Dragon Ball Super

Long story short, with the exception of a couple EXTREMELY MINOR statements, no member/writer/artist/etc. of any production staff/committee/etc. for Dragon Ball has ever gone on record to say "this counts" or "this doesn't count" or "this is what we consider to be the one and only story" or anything even remotely like that. They've ESPECIALLY never once ever used the word "canon". You've got the promotional manager writing that Battle of Gods is a part of the "official history" in a press release, and you've got Toriyama saying Dragon Ball GT is a "grand side-story" in his Dragon Box GT introductory statement. That's basically it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nuPPbNmZPxk
youtube.com/watch?v=fzO6US6G5c4
youtube.com/watch?v=aeLRGYOZ16Y
youtube.com/watch?v=VnMN82ShF54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I guess it was largely fan decided, things like the movies which don't fit anywhere with the timeline of the show are clearly not canon and I think toei will keep the idea of GT as non canon/ side story going because of how disliked it is

Why is Hit so happy? He shouldn't be.

>GT as non canon/ side story going because of how disliked it is
is it disliked in japan?

They need to tone down the bara on Kale.

He realized Jiren knocking him out means Vegeta won't get the chance.

I don't believe so, it performed commercially not nearly as well as Z and I don't think its liked.

Yes. In 2ch they even call people who like GT "Chon", which is a racist word for "Korean"

They call those that like it koreans.

It got cancelled only after 64 episodes...and during while DBZ was still insanely popular. People didn't want it to be over.

Not to mention that anime was a lot less saturated in the 90s.

So yeah, safe to assume they didn't like GT too much

Well, there was the 30th anniversary timeline from Shueisha that included even anime event (separated as such), but excluded GT.

Reminder that this is the one true DB canon:

> Jaco the Galactic Patrolman Manga (including DB Minus)
> DB Manga
> Yo! Son Goku Returns! Special
> BoG Movie
> RoF Movie
> Champa Arc script
> Future Trunks Arc script
> Universe Survival Arc script

NOT canon:
> Movies other than BoG, RoF
> TV Specials and OVAs other than Yo! Son Goku Returns!
> Episode of Bardock
> Filler
> Any differences found between the Champa, Trunks, and U. Survival scripts (such as SSB Kaioken, Planet Potaufeu mini-arc, Mastered SSB, Trunks' healing)
> Entirety of DBGT
> DB Videogames (other than MAYBE DB Online)

Debatable:
> DB Online

> Even Shueisha is pretending GT never happened

Apparently the new transformation has a pretty creative name and people were praising Toriyama for it, what the fuck is it called?

Even Super filler?

Goku teaming up with Jiren confirmed.

I'm getting hard everytime I see Roshi

GENKI Goku

Waku waku unlimited.

¿Donde está zeno?

Saitama

Hypersaiyan

Gokuck Super Plot Armor Genkai Toppa Saiyajin™

I keep getting the idea that obsessing over canon is just something Westerners do. Somehow Westerners get it into their head that there's a "real story" and a "fake story" for something that's explicitly fictional and arrive at the conclusion that one matters more than the other. Well, except for capeshit readers, who know better.

So why is Jiren fighting Hit after the Goku new form thing? Is Goku out of commission?

>Is Goku out of commission?
maybe. we don't know

Fight will most likely be interrupted IMO

Who cares about Gokuck?

this should have been the god form... i mean, most of the gods are animals anyways so it makes sense

It could have been the god form if it wasn't done before.

Too bad that GT happened right?

How is it evil?

Zeno literally destroy countless lives.

youtube.com/watch?v=nuPPbNmZPxk
yes shut up about canon

Is Gokek's new form even generating the smallest amount of hype? When was the last time he ever generated hype? Is the fanbase starting to outgrow him?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Super Saiyan Blue. The purpose of the transformation is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of perfect ki control most of the form's usage will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Toriyama's comment where he says he made Goku's hair blue to express how by overcoming a certain limit he has become both strong and tranquil, able to keep his composure in a fight; which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Journey to the West literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this form and god ki, to realise that it's not just blue hair dye- it say something deep about LIFE.

it generated hype when it was first announced

has anything in super generated any hype at all?

the future tunks arc when it was announced

Super Saiyan Jobber will be the first form to literally have a J in it's name. How does that make you feel? It's also going to be the first form that jobs after the first episode.

Vegito

>youtube.com/watch?v=fzO6US6G5c4
JUST
J U S T

tingle saiyans when they were announced

funimations is brainwashing you into believing they are called "destroyers"

at least it's not Dub Magetta

>They've ESPECIALLY never once ever used the word "canon".

That's because they're speaking japanese you fucking idiot

Huh, I guess you're right.

Probably because creators don't have to do that. It's implied.

IT'S OVER GOKU!

I actually like it more[\spoiler]

that ssj scream was godlike. cant wait for the kaioken

>Goku
>a cuck
Does not compute. Check this 5. Goku will always be based.

>Gets a 4
JUST

They have never used the word "canon" (or its Japanese equivalent), and they're far more interested in making new things to sell to you at the most inoffensive price to make the most money they can, rather than being concerned with making a coherent timeline of events.

