Kase-San

What the hell is this show even about?

youtube.com/watch?v=tuG7sUdfkFM

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-08-28/kase-san-and-morning-glories-manga-gets-new-anime-project-in-2018/.120634
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-02/kase-san-and-morning-glories-anime-reveals-ova-format-with-2018-premiere/.122152
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>show
It's a music video.

It's about two girls falling in love. The manga is very sweet, and light.

I don't see any guys around, are their boyfriends invisible?

>two girls falling in love
With each other, user.

Me and my girlfriend.

user-chan, don't make me blush!

Nothing special but it's super vanilla in a good sense. The girls are incredibly cute and pure, you really don't need more.

Fun fact: almost every time male characters appear, their faces are drawn in henohenomoheji.

It's getting an OVA, right? I wish it would get a proper series, 12 episodes is the perfect lenght to adapt its 4 volumes.

Also, is nobody scanlating the sequel manga?

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-08-28/kase-san-and-morning-glories-manga-gets-new-anime-project-in-2018/.120634

Don't know if it's an OVA.

I never expected it to get anything so I'm not complaining.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-02/kase-san-and-morning-glories-anime-reveals-ova-format-with-2018-premiere/.122152

It unfortunately is.

>OVA
>summer 2018

Well fuck.

S-surely it will be successful and they'll release three more OVAs covering the other volumes.

>year after year only the garbage smut yuri manga get real adaptations while anything good has to crawl around and beg for a single OVA

Why do girls keep searching for this lewd stuff?

>yamadas face in the top left

Always made me laugh.

Also, this series is over right? MAL doesn’t have it listed as finished for some reason.

Fuck me, forgot the image.

Still ongoing, in college now.

Go back to your training Kase senpai.

>Girl Friends anime never
Kase-san is lucky actually to exist in the golden age of yuri.

I love how a fucking fluffy yuri manga manages to do better romance then 99% of all shitty hetero romance manga.

Is that Umaru?

Because heteros love to add bullshit drama for whatever reason. They think a couple treating each other shit 98% of the time is peak romance.

Good to hear, I kinda figured it ended, since it FELT like an ending. I’m ok with this though.

Well, officially it's a sequel series. It started and picks up immediately after the ending though, so it's essentially just a regular continuation.

You're being unfair, there are comfy het love stories too and tons of angsty yuri stories, what matters is just the tone an author goes for. Something like Kase-san simply is uncommon in general.

Anything else similar to this?

>there will never be an adaptation of Out of The Blue, Transistor Venus, or Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep
>Wife and Wife will never get a series of comfy 10-minute shorts
>we will never see Itou Hachi's artstyle animated
>we won't even get the good smutty stuff like Is My Hobby Weird
just kill me now senpai

Do you mean the manga or the music video?

The manga, specifically cute yuri without much drama.

That's basically all manga is. Yuzumori-san was pretty close to that. Everything is is about what kind of drama, and how much you can take. Most of them get axed before they even kiss.

>KA KEK

I can take lots of drama (aside from when it becomes so excessive and artificial it starts making me laugh instead, like Clannad for instance), I was just searching for cute fluff for a change. A shame if there's not much around.

>Yuri
>Successful

There's a first time for everything.

I'd by no means say that it's alone. Even Kase-san had a little drama on occasion.
Edible Flowers is still being translated, albiet at a slow pace, and it's both cute and light on the drama.
All of Mochi Au Lait's stuff is chill, though the stuff that isn't oneshots is still fairly short.
Out of The Blue was super good.
The first half of Poor Poor Lips was pretty comfy. I don't think I ever finished reading it, though.

If you're counting one-shots, too, there's plenty of stuff out there.

Cheerful Amnesia/Bright and Cheery Amnesia.

PICKED UP!!!
>eye contact
Well that is a bit hazukashii
>hand touch
This is approaching yuri, but they could still be totally straight
>hand hold
AFTER ONLY A FEW MINUTES!!! How am I supposed to handle years worth of development this quickly?!?
>kiss
*head explodes

The transition from cute, to lewd, to soul brighteningly happy in this video is amazingly well paced. And the soundtrack is so comfy!
Thank you user. I was having a bad day until now.
Thank you user

My brother from another mother

Thanks a bunch.

Now read the manga it's based on, it goes further.

never post again I beg you

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! is just fluff, but that's main problem since it barely counts as yuri, or a story since there's no progression. It's just a gag manga.
Master and Me/My Master & Furry-eared Girl Mel are both in the comph zone.
Majyo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane is like Shinozaki but a little less shoujo-ai and more yuri. I haven't finished it, but I don't think it goes very far.
Sayuri’s Little Sister Is An Angel is actually not that bad on the yuri scale, and doesn't really have any drama. ________________until that one part__________________________
One shots, and doujins are honestly the greatest source of actual yuri+no drama.

>Cheerful Amnesia/Bright and Cheery Amnesia.

I concur

I've been told by someone who read it in moonrunes that Shinozaki eventually has plot progression. I think the translation is dead, though? Haven't looked in a while.

>while anything good has to crawl around and beg for a single OVA
But where getting Citrus :^)

I wanted a Cirtus anime like 20 chapters ago. Now I want people to forget it exists and stop buying it.

>One shots, and doujins are honestly the greatest source of actual yuri+no drama.
I'm sure that's the case, but ideally I prefer actual series. I wouldn't find Kase-san nearly as memorable had it ended with the first chapter or even the first volume, especially since it's one of the rare manga in general that focuses on life as a couple instead of ending right after the main character get together.

I haven't been reading Bloom Into You recently, but that's relationship + multiple volumes, if you can call it a relationship, and the base premises is drama.

Try also Swap Swap.

Wife and Wife and Chatting at the Amber Teahouse are both great.

is After Hours good?

>Out of The Blue
They fucking had to do Kansai = southern accent, didn't they.

Making people understand the purest form of love: NTR_

I think it's cute, though not necessarily very accurate.

Not as bad as the accent overload in wife and wife.

Well that was amusing.

Oh c'mon!

The school trip arc is the best and really accelerates Yuzu's and Mei's relationship to a whole new level

>age gap where the younger one is taking initiative
Is there anything better?

Yes.
Age gap where the younger one is taking initiative, AND it's incest.