Removing historic statues

Why are people ok with communist statues being torn down?
They are a part of history just like confederate statues.

Other urls found in this thread:

rbth.com/articles/2011/12/20/1971_war_how_russia_sank_nixons_gunboat_diplomacy_14041
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Lenin
>part of Indian history
no

I say leave them up. Anyone offended by a statue or art depiction of anything is a damn fool.

> German Flag
> Defending Lenin

Yup, checks out.

First of all, Lenin has nothing to do with India. Second of all, Lenin represents a Leninist-Marxist ideology.

Confederates were Americans fighting for the south against Northern Aggression.

There wasn't a strong globalist Jew ideological component to the Confederacy other than Southern Patriotism.

I unironically believe we need to keep them up to remind us of how history is viewed over time whether we like it or not

All history should be preserved in its HONEST entirety. Obviously that would mean some particular (((hoaxes))) would need to be corrected, but as far as historical figures are concerned, they should be remembered for their good or ill.

but thats your perception, i think statues thanking the russians for liberating Germany are a bit over the top, but that doesnt change the fact they are part of history, some nigger might think a confederate statue is a sing of black opression or something like that.
well they had a communist goverment no?

Mass produced Chlenins don't have any value.

They are part of a foreign ideology imposed on Germans, Poles, and the majority of Eastern Europe.

Leninism is a Russian Judeo-Bolshevik ideology.

What the fuck do Russians have to do with India?

India tore them down the same reason Poland and many other countries did.

Communism wasn't their invention or part of their natural path as a country. It was a time of when communists conquered, lost the plot, and collapsed. No reason to dedicate public space to such garbage.

I had a Ukranian friend who told me that after Crimea was annexed the Ukrainians started tearing down statues of Stalin, who wasn't even Russian.

some communist statues should stay.
some confederate statues should stay.

some communist statues should be torn down.
some confederate statues should be torn down.

a lot of these statues, in both cases, are mass produced schlock propped up not in legitimate memorials, but as propaganda.

i know Sup Forums hates to acknowledge that, but a lot of those statues are one of 5000 copies with their duplicates spread across small parks across the nation.

much like a lot of work of lenin and stalin is mass produced trash propped up in every village in order to remind the people who's thumb they were under.

there are numerous legitimate works of art and meaningful memorials for both, and both deserve remembering, and the time period deserves honoring for both it's horrors and its victories.

they should be kept if they're: original, in a place of related significance, or a specific memorial.

we don't need 3000 statues of lee in every city in the deep south.

he deserves statues at places of victory, in his home, at arlington outside his house, near established confederate historical sites, etc.

its too bad the people trying to tear down the statues are even more retarded than having a mass produced statue, and put up paper mache pregnant black ladies and say its "woke".

god, i hate them so much.

Commushits destroyed a lot of history, so they deserve none.

Agree. Keep those sickos up.
It's not to glorify them, it's to remember what kind of shit they put out on our world.

Fuck them.

but thats the same faggotry the left uses, you just added the point that it is foreign, erasing history is just retarded if its good or bad.
fair point
>its ok when we do it

No, the confederacy is part of American history.

Leninism re-wrote history in its own image, imposed it on others, and put up statues, until their ideology failed. Erase it once and for all.

its retarded, plain and simple

There should be statues to Marx and countries practicing his systems
Not the mutant breeds spread off like cults from the Church

it's not just statues we would remove a lot of commies too, one way or another. You don't leave cancer cells in your body for the sake of history.

Because the enemy should not be entitled to the same standards as us. Which is to say we should defend our monuments, history, and people, while destroying theirs. After all, it's what they're trying to do to us. If you think protecting the Lenin statue means that they'll stop tearing down our monuments, then you're wrong, and doomed to fail. But frankly Germany was doomed since the Iron Curtain fell.

Confederates were full of Jews. Way more Jews in the confederacy than the union.

>head decapitated and flung away
ahahahoaa kek everytime

sure the confederacy is part of americas history, but so is communism for some countries, just because some dudes did something you dont agree with doesnt mean you can bulldoze history.
>Because the enemy should not be entitled to the same standards as us
thats just retarded reasoning, should leftists also not have freedom of speech?

No, they should not. Because they've consistently tried to shut ours down. As such, we should not only retaliate, but ultimately succeed where they failed and impose upon them the conditions that they sought to impose upon us.

probably true, might aswell go full fash with all your remaining white votes befor you will be a democrat hellhole for the rest of time.

Don't worry, we'll have a South Africa tier situation here by the end of the century.

>Leninism re-wrote history in its own image, imposed it on others, and put up statues, until their ideology failed.
So did new south revisionism.

no, it will probably be far less climactic, a great ape uprising would be funny, but you will just have beaners voting for open borders for the rest of time.

Yeah and eventually they'll start voting for really outrageous shit. IE: land grabs and such, reparations, etc.

They are part of history where times were shit. Times were hard and depressing. Why would you want to be reminded of that daily?

>Why are people ok with communist statues being torn down?
They're hypocrites. I'm not in favor of tearing down any historical statues or monuments because it's best not to forget history.

>"why are you cutting out cancer cells, it's part of your body man!"

Lol, I hope the Indians melt that thing down for toilet seats. Go go India!

agreed

dont think so, i doubt beaners think of the US as their rightfull clay, but maybe they will steal texas from you.
isnt that good? constantly reminding people how shit their country was under communsim?

