Why can't Scottish people just speak normally...

Why can't Scottish people just speak normally? What's so hard about regular English that they had to make their own bastardized version of it to feel special. Look at the Scots Wikipedia, how can this be a real language? Indian tech support is more understandable then these fucks.
sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FBaKlwFSDqU
sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
youtube.com/watch?v=le_uNGdpa4c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Company
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_colonization_of_the_Americas
cam.ac.uk/research/news/cambridge-app-maps-decline-in-regional-diversity-of-english-dialects
youtu.be/yftaQupLT8s
youtu.be/riNS60fvok4
youtu.be/AKx-PKBxjdg
youtu.be/L1Ko9X2w38g
youtu.be/j4xjs8zsv8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mon tae fuck ya wee shitebag n quit greetin aboot it lit emdy gees a fuck wit yer sayin ya fuckin amerimutt

It's kinda like Ebonics here
Scott's ARE the Niggers of that shithole/shitstain group of soon to crumble into the ocean kingdomistan .
Mic Niggers

I can understand scottish english way better then indian tech support, your just autistic

This is exactly like that African Pidgin shit the BBC did a bit ago. How embarrassing.

It’s the same with niggers.
Scotts are the niggers of the UK.

scottish is what you happens when you force a language on the natives, they protest by bastardizing it because it causes enourmous butthurt

t. duwon

youtube.com/watch?v=FBaKlwFSDqU

>not comedy gold

Gan fuck yersel ye gleekit luikin geedrel hoor. Yank cannæ ken þá Scotch leid un maaks a threid oan Sup Forums aboot it

Who cares though, honestly?
>sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
Yeah this is fucking retarded, I'll give you that.

Get tae fuck, ye Inglis bastart.

They LARP in real life all the time and think Highlander is a factual story.

Iv ai reet it wit Vinnis pronaunssieisson it saunts like Inglis.

Shut up.
Sort your fucking vowels out you bad faggots. Yeee-har let's go to eye rack and start some sheeeeiiit.

REBUILD THE WALL

At least the Irish have the decency to be on a different island

>mfw I can actually understand

Get te fuck creatura.

Scots is as old as English you tard. They're both descended from Middle English. It's like what Ukrainian is to Russian, Flemish to Dutch, Slovak to Czech etc. It's not a dialect, it's a legitimate separate language.

Ulster "Scots" on the other hand...

wtf, I can read it easier than I can hear it. Worst accent ever.

Not so fast.

this
and yanks have no fucking place commenting on our shit
we can barrack each other, but fucking mutt creaturas with no real ancient culture can fuck off

To be honest it's just a cringe way of typing the scots accent it's like if south afrikaners typed the sound of them speaking in English instead of just communicating in a chohherent way frankly I think it's an embarrassing Facebook Tier way of begging for attention 'oh look at me I'm so fucking special for being Scottish I had to make up my own fake language because learning Gaelic is to hard' fucking retarded is what it is.

The funny thing is i can understand you a bit better than i can understand Estonians.

Wat

One of my favorite youtube videos.
youtube.com/watch?v=le_uNGdpa4c

Now I have a fucking cuck nazi agreeing with me. Great stuff, thanks a fucking million for that, yank.

d'ya like dags

sounds like a leaf who's been living in aussieland for about fifteen years

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Company

meanwhile
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_colonization_of_the_Americas

B-bror?

HEY DUDE WHY CAN’T YOU JUST TALK LIKE US BADASS AMERICANS WE KICK ASS AND CHEW BUBBLEGUM FUCK YEAH HELL YEAH WE’RE SO EPIC AND COOL

This is how you sound to the rest of the world. Scots sound the way they do because of Anglo settlers in the Lowlands. Please fuck off.

I can read it fine, although I need to post-process the sentence. pidgin gives me trouble

It's just a meme flag, Jean-Claude, calm down.

14/88

Eat shit you cancerous swine. I hate your type more than paedophiles.

