Yu Yu Hakusho

Let's be honest this was far superior to DragonBall in every way.

Better story, Better Characters with development, and Way better fights.

2nd Greatest series of all time next to Rurouni Kenshin.

It was better than Ruroni Kenshin, newfag.

But it wasn't

YYH is really the embodiment of everything wrong with Togashit's writing. He has a ton of interesting ideas but has no clue how to end a story in a way that feels natural and logical in regards to everything that came before.

>Dark Tournament is hype, full of sacrifice from multiple characters
>LOL JK LET'S JUST RESURRECT EVERYONE WE KILLED OFF BECAUSE FUCK IT
>Chapter Black ends with a retarded asspull, o my demon father
>3 Kings arc begins interestingly enough and then abruptly turns into another fucking tournament arc

Fuck this anime

Kenshin was better because it had a better lead character and setting. Plus was more realistic.

To be completely honest Dragon Ball was my favorite anime until I saw this 2 weeks ago.

>LOL JK LET'S JUST RESURRECT EVERYONE WE KILLED OFF BECAUSE FUCK IT
>Togashit's writing. He has a ton of interesting ideas but has no clue how to end a story in a way that feels natural and logical in regards to everything that came before.

You do realize this is what dragonball /Toriyama does too right? But worse.

How was it not then?

>It was better than Ruroni Kenshin, newfag.
no chance togashit fanboy

eh kenshin has its fair share of unrealistic garbo. nerves of insanity, the six comrades, the fuckhuge berserker samurai (forget his name).

Roruoni Kenshin drags on too long and it has only mediocre characters. The OVAs are better.

YYH has a better everything when it comes to DB except for fight scenes

>it wasn't because I said so
Really? At least come up with an argument

They both suffer because of it. I don't see why it has to be mutually exclusive.

>not even togashis best work
>second greatest series of all time

One obviously suffers more, In Dragon ball the reason why someone loss is simply they weren't strong enough. In YuYu there's at least an solid explanation for why someone loss or won. Look at the 1st psychic they face in YuYu the first to lose lost because he disobeyed the rules of Another Charcter's ability

i can agree with RK going on too long but if you're just watching the anime then stopping after shishio is fine. i wouldn't count the stuff that comes after shishio against it because it's filler, was handled by a different staff and nobody really watched it anyway. in the manga it does go on too long, i really think that the jinchuu arc was a mistake

everything pre-filler is paced adequately enough imo.

>not even togashis best work
It objectively is.

True.

jinchuu arc wasnt that bad thou.

Spirit Gun > KameHameHa

>not one but two tournament arcs
>worse character development
>far inferior battle system
>sidelined the best main character for the final arc
>far inferior world building
>even had the worst ass pull between the two series with "O MY ANCESTRAL DEMON"

please explain how yyh was "objectively" better

YYH's anime is a better adaptation than DB's, but the manga pales in comparison for the most part.

YYH is Togashi's best work by far unless someone can name one that's better which I don't think they can.

To a degree I agree with that.

HxH > Level E > YYH

Pretty much.

Level E is Togashi freed from the shackles of battle shonen. And HxH is Togashi whipping SJ's collective rears with those same shackles. How they let him just do whatever he wants is a mystery in and of itself.

hxh got even worse

>posts I don't like are bait

How many tournaments have there been in HxH? Like three, right?

>i'm an asshurt faggot

Now watch past the Dark Tournament.

You mean "everything wrong with editors forcing him to write." right?

>You mean "everything wrong with editors forcing him to write." right?
This. The manga factory is a shame.

Hope you recover my man

The Chapter Black stuff was pretty solid up until Yusuke's demon reveal. It felt like the story getting back to exploring its mythology and setting, with more general paranormal stuff.

Watch anime besides battle shounen that aired on your local TV channel when you were ten.

>eh kenshin has its fair share of unrealistic garbo. nerves of insanity, the six comrades, the fuckhuge berserker samurai (forget his name).
The difference is that when Kenshin gives you unrealistic garbo, it's still grounded. Watsuki stretches physics the way Kojima does genetics, but there's no magic or energy projection in the same way that there is in Dragon Ball and its progeny.

>Mediocre characters
The cast of Kenshin is way deeper and more entertaining than the cast of YYH.

What the fuck does realism have to do with quality? Having magic has zero impact on whether a work is good or not.

It doesn't, but it helps set it apart from the billion jump series where someone blows up a mountain and the other characters don't even blink.

Also, the historical setting is really well used in Kenshin because Watsuki is a huge history nerd.

>it helps set it apart from the billion jump series where someone blows up a mountain and the other characters don't even blink
Except there are also billions of series where that doesn't happen, especially for samurai shit.

None nearly as mainstream as the DB-likes, though.

Nothing is objectively anything. Get learnt, baka.

Tournaments aren't inherently bad. Fuck off.

just a reminder that younger toguro did nothing wrong

He broke genkai's heart

They're not inherently good either. Especially when rehashed a few times.

Not bad, just lazy writing

>completely different with each one in both plot and fight format
How is that bad?

Not if they serve different purposes and have different execution.
>rehashed
Name one time a tournament arc was rehashed in any show.

>Not if they serve different purposes and have different execution.
Yes, it's still lazy even if they are different. A tournament arc just tells your audience that you could come up with no other creative way to progress your story.

>it's still lazy if they're different
>a tournament arc just tells your audience that you could come up with no other creative way to progress your story
That's lazy thinking. You want to complain about something so find something legitimate to complain about.

Did it become "cool" to hate on tournament arcs all of a sudden? What's with all this needless posturing?