Societal implications of Jordan Peterson's beliefs

Peterson says that liberals inherently have a creative edge over conservatives. Does this explain why google, amazon, facebook, microsoft...are all run buy liberals? Isn't this a pretty pessimistic outlook? This means we really can't do anything about the most successful companies with groundbreaking innovations being controlled by liberals. It's just an unending cycle dictated by nature according to Peterson.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble
youtube.com/watch?v=xP4wsURn3rw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Paradigm shifters are usually always liberally-oriented people because most are naive idealists that think things could be better. Well yeah, things can always be better, but they can always be worse too. Stick with what works, and if it doesn't work articulate why it doesn't work and hope it conforms with reality so you can eventually change it. This is how normal people work in the world.

Except what we're dealing with are not normal people, nor are they organically pushing their policy onto others for any authentic reason. What we have now is an entire class of "victims." People who look at structures and see them as pillars oppression. What's going to fill the void of those pillars when they're ripped from the Earth?

>"I unno, who cares? I'm gonna be the card-carrying party member haha. Yup, that'll be my job."

Sadly violence seems to be where we're headed.

Replace "liberals" with "Jews" and you will have redpilled Peterson.

it's one thing to create new technology, but another thing to use that creation to limit the freedom of others. Also things like Twitter have now become 'essential' to the extent that they are being treated as utilities as important as electricity or water - and the people who provide the service begin to make decisions on who should be able to benefit from it (the people who ideologies they agree with) and those who don't (those they disagree with). The internet was supposed to make information free and the average person could would be allowed to do with it what they will. But now we're approaching the age where technological memory holes will devour all information the provider deems objectionable.

How can you argue with that sentiment? Empirical evidence says it's true. It's also true, though, that the same patterns of thought that make a person creative and liberal also deter that person from being able to sustain a complex system they try to build out of them. Libs tend to create the change, but drive the product into the ground. If the product actually works, it will take someone more conscientious and industrious (main attributes of conservatives) to keep it going.

Just because liberals are a punch of hippie art fags doesnt mean the art they make is good or that it will always be there.

Yes, but that means the next big innovative idea will also be from a liberal. By the time a conservative gains control of twitter, there will be better more successful ideas implemented by companies run by liberals.

This is probably my area of biggest disagreement with him. Leftists lack empathy, they don't have more. I suspect the idea that they do is some error from the way they're studying these people.

Haidt did a study where they had 3 groups, one was right wing, one neutral, and one left wing. They answered a questionnaire from their perspective and then from the other perspectives, giving what they perceived as the rationale for those beliefs. The right wingers and neutral groups were quite accurate in answering the questions from the perspective of leftists and they were also good at understanding why leftists believe what they do when you compared the control tests. However, leftists were awful at reporting the motivations of right wingers and assumed moral failings were the cause. This showed that the left actually has less empathy than the right. Leftists THINK they have more empathy but they clearly do not understand themselves.

I believe this explains leftist policies regarding Islam and the criminal justice system. The right supports the death penalty because they empathize with the victims and their families whereas leftists don't. What they do have is sympathy, and it's sympathy for that which is most clearly visible and that is the criminal, not the victim. Furthermore this explains why leftists side with Islam so strongly. Leftists are largely secular and they lack the empathy necessary to understand what being a religious radical is actually like. Hence, they are more likely to project their own rationale onto Muslims and expect that they are deep down secular people just waiting to assimilate.

I don't know what studies Peterson has read that supports the notion that leftists are more empathetic but I'm guided both by the study I mentioned as well as my own observations and analysis of politics. I just can't agree with his perspective on this. It's also way too convenient, too clean.

I realize this topic is about inventiveness rather than empathy but he often posits these notions together and I don't care about creativeness. I don't buy his argument there either though. A lot of innovation is driven by necessity like wars, and trial and error. We shouldn't be conflating invention with artistic talent which is where leftists tend to collect.

Empathy is about feelings. I'd say that doesn't necessarily translate into Altruism. In that sense, I'd agree, leftists are more empathetic because feelings are literally the only thing they actually ever care about.

Left = creative = entrepreneur.
Right = disciplined = manager/CEO.
A person can balance the two in himself to run a business he created. It's all beside the point.
The problem with these businesses isn't that they're run by people on the left, often their own creators, who because they love their creation are driven to protect it. The problem is AUTHORITARIANISM. Authoritarian application of left or right politics is disastrous.

