Why did Lain become a classic?

Why did Lain become a classic?

aesthetics and pseudo intellectuals

Because we all love Lain.

It leaves you thinking months after watching it and its always a fun time rewatching it.

Because of muh philosophy. Pseudo-intellectuals pretend to like it so they'll look smart.

the real answer is that Lain was one of the first late night shows popular in the West

>a classic
Uh, by whose metric?

We want to settle down with a cutie who is into computer science/information technology.

This, but I actually liked it, I don't get the whole le psuedointellectual, deep memes, anything with themes is shat on like that.
The thing is, women who are actually in IT out of passion are probably attainable to an user.

>metric
This is America, get the fuck out

Sup Forums is tsundere for americans

Because it talks about aspects and what the internet would do to people way before anyone ever thought the internet was a thing. You could even say it predicted nearly everything about the internet.

>way before anyone ever thought the internet was a thing.
Uh, didn't Lain air in like 1998 or 1999?

I think he means before the Internet got big or more accessible.

And I mean as in before the Internet became an actual necessity for every day life.

Because Lain is cute. Any intellectial justification can only be made after it has been established that Lain is cute. Noone would watch it if Lain wasn't cute.

That's literally the case with every anime, nobody would've liked NHK if he wasn't hot and looked like a real hikki

It was odd, it still is odd. It's not the only show to be like this but given the vast majority, it does stand out.

Well, I just finished watching Lain for the first time and I instantly put in in my top 10. That seems like a classic case of a classic anime.

Lain a cute

She use the computer

lets all love lain

I forgot it the next day. Wasn't very good although it's predictions were pretty much on point.

>we
there's that word again

L
A
I LOVE
N

What's your excuse for not loving Lain, homo?

Lain is for Alice only

A story of growing up in the Internet age that would continue to resonate with watchers decades after its creation.

Same reason that Bebop, Texhnolyze, FLCL, TTGL, Champloo, and Madoka became classics. It resonates well with teenage audiences, and that's usually the age people get into anime.

because it predicted the future almost perfectly
lain is a really well written character and it's a good christian show

>Post-EVA
>Post Modern
>Pre Weaboo
>Weird as hell but approchable
>Topical and VERY japanese without alienating western fans
>Use of sound never before seen in animation probably

also it makes u think

Because COMPUTERS and CUTE GIRLS

>Why did Lain become a classic?
At the time it was released, it was an anime show with multiple levels of culture, industrial, and philosophical viewpoints some of which clashed and made it more interesting. But there were a number of viewers who also didn't understand the videos at first because their brains were "trained" to simply watch more normal anime shows. So when Lain hit them, they went "uh, i dinna understand, so i hatez it".

Lain is an example of an anime ahead of its time. Re-watching it now, you see how much of Lain became true. With quantum computing systems about to turn the corner and create a new era of computing efficiency, another part of Lain will come to pass where the behind-the-scenes computers influence what is going on in the foreground.

It doesn't take much to understand Lain now due to people having experienced the history of the internet and the intermeshing of computers into daily life. But back then, a lot of the anime audience couldn't grasp that part of the imaginary future.

Lain also didn't spoonfeed the audience. Those who are dependent on spoonfeeding have a tougher time with all the animes that don't do a lot of it.

Better question how did Akira get so big? Is it due to great animation for its time and style?

Watched it recently and really loved it. How's Texhnolyze?

It predicted "Knights" which became WE WUZ LEGIONZ.

Nobody would've watched NHK if he was a fat pork that Mikasi miserably ditched

Texhnolyze is futuristic Grand Theft Auto: Lux.

Prove me wrong.
>pro-tip you can't

>b..but muh feels

More like
>but muh sci-fi drama

I always remember Lain from the front and it was fine but in that angle she looks so beautiful.

Tex is probably the most depressing show of the ones Sup Forums deems pretentious or 2deep4u

it takes its sweet time to really begin and before that point you're going to be watching mostly impressionistic sequence of set ups for various characters and plotlines

but fuck me if it doesn't pick up the pace only to make you wish it did not

What's even pretentious about Texhnolyze? It is straightforward about it's themes and has a pretty clear story that tells as much as it should. Or is everything by Abe or Kon automatically labeled as pretentious because it at least tries to be a bit more artistic and serious about its medium?

>Or is everything by Abe or Kon automatically labeled as pretentious because it at least tries to be a bit more artistic and serious about its medium?

yes, and add Yuasa to that

I remember the hilarious outrage due to Aku No Hana adaptation's unique and great use of rhotoscopy for realism. It ended up better than a whole manga (ended mid-way though).

>Yuasa
>find out Yuasa directs Devilmen anime with Netflix money
Hype?

slowpoke

Name one movie with animation consistently better than Akira.
I actually want to know.

this

>that body
Literally built for sex.

do not lewd the lain

>Kazuma, Kazuma!

As long as I love her it's okay.
Shitty meme girl.

Because Lain is my cute daughter.

because lain is autistic which viewers can relate to

No, she's for cuddles only.

Lain is not for sex.

>This, but I actually liked it, I don't get the whole le psuedointellectual, deep memes, anything with themes is shat on like that.

Idiots can't appreciate anything even slightly complex, so they try to label what they don't understand.

Obviously it can't be intellectual because they would be insulting themselves, thus it's "pseudo-intellectual".

Nothing more than sour grapes.

Good

But was that a prediction or an inspiration?

A better question is why moronic schlock like Evangelion considered a classic.