Magi's Grandson

>Magi's Grandson
>Arifureta
>Death March
>Shield Hero
>Overlord S2
>Isekai Izakaya
>YU-NO
How do we stop the isekai epidemic, Sup Forums?
At this rate 2019 is going to be nothing but isekai adaptations every season.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-26/yu-no-sci-fi-visual-novel-gets-anime-project/.110355
twitter.com/jnovelclub/status/914734946295705601
myanimelist.net/news/52408870
youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing to do but wait for the next fad

To be honest I'd watch an Arifureta anime.
I think it'd turn out pretty decent all things considered.

That's not that many

Here's for hoping the next fad isn't yaoi or trap.

Newfags are so gulliable, it's cute.
I remember how a few years ago we would have nothing but battle school harems, not too long we would have nothing but fujoshit, now isekai.

To this day, I'm still waiting for the "nothing but ecchi harem" that user promised years ago.

Thank god editors don't like female protagonists or we'd see the other side of isekai cancer, villainess reincarnation.

Yuri? Cause I'd take a yuri fad.

The next fad is childish animal girl, or whatever the Jap feel like right now

>Female Protagonists
I miss my childhood.

See there are some that's actually readable from that. Like Bakarina and Bakamille.

>YU-NO
For real? I may give it a look despite the shitty redesigns and voice cast.

Milky Holmes suicide protest it.

>2017
>caring about entry level babby anime

>YU-NO

the new shit designs just wasn't fucking enough huh? Is there seriously an anime I am not okay with this

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-26/yu-no-sci-fi-visual-novel-gets-anime-project/.110355

I'm still waiting for the female-protag isekai boom.

>eeeh I've been reincarnated as the villainess of my favorite otome game but I'm a good person so now everyone loves me instead of the heroine?!?!?! repeat ad infinitum

That would be a good thing.

Akuma Koujo anime when?

Yeah, that shit's the worst, but the ones that aren't generic akuyaku reijou reincarnations tend to be more enjoyable than male protagonist ones, at least for me.

You forgot SAO Alicization which will be the single most successful isekai anime ever
Though it may encourage isekai authors to up their standards a little bit.

Wait, Arifureta got TV series too?

History repeats itself, don't act like kemonomimi and animal girls are new.

better than the moe era by far, deal with it

>isekai
>not an extension of the moe era

But Isekai is good if done well, See Overlord.

Interesting plot.
Good variety of characters.

Everyone loves it.

Plenty go beyond that if you bother looking past the premise unlike that tard.

The same could be said of all isekai.

Try this, fill out the J-Novel Club survey and tell them you hate isekai, request anything besides isekai. Do the same for the Seven Seas survey when it comes around.

twitter.com/jnovelclub/status/914734946295705601

When was Arifureta confirmed for an adaptation?

They announced a new Arifureta project under the works.
It might be an anime, or it might be fucking nothing. Who knows?

And that's great. Gotta weed those casuals out.

Drama cd?

I'm kinda hoping the new game and the anime adaption will flesh some stuff out, and answer some of those fucking unanswered questions that annoys me about it.

>Magi's Grandson
Huh.

hope one day they make Isekai with actual writers instead of adapting amateur webnovels

The same way we dealt with ecchi harems.

Kenja no Mago is an isekai?

>Everyone loves it.
guaranteed replies

Magi's Grandson doesn't have an anime

How the fuck is it not? The dude uses le modern knowledge cheat every other page.

myanimelist.net/news/52408870
>Light Novel 'Kenja no Mago' Gets Anime Adaptation
Yeah sure thing senpai.

wait

does this mean Arifureta is also in the works?

We're always swamped with whatever the current fad is. The only thing that changes is what that fad is. This oisn't unique to amine either, noticed all the superhero movies Hollywood's spitting out at the moment?