>Peterson says that Jews inherently have a creative edge over conservatives. Does this explain why google, amazon, facebook, microsoft...are all run buy Jews? Isn't this a pretty pessimistic outlook? This means we really can't do anything about the most successful companies with groundbreaking innovations being controlled by Jews. It's just an unending cycle dictated by nature according to Peterson.

Nature or plot?

That's simply wrong, look at the italy in the 1920th the futurist movment or the 1930 in spain.

>creative edge over conservatives.

I'm a liberal and even I can see the message he was trying to send. He wasn't trying to say that Liberals/left wingers have more creativity/are smarter than your average conservative but that leftists tend to think in a different framework that is more open to change/ideas. That's not to say conservatism isn't open to new ideas but that conservative thinkers tend to stick to tradition (that being self-evident with the whole conservative thing) and stick within that framework of mind. Jordan wasn't saying that's a bad thing, he said that the world needs both type of thinkers in order to be successful.

I said usually always.

>liberals will have a creative edge over conservatives

So what if we just be racist liberals?

Peterson's creative output is solid agitprop.

There's a disconnect.
I've been working with Amazon for two years. Amazon is only liberal in its social commentary.
They way Amazon runs it's business is in no way liberal.
They immediately take 15% of whatever I sell on their platform. Which is an extremely capitalistic figure. They shut sellers down over relatively small mistakes.
Amazon is not liberal in actions, it's liberal in talking points not in its actions.

nice conspiracy theory

Memerson needs colon cancer.

Liberals cannot thrive or survive unless conservatives do the heavy-lifting of securing borders and enforcing laws that allow people to generally be left the fuck alone.
They're no more than naive children who spend their time dreaming and thinking about nonsense: if they are directed at solving real problems, 0.0001% of them will come up with something genuinely good; if they are directed at solving problems which do not exist, they'll follow nonsense like "muh patriarchy" and "muh multi-culturalism" to the bitter end.

tl;dr: conservatives are civilised men, liberals are either women or effeminate males.

Welll it's a good thing liberals and anyone not a braindead leftist drone are now considered conservative

This. Men built civilisation from top to bottom. The innovative geniuses? Men. All the brick layers? Men.

Dem bricks ain't diverse enough cracka

SO YOU'VE BEGUN YOUR DAILY SHILLING?

>usually always

That is an oxymoron, be more precise with your language if you want to be taken seriously.

“Tyranny is the deliberate removal of nuance”

>herp derp he collects communist art THEREFORE he is a communist.
>you

>Peterson says that liberals inherently have a creative edge over conservatives

Modern day "intellectuals" everyone

So you've begun your daily autistic shitposting?

>make love to me user..
>*giggleblush*

would you do it?

>he said that the world needs both type of thinkers in order to be successful.

Exactly. And in most successful, established corporations, a mixture of conservatives and liberals is what you typically see. I find it hilarious the way people blow up what Peterson says to mean something more controversial and profound than it really is. Telling the truth these days is a political act of protest apparently.

>google, amazon, facebook, microsoft.

Literally not one of these companies created what they are profiting from.

Google didn't invent the search engine.
Amazon didn't invent online retail or streaming
Facebook didn't invent social networking
Microsoft didn't invent operating systems.

Peterson's views are statistics-based generalizations. Personality is only very loosely correlated with ideology, and even personality is developed and expressed differently across space and time. So while it may be true that in modern America tech leaders believe that American women are oppressed, that you should censor white men, or that muslim refugees should be imported to white countries by the millions, you can see how changing just a few variables in political climate, location, or whatever may totally this outcome. For example, let's say being smart and creative makes you more open to change. Well, in 1970s East Germany, you would probably not hold any of the views held by our 2018 Silicon Valley elites. On the contrary, you would probably hold views which align more with what is considered conservative in our current context.

It's a theoretical statement rather than something totally taken in the context of Western society today. I'm in a creative field but the things I "bring in" are philosophy and Christian concepts that nobody in the entertainment establishment understands.

She is in good shape for her age.

So where's the creativity?

so youre saying you would? you dog! ;)

Peterson is a retard. Enough of that leaf faggot.

Another obvious example: it was the educated elites who most enthusiastically adopted Nazi ideology in the 1930s.

>Hollywood, television, radio and other forms of mass media are seeing record level failures that are disproportionate to their fewer, less bountiful successes
>these industries are largely dominated by liberals from the bottom to the top

PROTIP: The kikes of yesteryear were conservatives in most ways. The only exception is social justice, which even then they wanted to push on to proles & plebs rather than each other.