>this much butthurt
Nobody wants you to sound like Americans.
Scots should stop pretending to be an independent nation and integrate with England

The English cucked the Scots 300 years ago and they haven't even made an attempt to uncuck themselves since

What planet are you on?

>King of Scotland inheriting the English throne
>England cucking Scotland
England has never successfully invaded and conquered Scotland, despite trying numerous times.

C'mon now.
Boasting about that in current year is like saying America's never successfully conquered Canada.

Does Scotland even have its own military anymore?

>American reading comprehension
I literally just said that the Scots dialect comes from ANGLOS. I don’t believe in that Gaelic shit Again, stop talking about stuff you clearly know nothing about, you ignorant shit.

>inb4 muh trident

No, because Scotland is not a sovereign state. It has regiments, but not an army. Why are Americans so ignorant? Genuine question.

they spoke gaelic you numbnut

Wrong.

>Haggis reading comprehension
I never said anything about Gaelic

American states aren't sovereign but a lot of them maintain independent forces.
I'm very ignorant about why Scotland is such a cucky but loud nation, that's why I was asking.
Can you give me some insight?

It's not a language it's just them trying to type in an accent.

>be english
>can't even speak English

We know you meme'd but it's true.

SQUARE GO YA PRICK

Who said invaded? I believe I said "cucked". You're a cucked people, user.

Mon then ya wee fuck.

Eh?

People in Spain do the same thing. They will take minor accents and try to claim that it is a separate language. They inevitably always make a wikipedia for said "language".

I mentioned Gaelic just to inform you that, no, I’m not a supporter of independence like you implied.

Scotland is currently leaning left wing because a lot of people hold sentiment against the Tories because of what Thatcher did in the 80’s, same as in Northern England too. Indy fags have hijacked this and turned us into the whiny and obnoxious cunts we are today. Luckily, we are gradually coming to our senses as everyone is getting fed up with the left.

To be fair to us, we actually saved Brexit by swinging Tory last year (while England swung Labour), just enough so that the Tories could get into a coalition with the DUP. Had we not, the Tories would have had to team up with the Lib Dems who wanted a second referendum.

Whether it's a dialect or a language can be debated, there are no hard lines between the two, and if it's a dialect that doesn't imply it's inferior to the other dialects of English.

When TV news reporters say Paree instead of Paris.

>Scotland is currently leaning left wing

wrong

>like you implied
I was just talking about Scottish culture in general

What are the odds of Sturgeon getting another referendum?

Exactly, it stinks of smug self aggrandising attitudes.

King James considered himself first and foremost king of England; the most powerful realm he controlled, you cannot possibly dispute that Scotland was the junior partner when the union was formed. And the English have bested the Scots many times in battle, including when heavily outnumbered (battle of Flodden), sorry friend but you guys got ANGLO'd.

>Whether it's a dialect or a language can be debated

As is the case in a lot of language families, not just between Scots and English. Whether it's classified as a language, dialect or even as an accent is almost always politically motivated.

Examples: Serbo-Croatian, African-American Vernacular English, the dozens mutually unintelligible of "dialects" of (Mandarin) Chinese etc

GIO/LMAO

What's going on here.. lmao?

That will help my accent. Thanx

I like lolis as well, Padraig
tiocfadh ar la

You're spot on. Scots look like retards when they type out stuff the way they speak and they think their hilarious because of it but it's actually pure cringe.

Thank you for proving to this entire thread that nazis are degenerate scum. You've achieved what I alone could never have.

this lmao

It's better than the language you have, which is nothing. Even the Welsh have a fucking language, but you people are more than content speaking the King's English.

A similar proportion of Irish people speak Irish as Welsh speak Welsh.

My pleasure, Seamus.
It's almost as if meme flags mean nothing and people mean half of what they say on this board.
brb, fucking an 8-year old in front of a portrait of herman goering

Fucking retard; Scotland gave us Maxwell, Watt, Napier, Smith, and dolly the sheep. Scotland bas like less than 10 million people and it has contributed more to science than the 400+ million of Latin America. Only Hungarians and Swiss are comperable to have punched well above their weight in achievements for small nation.

