Is "depression" real...

Is "depression" real? Or is "depression" just how modern people describe the pain of reality interfering with the participation trophy culture

I keep seeing snowflake millennials bragging about their depression and anxiety on social media, but it seems to me it's just an easy and irrefutable malinger's excuse to get out of work

You don't see people crying about how hard and pathetic their lives are in third world shitholes like India and China.

Because they've been brainwashed to think they're amazing. Once they go to the real world, they discover there are people better than them and it breaks their super-ego. Then they reconcile at home, isolated until they're ready to connect again. Their brains just can't handle their inferiority to other people.

There's no point in trying to explain it, it's impossible to understand unless you've experienced it yourself.

Depression is a legit mental health problem (there's scientific evidence) but millenial snowflakes just think it's cool to claim they have depression and people have one little struggle and claim they have depression for brownie points.
This generation need to man the fuck up

Humans get depressed when they become too smart because you realise nothing really matters and that life is pointless to an extent. The smarter we get, the more depressed we become.

My entire intimidate family died before I was 19 (mother, brother, sister). Depression is pretty real, and I don't like playing the game of 'your suffering is invalid because I think you're stupid or attention seeking' I don't think we're allowed to judge or understand what that person is truly going through. I tend to roll my eyes a bit internally, that's all.

some people have actual clinical depression. most have meme depression

>hurr i'm depressed that means i'm smart
Bullshit.

I don't want to participate in your system. Just leave me alone.

Does not matter. Anyone who claims to be depressed obviously has problems. No happy and healthy individuals do that.

We know, leaf. We know.

Depression and Anxiety are definitely real but in recent times they have just become overused terms to blame ones own failures on.

Yes and it is hell
Source: have not felt genuine happiness since my age was a single digit

We destroyed the family unit with divorce laws.

We destroyed the sense of community and belonging amongst your people with mass migration.

Destroyed religion and replaced it with consumerism as a panacea for the soul.

Destroyed the sense of duty to your society and replaced it with the delusion of the self as the most important thing.

And we wonder why the weak minded fall to bits after this disgusting materialistic experiment.

No society that is set up like this has succeeded or served its people adequately before.

testosterone is depression proof medicine

There's definitely something to this, but a lot of the problem I think comes from after that initial recognition that you're not as smart and talented as your mommy told you. That's when people overcorrect their self-perceptions i.e. "if I'm not a Jimmy Neutron boy genius, then I guess that means I'm a worthless and talentless retard who can't do anything so why even bother trying." Kids shouldn't be told they're good and smart and talented from an early age, they should be told that they have the potential to be smart and talented, and if they work very hard then perhaps one day they will achieve intelligence and talent. But until then, you're nothing. Intelligence and talent and self-respect are EARNED, you're not entitled to these characteristics

Word of caution: Those that brag about their depression and anxiety on social media are attention whores. It is not likely that they have a real mental health problem; just want to be sick to get likes and posts from "friends".

Millennials sadly are more prone to loneliness and well, they've been trying to find self-deprecating ways to cope. All those failed parenting techniques flushing them down a toilet. Only way to snap out of it is to finally get to realize their self-worth, that EVERYBODY is unique (yes, scientifically proven), that the world doesn't revolve around them, and that achieving happiness is not the ultimate goal, and neither is being satisfied.

The pursuit of happiness leads to dead ends. Parents have taught the worst lessons in the last 2 decades. Now parents are starting to turn it around. Not everybody gets a prize. You have to put effort in your work. Don't expect to get anything in return for doing something nice/good. Don't fall to peer pressure. Know your self-worth. Don't compare yourself to others. Don't get absorbed into social media so much. Engage with the people around you, for better or worse. Not everybody will like you. Life is unfair and you have to deal with the hand you were dealt, and make it better. Seek to improve. Make the choice to suck less and be the person YOU want to be, not a cookie-cutter version of another.

And lastly, don't be a fucking cynic. Make microgoals every day. Every little bit counts. Believe it or not, those little achievements can lead to happiness, whether you are at a shitty job or a shitty place in life. Don't be like, "If I get x, then I will truly be happy." No you fucking won't. You are responsible for your own happiness.

tl;dr: Be realistic.

99% of depression is just opting to sit around wasting away doing nothing. That's why most depressed people are losers

Losing hearing and dealing with tinnitus at the same time. Dizziness and headache issues almost the whole time. Some people do have real reasons to be depressed if it’s health or financially related.