Get laying you damn nigger

>anyone not a braindead leftist drone are now considered conservative

That sword cuts both ways: fiscal conservatism has gone out the window completely, so we're left with an array of neo-cons, milquetoast RINOs, and a handful of true conservatives in the GOP.
Thankfully, the Dems appear to be making every effort to accelerate their own implosion, they're no more than a dangerous distraction from the ineptitude of "conservative" Republicans.

Someone should ice pick this guy and see if he's as Trotsky as he thinks.

how did i do Sup Forums? i think this fits very nicely with my kekistani t-shirt :)

>Does this explain why google, amazon, facebook, microsoft...are all run buy liberals?
Not exactly. Nothing can be taken in a vacuum. Think about how much money these companies have received in the form of government payouts/tax incentives/tax breaks, venture capital that was created in the form of inflationary currency policies that then went to push these companies that were forward thinking, but then causes the cost of new innovators to become much higher, decreasing the amount of new innovation, etc.
Then there's the whole problem of conflating liberals with leftists in today's political climate. Your run of the mill leftist is a communist these days. What's so creative about Universal Basic Income? And then you've got media saying you aren't creative and cool if you aren't a disabled bisexual tranny. So there are leftists that adopt these terms to fit in and prove they are creative and cool. Is that creative? That's openness, but that's not creativeness. So, the way I see it is that there's a predatory class of "liberals" that gain positions in finance and government that prey on and use the creativeness of the liberals that are the liberals Peterson is talking about. And the eternal struggle of collectivism vs individualism continues apace with no signs of ending, because the collectivists will never let the individualists be.

BASED

>creative edge
>not one meme

This. Here's a (you) and it's well-earned.

What is liberalism as a personal trait vs liberalism as a name for a political team

No he says that people who are more open minded psychologically fill those positions. Liberalism is an ideology. Open minded and rebellious people who question traditions have always existed, liberalism has not. Liberalism is just the ideology that many of them have contemporaneously adopted, due to their nature.

Empathy is about being able to see things from others perspective, the most dangerous sociopaths have a strong capacity for empathy.

Let’s also not forget the implications of being right-leaning. Look at Notch for example, do you think any of these prominent silicon-valey guys would risk outing themselves as right-wing? Look at the biggest youtuber on earth, pretty sure Pewdiepie is 100% red-pilled and hides is power-level (relatively)

I would appreciate some you's (had a tough day at work).

You can't get more leftist than sergey brin and larry page. These are guys who went out and protested Trump's "Muslim" ban. They aren't just liberals. They're leftists. Jeff Bezos might be worse. He has made WaPo even more liberal than it used to be which seemed impossible.

SURPRISE the conservative survival tactic consists mostly of doing what they already know will continue to aid their survival
PLOT TWIST the liberal survival tactic consists mostly of creating new ideas for survival where old ones have been perceived to no longer work
MINDBLOWER there is a time and a place for both these survival tactics and one is not "better" than the other

There are two aspects to empathy, cognitive and emotional. Emotional is what liberals have too much of, and cognitive not enough. Emotional empathy is being able to viscerally feel the feelings of another, so it’s very easily exploitable, it’s bad to have too much of it. Cognitive empathy on the other hand is always useful, the more the better. It is what the other user talked about, being able to truly comprehend the inner mind of even a sworn enemy.

>come back to the "center" goy. No blandishments here whatsosever.
>Just constant conditioning through a bombardment of media from every angle brought to you by our benevolent jew overclass
>Communists is bad
>Jews are great
>Capatalism/Consumerism is great
>Jews are great
>There is no alternative
>Remember to change your underwear and brush your teeth

Cheer up :)

EYES

WIDE

SHIT

Peterson's wife is a Jew and he is a full on Marxist psy-op agent. That's why they post him here ALL DAY EVERY DAY

JUST

NATBOLSHIVIK

SPENCER

AND

THE

ALT_KIKE

PETERSON = MARXIST BRAINWASHER

He even worked in the Candian democrate party

>how did i do Sup Forums? i think this fits very nicely with my kekistani t-shirt :)
You got mind fucked hard bro. You need to stay out of politics before (((they))) kill your dumb ass. I actually feel bad and worry for you.

