What do you think about the anime Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu...

What do you think about the anime Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu? For me is one of the best animes of the decade although the normies only tell me that its too boring.

I would like to know your opinion

Better than your average anime show but it's still not good or anything.

KIKU CAME IN KONATSU

It manages to be decent with impressive direction despite the massive inherent failing in that it's a female demographic series. It similarly says a lot for it that it managed to be solid despite Rakugo itself being boring. So good for it I guess?

First season is fantastic
Second season is a bit of a disappointment coming off one of the best character dramas made

The last episode of season 2 didn't need to exist
Episode 11 gave more than enough closure to be a fitting conclusion, but 12 was a silly epilogue that retroactively ruined a lot of the good moments

I like episode 12, are you bitter about Kiku fucking Konatsu? This is a man that was willing to let himself get stabbed and die by a woman in order to please her. Of course he would let Konatsu fuck him.

No, it was the stupid epilogue nonsense that we didn't need
The story was over, Yakumo died
We had the big afterlife sequence in 11 when Yakumo died and it was full of catharsis
"They all lived happily ever after" style nonsense about characters that weren't the focus
The whole series was Yakumo's story and should have lived and died alongside him

The second season wasn't as good as the first, but overall it's a god tier anime for me.
Very human characters with very human problems, mixed with classic Rakugo stories that serve the plot.
Definitely my one of my favorite anime of all time.

If it wasn't for that pointless reveal, episode 12 would've been great too. Josei authors and their shitty daddy issues...

The mangaka going for the shock value at the end of S2 ruined it for me. At least the anime toned it down.

>The whole series was Yakumo's story and should have lived and died alongside him

>The whole series was Yakumo's story and should have lived and died alongside him
I agree. We didn't need to see old Yota and Konatsu. Also fuck Stalker-sensei in general.

Still, for me, Rakugo is anime as anime should be. The directing was great and the voice acting was god-tier. I've already liked Akira Ishida, but now I can say that I'm in love with that guy. I hope Japan gave him every award available for voicing Kiku.

I gave a shit about the other characters so it was nice to see and it was important because Shin has everything to do with Kiku and he is basically his legacy.

>he whole series was Yakumo's story and should have lived and died alongside him
I don't think it's just that; there's also a certain generational continuity theme (it isn't as obvious in season 1, I'll give you that), with a lot of 'passing the torch to the next generation' stuff, with the most obvious being the name inheritance.

Don't forget that old Matsuda rowed Yakumo's boat into heaven before appearing in episode 12, fully alive
That sort of feelsgood trash makes no sense and it kills the catharsis
Episode 11 did a really good job of rounding it off, then we got an extra kicker that Matsuda was dead as well
Having him brought back to life is retarded and Deen should have taken creative liberty to not adapt the epilogue

>Rakugo is an anime should be
Season 1 is one of the best shows I've seen and studios should take inspiration from it
While Season 2 had the Yota-Yakumo dynamic, it just wasn't as good as Sukeroku-Yakumo
Every single new character that was introduced was a waste of resources except the gang dudes
How did the mangaka manage to balls it up so much?

I liked S1 better, but Kiku's depression during the last years of his life was handled quite well. It's the insufferable Stalker-sensei who made it less good than it actually is.

I'd actually like to read an extra story about the boss and Kiku, which would also work as an OVA.

First season was great but the second was disappointing. Any part of the second season that didn't focus on Kiku wasn't anywhere as interesting and didn't feel necessary. Also that ending.

>normies
They're called "normalfags."

Masterpiece. Both seasons.

Basically this. Never cared as much about Yoaro, so a lot of season 2 wasn't as interesting, but it was still great.
Only thing I consistently didn't care for was the way time skips were handled, which always left me a bit disoriented. They just happened and I rarely had any idea how much time had passed.

>animes
>normies

In the end, I was really disappointed we hardly got any rakugo from Konatsu.

Yakumo ruined her career.

I've never actually seen a normalfag talk about this show. Please tell me nobody actually dislikes Rakugou, it's too good to hate.

Normalfags hated it in S1. They just came back for "lol cucked" posts in S2. I don't care what they think, Rakugo is too damn good.

Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong are more worthwhile.