No, it's quite real. Much better and more useful people than you have offed themselves. A good read on the topic is Night Falls Fast.

Their goal is to turn society into a big mental ward where you must have permission to even breath. If they say it's for the good of the people to begin with, most people will buy into it. Then, once everyone is in some sort of database and marked as defective, their power will be so strong that they can just cage the Earth up and throw away the key while they start a breakaway civilisation.

It’s real don’t be a boomer. I have goals and aspirations and a pretty positive outlook on life but there are days I just want to off myself.

Depression is a result of industrial society subjecting human beings to various indignities which have lead to widespread psychological suffering.

Depression just means your a pussy, if you're so depressed about life go live in a third world country I'm sure after experiencing the life challenges of a third world country destroyed by white imperialism you would probably have a second look at your life maybe things aren't so bad because you didn't get to go and see that concert

It's real and you can never understand it.

Brains are complicated. The same forces that keep you from being an optimally productive robot are the same ones that can crank to 11, causing crippling emotional states for no good reason. It wouldn't be depression if it made sense or could be treated rationally.

People can be broken. This shouldn't surprise you.

Fake. I go visit my family in a third world country constantly and I never get a sense of “wow it’s so shitty here I sure take everything for granted”

Subhuman spotted

>family in a third world
>I never get a sense of “wow it’s so shitty
That's because of your third world genes

What's third world country are you going to and Mexico is not a third world country

>be ethnically Jewish in a xenophobic German community
>be tormented and mentally scarred for school years
>get DNA test back
>all makes sense
>my depression is real goys

Shut up pussy.

I have the cure for depression. Rx medication is useless.
Just work out and you will be fine. All you need is a goal to achieve. People are depressed when life is too easy and they are not pushing themselves.
As long as you are better next week, then you are this week, you will not be depressed anymore.

>xenophobic Germans
rare

>boohoo Chad's dick is only 10 inches I almost didn't want to fuck him who else here #depressed?? :((((
There's a difference between legitimate depression and normalfag """"""depression.""""""

Yes. It's real. I wish it wasn't.

It's been proven time and time again that the brain acts differently while in a depressive episode.
Much like it does in victims of PTSD, the brain chemistry and the way it works fundamentally changes.

Mostly those who don't experience depression are those who dismiss it as just "being a pussy".

Nah senpai. Your brain is sick.

Ok mutt

High iq folks suffer from mental ailments more frequently than low iq 'people'

The problem with depression is the same problem with fatties. If you get coddled and your depression validated, it only makes it worse. Stop being a pussy, and go out and fix the things that make you depressed...

I thought it over, and it seems to me that the challenges people in the third world face are much different that those of the first world, but those of the first world are still challenges. Haven't you ever heard some old person tell you about how hard their early lives during an economic downturn were, but conclude by saying, "We were poor and hungry, but we had each other and so we were happy"? It's almost a cliche. Social bonds, sense of community and spirituality, sense of meaning and family and hope of leading a fulfilling life, all these things are stronger in impoverished third world villages dying from AIDS and starvation. In 2015 it was Europe, not Africa, that had the highest number of reported suicides by region on the planet.

It's sounds gay but it's true: money and cars and corn syrup don't make your life meaningful and worth living.

Yes, that is your body telling you that you are shit tier and boring, and a reminder that no one likes you. Stop being a pussy and go out and be an interesting person and that pain will go away. Yes, you will feel the pain of humiliation or muscle pain, but guess what, life is pain.

Is it the sadness causing the chemical changes or the chemical changes causing the sadness?

Depression is not real and if they want to put you on meds avoid, avoid, avoid.

>go out and fix the things that make you depressed
Depressive people dont have the motivation to just do that. Its especially hard if you are lonely and dont have a support group. This is why therapy is worthwhile for at least a little bit to be that spark of motivation. I mostly agree though. The root of the problem is that people are becoming more and more isolated.

OMG someone should write a book... material items don't make people happy... That is some revolutionary thought right there....

Depression is a bullshit disease made up by (((psychiatrists))) to subjectively label people too sick to perform their right to bear arms.

Depression is a symptom. The chemical "imbalance" is the natural result of loss of purpose. Dopamine is the hormone related with happiness, and most people get regular hits of this daily by simply achieving small goals, which is a very healthy source of dopamine. Food like sugar also triggers dopamine, but makes you fucking fat.

