What was your worst anime-related disappointment ?

What was your worst anime-related disappointment ?

When I remember it isn't real.

berserk

Ashita no Joe, or more recently, Flip Flappers.

your post

Sup Forums.

Eureka seven Ao.

darker than black S2

Garo S2 or bahamut S2. There have been many

>s.jpg

NieA_7.
I went in expecting nothing and I was still disappointed.

Not much experience with weeb. So my biggest disappointment was that Overlord movies were just a rerun and that OPM is being animated by JC studios. Are they any good at animating fighs?

Lurk for two years before posting, newfag cancer.

everything from 2012 onward

Yankee-kun no Megane-chan ending.

But probably nobody here will ever remember it.

>anime

Madoka movies. Specially the last one. Fuck that shit.

Probably Seiren, or Kotoura-san.

Bahamut S2

Rewrite adaptation.

Kotoura-san's first season was good, the second one was absolutely awful.

Kyoukai no Kanata looked like it could have some interesting scenes and development, but it almost always come down to "muh moeshit bespectacled beauty" with a side of "action every now and then"

Kill la kill. It wasn't a parody of awful high school, shounen and fan service... it was just awful high school, shounen and fan service.

Fucking sword art online. Got that shit hyped up for me. MAL had it relatively highly ranked. About MMOs (which I used to be into).

It was fucking utter trash. Couldn't get past episode 6.

definitely up there

Ashita no Joe

it's been a while

this

I know it's just one instance of QUALITY, but DiU has been my favorite piece of fiction ever written for years, and it's disappointing to see such an iconic shot get fucked up so hard.

You're both salty retard trolls, what was wrong with KnK?

Valvrave Season 2.

The fact that the opening theme was the ONLY thing about Absolute Duo that wasn't mediocre or just plain bad.

But damn, that opening theme was fucking awesome.

Worst girl in quite possibly any medium

Star Driver second half. It started strong, but the dykes ruined it for me.

I expected the second coming of Utena, at least the three last episode was kino as fuck.

I liked ISUCA, SENot!, and many other literal shit anime.

it is/was actually one of my favorite shows but it will always be one of those "what could have been" things for me
i was really into the romance part but in the end it was underwhelming. the show tries to be too many things (action,romance,funny/moeshit,serious) and 12 episodes isn't enough to do all of that. the movie was a clusterfuck

The ending to Oreimo

Haruhi hunting.

This, except minus "one of my favorite shows".
And yeah, the movie was somewhat better, but "muh despair" and Mirai going batshit was contrived as fuck.

Oreimo

season 2 of pic related

Why?

Evangelion Rebuilds being shit.

everything about Rosario Vampire

Wizard Barristers

WIXOSS after Infected

Everytime my favorite manga gets an anime adaptation. Secondaries are the worst.

PSG S2

when i was a kid i was pretty disappointed while watching the 99 hunter x hunter anime, i was pretty bummed when gon and killua discovered nen, i thought it was such a cool show without having to resort to superpowers
really cant remember another instance of being actually disapointed
i love nen now

This

The aliens and shit was nothing more than a coverup for the actual boring story about rural life. I was promised sci-fi, and instead got fucking real life that I could've also just experienced by going outside.

>Out of the blue, a fourth season of Jigoku Shoujo is announced.
>Seasons 1 to 3 had 26 episodes each, but this one only has 6.
>It doesn't add anything new to the universe and doesn't make a lot of sense continuity-wise. Worst of all, it doesn't follow the usual rythm of having Ai facing a major crisis in the end, and having to make hard choices. In this season, she simply meets a boring NPC, whose background is explored in the end.
>Adding insult to injury, those 6 episodes were followed by 6 old episodes from the previous seasons.

Why this mini-season was made 8 years after the third season's ending remains a mystery.

Coppelion

Didn't they fix it in the Blu Ray edition?

What's the problem? It's not the renamed Stand to avoid infringement, is it? Maybe a side-by-side comparison to the original panel would help.

Huh, I can't believe I knew you it was Xam'd. Saw that show all the way through one time six years ago.

Katekyo no Hitman Reborn. It was promising but then it felt like the author had no idea where to go with the character so they never had any character progression apart from new power ups.

Nakamura dying before we could get Despera

This is up there

Madoka going mobage. The model they took is bad, the new characters are obviously forced to make the game exist, and such. If you're going to do a Madoka mobage which entails new characters, make them women that changed the world. Otherwise it's just a cheap cashgrab.

Kyokai Senjo no Horizon, was super hyped for it and dropped it after two episodes. Having writing that bad should be a crime

I watched it until they went into a battle and the dialogue was so cringy that I had to stop

Watching the mods kill every Sup Forums tradition one by one and turning this board into shit.

>last episode reveals the sister wasn't even related to the mc to begin with and all the drama was completely pointless

Kotoura-san had three solid episodes. But I'll stick with Mouretsu Pirates, nothing happens the anime.

>not enjoying lesbian electronic warfare insurance fraud

Plastic Memories

Evangelion or Ping Pong

The shows were okay didn't hate them but trying to discuss the fact you just didn't care about them is the fucking worst

Not him but that show was probably one of the biggest let downs I know about.

>Oh boy can't wait to see some wacky space quests!
>I sure hope they get to some space quests
>Are they going to do anything
>uhhh

When the episode is over and I see my own reflection on the black screen.

i wasnt expecting bahamut s2 to be very good and it still disappointed me

Not really. The Emblems don't look like :D faces anymore but the face didn't get redrawn, it just got a slight makeover. It doesn't fix Kira, Killer Queen's weird redesign, or any of the other various issues with how the scene was handled.

Nah, it's not the name. Kira and Killer Queen just look far worse. The only thing better in the anime is Kira's arm not being fucked up.

The ecchi Seven Deadly Sins. Back in 2012 I got so hyped. The figures were really nice and the staff mostly worked on Queen's Blade. It had everything it needed to be great, but development hell totally fucked it over. TWO RECAP EPISODES IN A 12 EPISODE SERIES!

The second season was good though.