And there are a million things more worthwhile than those, too. What's your point?

It's a plot-point that Yakumo ruined many things on his life, mostly rakugo-related. Still sucks for Konatsu to wait for so long. To be fair, most women actually believe all the bullshit Japanese men say about them

>And there are a million things more worthwhile than those
Name one from this decade. And my point is OP is a spewing normalfag newshit trying to fit in who uses the terms "animes" and "normies" unironically. OP can't claim what the "animes" of the decade is when he's clearly not seen any anime.

i see op has found his match

it seems like normalfags would love it to me. but older normalfags. considering the subject matter and the romance.

I've started watching it just because of this qt and loved it. Shame his season wasn't as good as the first, but both were good enough.

Too melodramatic, overacted at ties, and yes kind of boring.

Scenes like this were delicious. I never thought that the manga would translate so well into anime.

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya. Your point is silly because the existence of better things doesn't preclude worse things from also being good. If you want to call out OP's faggotry then just do so.

>Fucking the kid you're raising
Looks I'll drop this shit, even though S1 was amazing.

>normies
Fuck off and kill yourself.

Why were they delicious?

Hating Rakugo has become the meme contrarian thing to do on Sup Forums, it's easily recognisable shitposting because of the thousand buzzwords a minute style shitposts. The truth of the matter is that normalfags hate this show because "lol boring stories".

Rakugo isn't even popular, I don't think hating on it is a contrarian thing to do, quite the opposite.

>Fucking the kid you're raising
It was never confirmed in the show, a case of a mangaka attempting to mess with the viewers for shock value. You can simply ignore it.

I doubt normalfags even know Rakugo exists. It's not really popular enough to attract much hate.

Rakugo is not nearly popular enough for that to be a contrary opinion. It's just not that good. Not terrible or anything, but not that good.

>mangaka attempting to mess with the viewers for shock value
Yeah, where have I heard that before.
>Otaku no Musume-san and Usagi Drop
Nope

No, but Rakugo is critically acclaimed and has an intense cult following. Even idiot e-celebs that didn't particularly like it pay lip service to it so as not to look as imbeciles to their more savvy audiences. On Sup Forums, it isn't rare to find trolls shitposting about it derisively with buzzwords such as "soap opera", "melodrama", "boring", etc.

Don't know about Otaku no Musume-sa, but Usagi Drop's mangaka trainwrecked her story way earlier. This is not the case for Rakugo, which is pretty consistent all throughout, save for the epilogue.

Incest is never treated as a victory in SGRS, in fact much to the opposite. It's just another example of Bon fucking up Rakugo.

Critically acclaimed by who? Bloggers and list sites?

The people who watched the show and have a taste, user. If you need e-celebs for validation, you're in the wrong place.

Yeah, so? Rakugo is not the only one who has trolls.

Last episode was pure garbage. Everything else was good.

Find me even one reputable critic with a high opinion of Rakugo. The manga is acclaimed, but that isn't true for the show.

Why are you so concerned about the opinions of others? You're here and I'm here. What is your opinion, user?

The quality of the animation and the voice acting is undeniable. The only thing they fucked up was the last episode.

I wish they'd end at 11. It would've been the perfect finale.

Not him but you were the first to point out its apparent critically acclaimed status

If you ever do a rewatch then you can just pretend episode 12 doesn't exist. I recommended the show to a friend and told him to skip the last episode.

I'm not the one to call it critically acclaimed. I'm refuting that. I don't like the show, I think it's bad, and I don't think that's contrarian.

>animes
>normies

I qualified my statement. I didn't meant professional critics, only people who have watched don't appear to be imbeciles.

>I don't like the show, I think it's bad, and I don't think that's contrarian.
Substantiate. I have argued with a number of people with your opinion and it always go the way of the shitpost.

I'm not here to substantiate, I'm here to say it's not critically acclaimed and you're wrong to call it that.

I watched it and don't critically acclaimed, it was a good show but nothing extraordinary. So there it is, you're wrong.

STOP SHITTING THE THREAD

>thread starts with "animes" and "normies"
>like SGRS wasn't trollbait enough
>same two fuckers that shitpost about Rakugo come along
The thread was shit since the beginning, user.