>ctrl+f "blanco"
>0/0
feelsbadman.png

Just taking a rest friend, Gohan Blanco is still in our heart though

There's so much that could be said by directly comparing it to FUNimation's English dub, and some of this is back-handed in its description, but what I like to talk about the most is one word they never had, even when they claimed to: consistency.
The voices for the characters are the voices for the characters. You don't have a giant shift in a voice cast because production moved. Masako Nozawa is Son Goku, child to adult. The voices evolve and shift with the characters as they grow, of course (Goku as an adult sounds exactly like what that voice would sound like growing up), but they are who they are, and it's amazing. There are a couple replacements due to various circumstances (like Naoko Watanabe and Mayumi Sho as Chi-Chi), but all in all, everyone plays their character the entire length of the series. Furthermore, some of the industry's biggest, highest-paid actors are in the show. It's absurd that talent like Toru Furuya, Toshio Furukawa, Daisuke Gori, Ryusei Nakao, Norio Wakamoto, etc. are all in the same show. This doesn't happen anymore.
The music evolves and grows from the one, same composer (Shunsuke Kikuchi) over the entire length of the series. Pieces are brought in from the movies to flesh out the available score. Motifs are introduced for characters without being overbearing. The entire spectrum of mood and feeling is represented.
The script is the script is the script. You don't have a cigar-chomping 1990's business man in Texas deciding what campy lines Freeza gets to deliver today. The manga serves as the basis, and it grows from there.

so what the hell was this?

Better than Cuck Breaker.

you not being hype =/= the entire fanbase not being hype

OUT OF THE WAY GOKU

>So what's the popular opinion on Bruce Faulconer's music for the show?
The popular opinion? Worldwide? Hilarious apathy towards it. It's a non-issue, because no-one cares. It's an insignificant blip in the series' history.
Among American fans? Depends on who you ask. Someone who just watched the show as a show and remembers it being a cool show probably wouldn't be able to say a thing about the music, the same way I don't remember the music in Thundercats from being a kid and watching it as a cool show that I knew of. (Best run-on sentence ever?) Someone who was super into it, and was into that version alone with no care/thought/comprehension to look outside beyond it? Yeah, they're gonna have massive fondness/nostalgia for it.
To me? The Faulconer Productions score wasn't the first score I was exposed to, and it wasn't even the first replacement score I was exposed to.
It came right after we were told we would get an uncut dub with the original music to the show (neither of which actually happened, if you define "uncut" as "not completely made-up dialog"). I have absolutely zero nostalgia for it. It represents everything that I disliked with the production of the show at the time.
It's more a concept to me than an actual catalog of music, but that being said, it's still not music I would ever care for.

Since when was the entire fanbase hype? I see a lot of "Another fucking transformation?" You being hype≠the entire fanbase being hype.

If mods didn't crack down on it you could ctrl+f for 500 results per thread m8

It's just Goku colored bronzes art for its brown figure

Give me one reason why they shouldn't make a prequel series focused on young Roshi and his adventures

youtube.com/watch?v=aeLRGYOZ16Y
yeah why can't you Dragon ball fans just accept when your wrong?

Do roshi figurines/merchandise sell alot?

Am I the only one who still cares about Goku?

when the godhan posting starts

>Any differences found between the Champa, Trunks, and U. Survival scripts (such as SSB Kaioken, Planet Potaufeu mini-arc, Mastered SSB, Trunks' healing)
But in both the manga AND anime there were moments that required Goku to use his upgraded form for the plot to progress. Are you saying the true canon literally doesn't exist in any physical fashion?

Probably, I'm only watching for Gohan Blanco and """"lore"""""

Goku dumbass let Caulifla and Kale walk away and saved Hit. Vegeta never helped anyone from their team.
youtube.com/watch?v=VnMN82ShF54
FUCK caulifla

Superma- I mean Goku Prime

>Gohan Blanco
Beat it, you shitposting spic.

I can't wait until Universe 2 gets erased,

unironically called Spirit Goku

Waku waku

What is there left to care about
How many times can you watch Goku nearly die before using all of his energy to beat the bad guy and save the day before it stops being interesting

nowcuckshit shitda sucks

Yes.

watashi wa français baka

if not a single contestant dies just to spice up the tournament, then this entire arc was for waste.

frost?

No user, best girl Helles doesn't deserve this.

Thank god people got tired of having the same retarded protagonist for the past 30 years.

Do you think her and Sowar have sex?

he didnt kill frost....... he literally blasted him off the side

I don't give a shit about goku and truth be told, I don't even know why i'm watching this piece of shit in first place. I feel like I lost control of my life and that i'm suffering of db related stockholm syndrome.

zeno?

Fuck her.

I can't wait for Jiren to send out his universe's Shaggy to give Gohan a new asshole

Frieza just killed Jimeze last episode while getting around the no killing rule because he was already outside the arena before he died. If you mean notable characters dying then Frost got erased after getting tricked and baited by Frieza.

don't mind me just posting mutants.

i should have been more specific, i meant someone dying resulting in a DQ, my bad for not specifying

Maybe

So are there no Gokufags because no one likes Goku or do they just not shitpost?

being a goku fag is like being a water fag