The Isekai wave will fade, but it'll just be replaced by something else, equally mass produced, watered down, chasing the current champ instead of having unique ideas. It's pretty much how it's always been. Meanwhile the truly standout pieces, either doing it all well with hearth and vision, or doing something very different, will continue to be few and far between unless you look back form a decade later and forget just how many seasons were in between all those brightly shining stars. And this means the current Isekai deluge, or whatever we'll drown in next, aren't really getting in the way of the good shit either. Shit's as it usually is, no better, no worse.

I'm sure the next big thing will be imoutos.

depends on Japan's zeitgeist

>80s was all about looking forward to a better tomorrow
>90s was all about getting hit with reality
>00s was all about waxing nostalgia for a simpler time
>10s are all about being anywhere but here

The imouto craze already passed.

Here's the theme song for all Isekai

youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU

What makes isekai so appealing anyways?

Especially to Japan? Where's all the YA fiction about an average American teen dissatisfied with their suburban life being swept into a world of swords and sorcery?

YA at the moment is more focused on teen girls destroying the society that keeps them from doing whatever it is they want.
That and vampires, but thankfully that shit is nearly dead.

Really, they're not that different though. They just go about it in different ways. Isekai is for people dissatisfied with their lives to fantasize about another world that lives up to their dreams, YA is about burning everything that doesn't.

>YA at the moment is more focused on teen girls destroying the society that keeps them from doing whatever it is they want.
how hard and how often?

Watch them all?

The next big thing is okaa-sans.

That's not gritty enough for burgers.

Japan got a big boost in technology but culturally they're still stuck in the sengoku era. Only they have ceos now instead of shoguns, and their relation to young people is still the same as the sengoku era.
Every people hate this pressure of "to contribute" to japanese society and young people prefer just escape to fantasy worlds because "honor" and "traditions" of japan dont exists.

>But Isekai is good if done well, See Overlord.
>Interesting plot.
>Good variety of characters.
>Everyone loves it.

Overlord is more in line with classic fantasy ala D&D. The author had a tabletop role-playing group with a group of friends, but when this one disbanded, he started to miss them.

Those sentiments, of being alone, were what it inspired him to wrote the initial web novel. He just used the video-game setting as a sale tactic to "update" it to today's people's tastes.

Many of the monsters, spells and even some mechanics are inspired or even practically from D&D.

I think there was a character from Forgotten Realms that he took as initial inspiration for Ainz too.

arent those that include YAMATO DAMASHIII kinda hypocritical in that sense?

>Meanwhile the last Overlord thread has ended with 700 replies

I would have expected another one to be up but there isn't for some reason.

I bet OP doesn't even know what YU-NO is

>video-game setting as a sale tactic to "update" it to today's people's tastes

Exactly this. Most popular isekai (certainly most that Sup Forums complains about) is an escapist-based weak or unvalued person becoming strong and important in another world that sees their true worth. Overlord does not follow this setup, because the characters were already successful players of their game and their real lives were also normal.

It's still a power fantasy, of course, in the way that just about all fantasy is. But it avoids much of the instant rags-to-riches premise that is in so much of the rest of isekai.

I don't want to create it. Even with the influx of a new content, it's best to limit ourself with two threads per day max.
Other anons are free to do it, though.
>But Isekai is good if done well
Absolutely.

one can dream

>it avoids much of the instant rags-to-riches premise
guy went from faceless neet to lv100 billionaire calcium god

still isekai

...without any means to enjoy himself.
Well, this is not exactly true, he is still enjoying 4X, but his ability to adventure is crippled by the tremendous responsibility on his shoulders.

new volume are out and translator doing for free tend to do that

It'll be the bridge between isekai and moms.

He'll be free to do a lot of shit after he "dies". Kinda hoping he takes neia along.

