The battle city tournament saga was the worst canon arc in Yugioh duel monsters. And that's not an opinion, it's a fact

The battle city tournament saga was the worst canon arc in Yugioh duel monsters. And that's not an opinion, it's a fact.

It introduced Kaiba's silly silver jacket. It compared Joey to Red eyes black dragon rather than Flame swordsman. Tea and Tristan where useless. It introduced the "I sacrifice a monster to summon a monster that has nothing to do with it" feature. Too many dudes got bound; Joey and Mokuba had their arms bound to their torso, Arkana was either straitjacketed or chained iirc, and Celtic guardian got a full treatment. Sure Yugi imagined Tea bound, but she doesn't wear lipstick.

And even if you could forgive all of that, it introduced the Dark magician girl. Good luck finding fetish art of any other female duel monster unless it's that bus girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wPDQgDs7Mww
youtube.com/watch?v=e0PJYqzht3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>It introduced the "I sacrifice a monster to summon a monster that has nothing to do with it" feature.

Wasn't that because it tried to stay closer to actual card game rules?

Yugioh is shit.

you hate it because someone beat you in it and got out of hell right Satan?

sure.

duelist kingdom is the worst

dmg did nothing wrong

The card game came after.

>Tea and Tristan were useless

Well, what else is new?

>Too many dudes got bound; Joey and Mokuba had their arms bound to their torso, Arkana was either straitjacketed or chained iirc, and Celtic guardian got a full treatment.

Surprised by all this when Yugi wears a fucking choker.

CUTE.

Why is she so perfect?

Fucking wrong. The very first Arc, Duelist Kingdom, was trash that needed to be burned.

> Joey
> Tea
> Tristan
Jesus Christ, how horrifying.

GX is infinity times better than DM and rest of the spinoffs including the movies and mangas

nothing can be worse than cardgames on motorcycles

actually that's the best series

3/10.

>Shitting on DMG.
You gay son?

>best

5D's had its flaws, but Zexal and Arc-V are far, far worse.

It's look like you have watched the dub so I'm not surprised.

Battle city was actually pretty good and more enjoyable than duelist kingdom.

The only thing you got right is DMG a shit

What the fuck are their problems?

They really hated each other
youtube.com/watch?v=wPDQgDs7Mww

Card games on hippos

>The only good arc
>The worst

Joey fainting right before he beat Marik was a bigger asspull than ANYTHING in Duelist Kingdom. I mean, at least you can make the argument that it was cool or amusing to see the Blue Eyes Ultimate regrow a new head.

Joey vs. Marik was just FUCK IT PLOT ARMOR.

>battle city
>posts a picture where they are wearing S4 attire

THIS is Battle City clothing.

No, Battle City was alright for the most part, aside from everything having to do with Noah. Duelist Kingdom is so hilariously bad because of how wrong it is. Then again, the original series didn't even try to to have any kind of accuracy. GX started that.

>Fucking Mai of all characters was about to beat Marik before getting saved by plot armor
>Joey was about to beat Marik before getting saved by plot armor
Marik is such a fucking laughable excuse of a villain that it really does make you think how anyone feared his dumb ass.

Normal Marik was a lot more credible. Remember how he almost killed Joey and Yugi, while still being somewhat capable of dueling?

>As a kid, I never knew that being sent to the Shadow Realm was actually just censorship for a character dying

If the Shadow Realm didn't exist, where did all the purple come from during various duels with various villians?

The real issue is that 4Kids took it and ran with it. Like the "dark energy disks"

You're forgiven for that since it was pretty easy to write it in around the canon when there is stuff like Pegasus being able to take souls through a TV, and whatever Yami Marik's punishment games were if it wasn't shadow realm banishment.

I mean, it did, but by this point the card game had been a thing for a while so this was where the rules changed to match the game instead of being nonsense.

>joey fainting
>mai stealing winged dragon of rah but can't read it
>arc being split and the noah filler arc

reeeee don't remind me

1. The jacket is white not silver.

2. It's sexy as hell.

Fuck you OP.

>everything having to do with Noah

Which is completely inconsequential filler anyway.

>watching a 22 minute long commercial

>hating on a Kaiba filler arc that brought us Tristian robot monkey

I loved it because it was stupid like the rest of the show.

>dub names

opinion discarded

at least the noah arc gave us some tea fanservice

Oh man I am so sorry i didn't download the fansubs off of nyaa when I was ten.

I was also very sheltered

I think the shadow realm is ironically darker than death anyway. Why die when you can spend an eternity being bored, just because you lost a stupid card game?

Nah, power of friendship preventing Pegasus looking at Atem's hand is still bigger asspull.

Gagagigo anime when?

Right after the 150 episode Duel Terminal anime where most of the cast is killed every 50 episodes.

>silly silver jacket
Shit taste

Looks like somebody didn't actually watch the series.

>implying card games on nazca lines is bad

>Ishizu will never sit on your face

holy fuck, ep74 was mainly just a long recap of previous episodes.

>Tea and Tristan where useless.

Like, outside of physical fights, Tristan is useless. Tea is just useless in general.

Riding Duels were actually pretty well executed in practice. 5Ds had problems but that wasn't it.