Easy. Communists were largely Jew or Jew-funded tyrants. The Confederates were noble people who fought for their independence.

When everyday you go to work and see communist monument it has an effect on you. Better collect them and place them in some remote park(like we did)

Maybe, but when the economy almost inevitably goes belly up, they might try and blame someone.

>it has an effect on you
sounds pretty gay desu, the same argument could be made for the confederacy stuff, but i agree, moving them somewhere is way better than destroying them.
comfy civil war?

More like a fucking bloodbath where the small handful of Americans who aren't pic related have to fend off wave after wave of patchwerk monsters.

Past war propaganda had quite a strong effect on Germany

in what way?
lets hope it happens in our lifetime

Fuck commies.

>isnt that good? constantly reminding people how shit their country was under communism?

It doesn't work like that. A statue that you've seen every fucking day of your life does not mean what it means to the person who has seen it for several times.
Imagine yourself going to work/school on a bus and seeing this shit out the window every day. Would you think "damn those times were hard" EVERY time? Didn't think so.
Also, as people ITT already mentioned, it was nothing noble or great what the regime and people that are praised in the statues/monuments did and stood for.

Better collect them and place them in some remote park(like we did)
actually one of the few things that have been done right in this country for decades desu

so do these statues legit cause an emotional response in you?

I really wish we finally started desovetization. It's fucking disgusting how every city has literally the same Lenin, Red Army, Kirov, Komsomol, October streets, squares, districts, park names, fucking everything.
Every city is guaranteed to have a major Lenin monument on its central square and some 5 more scattered through the city.
I am not making this up, perfectly serious and those are perfectly realistic numbers.

I'll gladly have one Lenin but not as the main monument of the city, a street or two named after Soviet leaders, whatever. Prominent monuments are fine when they belong (like Staling in Gori, but Georgians are fucking cucks), but the current situation is just beyond ridiculous and there's nothing historical about it.

You guys even keep Lenin's dead body in a glass in a special tourist attraction. LOL

When will you guys bury that communist garbage in the dirt where it belongs?

Land Grabs, etc. are a strictly Communist thing.

Mandela was a communist nigger.

That shit in South Africa all stems from Communist ideology.

Ergo: tearing down communist statues is a good thing, as is purging Marxists who don't respect property rights.

Agreed

>communists gloat about supposedly being atheists and removing all gods and idols
>they've kept this guy on display and gather round to worship it for how long now

Even Comrade Lenin would have had enough by now.

Once the old generation brainwashed by commies finally dies out.

They are not my history

Like I always say, if the statue isn't widely liked by the people, send it to a museum somewhere and let their little echo box happen until they choose to start a war.

Indian was a strong ally of the Soviet Union you retards. The Soviet Union was also strongly anti colonial which appealed to British ruled India.

No, the ussr refused to help India
Lenin has no place in India

You had me until the Lee in 3000 places. The statues they are tearing down or hitching about aren't just Lee. It's any confederate statue no matter the significance.
Even in my hometown people tried to remove a plaque from a statue honoring a civil war solider/politican that grew up here.

The confederate were local heros this has no comparison to a lenin statue in India

>the ussr refused to help India
rbth.com/articles/2011/12/20/1971_war_how_russia_sank_nixons_gunboat_diplomacy_14041
India wouldn't even have existed if not for us, you ungrateful poonigger.

Because the fucking commies planted like millions of the same cheap ass lenin statues all over the world.
Every shitty little town in Eastern Germany had this mass produced crap. You can leave about one or two that have a bit of effort put into them for history's sake but all the rest was akin to ideological littering.

Fuck you communist faggots.
Fuck east Germany.
This is one instance where Rajesh is right.

>that flag
Go shit on a shelf faggot.

Because Communists are fags and Confederates are cool.

>implying we didn't pay for them
I'm fine with Russian but not with your stupid ideology

In subhuman countries it is important to remove all trails of a former rule to establish the new one.

Subhumans can't think and only react to what they see in the moment.

Because they are the enemy.
What other reason do you need?

>They are a part of history just like confederate statues.
And?

Tripura finally free from filthy commies

>subhuman

Hello! We're not communist anymore! Soviet Union ceased to exist in 1991, buddy. Don't forget to keep up with the times.

Most people living in those states didn't want to take down the Confederate Statues.
Most Indians are ambivalent about Lenin's.

Also fpbp

Cause we dont want to follow the west example of communism and Marxism

Lenin represents communism

Lenin was a foreign conqueror, not a local hero.

Yeah we are. Forever greatful to Russian and will always be

>But as things are nowadays communism needs to be. Viped out if we have to avoid losing kids like the west

I quote my Russian great grandfather. "A communist, cease to be Russian. He might speak Russian, look Russian, been born in Russia but he spat on it the moment he turned his back on her"

Lenin is in hell with the rest of the communists.

You forget the context of the confederate statues. Part of the treaty for peace was the Union allowing the South to honor it's dead and hero's. With the toppling of these statues they are violating the original peace agreement between two torn parts of a whole. Tearing down those statues they tear away at the whole. It's the symbology of America breaking into another civil war by violating the peace brought by the first.

Personally I would keep all statues up because I'm a history person but we have so many stupid people in the world they have to be placated

I like how it looks like the guy in the foreground is smiling, and the guy in the background is doubled over in laughter.

Most people are stupid. Democracy itself is a placation of the stupid.

Communists do not respect property rights, why should we protect something they do not believe them?