No, not fluently. Being able to say "faugh a balaugh" will be enough to be considered versed in the Irish language. I mean really speak it.
Irish is spoken less than Polish. Like a quarter of the Welsh population speaks Welsh on a daily basis.

>Americans masters of the English language

I wish you'd keep your mutt noses from Anglo/Gaelic relations you stupid cunts

the scots are a bane on society near equal to blacks

this is true, but fuck they can’t speak for shit.

>Like a quarter of the Welsh population speaks Welsh on a daily basis

This is about the same for Irish.

> Being able to say "faugh a balaugh"

I have no idea wtf that is, but Irish it ain't.

English, the bong's gift to the world.
Bastardised everywhere.
Onya cunt

I have a basic level of Gaelige and can understand a lot of it to read but I'm not much good at speaking it.

Gaelige is the native language of Scotland too Hamish

>What's so hard about regular English that they had to make their own bastardized version of it to feel special
You tell me burgermutt. You do the same.

Nowt wrong with speaking in the dialect of your nation.
Some of the cunts who do it may be cringey, normie brainlets but to call it Larp is a bit far.

And Jews

Diversity of accents and dialects is one of the real diversities that are worth being protected. If you lose your language, you will automatically lose the rest of your culture, too.

In this country a lot of parents are sending their kids to Gael Scoil and the kids are being educated completely through the Irish language and those schools are becoming more and more popular and new ones getting built all the time. In my county 40% of people are fluent Irish speakers.

>To be fair to us, we actually saved Brexit by swinging Tory last year (while England swung Labour)
I mean sure Labour got more seats in England but it's a rather gross over simplification in the grand scheme of things isn't it?

>Gaelige is the native language of Scotland too Hamish
that's tenuous
a far smaller proportion of scots speak gaelic than irish (which is smaller than the proportion of welsh that speak welsh btw), and scotland had a vast anglo saxon population in the lowlands when the gaels there were 'picts' and scotland was not yet a thing. As stated earlier in the thread, scots-english is as old as English. It's more a misnomer since it wasn't imported by the English speaking English but developed from the languages spoken by the anglo saxon settlers as did English, making it as native to scotland as English is to England.

Why the fuck do the Northern Isles, Sutherland, Ross and Caithness vote Lib Dem all the time?

i'm Scottish and i don't do that stupid shit most of my country does and you cant talk american you changed the English language to fit your own image as well aka mum-mom and so on

This is true.
We've seen this happen over and over in history.
Groups losing their languages in the modern era just become soulless globalist economic units of the world consumer culture.

Mon eh hoops!

I was recently looking at this
cam.ac.uk/research/news/cambridge-app-maps-decline-in-regional-diversity-of-english-dialects
showing how regional diversity in English has declined over the past seventy years.
That said, the scone-rhymes-with-gone one confuses me, it always rhymes with gome in my experience.

You cunts need to batter those antifaggots off your stands and quick.

is that scots or scottish english?

More thana majority of the mentioned Hungarian's achievements is due to ethnic Jews is Hungary. Meanwhile Scotland's achievements primarily driven by ethnic natives (this while excluding achievements of diaspora Scots). A comparison between the 5 million Scots and 30+ million Jews would be intereting though since they are all over the place.

Are Scots the master race?

Canny beat our musical talent

youtu.be/yftaQupLT8s

youtu.be/riNS60fvok4

that's English with a scottish accent as opposed to scots or gaelic (which are two very different things)

youtu.be/AKx-PKBxjdg

>normal
what your consider to be normal is relative.

Also, they've been speaking the language much longer than you have, to them you're the ones who don't speak normally. Seriously this is the kind of thing you'd have to explain to a child.

This wee cunt dissed ma bit

youtu.be/L1Ko9X2w38g

youtu.be/j4xjs8zsv8w