Normal Marik was much more of a threat. Yami Marik was the fucking goober

>It introduced Kaiba's silly silver jacket.
But it also introduced the Blue eyes white jet the greatest thing to come from the series

youtube.com/watch?v=e0PJYqzht3s

But it had Duke Devlin though. DUKE DEVLIN.
That guy and his Dungeon Dice Monsters game were so important to the arc. Youre talking out of the ass if you can't stop thinking of Duke whenever you watch Battle City again.
That guy makes the arc a masterpiece of card game anime.

>tfw Ishizu wants to sit on your face but you can't get hard unless she's wearing a dragon costume

KUNAI WIT CHAIN

>Seto Kaiba
>Caring about women
No.

How autistic is Kaiba? and whats the most autistic thing he's ever done besides create a school for duelling and making his rival's most powerful card the worst ranked colour?

building a portal to the afterlife to duel atem again

>caring about side characters
lmao at this guy

>tfw Kaiba loses his own tournament
>tfw he can never actually win no matter what

shit I forgot he did that
DSOD was a wild ride

card game came after the manga...

Why is she so perfect?

>no united front

I can only fap so hard, user

HA
NA
SE

The weakest arc in OG Yugioh was and always will be Dungeon Dice Monsters.

what the fuck

Why is she so perfect?

My favorite was when in GX, Kaiba sent Jaden's fanmade contest cards into space because he wanted to show aliens how cool Duel Monsters is, but the drawings merged with space radiation and created the Neo-Spacians and Yubel.

Because she is kaiba's waifu.

because she's white

I agree that DM canon arcs are shit, but after that we got DOMA and it was amazing.

Even Noah's arc was better than Battle City.

>The most contrarian hipster post on all of Sup Forums.
I'm not gonna say Battle City was the best thing ever, but if you think DOMA and Virtual World were good arcs you're either full of shit or you haven't watched DM since the dub aired on saturday mornings.

>hating DOMA arc
But it had Rafael, who's respect for his monsters was only succeed by his hatred for humanity, defeating Atem, who proved that when pushed into a corner would do anything to win

I watched all DM subbed months ago, this fillers arcs are great and have the best duels from DM, Legendary Dragons and The Seal of Orichalcos are more interesting than stupid 3 Tribute monsters and MUH PHARAOH REVENGE.

The only bad filler arc is the Zigfried one.

>A filler character written by a hack who couldn't even get the basics of Atem and Yugi's characters right defeated Atem in a duel with 0 stakes because Atem broke character like crazy to prove said filler character's point about humanity, which was factually incorrect even from the character's point of view if he bothered to think for 5 seconds.

>The filler arcs have the best duels from DM.
Paradox Brothers, Pegasus VS Kaiba, Jou vs Haga, and any duel where the words "MUGEN LOOP" are used are infinitely better than "I'm losing, better bullshit out a new one-card fusion!" and "My writer doesn't know my basic character traits lol" and "let's waste 20 episodes on literally nothing".

KURISUTEENA?

>Ishizu, even though you invited me privately to this museum at night, gave me a god card, and then got naked for me and begged for a good titfucking with my gigantic penis, I'm still going to ignore you becuase I need to beat the Pharaoh and paizuri doesn't make you better at Duel Monsters.

What did he mean by this?

>Paizuri doesn't make you better at Duel Monsters
I dunno seems pretty straightforward to me.

Is Kaiba MGTOW?

>A filler character written by a hack who couldn't even get the basics of Atem and Yugi's characters right defeated Atem in a duel with 0 stakes because Atem broke character like crazy to prove said filler character's point about humanity, which was factually incorrect even from the character's point of view if he bothered to think for 5 seconds.

Did you intentionally go out of your way to misinterpret everything?

F, apply yourself.

She is cute

in both the manga AND the show, Joey doesn't win without the use of gambling cards. He has more plot armor than Marik

post your favorite silly cards

>Joey vs Bonz
>Joey vs Weevil
>Joey vs Mako
>Joey vs Keith

>It introduced Kaiba's silly silver jacket
but that's a good thing
> It compared Joey to Red eyes black dragon rather than Flame swordsman
What does that even mean, he had an ace card and then got a better one. Where's the problem?
not really unique to nor did it start with this arc. They were non-contestants like in Duelist Kingdom
Better than the ruleset that allowed players to summon nukes with no restrictions, technically had no reliable win-con (direct attacks weren't a thing so players could just turtle up and draw into whatever they need if the opponent has advantage).

>Too many dudes got bound; Joey and Mokuba had their arms bound to their torso, Arkana was either straitjacketed or chained iirc, and Celtic guardian got a full treatment. Sure Yugi imagined Tea bound, but she doesn't wear lipstick.
How is this a problem?
>And even if you could forgive all of that, it introduced the Dark magician girl. Good luck finding fetish art of any other female duel monster unless it's that bus girl.
Not DMG's fault she's in a league of her own.

I've had so many fucking copies of this but never the spell card to summon him.

yeah, but she's no queens double.

Yugioh is a so bad its good anime

I literally only watch it becuase of Kaiba.

Didn't read but Gx is the best because it has Asuka on it, ARC-V is just as good.

Why did censor the title of all things?