Fate/Apocrypha

What is seriously wrong about apocrypha? I can't tell how it is worse than the entire franchise.

No cute lesbians. Too many old farts.
Everybody is constantly looking for trouble. No one is ever just leaning back and having a good time. Even Shirou refuses to use his cooking skills to conjure up some amazing dishes.

In short, it's pointless.

Shit story with shit studio.

It's got pretty decent fights though, which is all you could ask for. So I for one won't be complaining about it.

There’s going to be far less old farts in the second half.

Why is the sound design so bad?

>made ripper a loli.
>with revealing design

why do they pander to pedophiles? ISHYGDDT anymore

SF Jack is awesome.

apocrypha is a mistake. There's nothing good about it. Even opening ost is shit.

Can someone say a real argument why this anime is bad besides the fact that Sieg is a bad character, and the sound design is ugly?

There's literally no reason to root for either side to win.

Assassin is the only good thing in it.

I think it becomes pretty clear which side are you supposed to root for after the last episode.

of the red? true.

>one side is former nazis who literally want the grail because their leader is selfish and wanted eternal life
>the other is led by a former apocyrphal saint that wants to "save" humanity no matter how many he has to kill in the process

>3 servants, ruler, all the main characters
>6 servants, ruler, 1 antagonist
The nazi side lost all their retarded masters anyway. Only a few normal ones are left.

Why? How is edgy loli better than the other characters?

>knock off Kotomine
>no Hero Emiya

Does anyone else hate sieg?

too many throwaway characters. not enough Mordred and Top Dad having an adventure.

Reddit is the other way.

I didn't read the original material. My biggest problem is that there are too many characters and yet not enough characters to make me feel like this is war.
I like the anime though.

Everything about it just feels forgettable and empty. There are so many characters you're not really given a reason to care about any of them. The one that came close was Berserker of Black but now she's dead.

When you have 14 servants, 14 masters, sieg and two rulers to keep track of nobody gets any real development or characterisation.

Apocrypha was doomed from the start.

5 Masters of red are not even characters.

I know crippled onee-chan wishes she had legs even though she has a sweet-ass magitech apparatus that's BETTER than weak fleshy muggle legs, and her otouto wants to make loving fuck to a stoic girl who grunts a lot because she was abused by her dad. Also the fujo is angry that she summoned a gay hero who won't dick her because he's too busy lusting for big thick dragon dick (along with JEANNU.) and, lets no forget, a lol so random murderloli.

It's just terrible on all fronts

Even if we subtract the puppet masters of red we still have this confusing mess of badly fleshed out characters:

>Sieg
>Jeanne (ruler)
>Shirou (ruler of previous war)
>Darnic
>Vlad (black lancer)
>Gordes
>Siegfried (black saber, now inside sieg)
>Fiore
>Chiron (black archer)
>Celenike
>Astolfo (black rider, now owned by Sieg)
>Roche
>Avicebron (black caster)
>Caules
>Frankenstein (black berserker)
>Reika
>Jack the ripper (black assassin turned chaotic neutral)
>Kairi
>Mordred (red saber)
>Atalanta (red archer)
>Karna (red lancer)
>Achilles (red rider)
>Shakespeare (red caster)
>Spartacus (red berserker turned black berserker)
>Semiramis (red assassin)

Way too rushed for the large cast.
There is barely any time for the viewer to even try to appreciate any of them, berserker excluded.

I'm still mad about Shiro Kotomine, with a character and a name like this they could definitely have started some really fucked up shit.

>shitty faggot MC
>shitty trap goody guy Rider
>shitty nobody masters
>90% of heroic spirits are shitty useless fucks that literally cant do nothing
>shitty plot
>fights doesnt seem as dangerous or interesting as Fate/zero or UBW (probably because of useless Masters/Heroic Spirits)

At first I thought something was wrong with my MPC settings, but yeah it's just really really bad.

They said "fuck it" to hiding the Servant's names, and the whole Master-Servant relationship is non-existent, save for a few Masters
Remove those and all you have left is the fight scenes, which are so-so
And they keep trying to make Sieg something like a main character when nobody fucking cares about some shit homunculus

When did Sieg learn the spell needed to make a contract with a servant? I don't think he heard it before.

Getting command seals automatically teaches you how to make contracts with servants.

to me it sounded like he just said the most pompous things he could think of

the contract could be ended by any master and servant which came in agreement

becoming a master or servant might be the hard part, but which some get thru by luck

Yet, Strange Fake is handling a somewhat similar treatment adequately.

It is a matter of writing before it is a matter of premise.