Basically the answer is in the fucking name. Psyche is the Greek word for Soul. These (((shrinks))) see the symptoms of the degeneration of religion, and see a profitable opportunity to become the new priesthood.

No I used to "suffer from depression" and it wasn't until I went out made friends, stop looking at screens 10 hours a days, and got a life did I stop being depressed. The cocktail of chemicals they had me on never worked.

Meds and finance are the two things stopping me from going out in style

You experience the chemical changes as sadness. Emotional state of being is the chemical composite in the blood stream.

Go out and beg for money then... Its cool and hip everyone is doing it. Or better yet, come up with an entrepreneurial scam and go out and do that.

I experience my lover running away when I proposed marriage. How would you feel after 3 years of time?

People with depression should actually try vitamin D supplements, or get it through diet and sunlight. It could be something as simple as a deficiency.

Muh anecdote!
Also were you medicated when you went out to make friends?
No psychiatrist wants to pump you full of pills for the rest of your life either.

Holy shit! Revolution! In a chemical system a sad brain is chemically different from a happy brain!!! Next up you will learn that people make their own hormones that mimic steroids when they work out...

But can these chemical changes occur without any external influence?

I’ll give you some D.

You are wrong about that. Check out Fibromyalgea. Doctors are perfectly happy to do tests and treat you for imaginary conditions for as long as your or your insurance will pay.

Perhaps you should write a book. Being conventionally snarky is truly a revolutionary act.

His is a useful argument against the idea that going to the third world will make you grateful for the material conditions of your first world country, eliminating your depression. Spiritual values ARE underrated in practice, which is why it's still necessary to promote them.

Intelligence isn't earned, height isn't earned, face aesthetics isn't earned.

Most people have 1 or the other. All the other things you can make happen, you just make it happen. These depressed faggots find out they're not perfect and get depressed. Mommy didn't give enough attention, daddy wasn't there. This is the fucking narcissistic generation we live in right now. Only places like Sup Forums can redpill these faggots into their place. What we call "redpill" is common sense for people with a good upbringing.

Too late

Cops dump panhandlers on edge of town, cost of biz licenses and real estate are off the chain. Fuck why didn’t I learn to sew?

Depression usually comes from being abused or neglected or not having a stable upbringing.

American doctors are a symptom of a bad medical system. Then again you’re afraid to have socialized anything so have fun paying 12k for a Doctor to stare at your wife’s vagina to get your mongol offspring out.

Do you mean can you meditate and change your mood internally? Yes.
Drugs are just the synthetic version of chemicals you naturally produce. So getting the real stuff from your brain feels much better.
Getting high on life is a real thing.

Depression is fake and only people who used drugs are prone to it.
People in poor countries don’t get depressed, that’s how I know it’s fake

When true genius appears the dunces form confederation to fuck your shit up.

Yes it's real, Depression can be diagnosed by looking for imbalances in neurotransmitters like dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine.

However it seems extremely overdiagnosed in todays society and sadly the majority of cases are treated with drugs instead of fixing the diet, starting exercising and finding something you enjoy doing.

I was straight edge. Nice try.

Find something you enjoy. Normies show up and make it suck.

Virtually everyone I know who smokes pot regularly as opposed to occasionally "suffers from depression"

>Tfw all I want is a family farm

Many people mistake "lonely and bored" for "depressed"
depression is real, but loneliness/boredom is much more common
anxiety enters the mix when you feel lonely and bored, but society tells you that these feelings are immoral or illegitimate

Name a single objective test that is used to accurately diagnose depression.

>You don't see people crying about how hard and pathetic their lives are in third world shitholes like India and China.
What are safety nets on Apple's factories.

MgSO4 and CaCl2 combat flouride and Fluoxetine.

You can stock up on food grade versions of these chemicals and administer them in small doses if you are truly concerned about your doses.

I keep some as well as emergency iodine. You never know whats around the next corner stalker.

I'm depressed it's not the 50"s

Depression is the obvious extension of boredom in consumer capitalism.

We do not fluoridate in Europe. But good info.

It’s real, but it’s not usually caused by psychological reasons like pill pushers would like you to believe. Exercise kills depression.

Double digit brothers

Always good to keep some on hand, there is some need things you can do medicine wise with it. A few bags in your emergency area can save lives down the road.