>Overlord
>"Interesting plot"
>Ainz is evil
>but he crying about "his friends" while killing and torturing thousand innocents
>all characters exist only for sucking Ainz cocks
>they do nothing but suck his cocks 24/7
>they can't betray him or hurt him. Like a dolls
>Ainz is unstoppable
>all his NPCs are unstopabble
>every LN volume is about how easy Ainz stomping on everyone without any efforts
>there is no challenge or struggle
I like and hate Overlord. The thing that Ainz crying about his friends and dreaming to met them while being mass murder is just ridiculous. His character is completely unrealistic. This shit ruined everything for me.

he isn't happy even in another world because loneliness

>but he crying about "his friends" while killing and torturing thousand innocents
Are you talking about Clem?

>guy went from faceless neet to lv100 billionaire calcium god

Faceless salaryman in a dystopic future where the Earth is polluted as hell and horrible ecological wars are waged in other continents. Also a mother who died in his infancy due overworking and a missing father he never knew, leaving him with a profound sense of loneliness that was only staved by his friends in the virtual game and that same feeling would later form the basis of his undead persona who, although successful now, would always overcompensate to save the children of his friends (the NPCs) while at the same time being terrified out of his mind of disappointing them and thus never be able to relate to them in a more intimate level.

he'll feel more at ease when he makes a true friend.

user, some people simply only care about their family and friends and will not hesitate to put one bullet in the head of others if the situation need it

and not, ainz isn't a good person

>The thing that Ainz crying about his friends and dreaming to met them while being mass murder is just ridiculous.
Is it? I think his point of view is extremely down to earth and believable:

>Equality of lives was nothing more than a madman’s ravings.
>If all life was equal, then he would like to put a man who tortured people to death in one electric chair and a champion of said equality in another, and then make the latter decide which of them should die. Anyone who could actually say that they could entrust their fate to a roll of the dice was a true believer.

>and not, ainz isn't a good person
Yeah, and he better to be always evil without any drama bullshit.
Just remember how he throw tantrum like a little bitch in vol 7.

>Just remember how he throw tantrum like a little bitch in vol 7.
He did. So what's your point exactly?

I don't like it.

That made me chuckle. At least you're honest.

>there is no challenge or struggle
Huge battles and enemies that Ainz must overcome aren't the plot of Overlord. The main focus is more on the world building, and character development.

>neet
Worse, a wageslave.

It's not that bad.

>Huge battles and enemies that Ainz must overcome aren't the plot of Overlord. The main focus is more on the world building, and character development.

And the freakouts and misunderstandings of everyone: Ainz ("What do I tell them now?!", "A bipedal sheep? A type of chimera?"), the NPC ("Incredible, as expected of Ainz-sama", "I never knew Ainz-sama saw so much value in that village") and the New World's people ("Sheep, what a queer magic caster", "He's doing what with what?").

>Demiurge: Lord Ainz has a 10,000 year plan for the future!
>Ainz: (I don't know what I'm doing).

>isekai
>fad
It's been around for millennium, the japs just made it super relevant with their self insert wish fulfillment.

the shoujo overlord

Damn imperialist bastards keep sniping any somewhat popular ln or wn with fan translation.

What is Death March about? Is it any good? Aoi got confirmed to have a role in the anime yesterday.

It's Isekai Smartphone but worse.

How? I couldn't imagine it could be more boring, so what makes it worse?

More Slice of life. More foodgasm.

Who's going to voice Yui?

Programmer dude(not like in K&M) finishes a death march and takes a small nap. Wakes up in another world younger and with a special ability which looks like a videogame menu. He levels up 300+ levels when he uses his 3 free meteor spells and accidentally genocides an entire species of lizardmen and takes down a dragon god. After that he finds civilization and gets wrapped up in various things while he walks the earth along with his slaves and companions he gathers along the way.

We return to mecha.

>videogame menu
disgusting

Another character had an ability similar to that, but not as extense as what he has.

its smartphone with slavegirls and more loli.

>arifureta bashed
>think other isekai must be good and have high hopes.
>end up encountering such things as Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu