kind of work I find it'll still be about 3 times more than what I earned up to this point. Having a place to stay and food to eat at my aunt's place I came to the conclusion that it would be a really fun adventure, especially for someone who's never been there. Im open to any job suggestions as my work experience isn't the greatest my only job ever being a helper at a small car workshop (mainly wankel/rotary engines). The only thing I have to do in order to make the whole journey happen is to find a job. Any ideas my fellow canadabros? Hail the leaf!

Ah yes, you're going to get a wonderful taste of out world-renowned vibrancy, and the unique experience of being a white minority in a supposedly white country!
If you go to Toronto, you can rent a room with other Poles for 600, and get a job almost intantly in moving, renovation or something like that almost straight away by talking to other Poles. It will pay around 100-150 a day.

Ottawa is quite small, but you can do a similar thing there considering your accommodation will already be taken care of.

Bro I live in Ottawa, and lemme tell you, you're not gonna have much luck finding a job. The government just upped the minimum wage to $14 an hour and businesses are reacting by cutting hours and firing people. And as a college dropout, none of the tech firms here would hire you for anything.
But you've got some mechanical experience? Maybe there could be something for you. Try Indeed.com and see if there are jobs there.

I think he should just skip Ottawa altogether, it's a hole and he'll really struggle to get a job. There are only a few games in town when it comes to Canada:
1. Go to Alberta and make a shitload of money on the oil rigs (currently unavailable) 2. Go to Toronto, see what Multiculturalism actually looks like, live in your ethnic enclave like a true Canadian.

My mistake, their home isn't necessary in Ottawa but about 50km away (no idea where exactly yet) so I'd also have to take the cost of transport under consideration. Also working illegally is not an option as they work for the government, the funny thing is they are the ones who got me into politics... kind of by showing me some rebel media videos back in 2014 I think.
Yup I got it covered but with a month of preparation I'd be able to pay for myself for a couple weeks becouse I already have some money saved up.
That's exactly what my aunt told me, can't legally work over 40h a week and earn less than 14$/h but even that is over 3 times as much as I earned up to this point (around 3.8$/h with only 7 hours a day. Thanks for the link, at least thats a start.
I'm pretty tan for a pole and also I'm wasn't raised catholic so I could claim being a refugee running from the xenophobic neo-facist 98% catholic poland

lmao what about Walmart?

Can you work here legally?

No idea, I tried doing some research but all I get are meme articles from 2 years ago. Would you mind spoonfeeding me in a sentence or two?

peoplekind

Basically, you can't go to Walmart of McDonald's or any other such miserable job and work legally, cause in order to do that you need to go through the immigration process/refugee.

You can forget about working legally.

The upside is that the cash work will pay practically the same as Walmart-type jobs, potentially more. You have exactly ZERO risk of getting in trouble for working for cash, it's a whole economy of its own.

You sure? My aunt told me that working for cash is practically nonexistent in canada, at least in the bigger cities

I live in Ottawa and graduated from college tech program and can't get a job. You have no chance dude lol. If you come here and can't work legally, the only thing I can think of is day labourer. 80 bucks a day for 10 hours work.

She dien't know jack shit. I can get you a job in half an hour in Toronto. The bigger the city, the more cash jobs there are, and generally the better-quality they are.
The Chinese have been buying industry here too, and offering an enormous amount of work.

Thing is, if tou look at the statistics for employment in Ottawa, the vast majority of jobs are office-drone type, and the majority of those are for the government. People who work for the gov't are bureaucrats who generally don't understand the more complex reality, for example the realities of the job market. O have friends who work for the federal gov't, and it's basically just a protected bubble where you get to do almost nothing and have a large salary, ridiculous amount of vacations, insurance etc.

Would be ABSOLUTELY fine by me
Fair enough, where else should I look besides the site you linked for those sweet manual jobs

C'mon over then, it would be a nice change of pace to see a foreign white man here. Look up 'Handy Man' in Little Italy.

Just hook up with Poles. I'm Russian/Jew, it works exactly the same. Go to Polish store, take Polish newspaper, look at the classifieds, that's all cash jobs and probably for more than 80$/day, more like 100-120 usually.

Don't go through native Canadians, they're mostly unhelpful and have their own employment problems. To someone like you, they have little to offer in terms of advice or help.

Huge thanks to you bros, definately will cite you in the next skype call.
One last thing tho, what are the costs of living considering I'd want to pay for my own food and other basic stuff, a conservative estimation would really be welcome

About 400-500 for food, 100 transport

Goodluck!
Have fun on this adventure. Leaf Sup Forumsacks will always be glad to help a real Polack make it here

I pay about $200 a month for food (I stick to cheap stores and eat mostly meat and veggies). Toiletries like shampoo and TP cost about $30 a month. Haircuts $20 a month. Remember to factor in things like clothes once every year or two and health insurance.

Good luck dude. Canada gets shit on for being degenerate but its mostly contained to the busy parts of big cities. At the end of the day outisde of Quebec it's pretty much America Lite and considering how rough you seem to have had it you're probably gonna really enjoy living here.

Did you mean monthly or weekly? Even in the worst case scenerio and if my math is right I'd still end up with over a thous bucks a month saved (3 times as much as I ever got paid in the first place)
That sounds like a lot of luxury to me desu, makes me even more enthusiastic about the whole idea.

>all those people making Sup Forums threads on Sup Forums

>discussing canadian job market isn't politics related
shoo gypsy

>politically INCORRECT
gl with your toilet scrubbing potato nigger

All the jobs here are shit, and even those are in low supply. The government and general public is cucked beyond belief, and the weather blows for 9 months of the year.

I would go to America if I were you; more opportunity.

Unfortunately we aren't living in the good ol' times of being even "able" to migrate to the US, especially for us poles, the niggers of europe who still can't travel to the US without a visa or a family invitation.

>Leaving National Poland to come to POZ Canakanda

wtf man?

UK?

Leaving this retarded commie boomer shithole for a diversity circus that pays 4 times the money seems like a pretty comfy deal to me

In theory UK is an option but considering what kind of country it is atm I'm gonna pass. The Netherlands is a much much better option than the UK and I'd love to try and go there in the summer. My brother already did that and if I get the oppurtunity to go with him this time I'll definetely take it.