>PETERSON = MARXIST BRAINWASHER

The ethos of liberal/leftist belief is:
>The status quo is unacceptable and must be reformed or replaced with something radically different.
Naturally, this line of thinking will lead these people to conceptualize ways to change society in way that will reflect their moral and value systems, whatever they may be. This can lead to some wacky, far-out ideas about how to order society, as well as some palatable solutions to current problems, such as environmentalism.

It's a problem for you that anyone who's listened to the man knows how ridiculous your assertions are isn't it?

Where is your video compilation of Peterson promoting communism? oooh, that's right - you can't make one.

People post him because he is one of the most significant intellectuals to grace the earth right now.

^this.. do as I say not as I do.
none of these companies are ran liberally. They conserve value and exploit it. They support what's popular and thus what will make them more money. They don't genuinely believe in any of the shit they promote. They do so because its aligned w/ their customer's views and hope to profit for signaling.

>I WRITE IN ALL CAPS TO COMPENSATE FOR MY LACK OF AN ARGUMENT
>you

Violence immediately followed both

Like most if not all of his pronouncements, they lack depth and truth. Liberalism is a cyclical phenomenon. Conservatives build up a stable society and prosperous conditions. Liberals then run wild w/ the security blanket they have, tap into new frontiers, but largely exhaust resources pursuing dead ends. Then the conservatives rebuild a new foundation and the cycle begins again. Liberals don't run the show or develop society. They are canaries let loose in a coal mine in times of success.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble

The reason it seems like liberals run all major creative institutions is political incorrectness is bad for business. You say one unPC thing that can be tracked to your company and your competitor will jump all over it and use it to run a smear campaign. Normies simply always go with the safe choice of decision making. If they arn't sure of a or b and b is controversial but a is not than they will default to a.

>Like most if not all of his pronouncements, they lack depth and truth.

Wew lad, you really don't have a clue. Peterson explicitly claims that liberals tend to START companies, and conservatives tend to RUN those companies effectively in management positions by coordinating resources and execution. Blow it out your ass, soyboy.

microsoft and amazon arent though ?

>Does this explain why google, amazon, facebook, microsoft...are all run buy liberals? Isn't this a pretty pessimistic outlook?
They're all part of the establishment. Even if X was started up by non-progressives, it was soon coopted by the establishment i.e. progressives.

>life sized mural of stalin on living room wall
>"i admire it to remind me its bad! :^)"
>they buy it
you guys are dumb af

No, the reason is that modern ((conservatives)) hold inherently contradictory beliefs which will never be successful.

((Conservatives)) have lost ground culturally at every point becuase capitalism is inherently not conservative.

gee what's more likely
>everything the guy says rails against marxism and collectivism is what he says he is
>literally hours of footage online of him outlining how the soviet union was the worst thing to ever happen in human history
>what he says about why he owns the painting is true

OR

>he spends his life effectively raking commies over the coal because he's secretly one but he's not careful enough about hiding this to just take the painting out of frame or never show it to anyone

Fucking retard. The painting is awesome, I would have if the price was fine. I would also strangle a commie with my bare hands.

>being this new
look it up kiddo

Every American that lambastes Peterson is shitting on the only thing that has changed Canada for the better in a decade, as if they didn't have more problems than us

Someone post the "Jewish poverty" tweet

Take Peterson's cock out your ass.
I don't give a fuck what Peterson has to say because I have an enough intelligence to derive and back my own assertions. Liberals don't tend to START companies nor do young people dominate this phenomenon. It's usually a middle aged moderate whose learned what to do and what not to do in a successfully ran company thus having the wherewithal on how to do it better (what to conserve and what to change).

You may resume with the Peterson cock stuck up your ass brainlet...
> OH NO MY HIVE BRAIN WAS ATTACKED... SPRING INTO ACTION
fucking brainlets

80% of businesses crash and burn for a reason ... because most liberals are directionless idealist. The 20% that succeed are typically moderates...
Re-read
> but largely exhaust resources pursuing dead ends. Then
> but largely exhaust resources pursuing dead ends. Then

Who cares about what this fucking idiot says? In 50s and 60s America most companies were run by conservatives, and it is during that time that America knew an unprecedented economic boom. Same with Nazi Germany, incredible boom post-depression and the Nazis were far from being progressives. Stop listening to Juden Peterstein, he's a hack.

wew lad
get a room amirite

Watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=xP4wsURn3rw

I think this is true as well because the leftists right now aren't really all that 'creative'. Look at comedy for instance, it's gone to shit ever since everyone became PC and easily offended.