Western popularity

I've gone through nyaa.si and found all the final episodes that were released in the last two weeks, and summed up the successful downloads for each subgroup. This gives us a ranking of anime by nyaa download. Note that this biases against casuals by requiring a series to be finished, but the big three are of course still well represented. However, because the demographic is different from that of the absolute pleb sites like MAL or Crunchyroll, we do see seasonal anime such as Abyss not only reaching but breaking into those numbers.

Complete list here:
pastebin.com/rJgdaa6M

Here's to visualize.

There are some above 20k that got me surprised.

I'm downloading tons of (fansubbed) staff from nyaa right now and fucking 10-50% of IPs belong to russia, china, japan, korea, UAE and such countries. Do you count it as "Western popularity" too?

>>knights and magic 5th place
Now if only we can have a season 2, I need more fantasy mech building autism in my life.

Ernie is the best mecha protagonist of the past decade.

> and summed up the successful downloads for each subgroup
> Hina Logic – From Luck & Logic
> 31
Come on nigga, how is this even possible?

Truly Teekyuu is too intelligent for common men.

>Symphogear THAT far down
How?

Because the release of the last episode fell outside of my time window. It goes up to 1522 if I extend my time window to the 17th. Re-Creators also fell outside of my window.

Because it has been shit for years.

These are subs only and most people rather watch raws than Commie.

It's something to be thankful for. Just imagine if the threads were flooded with Jojoshitters and narutards, on top of the usual autism.

>top 9 anime titles are absolute subhuman trash.

Even mal is better, you faggot.

Probably because the latest release was very recent. It could easily be three or four places higher, otherwise. In fact the number has already risen to 3261 since I compiled the list.

>>top 9
Good taste

Why don't you just kill yourself?

I extended the timeline back to the 16th, which added Hina Logi, Re:Creators, and Keppeki Danshi to the list. Same link for the pastebin.

I'm sure a lot of people use VPN's

Not many people in their right mind would download p2p through VPN. Although there are some extremely shitty countries out there I guess.

A large portion of nyaa users are from japan. This list is pointless as a reference for western tastes.

It's collected specifically from the English-translated section.

Because it's fucking trash.

>nyaa popularity = western popularity
user...

Had no idea Knights & Magic was that popular. Was it actually good?

Name one bad thing that would happen if South America was nuked, I can't think of any

In huezil it's:
1) Dragon Ball Super
2) Boruto
3) BnHA

>However, because the demographic is different from that of the absolute pleb sites like MAL or Crunchyroll, we do see seasonal anime such as Abyss not only reaching but breaking into those numbers.
I take it you're not aware that MiA is the new big thing on MAL?
Anyhow, it's nice to know that the best shounen series in years took the #1 spot, even if this adaptation was far from flawless.

>43 Yu-Hi-Oh! VRAINS 3705
>68 Pokémon Sun & Moon 329
I'm surprised there's such a gap there. Is Sun & Moon not a popular season?

Regardless if it is, the subs are behind, other subs that do it don't upload to nyaa.

>However, because the demographic is different from that of the absolute pleb sites like MAL or Crunchyroll
Really? Because it doesn't look like it.

>knights & magic that high
Very surprising

Top 4 aren't surprising at all. The gap between BNHA and DBS is a bit though.

I was disappointed that this wasn't animated, so I stood on my spinny chair and span around a few times.

Maybe DBS is holding back to conserve energy.

>Sakura Quest not as low as I was expecting

Suddenly my faith in Sup Forums increased just a little

>Western popularity
Uh, you know most of the traffic for nyaa comes from Japan, right?

I didn't realize so many people watched Knights & Magic.

>knights and magic
nani

power of traps. the west loves degenerate shit like that

just to debunk this shitty list:
big anime get more attention and therefore more sub groups start to sub it which means there's automatically a wider range and spread. I bet my virginity on it, that there are more sub groups involved for the first 5 anime than the rest.
also I can confirm, since I'm part of the German fan sub community, that the biggest fan sub sites don't use nyaa bc of the attention they could get.

>sub groups
>2017